Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
160,681 - 160,700 of 200,564 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? You’re comparing the rules regarding qualifying for POTUS to the rights of Gay Americans. It amuses me to watch bigots attempt to make a logical argument against Gay Marriage. But, heaven forbid (pun intended) your rights be infringed upon. That’s when you all start whining like little biotches. What will you nitwits come up with next? Just admit it, you are weirded-out by Gay people and that clouds your judgment. In other words you’re a bigot.
Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Gay couples are not an equal relationship, just like all other relationships, every single one of which is ideally birthed solely by marriage.

Just admit it, you have no logical answer, so you spew out ad homoan attacks.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it interesting that we will immediately dismiss the possibility of a "god" because of scientific advances? Advances which include the creation of life. And advancement which must be assumed to be a FIRST if one is to dismiss a "GOD".
Sure, it may not be the "god" of the bible, but I find it quite naive to think there is NO possibility that in fact, another more intelligent life-form, a "god", didn't come along and kick start the human race much the same as we are doing today.
Think of the things we build and create, is it possible we aren't the "big man" on the block? Perhaps we are simply living in a big ant farm as entertainment for our "god"?
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
He’d be roflhao, at you.
A perfect example.

Not one response to the substance of the point.

Simply (pun intended) an ad homoan attack.

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
He’d be roflhao, at you.
I'm curious, I dare you to give ak a reasoned response.

Come on, give us your best shot!

Smile.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? You’re comparing the rules regarding qualifying for POTUS to the rights of Gay Americans.
Are you serious? I simply pointed out the Constitution does not treat all citizens "equal" in all matters, the constitution has to interpreted. How the heck in the name of Francis Albert Sinatra, did u think I was "comparing the the rules regarding qualifying for POTUS to the rights of Gay Americans"?
. It amuses me to watch bigots attempt to make a logical argument against Gay Marriage. But, heaven forbid (pun intended) your rights be infringed upon.
it amuses me how some rainbow flag wavers toss around the word "bigot" simply because one opposes the legal redefinition of marriage, that it is, pun intended", inconceivable. Heaven forbid, you realize you already do, as do I, possess the right to marry. You simply do not wish to exercise such a right in the same manner as everybody else.
. That’s when you all start whining like little biotches. What will you nitwits come up with next? Just admit it, you are weirded-out by Gay people and that clouds your judgment. In other words you’re a bigot.
That's when you all start whining like little children. What will YOU chooches come up with next? Just admit it, you are weirded out by the fact that you were created by a sex act, coital intercourse, between a man and a woman, and that clouds YOUR judgement. In other words, the only one who is a bigot here is you!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
More on this if you care to read.
This is from Yale Law.
http://www.law.yale.edu/news/4174.htm
Thanks for the link. Prior to reading your posts I just assumed that marriage automatically carried over from state to state, that one state could force aanother state to accept a marriage.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That's when you all start whining like little children. What will YOU chooches come up with next? Just admit it, you are weirded out by the fact that you were created by a sex act, coital intercourse, between a man and a woman, and that clouds YOUR judgement. In other words, the only one who is a bigot here is you!
That's silly and you know it. Why post such things?

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that the primary purpose of marriage is, and has always been, to restrain people's mating behaviors.

Prove that it is and always has been successful in doing that.

Then prove that gay folks marrying will cause straight people to mate with even less restraint.

Some Never Came Home

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? I simply pointed out the Constitution does not treat all citizens "equal" in all matters, the constitution has to interpreted. How the heck in the name of Francis Albert Sinatra, did u think I was "comparing the the rules regarding qualifying for POTUS to the rights of Gay Americans"?
<quoted text>
it amuses me how some rainbow flag wavers toss around the word "bigot" simply because one opposes the legal redefinition of marriage, that it is, pun intended", inconceivable. Heaven forbid, you realize you already do, as do I, possess the right to marry. You simply do not wish to exercise such a right in the same manner as everybody else.
<quoted text>
To bad you're on the losing side of history! And thank god we have a Constitution to protect us from "Bigots" like you! Marriage equality is coming and there is nothing you can do about it,so better get out of the way or be crushed by the Constitutional weight of it all come this June! And the truth of the matter is you can't give any valid reasons as to how a same sex marriage will affect yours at all or how it would harm your marriage! Valid reasons not B.S.! I'm married 35 years and I fail to see how marriage equality will affect or cause harm to my marriage in any way shape or form! Religion does NOT enter into the equation at all,SECULAR country!

