Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
160,841 - 160,860 of 200,358 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And your basis is your opinion?
Fail.
It only bothers you so much because you have no defense of simple unadulterated truth.
Smile.
Isn't it odd, Kuntmary, that everyone's opinions are lies, but your opinions are fact?

That's incredible. I thank the baby Jesus for your wisdom every day.
Jeff Kugel

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

I like mine just fine, the former wife didn't.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You say, "Gays are a direct defect of mating behavior. Hence, they do not 'equate' to marriage at the fundamental level."
If that is true then:
"Infertile couples are a direct defect of mating behavior. Hence, they do not 'equate' to marriage at the fundamental level."
"Elderly couples who are incapable of reproducing or have no desire to reproduce are a direct defect of mating behavior. Hence, they do not 'equate' to marriage at the fundamental level."
"Any couple who is unwilling or unable to reproduce is a direct defect of mating behavior. Hence, they do not 'equate' to marriage at the fundamental level."
Maybe it's you have an epigenetic related inability to understand how children and marriage are not always tied to one another.
Well VV, at least you shifted from your ad homoan attacks back to silly stupid logic.

You attempt to equate a direct, absolute desolate sterility to those rare heterosexual genetic or accidental exceptions.

Or even sillier, the consequence of age! I suppose you expect married couples to get divorced when they can no longer procreate too?

But the stupidest 'reasoning' is a couple who is fully capable of mutual procreation, choosing not to (for the time being, an option that usually changes) with a ss couple who is absolutely mutually desolate.

By your reasoning, any relationship qualifies for marriage. Moreover, marriage is so dumbed down, we might as well eliminate the term as meaningless.

The bottom line is that my analogy already exposed the silliness of your claim.

The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;

An apple tree bearing fruit.
An apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
An walnut tree who never bears any fruit wanting to be a apple tree.
An walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.

Even funnier?

The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Of course it doesn't have to be. The law determined that faithfulness to a mate was unnecessary with no-fault divorce. Now we have horrendous consequences of domestic violence and child abuse. Not to mention a devastating drop in every area of the social health of children of divorce.
Now there is a silly and stupid attempt to dumb down marriage to a friendship of any gender, totally denying the part of children. Any sensible person would say the law will be two for two if that happens.
2. That would be like the law requiring sex or children or any other such silly demands.
Here is an analogy that exposes that idiocy;
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!
Smile.
<quoted text>
A perfect example of a gay troll attack.
Look, not ONE reasoned response to a single point of reality.
Pure ad homoan attacks of my person.
Do you really think this helps your cause?
Snicker.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to talk about no-fault divorce? Start your own forum here on Topix. This one is about same-gender marriage.
Children are to all marriages, as sheep are to all farmers.(not all farmers raise sheep).
I still don't understand your analogy with apples and walnuts. It's absurd. Just another one of your failed attempts to be clever.
I only troll the troll. It seems to be the primary language you understand.
No-fault divorce is an example of how past legislating the terms of marriage had devastating effects. It relates directly to this debate. You have no defense so you want to censor it.

Well look at that, you are trying an analogy!!!

Here is an example of exposing an analogy as absurd, something you still have not been able to do;

First, your analogy ignores the basic essence of marriage; a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. That immediately disqualifies your analogy as incongruent.

Second, all farmers (marriage) produce something. Whether it is sheep or something else is irrelevant. Sometimes farmers get too old (they still are identified as farmers). Some have farms, but don't produce for the time being. Others are injured and can no longer produce. But someone who can never, under any conditions produce is NEVER called a farmer.

See how simple that is?

The simple truth is, you troll because you have no character or logic to defend your denial.

