Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,197

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#175379 Jan 16, 2013
Black momma wrote:
<quoted text> Stick and stones you remind me of a little rat in a maze to be alone looking for a piece of cheese
Sticks and stones? One hopes you get in an abusive relationship when you grow up to get you to not be so cocky.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#175380 Jan 16, 2013
Black Daughter can't even spell. Quite lazy. Says a lot about her as an immigrant if she isn't even bothered to learn the english language properly.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#175381 Jan 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Marriage can hardly be dumbed down to a legal contract.
But, legally, that's what it is.
KiMare wrote:
2. SCOTUS has already addressed it. Many times over the years.
"We are dealing here with legislation which involves one of the basic civil rights of man. Marriage and procreation are fundamental to the very existence and survival of the race."- Skinner v Oklahoma
Skinner v OK wasn't a case about marriage. It was a case about using forced sterilization as a punishment for a crime. And, at the time, it was illegal in many states to have sex with someone you weren't married to. So, a right to procreate implied a right to marry. But, again, the case had nothing to do with marriage.
KiMare wrote:
"Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival."- Loving v Virginia
Yeah, marriage is a right.
Why are you against equal rights?
KiMare wrote:
"Our Court has not recognized a fundamental right to marry that departs in any respect from the right defined by the US Supreme Court in cases like Skinner which acknowledged that marriage is "fundamental to the very existence and survival of the [human] race" because it is the primary institution supporting procreation and child-rearing (316 US at 541; see also Zablocki, 434 US 374; Griswold, 381 US 479). The binary nature of marriage—its inclusion of one woman and one man—reflects the biological fact that human procreation cannot be accomplished without the genetic contribution of both a male and a female.Marriage creates a supportive environment for procreation to occur and the resulting offspring to be nurtured. Although plaintiffs suggest that the connection between procreation and marriage has become anachronistic because of scientific advances in assisted reproduction technology, the fact remains that the vast majority of children are conceived naturally through sexual contact between a woman and a man."- Hernandez v Robels
And? Allowing gay marriage won't stop people from getting married and reproducing.
KiMare wrote:
"It is an institution in the maintenance of which in its purity the public is deeply interested, for it is the foundation of the family and of society, without which there would be neither civilization nor progress. "- Maynard v Hill
Purity? LOL. MOST marriages end in divorce.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#175382 Jan 16, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows? What caused your divorce?
Anyway, MOST marriages end in divorce.
Men and women don't have equal rights under current laws. Why are you against equal rights?
<quoted text>
Who knows, you dumb b!tch? Again, MOST marriages end in divorce. Were you sued for custody?
You are the one making decisions based on feelings, your hatred of gay people.
My argument has nothing to do with feelings.
A man has the right to marry a woman, a woman should have that same right.
A woman has the right to marry a man, a man should have that same right.
End in divorce? What sort of people though? Promiscous probably.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#175383 Jan 16, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No cohesive thought patterns...merely random, stray thoughts, strung together.
Why did the gay man lick his buddies ass ? To get the taste of Chongo out of his mouth.
You are just so stupid, you can't understand what I'm saying.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#175386 Jan 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That would make marriage no different than a friendship.
The government has no prevailing interest in any way protecting or providing for selective friendships.
Yes it would, friendship isn't a legal contract.
You are dumb!
LOLSER!
Black momma

Norwalk, CA

#175387 Jan 16, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Restrain yourself you filthy little thing. How old are you? I think your just a teenager trying to play mommy. Too confident!
This is from my heart I am sorry for saying such mean things I have not walk in your shoes something must have happen in your life to make you feel bad this is not in my nature so please you feel good today about yourself today I mean it this is real ok so sorry even if you don't I mean it I do
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#175388 Jan 16, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just so stupid, you can't understand what I'm saying.
He doesn't really make sense.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#175390 Jan 16, 2013
Black momma wrote:
<quoted text> This is from my heart I am sorry for saying such mean things I have not walk in your shoes something must have happen in your life to make you feel bad this is not in my nature so please you feel good today about yourself today I mean it this is real ok so sorry even if you don't I mean it I do
OK, I do apologize if I jumped in a bit there, but why did you claim that about blacks ruling the USA? What was that about?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#175391 Jan 16, 2013
Black momma wrote:
<quoted text> This is from my heart I am sorry for saying such mean things I have not walk in your shoes something must have happen in your life to make you feel bad this is not in my nature so please you feel good today about yourself today I mean it this is real ok so sorry even if you don't I mean it I do
Don’t ever feel sorry for people that spend their time working to try and deny rights to other Americans, and how hope they are forever tortured.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#175392 Jan 16, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I do apologize if I jumped in a bit there, but why did you claim that about blacks ruling the USA? What was that about?
They have to blame someone, and they can only think in terms of race.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#175393 Jan 16, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Don’t ever feel sorry for people that spend their time working to try and deny rights to other Americans, and how hope they are forever tortured.
I doubt she was showing white people whites by harrassing them either. She is very kind isn't she, acting all soft and yet hurts people. Usually called being a two face *snort*
Big D

