Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#184275 Mar 23, 2013
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
do you have anything positive to add??
those sort of bigoted comments have no place here.
are you a bigot against 3 people in love? Do u think it doesn't happen?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#184276 Mar 23, 2013
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
still hung up on bengazi?? are you bummed it hasnt gone anywhere?
tragic situation, however.....
Ill bet you were jumping up and down in horror over shock and awe?
NO??
more like jumping up and down in jubilation....
Im glad to be among those who were on the RIGHT side of that history...
we opposed that huge mistake from the start!!
ps: we dont know the history that you were voting for, and luckily, we wont ever find out what Romney would have done..
two wars, crashed economy, bad rethugs, no whitehouse!!
Benghazi is not about Romney or bush. It's on Obama's watch. Yes Iraq was a mistake, but this is now. History doesn't divide people on what side you were on. It's not a game.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#184279 Mar 23, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Yes there is. We've been over this before. Better health, longer life, financial stability.... these are ALL State interests, whether you think it is or not.
Ohhhhhhhh......I get it! So all the state has to do s declare a relationship marriage, and presto....better health, financial stability,......who wouldn't want that?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#184280 Mar 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
My GOD you make absolutely no sense...
VV, it's YOUR analogy!

Now you are confusing yourself?

Snicker, smirk smile.
Scarfs

La Puente, CA

#184281 Mar 23, 2013
Wrap it tight and pull.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#184282 Mar 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Viciously hateful, don't you think?
Smile.
Yes it was. I apologize. I truly donít wish harm on anyone even if I completely disagree with their viewpoint.

Location hidden

#184283 Mar 23, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was. I apologize. I truly donít wish harm on anyone even if I completely disagree with their viewpoint.
Accepted.
Soaked

La Puente, CA

#184284 Mar 23, 2013
The nasty jerk squad has appeared again.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184286 Mar 23, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Benghazi is not about Romney or bush. It's on Obama's watch. Yes Iraq was a mistake, but this is now. History doesn't divide people on what side you were on. It's not a game.
it is still good to hear you admit it was a mistake.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184287 Mar 23, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>are you a bigot against 3 people in love? Do u think it doesn't happen?
you guys just dont get it do you???

what was offensive is comparing a monogamous loving relationship with a managi troi.... sort of like when the bigoted haters compare beastiality with homosexuality........a ridiculous comparison for sure...

confusing a stable lesbian or gay monogamous relationship, with group sex is easy for you reich wingers... because your brains are so limited...

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#184288 Mar 23, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
KM is making sense, its written in opposite sex-ese, that might be why you're having trouble understanding.:)
Then why don't you take a crack at explaining it?
Endless

La Puente, CA

#184289 Mar 23, 2013
And the hits just keep on coming.

A a big fat toad its on your face too!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#184290 Mar 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
VV, it's YOUR analogy!
Snicker, smirk smile.
No, I'm still trying to figure out apple trees and walnut trees and what they have to do with same-gender marriage.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#184291 Mar 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
You say your progressive but instead of embracing civil unions, domestic partnerships and shacking up you turn on our second oldest cultural institution. Instead of embracing the future to create true freedom and equality you want to redefine marriage for everyone. Rather than building a better way helping your brothers and sisters you turn on your parents and grandparents commitment and honor.
Same sex marriage is bad for the shame.
You seem to be all rolled up in negative thought. You indicate that you think this is some form of attack on marriage. I see it as sharing access. Exclusion is a negative action. It isn't as if gays are wresting our marriages away from us. You have yet to show any harm that isn't contrived.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184292 Mar 23, 2013
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
still hung up on bengazi?? are you bummed it hasnt gone anywhere?
tragic situation, however.....
Ill bet you were jumping up and down in horror over shock and awe?
NO??
more like jumping up and down in jubilation....
Im glad to be among those who were on the RIGHT side of that history...
we opposed that huge mistake from the start!!
ps: we dont know the history that you were voting for, and luckily, we wont ever find out what Romney would have done..
two wars, crashed economy, bad rethugs, no whitehouse!!
...I know that you are attempting to sound educated, and also trying to seem superior, but you are not doing dreadfully well with it...On with the latest dissection....

