Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,791)

Showing posts 155,801 - 155,820 of200,312
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
What hate...
This hate: "Immoral religious degenerates"
Black momma OG

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Hey it is black history month so I get to slap a white peron first my cracker husband (smile) but he will just enjoy it Hey frank why is your cousin police officer Willie shooting up people(smile)
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
This hate: "Immoral religious degenerates"
Yeah, people that force children to have sex with older men, the ones in the news you see all the time, and anyone that disagrees that they are Religious immoral degenerates is also an immoral degenerate.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays can't love. I take it you've never been in love yourself considering you think they can and have, or confuse them for love.
You really are stupid

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay marriage disables people from reproduction. So the survival of the fittest wouldn't even work without it.
HEY stupid, reproduction is not a requirement in marriage.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? People who marry tend to have kids, although many gays tend to accept their marriages without having kids, rather than having children. If gay marriage isn't allowed, they will be made to have sex with women to have children.
You really are stupid

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Too wordy.
Really?

“Get it right”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Only if you are dismissive of the unrefuted answers.
2. So defensive (and avoiding the issue...)! The difference is between asking "do you think" (a question) and stating "why do you think" (an assertion). You lied. Like I said, why are these childish word games necessary for a legitimate cause?
Huh? What is your question again?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
...3. Of course lots of gays have procreated. That's not what I said and you know it. Another act of deception. I said gay couples.
Not one single gay couple in ALL of human history has ever procreated....
That is unture.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
...The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;
A apple tree bearing fruit.
A apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
A walnut tree who never bears apples wanting to be a apple tree.
A walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!....
Why do you contend marraige has anything to do with offspring? It doesn't. Having children and getting married are two independent events!
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
4. You make a simpleton blunder by confusing 'blunder' and 'defect' with 'mutation'. Evolution thrives on mutation. However, a mutation that cannot perpetuate itself is a blunder/defect.
Remember when I schooled you about the fundamental goal of evolution (VIST)?
I = Inheritance: Genetic traits are inherited from parents and are passed on to offspring.
S = Selection: Organisms with traits that are favorable to their survival get to live and pass on their genes to the next generation.
It seems to me your post picture should be a buff ego with no head...
Snicker.
Now tell me who's playing word games, really?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
.... Snicker.
Of course your smile is gone now as it should be!
Reality2013

Yucca Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Once again we have activist judges making up their own absurd interpretation to ignore the will of the people. The ban did not violate anyone's right it just protected the ability of straight couples to differentiate their marriage from non-traditional unions. Marriage doesn't mean much anymore as it is.It was originally very religious and now is very legal. It used to be a contract you did not break for every little problem you have in a marriage. The Gay community can now be as unhappy and join the high divorce rate.
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Reality2013 wrote:
Once again we have activist judges making up their own absurd interpretation to ignore the will of the people. The ban did not violate anyone's right it just protected the ability of straight couples to differentiate their marriage from non-traditional unions. Marriage doesn't mean much anymore as it is.It was originally very religious and now is very legal. It used to be a contract you did not break for every little problem you have in a marriage. The Gay community can now be as unhappy and join the high divorce rate.
Um, hellooooooooooooooo.... Prop 8 took away the right that gay couples had to marry. How can you say it didn't violate anyone's rights?

Marriage was NOT originally very religious. It's always been a legal contract.

“Get it right”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
1. Which makes the gay (pun intended) claim that not having access to marriage stops love.
Love is. Marriage is different.
KiMare wrote:
...2. Of course rights are innate. However, certain rights are unique to select people/groups. You avoid answering the assertion; Why discriminate with only gays relationships instead of all relationships?
Why indeed?! You must be confused. Denying the basic human right of marriage to gay couples is the DISCRIMIANTION (duh!) that shouldn't be there.
KiMare wrote:
...3. You don't need marriage to acquire any legitimate rights due a gay couple.
"Legitimate right" ...What is an IL-legitimate right by the way?
KiMare wrote:
...4. Another simpleton response... Using a classic analogy, Marriage is the union of Mars and Venus, Gay couples are the collision of Uranus and Uranus.
Well, not sure quite what to make of this....
KiMare wrote:
5. You are not just culturally insensitive, you are culturally stupid. All major religions hold marriage sacred. Calling gay couples married is a sacrilege.
Slavery and intellectual repression have been rejected over and over through history. Gay couples being designated married has never been accepted or legal in any culture from start to finish in all of human history. Simply because they are viewed as a defective distinct relationship.
Marriage liscenses are government issued and have nothing to do with religious choice or affiliation. So why does your or my or anyone else's religious thoughts matter even one iota?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage liscenses are government issued and have nothing to do with religious choice or affiliation. So why does your or my or anyone else's religious thoughts matter even one iota?
Exactly!

“Get it right”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that a threat?
A wannabe tough guy on the internet, you name it, hahaha!
Likewise I'm sure.

“Get it right”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
People would accept getting married to same sex partners if gay marriage is allowed, and accept not having children "as a part of life" and will usually hook up to their same sex "spouse". If it is not allowed then they won't stick to their same sex partner.
How many married gay couples are you friends with? Have you offered this theory to them for their thoughts?
They thinking

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Oh look, another out of towner poster trying to think?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He said: "So why does your or my or anyone else's religious thoughts matter even one iota?"
That includes your religious thoughts too dummy.
They donít matter :)

Simply not important at all.

I just enjoy reminding them of that fact
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen jackass. Of course when I talk of marriage equity I am not talking about for child molesters or degenerates no matter their preference in marriage or religion.
Some homosexuals have forced children to have sex with them too. Does that mean we shouldn't allow same sex marriage?
You're a bigot and a hypocrite.
No one gives a crap about your obsession, nothing currently in the courts is going to change anything about your obsession, and it has no bearing whatsoever about this topic.:)

You can cry and whine and scream and make every comparison you want, and it isnít worth a piece of crap.:)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You are illogical, no use for you. It will become a prison regulation only if it happens nationally, gay marriage isn't national yet.
Look dum dum, Brian_G was bleating on about the consequences of gay marriage for prisons. I asked him to provide evidence for forced marriages in prisons. He used Canada as an example.

Same sex marriage has been recognised, nationally, in Canada for the last 7 or 8 years.

In the last 7 or 8 years Canada's prisons have seen three, count 'em, three, same sex marriages. No outbreak of forced same sex marriages and the Canadian police haven't created laws about any of the gibberish you have mentioned.

You keep up the idiocy though. We'd be surprised if you didn't continue making dumb comments.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays are narcissists. They would get angry at anyone who sees them.
Gay people get angry if you see them? Now that is funny. How hard did you get hit on the noggin?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Look dum dum, Brian_G was bleating on about the consequences of gay marriage for prisons. I asked him to provide evidence for forced marriages in prisons. He used Canada as an example.
Same sex marriage has been recognised, nationally, in Canada for the last 7 or 8 years.
In the last 7 or 8 years Canada's prisons have seen three, count 'em, three, same sex marriages. No outbreak of forced same sex marriages and the Canadian police haven't created laws about any of the gibberish you have mentioned.
You keep up the idiocy though. We'd be surprised if you didn't continue making dumb comments.
You are confusing the issue with facts

They donít care about facts ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 155,801 - 155,820 of200,312
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Oakdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••