Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#178656 Feb 7, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
but we are both male and female. what union or we designed for?
Plumber's union.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#178657 Feb 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The real arguments include the probable consequences of introducing gender segregation to marriage.
LIke forced marriages in prison? Yeah, we've already seen just how many of those have occured in Canada. Perhaps you need to rethink, with some intelligence for a change, what those probable consequences might be before banging on about them.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178658 Feb 7, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
This argument, RIGHT HERE, sounds an awful lot like the one used to benefit the gays:
"The Browns present a strong argument that what they do in their home is their business. And the more they argue for privacy and rights to marry whomever they choose, the more it morphs into a parallel argument in favor of same-sex marriage. In fact, if Turley is right when he says that, in this marriage debate, we are truly concerned with liberty and protections for “private relations among consenting adults,” then the number should not matter any more than sex."
...doesn't it ? In fact, if we delete a couple of words..."then the number should not matter any more than sex.", then it is a carbon copy. As is proper. As Frank and I have been saying.
Smile. You're the guest star of "Ooops, Guess I F**ked Up Again"....Played nightly on Topix.
Oh no, I am on the right side of history, same sex marriage is legal now, in a growing number of states and countries.

You can cry and whine and pine for the "good old days" all you want, but it isn’t going to do you any good, same sex marriage will continue to become legal in more and more states

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#178659 Feb 7, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>i agree and just like the boy scouts, it will be a matter of time when Churches will be sued that refuse a homosexual marriage.
1) the boy scouts are a club somewhat, open for all boys to join, unless of course if you are gay.

2) Who said you have to be married in a church? BTW there are a few churches that will preform a traditional marriage ceremony.
DorN

La Puente, CA

#178660 Feb 7, 2013
The topic of this blog is:“Judge overturns ban on same sex marriage in California.”
Everything else is off topic.
Of course homosexuals should have equal rights to legal marriage.
Everything else is off topic. I have seen both homosexual and heterosexuals display lust, and I have seem both homosexuals and heterosexuals display love. Only a couple should decide if they are in love and want to have the legal right to be married.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178661 Feb 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Those are you arguments against polygamy. They're stupid.
Not one of those arguments were against it, just pointing out some facts. I am not against it, I just dont care, as I know nothing is going to happen with it for a long long time.

Immoral religious degenerates have made absolutely certain of that.

If you think otherwise then build your case, put it on a ballot, have a vote, send it to the Supreme Court, but don’t be asking me for a donation because I could not care less. I already know the outcome of your efforts.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178662 Feb 7, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>i agree and just like the boy scouts, it will be a matter of time when Churches will be sued that refuse a homosexual marriage.
Wrong, a church is a private little club, they can refuse to marry people with blue eyes, they can refuse to marry someone because they are a republican.

This is not about some church or other, this is about legal marriage, which requires no church at all, no mention of any "holy books" or beliefs and can take place in your kitchen if you want it to with someone with the right paperwork and authorized by the state to do so.( I know, I have been to one of those )

Also, who is defending the rights of churches that WANT to preform same sex marriages and are being denied the right to do so? There are tens of thousands of those as well.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178663 Feb 7, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one of those arguments were against it, just pointing out some facts. I am not against it, I just dont care, as I know nothing is going to happen with it for a long long time.
Immoral religious degenerates have made absolutely certain of that.
If you think otherwise then build your case, put it on a ballot, have a vote, send it to the Supreme Court, but don’t be asking me for a donation because I could not care less. I already know the outcome of your efforts.
Wow! Imagine if someone posted similar hate, ignorance and bigotry against gay marriage.
BlueAlert

Monrovia, CA

#178664 Feb 7, 2013
The shoe is on the other foot,now the hunter's have become the hunted?
Nay Nay

Corona, CA

#178665 Feb 7, 2013
But it's completely acceptable to violate the constitution and mandate government healthcare.
I see how this works...
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178666 Feb 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Imagine if someone posted similar hate, ignorance and bigotry against gay marriage.
What hate, I am explaining that any church can decide not to marry anyone for any reason they want, no matter how silly the reason, as their rules only apply to their little church.

I am defending a churches right to specifically deny doing a marriage regardless of the legality of same sex marriage.

learn to read
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

#178667 Feb 7, 2013
Nay Nay wrote:
But it's completely acceptable to violate the constitution and mandate government healthcare.
I see how this works...
Government healthcare? What have you got against Medicare?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178668 Feb 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry wrong post I replied to

are you complaining about my hatred of Immoral religious child molesters?

Too bad
WW they thinking

Monrovia, CA

#178669 Feb 7, 2013
A police officer has been demoted for sending sexually-explicit video to her boyfriend.

Lopez herself is now reportedly considering a lawsuit against the city.

Her lawyer explained that her case would be based on "constitutional issues over lawful off-duty behavior and violation of privacy."
WWJD

Fullerton, CA

#178670 Feb 7, 2013
Smoke out
WWJD

Los Angeles, CA

#178671 Feb 7, 2013
Thank you Jesus
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178672 Feb 7, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry wrong post I replied to
are you complaining about my hatred of Immoral religious child molesters?
Too bad
No I am pointing out bigotry and ignorance in condemning a whole group due to the actions of a few.

There are some bad homosexuals too. Does that mean we should label all homosexuals bad? Of course not. But that is exactly what you are doing with polygamists.

Hope that helps.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178673 Feb 7, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
What hate...
This hate: "Immoral religious degenerates"
Black momma OG

Norwalk, CA

#178674 Feb 7, 2013
Hey it is black history month so I get to slap a white peron first my cracker husband (smile) but he will just enjoy it Hey frank why is your cousin police officer Willie shooting up people(smile)
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178676 Feb 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
This hate: "Immoral religious degenerates"
Yeah, people that force children to have sex with older men, the ones in the news you see all the time, and anyone that disagrees that they are Religious immoral degenerates is also an immoral degenerate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Available for dating Bachelorette (Dec '13) Dec 20 KeS 2
New OAKDALE Fema Concentration camps being buil... (Nov '08) Dec 18 classified1234 12
Review: A & A Temporary Fencing (Jun '14) Dec 18 Matt Dalek 2
Obamaa s Action on Immigration Praised in Modesto Dec 3 stell88 1
1980's Restaurant; Rax or Arbies? (Jul '06) Nov '14 xsturgeonx 3
Turlock candidate has long history in Stanislau... (Oct '06) Nov '14 Joe 6
Walmart in Oakdale? (Aug '07) Nov '14 Riverbank resident 13
Oakdale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oakdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oakdale