Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#186355 Apr 3, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny!
Climb down off your high horse and let the new folks (and everybody else) think for themselves.
Nah, he's trying to recruit... Like when he bangs the drum for the Taliban...
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186356 Apr 3, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are saying that. He targets any fools, and this explains all the holes around your foxhole...
No he targets only those that are for same sex marriage, and defends anyone opposed.

Which is fine, except he claims to be for Same sex marriage so he can try and dupe new folks into stupid comparisons.

We have seen it over and over and overÖ. so I just de-rail it before it starts and let them know he is trying to dupe them
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186357 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Nah, he's trying to recruit... Like when he bangs the drum for the Taliban...
Taliban isnít for me, forced religion, adhere to social customs or be stoned to death, sounds too much like the Tea Party to me.

There are some here that might like it
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186358 Apr 3, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Using the forum for personal attacks.
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

pot calling the kettle black, or are you claiming to never have ever used personal attacks?

Poor baby, canít take what he wants to dish

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#186359 Apr 3, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. I'd be surprised.
No one cares about your little personal snits. Or your silly attempts to "expose" me. Or what you worry about.
Climb down from your high horse and get back on topic.
Actually Frankie, Big D, sits on a mountain top dispensing advice to the masses.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#186360 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Hmm... "Came out"... Let's examine that, for a minute. Came out. That means, that after hiding his aberrant sexuality, for his own reasons of shame, as we all know that today is the time of the gays, he then decided that he had to burden us with it, instead of keeping it to himself. Why would he feel a need to "come out"? For no other reason than to advertise, publicly, for a mate. We have no need to hear this admission of his faultiness, nor we do have any desire to be told about how he likes to play his game. This is nothing short of sexual harassment, as I did not wish to know about another bum fairy. I think that we should be able to institute a class-action lawsuit against any celebrity that use the media to trumpet a mating call. I feel violated to even have to hear about it. I DON'T CARE about his choices. What is "Coming out"? An open admission that he felt dirty enough to have to suffer a self-imposed exile, and then he felt the need to air it out, and I don't give a shit about him, or his preferences. He should go to gay mate sites, if he is looking for a co-fairy. This sounds like Alcoholics Anonymous 101. Admit that you have a problem.. Then, look for mutual support from the other faulty ones, as we know that any minority seeks the safety of the pack. Where was his "courage", when it wasn't popular to be a Rump Ranger? Hiding in some closet, of his own choosing. THAT'S where. "Coming out"? Disgusting airing out of no-ones business, but his own. What a f4g.
Ya know I Rock, I also thought, "what is the point of this coming out media dog and pony show"? Is there really this great compelling need to stand in front of a microphone and shout it to the roof tops? Why?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#186361 Apr 3, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
Since I'm not a biologist or a medical professional, I have to rely on the Internet. Here's a bit I found... "Inbreeding leads to a higher probability of congenital birth defects because it increases that proportion of zygotes that are homozygous, in particular for deleterious recessive alleles that produce such disorders."
Was it difficult to find this wikipedia article on incest?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest

You claim marriage has nothing to do with having children, but here you seem to be justifying your belief in the incest taboo on the effects of inbreeding on children, what's up with that? Either marriage has nothing to do with posterity or it does; which is it?

veryvermilion wrote:
Another article states, "Doctors are worried about all close incestuous parings that result in a child, since such children have a much higher risk of disabilities."
So, there is no objection if a brother/sister couple use contraceptives?

veryvermilion wrote:
Regarding incest and religion...--According to most Biblical scholars, it is widely believe that Cain married his sister (since there were no other people on the planet).--Abraham married his half sister Sara. They shared the same father, but not the same mother.--Nachor (Abrahamís brother) married Melcha (his niece).
--Two of Lot's daughters got Lot drunk and had sex with him to preserve "the seed" of their father.--Amram took to wife Jochabed his aunt by the fatherís side: and she bore him Aaron and Moses (so Aaron and Moses were the result of a marriage between their father and their father's aunt).
--Amnon, the son of David, fell in love with his sister, Thomar and had sex with her against her will.
Didn't you read the whole wikipedia article you quoted above? You are listing stories told early in the Bible, later two books, Leviticus and Deuteronomy both explicitly condemn closely related incest. Are you trying to tell a half-truth about the Bible to support your political goals? Do you think the history told in the first part of the Bible shape the Biblical laws listed in later books?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#186362 Apr 3, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
Incest laws come from not wanting children with a third eye or some other defect. Gays and lesbians can't reproduce as a couple so nothing to worry about there.
So, you believe marriage has something to do with procreation, that's why incest marriage is banned?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#186363 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Hmm... "Came out"... Let's examine that, for a minute. Came out. That means, that after hiding his aberrant sexuality, for his own reasons of shame, as we all know that today is the time of the gays, he then decided that he had to burden us with it, instead of keeping it to himself. Why would he feel a need to "come out"? For no other reason than to advertise, publicly, for a mate. We have no need to hear this admission of his faultiness, nor we do have any desire to be told about how he likes to play his game. This is nothing short of sexual harassment, as I did not wish to know about another bum fairy. I think that we should be able to institute a class-action lawsuit against any celebrity that use the media to trumpet a mating call. I feel violated to even have to hear about it. I DON'T CARE about his choices. What is "Coming out"? An open admission that he felt dirty enough to have to suffer a self-imposed exile, and then he felt the need to air it out, and I don't give a shit about him, or his preferences. He should go to gay mate sites, if he is looking for a co-fairy. This sounds like Alcoholics Anonymous 101. Admit that you have a problem.. Then, look for mutual support from the other faulty ones, as we know that any minority seeks the safety of the pack. Where was his "courage", when it wasn't popular to be a Rump Ranger? Hiding in some closet, of his own choosing. THAT'S where. "Coming out"? Disgusting airing out of no-ones business, but his own. What a f4g.
I've got to say that I'm pretty stunned by your comments...

