Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201809 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#176630 Jan 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does everything you post NEVER have any substance at all?
Why are your posts NEVER about Prop 8, but are always just dumb ad hominem and whining and complaining about me?
Do you think the same rights that monogamists enjoy should be extended to polygamists?
P.S. Since my posts bother you so much and since you never will discuss them or anything near the topic, why don't you just ignore me?
(But please don't! You're fun!) YUK!YUK!YUK!
Since my posts seem to ask questions you are incapable of answering, why don't you just ignore me?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#176631 Jan 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No the topic is prop 8 being overturned that has nothing whatsoever to do with Poly marriage.:)
The topic is also not impeachment that you keep harping on
I donít care if you stay on topic or not, I just find it hilarious that you who are the worst offender tells others to.
While very amusing to me, your little hissy fits with are boring to everyone else. Try and relax! It's just a silly Topix forum.

Marriage is a perfectly on topic subject to be discussing here. Your little hissy fits aren't. But they're funny! Carry on.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#176632 Jan 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He says again, off topic himself. What a dummy!
The topic is marriage, not your little hissy fit about me jackass.
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#176634 Jan 22, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since my posts seem to ask questions you are incapable of answering, why don't you just ignore me?
Because it's fun to make you mad! You get so silly.

But mostly because you are a hypocrite advocating marriage be allowed to only groups you approve of and no others.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#176635 Jan 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
While very amusing to me, your little hissy fits with are boring to everyone else. Try and relax! It's just a silly Topix forum.
Marriage is a perfectly on topic subject to be discussing here. Your little hissy fits aren't. But they're funny! Carry on.
You seem to think a number of other things are as well, making a fool of you is easy, and fun.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#176636 Jan 22, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage
You mean... a judge didnít overturn anything on poly marriage... we had best let Mike know that.:D

I love the whole bait and switch tactic that opponents of same sex marriage use, and I am glad Mike has finally exposed himself as one. It isnt natural for him to be honest about anything.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#176637 Jan 22, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage
Try a relax, Fruitloops!

What, there's so much on topic discussion going on here you don't want to limit bandwidth? Or you're just mad at me? YUK!YUK!YUK!

I think the judge's decision bodes well for polygamy.

What do you think? Please try and control yourself and stay on topic!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#176638 Jan 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to think a number of other things are as well, making a fool of you is easy, and fun.
Too funny!! Why you so mad bro?

P.S. The topic is the judge.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#176639 Jan 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to think a number of other things are as well, making a fool of you is easy, and fun.
I have a sense of humor. So does Jesus! But not you.

You're not having fun. You're angry.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#176640 Jan 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean... a judge didnít overturn anything on poly marriage... we had best let Mike know that.:D
I love the whole bait and switch tactic that opponents of same sex marriage use, and I am glad Mike has finally exposed himself as one. It isnt natural for him to be honest about anything.
Wrong. I support your right to marry your boyfriend. And Jane's too! I love a gay wedding! Just not yours.

Well, that's settled. So why do you support monogamy but not polygamy? Do you think the judge would make the same decision if it involved polygamy?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#176641 Jan 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Try a relax, Fruitloops!
What, there's so much on topic discussion going on here you don't want to limit bandwidth? Or you're just mad at me? YUK!YUK!YUK!
I think the judge's decision bodes well for polygamy.
What do you think? Please try and control yourself and stay on topic!
I donít really care about Poly marriage, it might bode well for it, time will tell. We will cross that bridge when we get to it.

that isnít the issue of course, or even the topic, the issue is same-sex marriage.

Which is now in the highest court, the real question is.. Will they come back supporting the overturn of Prop 8 in a narrow way... affecting California only, or in a broader way, affecting the entire nation.

I suspect the narrow way, as that is the safer route, but hope for the broader way.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#176642 Jan 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean... a judge didnít overturn anything on poly marriage... we had best let Mike know that.:D
I love the whole bait and switch tactic that opponents of same sex marriage use, and I am glad Mike has finally exposed himself as one. It isnt natural for him to be honest about anything.
Tsk tsk Big D's fibbing again!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#176643 Jan 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a sense of humor. So does Jesus! But not you.
You're not having fun. You're angry.
Wrong again I am having a blast, the worst offender on the boards telling others to stay on topic... hilarious, and the best part is everyone can see it.
Castro

Monrovia, CA

#176644 Jan 22, 2013
Piers Morgan is an idiot, ship his sorry as s back to his mother island.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#176645 Jan 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. I support your right to marry your boyfriend. And Jane's too! I love a gay wedding! Just not yours.
Well, that's settled. So why do you support monogamy but not polygamy? Do you think the judge would make the same decision if it involved polygamy?
I am already married, I donít happen to be gay, but as an American patriot I am for justice and so support the idea of same sex marriages

I donít really care about Poly marriage, have not put a lot of thought into it, and really donít need to right now, we can cross that bridge when we come to it. Not of any real interest to me, and not any serious legal action on that one right now.

