Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
160,601 - 160,620 of 200,347 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Apollo11911 wrote:
<quoted text>What will you say when DOMA
Can any of you read? I have already stated my position on DOMA.

One more time since you and your clan seem a bit slow- SEC 3 of DOMA is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Got it?
Apollo11911 wrote:
, Prop 8
Prop 8 is a very distinct issue. CA is currently the only State where one can make the argument that the 14th Amendment has been violated. This is due to the fact that there are currently homosexuals in CA whom are legally marriage and will continue to be so even with prop 8. This creates a "special class" of homosexual citizen within the State- one class which can and is legally married, and another second class which cannot.

I fully expect the SCOTUS to uphold the Walker decision, I also fully expect them to limit that decision to the State of California. It is in fact the correct and Constitutional thing to do.
Apollo11911 wrote:
and other state wide bans against same sex marriage are struck down by SCOTUS?? Will you then agree with the law, or demand a new ruling?
Now this is a wide net. There is no enumerated power within the Constitution for the Federal Government to regulate or otherwise define marriage, thus under the 10th Amendment this falls to the State. This is the exact logic the court used when it ruled DOMA unconstitutional. I feel the court won't touch the issue of same sex marriage on a national level.

Here is what I think will come out of the SCOTUS with these cases, and what also would be the Constitutional thing for the court to do.

First- Rule that Prop 8 is a violation of the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment for the reasons I stated above. They will limit this ruling strictly to California and the Prop 8 Issue.

Second- They will Rule that Section 3 of DOMA is unconstitutional for the same reasons as the lower court ruling- The Federal Government Lack's the enumerated power to define or regulate marriage- thus this power lies with the States to define and choose on their own. This will serve a dual purpose:
1) It will prevent the Federal Government from limiting, removing, or denying equal rights to homosexual couples whom are legally married by a State which allows such unions. They will be required to treat them exactly the same in regards to all regulations, benefits, and tax laws.
2) It will leave the States free to decide on their own what constitutes a marriage within their own boarders, as it should be based on the 9th and 10th Amendments of the Constitution. Now I really don't think it's going to be long before all State legalize same sex marriage, public opinion is moving in that direction, and most people really don't care. But based on our founding as a republic and union of individual sovereign State's, it is up to each to decide.

Now you may not like that, and that may not even be the way the SCOTUS rules, as just like the entire Federal Government they are in a power grab, and if they can find a way to give the Federal Government purview over the regulation and control of marriage they most certainly will. But you should ask yourself, is the the "freedom" you are looking for?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. And if you had any integrity, you would not have edited out this part of my post:
I edited out the part of your post that was irrelevant, I damn near had to delete the whole thing!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pro-choice.:)
Too bad your parents weren't huh?
Bernard

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Peer reviewed studies have concluded the typical male queer consumes 22.46 lbs of fecal matter on an annual basis.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad your parents weren't huh?
They were.
They chose to have me.

Too bad the attempt to abort you didn't succeed, and just left you seriously brain damaged.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Bernard wrote:
Peer reviewed studies have concluded the typical male queer consumes 22.46 lbs of fecal matter on an annual basis.
Peer reviewed studies have concluded Bernard (who also posts under several other aliases) posts 22.46 lbs of fecal matter on a daily basis.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I edited out the part of your post that was irrelevant, I damn near had to delete the whole thing!!!
You have no integrity, and no point to make.
LOLSER!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
They were.
They chose to have me.
Too bad the attempt to abort you didn't succeed, and just left you seriously brain damaged.
Oh Rose, still living on the playground I see.

Do you have anything intelligent to say- EVER?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no integrity, and no point to make.
LOLSER!
I will worry about it when you find some integrity Rose.

BTW, are you still confused as to why I presented quotes from the founders regarding their position on slavery when you asked about their feeling on the overturn of Loving v Virginia and the end of slavery?

Or are you still claiming that you said something about the 14th Amendment in your rant?
FoolsParade

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

You can find George Ogden at the city of West Covian as a commissioner and at sgvexaminer.com

Besure to get a look at Sterve Hrfert the racist fool who with Mike Touhey and George Ogden have harrased minorities in West Covian, California.

http://www.westcovina.org/cityhall/council/ma ...

Feb. 05, 2013 during a West Covian city council meetng.

Since: Nov 11

Fukushima

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand how evil this type of thing is? How your blind pursuit of justifying homosexual behavior has darkened and perverted your thinking and spirit in every way?
Do you understand? Heck, I have seen you on other threads trashing gays, advancing your false religion. How much time do you spend here doing that? And then you call others darkened and perverted?

Look in the mirror.

Fukushima

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
She has a lot more integrity than you do.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Smells like religious bigotry to me, and cumming from someone who claims to treat prople equally. Slurp!
well said, big d is only here to show us his hate for anyone that believes in a higher power, but then spits his equality rants about others.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I have plenty of integrity. Remember, you are the one who edited my post to try to make it seem like I didn't know something.
akpilot wrote:
BTW, are you still confused as to why I presented quotes from the founders regarding their position on slavery when you asked about their feeling on the overturn of Loving v Virginia and the end of slavery?
Again, you lie. I never said anything about their feelings on the end of slavery. It's easy to show how dishonest you are!
akpilot wrote:
Or are you still claiming that you said something about the 14th Amendment in your rant?

Yeah, stupid, when I mention Loving v VA, I'm saying something about the 14th Amendment. Study the case:
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/histori...
"This case presents a constitutional question never addressed by this Court: whether a statutory scheme adopted by the State of Virginia to prevent marriages between persons solely on the basis of racial classifications violates the Equal Protection and Due Process Clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment."

Grow a pair, admit you made a mistake.
Your continued dishonesty just makes you look...dishonest.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Tzunammi wrote:
<quoted text>
She has a lot more integrity than you do.
Like Rose, you make meaningless statements with no substantiating evidence to back it up.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Tzunammi wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand? Heck, I have seen you on other threads trashing gays, advancing your false religion. How much time do you spend here doing that? And then you call others darkened and perverted?
Look in the mirror.
You've seen no such thing.

Moreover you defend what you falsely judge.

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

Again, you lie. I never said anything about their feelings on the end of slavery. It's easy to show how dishonest you are!
Do I really need to post a link for you again?

Your entire post was a rant about slavery, woman's right to vote, and Loving v Virginia, culminating in you asking how the founders would feel about the decision.

Why don't you just admit you are out of gas. But the good news is you are still full of sh%%.

Fukushima

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You've seen no such thing.
Yes I have.
Moreover you defend what you falsely judge.
Smirk.
No I don't.

Fukushima

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Rose, you make meaningless statements with no substantiating evidence to back it up.
What a whiner you are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Tzunammi wrote:
<quoted text>
What a whiner you are.
Your spelling isn't very good. You spell it- winner.

But I'll give you a C for effort.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Oakdale Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Oakdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••