Modesto, CA

#175394 Jan 16, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt she was showing white people whites by harrassing them either. She is very kind isn't she, acting all soft and yet hurts people. Usually called being a two face *snort*
I don’t think in terms of white people and black people, I think in terms of Americans, none any better than others.

I let the ignorant think in those terms

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#175395 Jan 16, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Love men? Thats what feminists always say when they love teasing and destroying innocent young boys! And you never had a child? So you want a relationship all for yourself but never want children? What a selfish young women you are!
No, I don't have any kids. And young? LOL! I am, as they say, aged to perfection. My relationship isn't just all for me, it's for my bf as well.
As far as being selfish goes, I think Oscar Wilde said it best:
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#175396 Jan 16, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
He said he was 50. Anyway, how can it be relative? Its only relative to the age of the person percieving it. At 40 years old, around 70 would look old to him, how can he call himself old? His grammar isn't too good is it? He bigs himself up with his grammar!
And he knew it presumably, so he was obviously trying to make himself look like some sort of experienced gamer, and thinks we would actually care. Stop supporting such a dead beat and stick your head out of your ass.
"Anyway, how can it be relative?"
fllowed by:
"Its only relative to the age of the person percieving it."

the aboveand babblin''bout his grammar after you've puked out several mangled engrich gems, HI LARRY US!

you really are a brain surgeon aintcha?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#175397 Jan 16, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't have any kids. And young? LOL! I am, as they say, aged to perfection. My relationship isn't just all for me, it's for my bf as well.
As far as being selfish goes, I think Oscar Wilde said it best:
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Excellent quote!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#175398 Jan 16, 2013
Black momma wrote:
<quoted text> first of all lil bubba toy stop and put all your napkins in the trash kiss your five finger date hello and come out of your little Hobbit box you get dirty I get dirty it's ok just use some kind of a lube and buy that little five finger a rose or take it out to some nice diner and thanks for the calling Me a young woman we bitches have to stick together I like like like little bitches like you so take out those hot pants and platform shoes get ready to hit that track you saucy little thing I know with the right knee pads you will go far
laughing hurts too much right now, yer killin' me!
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#175399 Jan 16, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t think in terms of white people and black people, I think in terms of Americans, none any better than others.
I let the ignorant think in those terms
Don't see a problem with illegal alien invadors?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#175400 Jan 16, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
"Anyway, how can it be relative?"
fllowed by:
"Its only relative to the age of the person percieving it."
the aboveand babblin''bout his grammar after you've puked out several mangled engrich gems, HI LARRY US!
you really are a brain surgeon aintcha?
You are right

You can always tell when you have won an argument with a child, they won’t attack what you say, but how you say it. They won’t attack the context, but the grammar, or the spelling, or the tone or your person.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#175401 Jan 16, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't have any kids. And young? LOL! I am, as they say, aged to perfection. My relationship isn't just all for me, it's for my bf as well.
As far as being selfish goes, I think Oscar Wilde said it best:
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Its for your Bf as well? Self gratification? Do you care about who he is as a person? Why don't you want kids? Selfishness is being all about yourself, and not caring about others. Just like you and your self absorbed relationship. How old are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crook in Arnold Oct 23 Commander Bunny 3
OAKDALE (NWO) FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMP being bui... (Nov '08) Oct 20 Riverbank resident 105
Yucaipa City Council candidates answer questions Oct 8 Qeolersan 1
h*rny sky pe Oct 3 fallen10 1
Stanislaus county Embezzles hundred of thousand... (Nov '08) Oct 1 KeS 9
Fraud claims coming to court (Jun '07) Oct 1 KeS 3
Review: 5 Star Auto Sales Inc (Aug '10) Sep '14 motownx 6
Oakdale Dating
Find my Match

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oakdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oakdale

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]