Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
167,941 - 167,960 of 200,347 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
So one's "race" is comparable to one's sex? How many races are there? How many sexes are there? What specific racial combinations were barred from marrying? Who would a person of mixed race marry? Can a mixed race/ethnicity opposite sex couple, accept each other as husband and wife, as a same race opposite sex couple would? Should racial segregation within marriage be used to justify gender segregation within marriage? Why is the former unacceptable, but not the latter?
By reading your response I'm guessing you believe if the majority don't like something that makes it right, shame on you.
If a person is denied rights another has, yes they are comparable.
Carriers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

We don't really care at all, just shut up and go away.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, tell us about how your inner lesbian has an epi-marker mistake.
No, you go ahead and explain how an epi-marker mistake creates homosexuals, and now a chimera AND a hermaphrodite.

Idiot.

I mean smile.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

The Exterminator 6 wrote:
<quoted text>Like you said, it seems to you........What are you gays afraid of, it appears to me that you gays are afraid that your parent's marriages will be relevant and that the joy of your sister married to a man will some how make sense.
Please explain to us what exactly is a "homosexual". Use the etiology definition of the two words homo and sexual. Okay, now using the same definition of homo, what is a homo sapien.
What also is a heterogeneous and heterogamous person? Are people who exhibit gay behaviors still both heterogeneous and heterogamous?
You see, I like you, and I want you to be freed of the lies that have entrapped you.
I think you need to find a gay person and ask them what they are afraid of.
Did you go to school?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you go to school?
Facing reality.

Accepting that homosexuality is a sexual disorder.

The fear that they cannot establish their own identity except by faking marriage.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you go ahead and explain how an epi-marker mistake creates homosexuals, and now a chimera AND a hermaphrodite.
Idiot.
I mean smile.
You're the one who says you're 1/2 homosexual. Just want to know how you justify that it's okay (according to your logic and scientific beliefs) that 1/2 of you desires the same sex. Do you believe your homosexuality was created by or has an epi-marker mistake “your words”? If you don’t have an epi-marker mistake wouldn’t your inner woman desire men?

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you go to school?
I was thinking the same thing. Seems this guys opinions were formed when his understanding was at it’s weakest.

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Facing reality.
The fear that they cannot establish their own identity except by faking marriage.
Nope, that's not it.

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Facing reality.
Does your inner lesbian have a sexual disorder?
Do you fear that you cannot establish your own identity?
Why is your inner lesbian exempt from your reality?
Does your inner lesbian make your marriage a fake?
MormRats

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

People have gotten wise to the fact that Wal-Mart is a Communist Chinese secret agent acting on behlf of China to brig down the USA..

Wal-Mart is running out of excuses,it keeps blaming disappointing results on things like delayed tax refunds, even though its rivals are doing better despite the same headwinds.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your inner lesbian have a sexual disorder?
Do you fear that you cannot establish your own identity?
Why is your inner lesbian exempt from your reality?
Does your inner lesbian make your marriage a fake?
Why are you such an angry little twerp?

Questions, questions.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Legally, the state of California sanctioned it, the only person I asked permission of ( other than my wife ) was her father ( I am old fashioned that way ) He knew before she did.
It was a non-religious ceremony, quite nice, close family and friends and one heck of a honeymoon, we spent more on the honeymoon than the wedding.
Not sure I understand your question... if it is different than I am responding... seriously
Thanks Big D. You answered the question honestly and accurately. There in lies a dilemma. Does one need a sanctioning body, church and/or state in order to be married? Granted, from a legal standpoint, a marriage license is necessary, but beyond that, what else is there? Can a couple promise to "love, honor, and cherish each other", without a state official, and still considered themselves married? You've mentioned "big government" several times implying it is intrusive, and yet you sought state sanction for your relationship. Obviously you sought the sanction, permission, and/or blessing of "big government". I'm just curious as to why.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally I believe in one wife, but I don't trying and force people to live under my rules. If they are conscenting adults, thats their business. If it came to a vote, I'd be checking the for box.
"Fortuna"? Italian?

The gist of the issue is how do we, as a society, define marriage? There has to be "line in the sand" so to speak. Other wise what's the point of the state issuing a license?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

MormRats wrote:
People have gotten wise to the fact that Wal-Mart is a Communist Chinese secret agent acting on behlf of China to brig down the USA..
Wal-Mart is running out of excuses,it keeps blaming disappointing results on things like delayed tax refunds, even though its rivals are doing better despite the same headwinds.
I thought it was all those Chinese buffets......get us all fat....unable to resist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one who says you're 1/2 homosexual. Just want to know how you justify that it's okay (according to your logic and scientific beliefs) that 1/2 of you desires the same sex. Do you believe your homosexuality was created by or has an epi-marker mistake “your words”? If you don’t have an epi-marker mistake wouldn’t your inner woman desire men?
You are partially correct.

It's not the other half of me, it's the other me.

And there is an additional mutation me. A chimera, hermaphrodite AND epi-marker mistake! With three nipples! What a monster!

See how easy it is to accept reality. No fear. I've done it, now you try.

Smile.

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

The Exterminator 6 wrote:
<quoted text>He never said any such thing. Perhaps you have screwed up the words so bad that you do not know the definition.
If animals, which are not human, according to gays, can be homosexuals which would make them humans, then why can't a man be a lesbian simply because he is attracted to females. that would make him a straight homosexual or homosapien, homo means of or relating to humans.
Oh, I get it now. You're saying you are a lesbian. And I thought you were a home schooled gay men so afraid of his own homosexuality that he obsesses and hysterically rants incoherent blather. Thanks for clearing that up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Facing reality.
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>

Yeah, it is. I nailed it.

smirk.
Nope, that's not it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

opps.

epi-marker mistake.

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are partially correct.
It's not the other half of me, it's the other me.
And there is an additional mutation me. A chimera, hermaphrodite AND epi-marker mistake! With three nipples! What a monster!
See how easy it is to accept reality. No fear. I've done it, now you try.
Smile.
Not sure what reality you want me to face. I’ve researched your so-called epi-marker (you added the word mistake) condition and from what I’ve read it is all unproven theory. I can understand your desire to bring some clarity to your own unnatural state of being, but, I think that in your desperation for answers you have deluded yourself into believing that scientific theory is fact and it’s not. And to be honest being a genetic freak doesn’t make you an expert.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what reality you want me to face. I’ve researched your so-called epi-marker (you added the word mistake) condition and from what I’ve read it is all unproven theory. I can understand your desire to bring some clarity to your own unnatural state of being, but, I think that in your desperation for answers you have deluded yourself into believing that scientific theory is fact and it’s not. And to be honest being a genetic freak doesn’t make you an expert.
Honey, we already talked about me.

Look in the mirror, we are talking about you facing yourself. The things you are saying about homosexuality just don't make sense.

What are you afraid will happen if you admit it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Oakdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••