Straight people "come out" at a very young age; talking about their attractions to others. As they get older, they openly talk about their sexual conquests, marriages, attempts to get pregnant, etc.

There are entire television programs built on heterosexual love and sex. You see it on commercials (sex sells). You see it in print media.

We, rightly or wrongly, are bombarded by it.

So, if an individual "comes out" as being attracted to people of the same gender; it's a little hypocritical to call it "sexual harassment".

Besides, claiming one's orientation in our society today, is more of a statement of pride and self-acceptance. In an environment of hate and fear of gays, it is a way of saying to yourself and the community at large, "I will no longer abide by your archaic and ignorant demands!"

Furthermore, when a celebrity does this, it helps other young and other LGBT people to feel less isolated and more empowered.

I thought you were a reasonable person.

What happened?
Vermillion

Covina, CA

#186364 Apr 3, 2013
A verMillion to one is the odds that the RNC, GOP, Republican and Tea Party members have to stop this issue.
Vermillion

Covina, CA

#186365 Apr 3, 2013
How much is a VerMillion anyway?

That's a whole bunch of stupid RNC, GOP, Republican and Tea Party members stacked like cord wood.
Anonymous

United States

#186367 Apr 3, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Go preach to your flock, we are talking about US law, blind to Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin.( or supposed to be )
You are free to tell members of whichever of the thousands upon thousands of churches you happen to belong to about who they can marry and who they cannot. But those rules only apply to your religion only.
I will do you the same favor and make sure Islamic or Hindu, or Volcano God law does not apply to you or your children.
Well if you're talking about religion, I guess I fit in so shut your mouth Big =D
Anonymous

United States

#186368 Apr 3, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got to say that I'm pretty stunned by your comments...
Straight people "come out" at a very young age; talking about their attractions to others. As they get older, they openly talk about their sexual conquests, marriages, attempts to get pregnant, etc.
There are entire television programs built on heterosexual love and sex. You see it on commercials (sex sells). You see it in print media.
We, rightly or wrongly, are bombarded by it.
So, if an individual "comes out" as being attracted to people of the same gender; it's a little hypocritical to call it "sexual harassment".
Besides, claiming one's orientation in our society today, is more of a statement of pride and self-acceptance. In an environment of hate and fear of gays, it is a way of saying to yourself and the community at large, "I will no longer abide by your archaic and ignorant demands!"
Furthermore, when a celebrity does this, it helps other young and other LGBT people to feel less isolated and more empowered.
I thought you were a reasonable person.
What happened?
Verminion, go watch Ru Paul, enough with the rhetoric!

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#186369 Apr 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>So, you believe marriage has something to do with procreation, that's why incest marriage is banned?
I never said I think marriage has anything to do with procreation. I know plenty of married people with no children.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186370 Apr 3, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have nothing to add to the topic? Was that your answer?
Yes I do. But Big D constantly harasses me with his dopey angry personal attacks. It's fun to respond. Get him going real good.

But let's get back on topic! I fully support marriage equality. Do you? Big D doesn't.

P.S. You never answered. Am I to assume I won't be invited to your wedding?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186371 Apr 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>So, you believe marriage has something to do with procreation, that's why incest marriage is banned?
It isnít a belief, we KNOW for a FACT that procreation is not any kind of prerequisite for a marriage license whatsoever

We give them to Vets that donít have the use of the lower half of their bodies, we give them to men and women who cannot have children.

It isnít a belief, we KNOW that procreation is not any kind of a requirement for a marriage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186372 Apr 3, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Well if you're talking about religion, I guess I fit in so shut your mouth Big =D
No thanks I will continue to make sure that tyrants are put in their place thank you very much.

No one is trying to take rights away from you, it is you that so desperately want to deny rights to others, rights that will do you no harm whatsoever.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186373 Apr 3, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well not even engaged yet so it will be a couple years actually.
I know I'm being gauche but invite me! I love weddings and the gay weddings I've been to were the best. If I can and if you're having a reception, I'll attend! I gift very well. Make sure my gift is worth more than all the food and booze I'll soak up.

Good luck to you. I spend half my time in CA and half my time in NY. So if your wedding is near there...

P.S. Don't invite that angry jackass "Big D" he'll probably give a cheap gift if at all. And he'll climb up on stage and try and tell everyone how to think. And "warn" them against me!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186374 Apr 3, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks I will continue to make sure that tyrants are put in their place thank you very much.
No one is trying to take rights away from you, it is you that so desperately want to deny rights to others, rights that will do you no harm whatsoever.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186375 Apr 3, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Frankie, Big D, sits on a mountain top dispensing advice to the masses.
Big D is insufferable!

I actually feel a little embarrassed for his silly ass when he pulls that schtick. But just for a second or so, then it passes.

YUK!YUK!YUK! Big D. What a jackass!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1980's Restaurant; Rax or Arbies? (Jul '06) Nov 23 xsturgeonx 3
Turlock candidate has long history in Stanislau... (Oct '06) Nov 7 Joe 6
Walmart in Oakdale? (Aug '07) Nov 2 Riverbank resident 13
Any Milfs In The Modesto-Merced Area? (May '13) Nov 1 missymarie 9
1 1 marriage (Mar '13) Oct 31 nik_James 2
swinger Oct 31 nik_James 1
Crook in Arnold Oct '14 Commander Bunny 3
Oakdale Dating
Find my Match

Oakdale People Search