"still hung up on bengazi?? are you bummed it hasnt gone anywhere?"

What you are implying is that you do not care about Benghazi, or your fellow citizens, or government workers who are working overseas... But in a minute, you will be shown to be contradicting yourself.
"tragic situation, however....."
Sounds shallow to me...
"Ill bet you were jumping up and down in horror over shock and awe?
NO??"
You are trying to make a point here, but you haven't. I think that you are trying to paint some sort of odd picture, portraying him as an idiot, but that is your fictitious script, not his actions or sentiment, I think.
"more like jumping up and down in jubilation...."
Here, you are trying to throw some sort of spin on the whole post, intellectually dishonest, and not very sophisticated, I'm afraid, it didn't actually work...
"Im glad to be among those who were on the RIGHT side of that history...
we opposed that huge mistake from the start!!"
Now, here, you attempting to claim some sort of high ground, both for yourself, and for a group, unnamed, of course, did you mean to claim that all the gays in America were opposed to it?
"ps: we dont know the history that you were voting for, and luckily, we wont ever find out what Romney would have done.."
I'm sure that you know that we do not vote for history, but for candidates, right? Simple, and succinct, in displaying your lack of any real reasoning and thus your need to place him into a position that you can use, in order to attack him, but this is, again, your fictitious script, but nothing real or concrete.
"two wars, crashed economy, bad rethugs, no whitehouse!!"
This li'l rant is nothing short of a plea for a rational argument.

Now, if you have nothing better to do, except try to place your opponents into positions from which they can be exploited, you have little skill to brag about. Now, if that is the best that you can do, then you should not attempt any more of this, as it shows your lack of anything even resembling a thought. Any thoughts that you may be entertaining to the contrary are merely "sour grapes", as your opponent did not place himself into the position that you wished him to be in. you had to do that, in order to use your weak game.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184293 Mar 23, 2013
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
do you have anything positive to add??
those sort of bigoted comments have no place here.
I do, and that is that I am positive that you an idiot. He is not the bigot here, you are. You wish to suppress his 1st Amendment rights to express himself, as you do not like what he has to say. Nothing bigoted in his post at all. You are trying to use an old and weak ploy, namely, calling him a bigot for not sharing your point of view. Weak and sad, to say the least. Tired.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184294 Mar 23, 2013
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Im sorry brian, but the state doesnt actually require marriages to produce anything......
mabey you should leave your religious beliefes in the closet, where they belong.
same sex marraige is far from a "culture of death"....
i think you truly need to remove your head from your arse to have a discussion without sounding like a mideval asshole!!
...You should follow your own advice. And learn to spell, as well. Your grammar is atrocious.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184295 Mar 23, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I do, and that is that I am positive that you an idiot. He is not the bigot here, you are. You wish to suppress his 1st Amendment rights to express himself, as you do not like what he has to say. Nothing bigoted in his post at all. You are trying to use an old and weak ploy, namely, calling him a bigot for not sharing your point of view. Weak and sad, to say the least. Tired.
unfortunately you didnt provide a defense of "traditional marriage"

none of you baggers ever can.

because there really is no defense against such steep bigotry.

ill be thinking of you when they strike down prop hate next week!!

you are on the wrong side of history, but ill bet you like that.

the more you spew, the more your intolerance and bigotry shows.

ill bet youre still soar over last november, as well...

