Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,150

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#175178 Jan 14, 2013
Here's another gay organization that defends marriage as one man and one woman:
http://www.homovox.com/
Horsert

Monrovia, CA

#175180 Jan 14, 2013
FrankO yo lost your decoder ring again.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#175182 Jan 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I have no respect for ad hominem argument; insults are an irrational fallacy. I've never used the terrible language Rose advocates and I never will. I've always written, there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality.
I like to quote the gay marriage protectors like this:
Xavier Bongibault, a member of a group called Plus Gay Sans Mariage -- More Gay Without Marriage -- said the demonstration is not for the homophobic.
He said many people who are gay or support gay rights believe marriage should be reserved for heterosexuals.
"In France marriage is not a contract about love: it is a contract that creates the framework for the protection of children. I believe a child must have a mother and father," he said. "Everyone has the right to get married. I am homosexual but if I wanted to get married I could find a woman. Marriage has certain conditions, the main one of which is that it has to be between a man and woman."
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2013/0...
Why do you think homosexuality is ok, but not marriage? Twisting the bibles words because you are too weak and winsome to stick to the gospel and support what you believe in? Also, mikey tries to hide it, but he also supports gay marriage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#175184 Jan 14, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you! You have proven yourself to be equally foolish as mikey!
Nothing for me to dare, most here have more education than you do I suspect.

You talk about the Saxons sacking Rome ( it was the Visigoths and later the Vandals ) you talk about Roman Catholic church being founded in Brittan, no it was centuries later and not in Britton, that was the Anglican church founded in Brittan during the time of Elizabeth 1 a thousand years after the fall of the Roman empire ( west anyway ).

You talk as if you didnít understand that Rome was Christian empire a hundred years before it fell ( much longer for the eastern empire )

You talk as if early Christians were less violentÖ. All history is against you there, that religion was spread at the point of a sword.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#175185 Jan 14, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
How you followed through British politics? Why do you assume you have more than you? And you tried to make yourself sound like an experienced gamer, by saying you played pacman then and went on it, and followed it through, your ignorance of modern gaming proves you as a liar. Why do you want to sound like you have more than you do? Do you feel you aren't good enough?
My friggin god you're touched.

"How you followed through British politics?" How he followed WHAT through Brit politics? That question wasn't a complete one. You're making little sense these days.

"Why do you assume you have more than you?" Why does he assume he has more than he has? WTF? Try calming down a bit and get your thoughts together, then post them so they make sense. Take a few deep breaths.

Pacman? From what I read of that he mentioned it in reference to his age. In that respect he's like me. Pacman was out when I was in college. My girlfriend and I would play it with her daughter. As time passed I moved on and lost any urge to play video games apart from the occasional time waster moment. Some of us don't obsess over them and don't waste our every waking moment playing them or banging away on the computer. I

Location hidden

#175186 Jan 14, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs says even a fool is wise in his own eyes! Jesus said that even a fool is wise if he keeps is mouth shut!
Now that is foresight. They knew of you 2000 years prior to your birth!

Location hidden

#175188 Jan 14, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! Extra nutty!
I think ol' largelanguage would make an excellent member of the Westboro Baptist Church.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#175189 Jan 14, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing for me to dare, most here have more education than you do I suspect.
You talk about the Saxons sacking Rome ( it was the Visigoths and later the Vandals ) you talk about Roman Catholic church being founded in Brittan, no it was centuries later and not in Britton, that was the Anglican church founded in Brittan during the time of Elizabeth 1 a thousand years after the fall of the Roman empire ( west anyway ).
You talk as if you didnít understand that Rome was Christian empire a hundred years before it fell ( much longer for the eastern empire )
You talk as if early Christians were less violentÖ. All history is against you there, that religion was spread at the point of a sword.
It was not the early church, they were the catholics, idiot!
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#175190 Jan 14, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
My friggin god you're touched.
"How you followed through British politics?" How he followed WHAT through Brit politics? That question wasn't a complete one. You're making little sense these days.
"Why do you assume you have more than you?" Why does he assume he has more than he has? WTF? Try calming down a bit and get your thoughts together, then post them so they make sense. Take a few deep breaths.
Pacman? From what I read of that he mentioned it in reference to his age. In that respect he's like me. Pacman was out when I was in college. My girlfriend and I would play it with her daughter. As time passed I moved on and lost any urge to play video games apart from the occasional time waster moment. Some of us don't obsess over them and don't waste our every waking moment playing them or banging away on the computer. I
Pacman was such a trivial statement he made. How does seeing pacman when it came out make him old? He is obviously trying to big himself up.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#175191 Jan 14, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
My alleged "lie" I assume is saying that you said Clinton wasn't impeached. You did. You said his impeachment failed. Many times.
You are wrong. It did not fail. He was impeached on Dec 19, 1998. It's history. Anyone can easily look it up.
Not once did I ever say he was not impeached

you remain a liar until you can find a post where I said that

I didnít

he was impeached

that it later failed is also a fact that you donít have the capacity to comprehend