Smile.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
that is why ill be dancing....
When did you get released?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Well VV, at least you shifted from your ad homoan attacks back to silly stupid logic.
You attempt to equate a direct, absolute desolate sterility to those rare heterosexual genetic or accidental exceptions.
Or even sillier, the consequence of age! I suppose you expect married couples to get divorced when they can no longer procreate too?
But the stupidest 'reasoning' is a couple who is fully capable of mutual procreation, choosing not to (for the time being, an option that usually changes) with a ss couple who is absolutely mutually desolate.
By your reasoning, any relationship qualifies for marriage. Moreover, marriage is so dumbed down, we might as well eliminate the term as meaningless.
The bottom line is that my analogy already exposed the silliness of your claim.
Even funnier?
Smirk.
Using your logic, an incestuous marriage should be legal because it can produce offspring. So can plural marriages. So can a marriage between a 50 year old man and a 13 year old girl.

But, hey, you're the one who keeps claiming that any couples who do not reproduce "are a direct defect of mating behavior. Hence, they do not 'equate' to marriage at the fundamental level."

Your words, not mine...

And I will not respond to your apple tree/walnut tree crap until you can make your point clear. Is the non-producing apple tree supposed to represent something? Is the non-producing walnut tree supposed to represent something? Is the walnut tree that ridiculously walks about gathering apples to hang on its branches supposed to represent something?

You're going to have to have to step outside of your asinine analogy and explain it to the rest of us.

You realize that if no on understands your analogy, it doesn't make you a genius don't you? It just means you suck at analogies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't come up with an argument against what I say, so you accuse me of attacking you.
Girl, you'll know when I'm attacking you.
I'm still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. Haven't even had a cup of coffee.
I'm hardly in attack mode.
You'll know I've attacked you when you have to go into therapy to deal with the PTSD you'll encounter from a REAL attack by me.
To put it another way, I don't attack you. I hold back. I hold WAY back.
Stop frettin' Miss Thing. You don't got nothin' to worry about from this old queen.
VV, you are so silly. You have been attacking me for three years.

All I've ever experienced is foul gas from a limp wristed gay twirl having a hissy fit.

Sorry, but no PTSD yet...

Smile.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Of course it doesn't have to be. The law determined that faithfulness to a mate was unnecessary with no-fault divorce. Now we have horrendous consequences of domestic violence and child abuse. Not to mention a devastating drop in every area of the social health of children of divorce.
Now there is a silly and stupid attempt to dumb down marriage to a friendship of any gender, totally denying the part of children. Any sensible person would say the law will be two for two if that happens.
2. That would be like the law requiring sex or children or any other such silly demands.
Here is an analogy that exposes that idiocy;
Even funnier?
Smile.
<quoted text>
A perfect example of a gay troll attack.
Look, not ONE reasoned response to a single point of reality.
Pure ad homoan attacks of my person.
Do you really think this helps your cause?
Snicker.
<quoted text>
No-fault divorce is an example of how past legislating the terms of marriage had devastating effects. It relates directly to this debate. You have no defense so you want to censor it.
Well look at that, you are trying an analogy!!!
Here is an example of exposing an analogy as absurd, something you still have not been able to do;
First, your analogy ignores the basic essence of marriage; a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. That immediately disqualifies your analogy as incongruent.
Second, all farmers (marriage) produce something. Whether it is sheep or something else is irrelevant. Sometimes farmers get too old (they still are identified as farmers). Some have farms, but don't produce for the time being. Others are injured and can no longer produce. But someone who can never, under any conditions produce is NEVER called a farmer.
See how simple that is?
The simple truth is, you troll because you have no character or logic to defend your denial.
Smile.
My dear, we're not fighting to call ourselves "parents". We're fighting to call ourselves "married". You're the only idiot who keeps insisting that in order for a couple to call themselves "married" they must be capable of being called "parent".

Again, I will challenge you to show me one marriage certificate or license that includes the word "parent" or "child". Name one jurisdiction in this country that mandates all married couples to produce offspring.

And yet hundreds of thousands of people marry one another who will not, for whatever reason, produce a child. They are no less married than those that do have children.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
VV, you are so silly. You have been attacking me for three years.
All I've ever experienced is foul gas from a limp wristed gay twirl having a hissy fit.
Sorry, but no PTSD yet...
Smile.
Then you can surmize that I have never attacked you.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear, we're not fighting to call ourselves "parents". We're fighting to call ourselves "married".
Tou(frickin')che'. Touche'.