But same sex marriage there is a lot of activity

I donít believe your support of gay marriage, because you would not be doing the standard bait and switch that the opponents of gay marriage use as a standard tactic.

You lie so easily and so often, I am not about to just believe whatever you say you are for or against. You have been defending the opponents of same sex marriages on this forum for weeks now, and bashing every supporter of it, I think that is more telling than what you say you support.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#176646 Jan 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk tsk Big D's fibbing again!
Wrong dipstick, he is verry much correct. You are here simply to deflect the topic at hand by using what you think is an equal issue. The cold hard reality is this, I have yet to see 2-3 percent of the population requset incest marriage or multiple partner marriage. Your tatic is plain as the nose on your face, we all see it. Now be a good lil asshat and go play on the freeway
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#176647 Jan 22, 2013
We can thank the subversive decadent behavior that America has been sanctioning through technology and follyhood for decades. Homosexuals like to point out the failures of other human beings to rationalize their own perverted, unhealthy, unnatural behavior that is no way to go through life.
Thanks to our greedy, sick, and perverted polititians, ss parenting has now become a reality here in the state of Assachewsetts. The same state that has had a pedo problem and an incest problem for decades. But gay parenting is the greatest mistake made yet. To think that two men, gay or straight should qualify as parenting is preposterous. All children should be afforded the basic human rights of a female mother and male father to ensure proper balance and structure within any household.
All children should also be provided with a female mother as well to ensure nurturing and compassion that only a 'female' mother can provide in the childs most indelible years of their lives. But because of money, votes, and political correctness, common sense is always abrogated.
When a state per order of the court places any child into another home because of extraordinary circumstances or 'failure' of the previous parents, why on earth punish the child even further by placing them into such a confusing unnatural environment that is homosexuality. That's just it, if common sense did prevail and this argument was championed, because it should be, the entire gay anything dominoes falls down the halls of injustice.
So as usual, we will learn the hard way. Just like the time homosexuality was considered a mental illness in the early 70's that on the surface at least would appear has contibuted to the further subversion of America and the "real war on life and women" by DEMOCRATS. So here we are, morally, physically, spiritually, and financially broken for many reasons and this is one of them. Go ask Barney how Freddy and Fanny are doin. Or Bubba Clinton, and now one of the worst Presidents in history.
When one cannot honor their own father and mother or be trusted by their own spouse how are we to trust them as representing we the people. Because they no longer do.

I support an end to the federal reserve bank and to abolish the tax code and choke off this cancer that is the United States of Israelity.

Goodbye Rome
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#176648 Jan 22, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since my posts seem to ask questions you are incapable of answering, why don't you just ignore me?
Your posts don't ask questions that I am incapable of answering. But lets get on topic.

I think overturning prop 8 bodes well for polygamy. Don't you agree?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#176650 Jan 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's fun to make you mad! You get so silly.
But mostly because you are a hypocrite advocating marriage be allowed to only groups you approve of and no others.
Really? And where did I say that? When are you going to learn to understand what you read and stop ASSuming?

FYI... you don't have the power to "make me mad."
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#176651 Jan 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Do you think the judge would make the same decision if it involved polygamy?
It would depend upon the testimony given, now wouldn't it? Was there ANY testimony given about polygamous relationships?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mrs moller 15 hr proud mother 3
Legalize COCKFIGHTING in AGRI ZONINGS to fund p... (Feb '13) May 18 Un agenda 21 and ... 11
Review: Massage By Karin (at Embody Day Spa) May 18 jjberri 1
Review: Wiegand Cort V Attorney At Law May 14 Walmart 1
Azenth Castillo she will try to take your man k... (Jul '13) May 12 friend 6
News Suspect in fatal Oakdale shooting dies in Stani... (Jan '13) May 10 Hard knox 22
News Ryan Neal Mazzariello, 25, of Oakdale suspected... (Nov '12) May 5 Emily 48
More from around the web

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]