Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
152,481 - 152,500 of 200,584 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
pooty tang

Durham, NC

#174729 Jan 12, 2013
Yes

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#174730 Jan 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
1. Gender diversity vs duplication. Blending different genders creates something totally unique. The magnitute is described and the union of Mars and Venus. Combining Uranus and Uranus is redumbant.
2. Words describe reality. A deceptive description of reality is always harmful to everyone. Marriage at it's most basic essence is a cross cultural constraint of evolutionary mating behavior. Gay couples are a direct and absolute violation of the very basic purpose of evolution.
3. The closer a imposter relationship gets to the real thing, the more clear the counterfeit is exposed. That is harmful to gays. The very fact that they want to pretend they are the same as diverse genders exposes an inner fear of being a defect. Otherwise they would look for their own relational identity.
4. Look up the 'Cinderella Effect'. Read the largest, latest, most scientific study on all family types; The Regnerus Family Study.
Now, you prove what prevailing interest the government has in regulating and supporting friendships, and doing so selectively in regards to type and number of participants.
Smile.
Very interesting, it explains why there's so much reaction to the term,'gender segregation marriage'. Thanks for posting!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#174731 Jan 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Someone said you are divorced. I believe them, not you.
"Someone said" = hearsay. I've told Rose many times, I've been married 25 years and never divorced. Why is she so intent on marriage denial?

Most same sex marriage supporters base their opinions on faulty logic, hearsay, antagonism toward conservatism and the feel good emotion of sympathy toward a mascot victim group. They don't care about truth, I cite Rose's post above as proof.

If you love truth and hate lies; keep marriage one man and one woman.

Rose_NoHo wrote:
Should people be forced to marry someone of a different race? Same race = segregation; get it?
The only people writing about forcing marriage change are same sex marriage supporters. Traditional marriage is gender integration; same sex marriage is gender apartheid.

If you love diversity and hate segregation; keep marriage one man and one woman.
Gvape

United States

#174732 Jan 12, 2013
Legalize gay marriage!!'!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#174738 Jan 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it interesting that so many sinners focus on what they think they understand and ignore what they can't explain in the Bible.
It's even more interesting to watch the passionate persistent push against something you say is fiction.
Ho, Ho, Ho.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because jerks like you try to impose that fiction on others. If you would just keep your nonsense to yourselves, I wouldn't care much.
I can explain anything in the Buy-bull...
It's a bunch of Bronze Age myth and superstition.
Next.
"Like you"???

Where have I ever tried to impose the Bible on you? You don't understand basic physiology and simple evolution, how in hell (pun) could you understand spiritual things???

You can't explain how it starts with life being created out of the ground, and began genderless.

You can't explain how it described radiation with an Alien and his space ship hovering.

You can't explain how it predicted in vitro pregnancy and recorded the virgin birth thousands of years before 1940 when the first 'virgin' birth by in vitro occurred.

I could go on and on...

Somehow 'jerks like me' cause you to have a hissy fit about something you don't believe in. Right.

Ho, Ho, Ho.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#174740 Jan 13, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
We need a "slam dunk" judge it icon.
No we don't, we need a "No more SSM" judge it icon. And maybe a banana one too.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#174741 Jan 13, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
Banned for making death threats ?
They should ban people who take on someones identity and post stupid shit. No one posted any death threat, and besides they don't ban people here if that was the case this Topix wouldn't be here, lol .... way too many thin skined monkey's here.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#174742 Jan 13, 2013
Gvape wrote:
Legalize gay marriage!!'!
Why ???
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#174743 Jan 13, 2013
Our Nation is falling.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#174744 Jan 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Overturning Prop 8 will open the door for polygamy...
No it won't. There are still bigamy laws on the books.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#174745 Jan 13, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it will if you dumb down marriage to 'friendship'.

Ho, Ho, Ho.
Black momma

Norwalk, CA

#174746 Jan 13, 2013
<quoted text>
So, you're a racist, eh ? Why do you enjoy seeing white folks getting nervous ? We don't walk around, rattling chains at you, do we ?
Just woke up no I am not a racist I relish the thought getting followed around s store , giving my son instructions on how to act when my son who Is in school to become a doctor about how to act when is pulled over by the police no sudden movements, and the ill faded question are you on probation or we pulled you over because
Horton

Monrovia, CA

#174750 Jan 13, 2013
Shouldn't you be in Paris?
GoesAways

Monrovia, CA

#174752 Jan 13, 2013
Go away knuckle drager of a twit.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174753 Jan 13, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
They should ban people who take on someones identity and post stupid shit. No one posted any death threat, and besides they don't ban people here if that was the case this Topix wouldn't be here, lol .... way too many thin skined monkey's here.
Son. I'm about to educate you. I have been banned 5 times. I had a post monkey named Laqueesha Jefferson claim that it should be "open season" on me, with no license required. I logged a complaint about it, and researched the laws on this phenomenon, and discovered that I had 3 years to press charges. Don't talk nonsense.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#174754 Jan 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it will if you dumb down marriage to 'friendship'.
Ho, Ho, Ho.
...and you think that magically overturns bigamy laws?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#174755 Jan 13, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dummy!
"Polygamy shouldn't be legal because it's illegal"!
TOO FUNNY!
Too Funny that you think Prop 8 has ANYTHING to do with polygamy.
Klickles

Monrovia, CA

#174756 Jan 13, 2013
Look we have the out of towners, phoo flingers back.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#174757 Jan 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Son. I'm about to educate you. I have been banned 5 times. I had a post monkey named Laqueesha Jefferson claim that it should be "open season" on me, with no license required. I logged a complaint about it, and researched the laws on this phenomenon, and discovered that I had 3 years to press charges. Don't talk nonsense.
Just what charges do you think you can press? Laqueesha pointed out my stupidity, your honor. waa... waa.... waa.....
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174758 Jan 13, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigamy laws that were enacted in the same era that slaves were owned, that were in the same books that carried sodomy laws. These laws were removed , over time, and the same will result after Prop 8 is overturned.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 10 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 19 hr Tank ever 7,926
Judge John D. Freeland is wrong! (Dec '13) Thu Kes 8
Family Wed Baby Girl 1
I am a multi millionaire (Aug '13) Wed KeS 11
Fraud claims coming to court (Jun '07) Tue KeS 2
to the young girl selling tamales at winco (Feb '10) Tue KeS 100
•••
•••
•••

Oakdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000