Kuntmary doesn't HAVE a real argument against SSM, so she has to drag children into the mix.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Your position is a lie.
Sad part is Iím sure she thinks sheís right. Reality is she doesnít have the smarts or qualifications to take scientific theory and present it as fact. Additionally, repeating the same baseless claims ad nauseum doesnít make them true.

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
YES? So you claim that the provision set forth by Article II sec 1 of the constitution preventing a naturalized citizen from becoming President is unconstitutional because of the 14th Amendment? You really are an idiot.
Youíre such a dummy. You really do have reading for comprehension issues donít you? I do not believe it is discriminatory to exclude non-natural born citizens from running for POTUS. Which is what I said, and you somehow comprehended the opposite. Furthermore, I do believe this parallel to be a red herring argument. Youíll get no further responses from me on the subject. And yes you are a bigot.

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
KiMerde is a loony tune. HE should be glad his feeble-minded attempt at an analogy isn't being graded by a logic professor. The laughter would be heard around the world.
Agreed, he/she is one confused freak. I wonder if itís mother wishes she would have aborted it?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, but isn't it interesting to contemplate the possibilities?
It is also mind boggling. I think I need to find a 300mm-infinity zoom lens for my old Nikon 35mm SLR.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear, we're not fighting to call ourselves "parents". We're fighting to call ourselves "married".
You can do that now without the state being involved.
You're the only idiot who keeps insisting that in order for a couple to call themselves "married" they must be capable of being called "parent".
Again, I will challenge you to show me one marriage certificate or license that includes the word "parent" or "child". Name one jurisdiction in this country that mandates all married couples to
produce offspring.
There isn't, nor need to be. Husband and wife covers it all. Its about men and women, not men and men, or women and women.
And yet hundreds of thousands of people marry one another who will not, for whatever reason, produce a child. They are no less married than those that do have children.
Why they marry doesn't change why marriage exists in the first place. Marriage didn't develop as a means of addressing the same sex, male or female, sexual relationship. That's why there's no compelling state interest in a SSR.
ChrisJeffers

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Chris says; Oh no I didn't have anything to do with it.
Anderson Cooper

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>When did you get released?
When did you start blowing young men at municipal park gloree-holes??

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

The state requires posterity and married couples produce children with better outcomes than children born out of wedlock. Better still, graduate high school, find a job and marry before having children. Tough love; marriage isn't a remedial course designed to make homosexuals feel normal.

I understand your support for oppressed minorities; it makes you feel like a good person to push for rewriting marriage law to be inclusive and egalitarian. We understand that and want you to be happy, not to violate the taboos of society. How you live is your business and our law is everyone's business.

However, all people are not equal, men and women differ. When we're dead we are all equal. In that ersatz equality manner, same sex marriage is like a culture of death.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

You say your progressive but instead of embracing civil unions, domestic partnerships and shacking up you turn on our second oldest cultural institution. Instead of embracing the future to create true freedom and equality you want to redefine marriage for everyone. Rather than building a better way helping your brothers and sisters you turn on your parents and grandparents commitment and honor.

Same sex marriage is bad for the shame.
Earl

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Let gays suffer the same misery as straight people! They think marriage is some wonderful experience that they will cherish forever! Wait till they find out it ain't what they think! You can live with someone for years, but that doesn't mean you would be better off married to them! I know people who have lived together for over 5 years, got married then divorced in less than a year! Gays will be cursing everyone for allowing same sex marriage!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oakdale Discussions

Search the Oakdale Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Police: Naked intruder fell asleep in couple's bed 55 min Ted Haggard s Gospel Rub 2
Couple wants middle names to include 'Seamonster' 1 hr Ted Haggard s Gospel Rub 5
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 17 hr Fly right 4,893
Walmart in Oakdale? (Aug '07) Mon chris j 11
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon snodder 2,252
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 27 Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 27 Facts facts 15,927
•••
•••
•••
•••

Oakdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••