Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
157,021 - 157,040 of 200,590 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#179998 Feb 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it existed before.
Did you read the word 'epidemic' in the HP article. How intelligent is it to INCREASE the risk of heterosexual and ADD homosexual.
The powerful influence of mating behavior, or defective mating behavior in the case of homosexuals is exactly why historically the military has avoided such situations.
Clearly, more than your sexuality is broken...
Smile.
If you check the sources, you will find most are rooted in a Homophobic historian who has been discredited by his peers and even other heterosexuals.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#179999 Feb 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, only when it is related to research related to their own orientation. A clear conflict of interest that has proven to be biased.
Another example would be two lesbian researchers doing research on lesbian family studies. We all know where that led...
Smile.
Humm, if a heterosexual then does reaserach on hetersexuals, its a clear conflict of interest that has proven to be biased.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#180000 Feb 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it existed before.
Did you read the word 'epidemic' in the HP article. How intelligent is it to INCREASE the risk of heterosexual and ADD homosexual.
The powerful influence of mating behavior, or defective mating behavior in the case of homosexuals is exactly why historically the military has avoided such situations.
Clearly, more than your sexuality is broken...
Smile.
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you check the sources, you will find most are rooted in a Homophobic historian who has been discredited by his peers and even other heterosexuals.
Did you deliberately confuse issues?

I understand why, you are losing your ass.

Smirk.
Time

Drakes Branch, VA

#180001 Feb 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
......
Did you deliberately confuse issues?
I understand why, you are losing your ass.
Smirk.
After reading many of your posts, I have not seen a single logical argument against extending the same protections to gay couples that are extended to married straight couples.

Do you have any?

Remember, the key word is logical.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#180002 Feb 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, only when it is related to research related to their own orientation. A clear conflict of interest that has proven to be biased.
Another example would be two lesbian researchers doing research on lesbian family studies. We all know where that led...
Smile.
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Humm, if a heterosexual then does reaserach on hetersexuals, its a clear conflict of interest that has proven to be biased.
I didn't base the criticism on my opinion or the orientation.

In the case of Boswell, other historians discredited his work, which exposed his gay bias.

In the case of lesbian family studies, again, the methodology was extremely unscientific. So much so that even an article in Slate magazine noted the poor quality. In the most notable case, the lesbian researchers made the claim that lesbian couples made better parents than natural parents. It is why I require any family studies to include the methodology.

The question I never get answered is this; Why is this deception necessary for a legitimate cause??? Or, why is the denial of basic anatomy, evolution and scientific facts necessary to justify a legitimate cause???

Maybe you have a real answer?

Smile.
Changes

Monrovia, CA

#180003 Feb 16, 2013
Looks as if you all better enjoy it.
Time

Drakes Branch, VA

#180004 Feb 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, only when it is related to research related to their own orientation. A clear conflict of interest that has proven to be biased.
Another example would be two lesbian researchers doing research on lesbian family studies. We all know where that led...
Smile.
As long as a study and it's results was thoroughly peer-reviewed, why would it matter who conducted the study?

When studying what criteria is used in a study, and examining the final outcome, it's not hard to figure out if that study was correct or not.

That's why there IS a peer-review process.

For instance the Regnerus study failed on many points. Can you show where the study you mention failed?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#180005 Feb 16, 2013
Time wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as a study and it's results was thoroughly peer-reviewed, why would it matter who conducted the study?
When studying what criteria is used in a study, and examining the final outcome, it's not hard to figure out if that study was correct or not.
That's why there IS a peer-review process.
For instance the Regnerus study failed on many points. Can you show where the study you mention failed?
The Regnerus study was challenged and found to be the largest, most scientific study to date.

The study I noted was disqualified by peer review, not just for a small and selective study group with no comparisons, but with extremely dubious information collecting methods.

Here is a challenge; Find me a study that lists it's study methods and challenges the Regnerus findings.

Smile.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#180006 Feb 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly equal to urinals and tampon dispensers... By the way, have you ever seen one used in the men's room (for babies).
Basically, you are defending brainless equality. Think about it...
Smile.
He's rushing to the defense of his hero the great Rose_NoHo!