so ill cut your ignorant bigoted a&& some slack.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184296 Mar 23, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
...I know that you are attempting to sound educated, and also trying to seem superior, but you are not doing dreadfully well with it...On with the latest dissection....
"still hung up on bengazi?? are you bummed it hasnt gone anywhere?"
What you are implying is that you do not care about Benghazi, or your fellow citizens, or government workers who are working overseas... But in a minute, you will be shown to be contradicting yourself.
"tragic situation, however....."
Sounds shallow to me...
"Ill bet you were jumping up and down in horror over shock and awe?
NO??"
You are trying to make a point here, but you haven't. I think that you are trying to paint some sort of odd picture, portraying him as an idiot, but that is your fictitious script, not his actions or sentiment, I think.
"more like jumping up and down in jubilation...."
Here, you are trying to throw some sort of spin on the whole post, intellectually dishonest, and not very sophisticated, I'm afraid, it didn't actually work...
"Im glad to be among those who were on the RIGHT side of that history...
we opposed that huge mistake from the start!!"
Now, here, you attempting to claim some sort of high ground, both for yourself, and for a group, unnamed, of course, did you mean to claim that all the gays in America were opposed to it?
"ps: we dont know the history that you were voting for, and luckily, we wont ever find out what Romney would have done.."
I'm sure that you know that we do not vote for history, but for candidates, right? Simple, and succinct, in displaying your lack of any real reasoning and thus your need to place him into a position that you can use, in order to attack him, but this is, again, your fictitious script, but nothing real or concrete.
"two wars, crashed economy, bad rethugs, no whitehouse!!"
This li'l rant is nothing short of a plea for a rational argument.
Now, if you have nothing better to do, except try to place your opponents into positions from which they can be exploited, you have little skill to brag about. Now, if that is the best that you can do, then you should not attempt any more of this, as it shows your lack of anything even resembling a thought. Any thoughts that you may be entertaining to the contrary are merely "sour grapes", as your opponent did not place himself into the position that you wished him to be in. you had to do that, in order to use your weak game.
I dont have any "opponents"

you are either tolerant of people not like yourself???

or you are not(like you) and on the wrong side of history

83 % of folks under thirty approve of same sex marraige.

and 58% of the population at large is now in favor of gay marriage.

up from just 23% in 1996

the future is tolerant, not bigoted.

sorry.

ps; we dont let the majority vote on the minorities rights here in america.

if we did?? bigots like you would have held on to slavery at least another half a century.

I can imagine you are a constitutionalist...... though you probably only like the original one, without all those pesky amendments.

pps: ill give you credit, at least you actually read stuff!!

when most baggers as dumb as you, dont even try!

Location hidden

#184297 Mar 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
VV, it's YOUR analogy!
Snicker, smirk smile.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm still trying to figure out apple trees and walnut trees and what they have to do with same-gender marriage.
VV, you lie again!

post 184206

"Children are to all marriages, as sheep are to all farmers.(not all farmers raise sheep)."

Got caught with your pants down again...

However, the real question is, why do ss couples find it so hard to establish their own identity?

It's not about rights, those can and have been addressed in other ways.

It's not about family, most people like (and want) having their one natural mother and father together and raising them. A gay couple is never more than one of those, and always missing a gender.

It's not about acceptance, this forum and history are evidence that many will never accept that ss couples are the same as marriage. The only result of forcing that on people is a greater resentment, not acceptance.

You need to ask yourself why it is impossible for you to never successfully counter that inner sense of sexual brokenness.

Oh, and everyone knows exactly what the apple and walnut tree analogy means.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Available for dating Bachelorette (Dec '13) Dec 20 KeS 2
New OAKDALE Fema Concentration camps being buil... (Nov '08) Dec 18 classified1234 12
Review: A & A Temporary Fencing (Jun '14) Dec 18 Matt Dalek 2
Obamaa s Action on Immigration Praised in Modesto Dec 3 stell88 1
1980's Restaurant; Rax or Arbies? (Jul '06) Nov '14 xsturgeonx 3
Turlock candidate has long history in Stanislau... (Oct '06) Nov '14 Joe 6
Walmart in Oakdale? (Aug '07) Nov '14 Riverbank resident 13
Oakdale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oakdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oakdale