OJ was charged with Murder, those charges later failed at the criminal trial, but it didnít change the fact he was charged, same thing.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#175192 Jan 14, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Why do you think homosexuality is ok, but not marriage?
Homosexuality is private behavior and marriage is a public institution. When homosexuals are attacked that's a threat to every individual and when marriage is attacked it harms everyone.

Largelanguage wrote:
Twisting the bibles words because you are too weak and winsome to stick to the gospel and support what you believe in? Also, mikey tries to hide it, but he also supports gay marriage.
I've never claimed to be a Christian. For some people, religion is the number one reason to keep marriage male/female; on my list it's number 26.
Horsert

Monrovia, CA

#175193 Jan 14, 2013
Is this the bran muffler dealer.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#175194 Jan 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexuality is private behavior and marriage is a public institution. When homosexuals are attacked that's a threat to every individual and when marriage is attacked it harms everyone.
<quoted text>I've never claimed to be a Christian. For some people, religion is the number one reason to keep marriage male/female; on my list it's number 26.
LOL

I have yet to hear one valid reason, religion certainly isnít one.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#175198 Jan 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm serious as can be.
Did you murder your own child?
Otherwise, why would you be so vindictive towards a God you are sure doesn't exist and men?
LOL.
Vindictive towards men!? Me!? LOL. I love men! And I like them.
No vindictive feelings arise when I look at this:
http://www.g33kwatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2...

God doesn't exist. One of the odder fundie arguments is the "why fight god if you don't believe in him?" one. I never had a child.

Do you think you should have been aborted? You say you are a monster mutation.
Black momma

Norwalk, CA

#175197 Jan 14, 2013
Little language guy I know your type also you see I was realy trying to remain a lady but you called me a bastard that is such a bitch move. I can see you on your little ninja turtle sheets with the latest Olsen twins pin ups,all your stickey little napkins all over thebed and please empty your trash can and god sake CLEAN YOUR SHORT
LiKE A BIG BOY. Stop eating all those pop tarts
You need your salad toss again you will be back to normal

Santa Monica, CA

#175200 Jan 14, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant people in general were meant for each other to be the opposite sex and of any race. And how do you know God seperated them for that reason? He seperated them because of the evil they were doing and couldn't play together nicely like good little children. So naive of you!
God doesn't exist.
I was pointing out that the only argument against interracial marriage in Loving v VA was that god had separated the races.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#175201 Jan 14, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If OJ's charges failed, he wouldn't have gone to trial. They failed to acquit, they did not fail to charge him. Same thing.
OJ's charges did not fail. Clinton's impeachment did not fail. And that's no lie, jerk.
No the charges failed because of the trial, he was still charged

OJ was charged, the charges against him failed at the trial, he was still charged.

Same with Clinton ( regardless of guilt in either case )

you arenít going to comprehend it

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#175202 Jan 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexuality is private behavior and marriage is a public institution. When homosexuals are attacked that's a threat to every individual and when marriage is attacked it harms everyone.
<quoted text>I've never claimed to be a Christian. For some people, religion is the number one reason to keep marriage male/female; on my list it's number 26.
It should not hurt to think, maybe you should stop thinking.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#175203 Jan 14, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton was impeached. You said it failed. I'm not lying.
It did not fail. You are wrong.
Yes ye was impeached and you remain a liar

Santa Monica, CA

#175204 Jan 14, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain your stupidity if you can you Gorilla.
Why are fundies such racists? Don't they believe Jesus died for black people? Guess you know better than Jesus, huh? LOLSER. Why do lions lick their balls? To get the taste of fundies out of their mouths.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obamaa s Action on Immigration Praised in Modesto Dec 3 stell88 1
1980's Restaurant; Rax or Arbies? (Jul '06) Nov 23 xsturgeonx 3
Turlock candidate has long history in Stanislau... (Oct '06) Nov '14 Joe 6
Walmart in Oakdale? (Aug '07) Nov '14 Riverbank resident 13
Any Milfs In The Modesto-Merced Area? (May '13) Nov '14 missymarie 9
1 1 marriage (Mar '13) Oct '14 nik_James 2
swinger Oct '14 nik_James 1
Oakdale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web