Even if she says something very stupid, JizzyBird will defend it. Being that he is so stupid himself.
Time

Drakes Branch, VA

#180007 Feb 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The Regnerus study was challenged and found to be the largest, most scientific study to date.
T.......
I don't think you actually read the "challenges".

Again, opinion is not the same as fact, and smiling in condescension doesn't make it look any better.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#180008 Feb 16, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Can you say Unisex bathrooms? Its my guess that you would not use one. A woman might discover your umm, shortcomings?
Happens to you, eh?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#180009 Feb 16, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I see making off color remaks about a persons sexuality,whom you have never met is funny . Do you also enjoy sticking a firecracker up a frogs ass and the lighting the fuse funny? Tell me Frankie what else do you consider funny?
Does anyone know a good siding contractor? By good, I mean good skills, not a good ass!

The last thing I want is some guy like Jizzybird58 coming over my house and flashing me hairy sweaty man-butt!
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#180010 Feb 16, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
Frankie RIzzo
Union City, CA
The topic is marriage, not ad hominem insults.
Frankie RIzzo
Union City, CA
Reply »
Jazybird will never understand what you are saying, don't bother trying. He's "stuck on stupid"!
Frankie RIzzo
Union City, CA
No, I was in the Navy. That jackass Big D was a coastie. That's the only thing he's got going for him.
Frankie RIzzo
Union City, CA
Great argument fruitcake! Even dopier ad homonym than Mona Lott. But that's all you've got, so you go with it, I understand.
Hey Frankie, can you just see the Hypocracy, in your posts?
You see, Fruitcake, every time I try and discuss marriage, iceholes like you get upset and start with the dumb ad hominem.

So I join in! What else can I do when I'm being shouted down with stupidity by stupid people? Drop down to your level. It's the only thing you understand.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#180011 Feb 16, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you check the sources, you will find most are rooted in a Homophobic historian who has been discredited by his peers and even other heterosexuals.
Weak.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#180012 Feb 16, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
Frankie RIzzo
Union City, CA
Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#294 4 min ago
Straight Sh00ter wrote:
Jade had a job once. He spent 40 hours a week on his knees polishing knobs and marlinspike. This was back when he was Old Boring Gay's cabin boi.
"I heard he always kept the poopdecks swabbed too. "
Spin it Baby, work it. Freakin homophobe
You mean stuff like saying you did my wife up the "azz"?
FRAKLIN MINDTY

Sonoma, CA

#180013 Feb 16, 2013
We just got to down to basics; who is gone to make money out of this here prospect? Why everybody! That is god's law....he says change makes rage and now we got all kinds of super expensive solutions to nickel and dime problems so this thing will make us all rich if we have all the gays marry all them lesbians and sell em all arms and make em buy retirement packages and health insurance and then we can all have new cars and dogs. Join the fear of the month project and JOIN US IN THE TEAPOTTY. TEAPARTY.
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

#180014 Feb 16, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
This from a person amazed when the light in side the fridge turns off and on when the door is closed and reopened.
Lame, but you have nothing else but juvenile insults.
Changes

Monrovia, CA

#180015 Feb 16, 2013
I thought they were told, must not understand nor can they read either.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#180016 Feb 16, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted tei xt>
Lame, but you have nothing else but juvenile insults.
Do u expect adult insults with the moniker you've chosen?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#180017 Feb 16, 2013
Time wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you actually read the "challenges".
Again, opinion is not the same as fact, and smiling in condescension doesn't make it look any better.
I did. It was made by a gay blogger.

I also read the hissy fit articles that preceded the review.

Did you read the peer review?

SMirk smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 34 min Go aways 5,004
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr lazy posts 15,963
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
Judge John D. Freeland is wrong! (Dec '13) Thu Kes 8
Family Wed Baby Girl 1
I am a multi millionaire (Aug '13) Aug 27 KeS 11
Fraud claims coming to court (Jun '07) Aug 26 KeS 2
•••
•••

Oakdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Oakdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oakdale
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••