Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
152,961 - 152,980 of 200,360 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Black momma wrote:
<quoted text>You are so lonely poor little thing you're sure you don't need some juice and crackers or maybe a coloring book
Can't even spell, or get your facts right? How hurtful!

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>On some people's list, religion is the number one reason to keep marriage between one man and one woman. On my list, religion is number 26.
Kant offered a way to decide if an act or policy is moral without using religion; ask 'What if everyone did it?'
That's stupid. What if everyone named their child "Brian"? What if everyone decided to live in NoHo? Or go to In-n-Out burger for lunch everyday?(Sometimes it seems that's the case.)
Brian_G wrote:
If making a policy or an act a universal law produces bad results then the policy or act is bad. If same sex marriage was universal it would mean an end to mankind or an end to monogamous marriage.
Reason 13 for keeping marriage male/female; Kant's Categorical Imperative.
And, stupid, allowing gay marriage is not the same as saying everybody has to get married to someone of the same sex. Also, people can, and do, reproduce without getting married.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Black momma wrote:
<quoted text> Go clean your shorts like a big boy thank you I feel dirty nasty I feel the taste of the road house whiskey and I like it
Restrain yourself you filthy little thing. How old are you? I think your just a teenager trying to play mommy. Too confident!
straight shooter

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have homosexuality confused with sterility.
you seem to a second mother confused with a father...
Black momma

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Hit me with your best shot I know I going off topic about prop 8 just for a second. Lip Lang you can not shame me sweety you try on those hot pants yet come on dude give it tons of shoulders be yourself I'll be discreet I promise this is Dr king dream we shall overcome someday Rollercoaster say what of love poor poor little thing 59 club WOW you can still play
Black momma

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't even spell, or get your facts right? How hurtful!
Stick and stones you remind me of a little rat in a maze to be alone looking for a piece of cheese

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've found most same sex marriage supporters don't like to think about this subject. They prefer to feel they are good people who sympathize with gays and want same sex marriage because it feels good to support equal 'rights'. The thing is; homosexuals have equal rights under the same laws as everyone else. Homosexuals have always married, Oscar Wilde and Meredith Baxter are two examples. What would happen to married homosexuals if same sex marriage becomes law? Would that change encourage them to divorce?
Who knows? What caused your divorce?
Anyway, MOST marriages end in divorce.

Men and women don't have equal rights under current laws. Why are you against equal rights?
Brian_G wrote:
Would they sue their spouse for custody and tell the court the child's mother is a single parent and they have a same sex marriage so they should have custody?[/QOUTE]

Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"

[QUOTE who="Brian_G"]
Would courts find in sympathy with a mascot victim group because they want to make up for past inequity?
Once you stop making decisions based on your feelings and think about the consequences of a policy, you stop being a liberal and become a conservative.
Who knows, you dumb b!tch? Again, MOST marriages end in divorce. Were you sued for custody?
You are the one making decisions based on feelings, your hatred of gay people.