This link is why Prop 8 is Unconstitutional!

www.afer.org/our-work/our-arguments/
ruggug

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

youtube.com/watch... ……
The Judge is Gay

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
That's silly and you know it. Why post such things?
Its just as silly as Marram's post to which I had responded to.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay couples are not an equal relationship, just like all other relationships, every single one of which is ideally birthed solely by marriage.
Just admit it, you have no logical answer, so you spew out ad homoan attacks.
Smile.
Evolutionary speaking homosexuality has been identified as naturel in 37 documented mammal species, it is a natural occurrence. I didn’t realize you were such a big fan of Evolution.

Your desire to make them not equal by law is a very anti-American stance, you should look for other nations that enforce cultural, traditional and religion.

The Taliban is like that, you should contact them, and maybe they are accepting converts
Norrdoes

La Puente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Those RNC, GOP, Republican andTea Party member's are one large bunch of idiots.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolutionary speaking homosexuality has been identified as naturel in 37 documented mammal species, it is a natural occurrence. I didn’t realize you were such a big fan of Evolution.
Your desire to make them not equal by law is a very anti-American stance, you should look for other nations that enforce cultural, traditional and religion.
The Taliban is like that, you should contact them, and maybe they are accepting converts
The fact that nature partakes in homosexuality is irrevelent to humans partaking in homosexuality. They do not have the same ability to reason as humans do. Many species eat their young. Does that mean it's natural to eat our kids?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

“This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.”
&#8213; Isaac Newton, The Principia: Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>

Equal doesn't mean differences can't be taken into consideration, or distinctions not made. Uninals aren't installed in the women's locker room, blind people aren't allowed to drive, men can't be mothers nor women fathers, and most states legally define marriage as a union of husband and wife.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that nature partakes in homosexuality is irrevelent to humans partaking in homosexuality. They do not have the same ability to reason as humans do. Many species eat their young. Does that mean it's natural to eat our kids?
Animals generally kill members of their own species, even family that try to eat their kids... so do we. I support the death penalty

But the point I am making is that homosexuality is not in any why singular to humans or opposed to "natural" as it is a part of the natural world.

No I think we have done well as our species gained the intelligence to form into groups, create cultural ties, and even ( rolls eyes ) government. Although our species has certainly not found the "perfect government" it is an effort, and a constantly striving and evolving process.

Our founders for example, a rather large number of them wanted a classed society, where only the wealthy could vote, they were shouted down and instead started a more equality based society.

We have evolved far from there, and are continuing to evolve.

always toward Freedom, Justice and Equality, that is why I am an American. It is impossible to take my patriotism away from me, but it is a principal I am a patriot to, not a flag, not a set of boundaries, not name of a country.

We have done well, not perfect, but well, other nations have as well and I applaud them. In the long run, always bet on what is right, I do, and am usually not disappointed. I am willing to make a wager now that I will not be disappointed when the Supreme Court makes its ruling.

Recognizing of same sex marriage is right, it is justice, it is equality, and fits with my patriotism to the ideal that America strives for ( and never quite achieves, as all good goals are )

We Americans
uff dah

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

uff dah. what's next? marriages between 40 year old child molesters and 8 year old boys?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal doesn't mean differences can't be taken into consideration, or distinctions not made. Uninals aren't installed in the women's locker room, blind people aren't allowed to drive, men can't be mothers nor women fathers, and most states legally define marriage as a union of husband and wife.
I do notice that baby changing stations do exist in men’s bathrooms now :)

It is fine to notice a difference, but justice wears a blindfold, blind to Race, creed, color, sex, religion, orientation, or national origin.

A goal we have not actually achieved, but always strive for.

You are on the wrong side of history
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
p.s. I expect to see blind people as the only occupants of a vehicle in my lifetime :)

well... sort of

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_driverles...

we do not live in a static world, but an ever evolving one.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
“This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.”
&#8213; Isaac Newton, The Principia: Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy
You and Isaac are entitled to all the opinions you want, that book ( which I have read ) of course is not about that subject, which is why that was only presented as an opinion.

It wasn’t about that subject because opinion is all one can have, there is zero evidence supporting the existence of any of the billions of gods man has believed in.

You are free to have that opinion however, as long as you don’t try and enforce the rules laid down by your imaginary palmate on anyone else.

You know I can post statements by many physicists before and after Newton who had a totally different opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Family 8 hr Baby Girl 1
Judge John D. Freeland is wrong! (Dec '13) 12 hr justice 4
I am a multi millionaire (Aug '13) 12 hr KeS 11
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 19 hr Donny B 7,922
Fraud claims coming to court (Jun '07) Tue KeS 2
to the young girl selling tamales at winco (Feb '10) Tue KeS 100
Homeless Modesto Men Headed for Trial (Apr '08) Tue KeS 25
•••
•••
•••