My argument has nothing to do with feelings.
A man has the right to marry a woman, a woman should have that same right.
A woman has the right to marry a man, a man should have that same right.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Gay couples are a direct conflict and a absolute defect with the fundamental goal of evolution.
The closest gay unions can get to marriage is 'unmarriage'.
:-)
You call yourself a monster mutation. Do you think that makes you an absolute defect with the fundamental goal of evolution? Should you have been aborted? If not, why not?
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Black momma wrote:
Hit me with your best shot I know I going off topic about prop 8 just for a second. Lip Lang you can not shame me sweety you try on those hot pants yet come on dude give it tons of shoulders be yourself I'll be discreet I promise this is Dr king dream we shall overcome someday Rollercoaster say what of love poor poor little thing 59 club WOW you can still play
Be yourself? My heck. What you going on about now? Playing mother? Did you try this with your brothers in africa but it failed, kiddie?
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Black momma wrote:
<quoted text> Stick and stones you remind me of a little rat in a maze to be alone looking for a piece of cheese
Sticks and stones? One hopes you get in an abusive relationship when you grow up to get you to not be so cocky.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Black Daughter can't even spell. Quite lazy. Says a lot about her as an immigrant if she isn't even bothered to learn the english language properly.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Marriage can hardly be dumbed down to a legal contract.
But, legally, that's what it is.
KiMare wrote:
2. SCOTUS has already addressed it. Many times over the years.
"We are dealing here with legislation which involves one of the basic civil rights of man. Marriage and procreation are fundamental to the very existence and survival of the race."- Skinner v Oklahoma
Skinner v OK wasn't a case about marriage. It was a case about using forced sterilization as a punishment for a crime. And, at the time, it was illegal in many states to have sex with someone you weren't married to. So, a right to procreate implied a right to marry. But, again, the case had nothing to do with marriage.
KiMare wrote:
"Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival."- Loving v Virginia
Yeah, marriage is a right.
Why are you against equal rights?
KiMare wrote:
"Our Court has not recognized a fundamental right to marry that departs in any respect from the right defined by the US Supreme Court in cases like Skinner which acknowledged that marriage is "fundamental to the very existence and survival of the [human] race" because it is the primary institution supporting procreation and child-rearing (316 US at 541; see also Zablocki, 434 US 374; Griswold, 381 US 479). The binary nature of marriage—its inclusion of one woman and one man—reflects the biological fact that human procreation cannot be accomplished without the genetic contribution of both a male and a female.Marriage creates a supportive environment for procreation to occur and the resulting offspring to be nurtured. Although plaintiffs suggest that the connection between procreation and marriage has become anachronistic because of scientific advances in assisted reproduction technology, the fact remains that the vast majority of children are conceived naturally through sexual contact between a woman and a man."- Hernandez v Robels
And? Allowing gay marriage won't stop people from getting married and reproducing.
KiMare wrote:
"It is an institution in the maintenance of which in its purity the public is deeply interested, for it is the foundation of the family and of society, without which there would be neither civilization nor progress. "- Maynard v Hill
Purity? LOL. MOST marriages end in divorce.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows? What caused your divorce?
Anyway, MOST marriages end in divorce.
Men and women don't have equal rights under current laws. Why are you against equal rights?
<quoted text>
Who knows, you dumb b!tch? Again, MOST marriages end in divorce. Were you sued for custody?
You are the one making decisions based on feelings, your hatred of gay people.
My argument has nothing to do with feelings.
A man has the right to marry a woman, a woman should have that same right.
A woman has the right to marry a man, a man should have that same right.
End in divorce? What sort of people though? Promiscous probably.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No cohesive thought patterns...merely random, stray thoughts, strung together.
Why did the gay man lick his buddies ass ? To get the taste of Chongo out of his mouth.
You are just so stupid, you can't understand what I'm saying.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That would make marriage no different than a friendship.
The government has no prevailing interest in any way protecting or providing for selective friendships.
Yes it would, friendship isn't a legal contract.
You are dumb!
LOLSER!
Black momma

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Restrain yourself you filthy little thing. How old are you? I think your just a teenager trying to play mommy. Too confident!
This is from my heart I am sorry for saying such mean things I have not walk in your shoes something must have happen in your life to make you feel bad this is not in my nature so please you feel good today about yourself today I mean it this is real ok so sorry even if you don't I mean it I do
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just so stupid, you can't understand what I'm saying.
He doesn't really make sense.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Black momma wrote:
<quoted text> This is from my heart I am sorry for saying such mean things I have not walk in your shoes something must have happen in your life to make you feel bad this is not in my nature so please you feel good today about yourself today I mean it this is real ok so sorry even if you don't I mean it I do
OK, I do apologize if I jumped in a bit there, but why did you claim that about blacks ruling the USA? What was that about?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Black momma wrote:
<quoted text> This is from my heart I am sorry for saying such mean things I have not walk in your shoes something must have happen in your life to make you feel bad this is not in my nature so please you feel good today about yourself today I mean it this is real ok so sorry even if you don't I mean it I do
Don’t ever feel sorry for people that spend their time working to try and deny rights to other Americans, and how hope they are forever tortured.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I do apologize if I jumped in a bit there, but why did you claim that about blacks ruling the USA? What was that about?
They have to blame someone, and they can only think in terms of race.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oakdale Discussions

Search the Oakdale Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr Ban Central Station 4,895
Couple wants middle names to include 'Seamonster' 6 hr wichita-rick 6
Police: Naked intruder fell asleep in couple's bed 7 hr Ted Haggard s Gospel Rub 2
Walmart in Oakdale? (Aug '07) Jul 28 chris j 11
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 27 Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 27 Facts facts 15,927
•••
•••
•••
•••

Oakdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••