Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,610)

Showing posts 152,181 - 152,200 of200,321
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Randy Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text> Who is this "we" ? You got a frog in your pocket, little boy?
Is that your pickup line ? Then you offer to get the frog out of the little boy's pocket, for free ?
Randy Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is nothing compared to the slaughter the Christians did during the crusades, but abroad and at home.
Ancient Rome canít hold a candle to the violence done in the name of Christianity
Do you understand what you are defending?
You, obviously, forget that it was a barbaric time in our history, and that ALL people were less civilized than we are now. Just tell me that you aren't trying to highlight the gays in this post ?
Randy Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
and you're not playing games yourself? you're dilluting a relationship two consenting adult want to solemnize with vows and obtain those rights the GAO listed a few yrs back (totaling to just over 1300) that are extended to only legally married couples. you're the one trying to tell us that anything other than a male/female married relationship isn't worthy of those vows to one another. you're the one that's smirking at you own (lack) of with, chum, not us.
the issues at hand are regarding the legal contract between 2 consenting adults that wish to marry. stick to the topic. when you can rationally discuss with insulting people, then chime in. without the smartasz smirks and ridiculous comparisons. until then, let the grownups talk at the grown up table.
But, silly child, the grownups ARE talking, even if we let a few little kiddies, like you, join in. Let the poofs make up contracts, if they wish. They are not to be allowed to call it a marriage, any more than being religious makes one a priest...

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know, whiny little girl?
A few, actually, including you.
Largelanguage wrote:
You seem to be a child! You don't want to put your pic up, why is that?
My pic is up.
Largelanguage wrote:
Is it because your parents told you not to and you have it instilled in you and you would feel to ashamed to post it, but want to hide the fact? And the way you equate sex with love also shows you are just so very young!
When you are in love, dummy, sex is part of that love.
Sex is one way my bf and I show we love each other. A very important way. Gifts, cooking dinner together, saying "I love you", and sending texts with smiley faces all have their places, but sex stands out. But you can't understand what I'm talking about until you have sex.
MarginsCall

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Wow, the wasteland lameO's have been spreading that out of towners bull again.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You fool! Homosexuality is a perversion, and it is not equality, since people of the same sex aren't meant to be for each other, and don't need each other, emotionally, fool!
Stupid, homosexuality is an orientation. Gay men need another man emotionally as well as physically like a straight man needs a woman emotionally as well as physically. Why the smeg do you think the whole gay marriage issue exists?
Randy Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
dang lack of coffee in the mornings and being in a hurry.
had to correct the posting.
coffee good. more coffee better.
cheers!
Correct your posts all you want to, It doesn't matter what the gays want, they may not appropriate a title that is not their due. They covet something that they do not rate. Period. And I am waiting for the SCOTUS to hand down the ruling that states that they have no authority to legislate marriage, as we already know. California will reinstate the ban on SSM, as the majority of its population wishes. And then, other states will follow suit.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
He is trying absolutely! Obama is already flouting the constitution all the time, just like his little judgey pal!
Really? Come up with a single real example.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Randy Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be about as far as you can get, in your pursuit of critical thinking skills...guesswork, blundering about, in the dark. Lost and clueless. Like when you thought you'd gotten the better of me, asking to name some of the books I'd made mention of, and i gave you about 50, or so, titles. And then you had to drop the subject, because you'd been made a fool of. And you knew...I mean, guessed it.
..and not one of those books were about what you claimed they were about: adult/child homosexual relationships. YOU lied.
Randy Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Skippy wrote:
Skippy says: get out of towners are just pests.
Skippy is a dumbass.
Randy Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
Looks like the judge-it fairy is very busy this morning rigging the judge-its! Priceless!
Oh, you mean Chongo. It is what Chongles does, when it runs out of crack, and opinions...
MarginsCall

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Gonorrhea is fast becoming untreatable, spurring an urgent call to action by the World Health Organization.

Much like the perts who are posting here and hare out of towners.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Randy Hudson wrote:
They are not to be allowed to call it a marriage, any more than being religious makes one a priest...
Where have you been for the last eight years?

Where the hell did you learn to make analogies?... from Jane Dough? LMFAO@you
Randy Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
the more important question is : why are you here, in a thread regarding same sex marriage?
another question :
why don't you start a movement on your own to get polygamy legalized? go ahead - hire an attorney and take it to court. we'll read all about it in the news. i look forward to reading about the arguments presented in court. good luck.
Why are YOU here ? Let me guess, this is the part where you make your presence in here sound moral and upright, while attempting to make his presence sound invalid ? Yeah, we've heard that one before....

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Plenty! Revelation will tell you! Read it yourself this time!
OK, so you can't tell me a buy-bull prophesy that has come true.
Randy Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>No. I mean like three does not equal two.
Do you mean "like that", or do you mean "that" ?

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Which day does it say then? Gen 1:3 Do you read the bible? Do you actually have one?
It says that god said, "Let there be light". Then in the next couple of verses, there was night and day. Then plants. Night and day and plants before there is a sun (somewhere around Genesis 1:16). Absurd.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't able to see the entire earth from a mountain! It was metaphorical! You don't understand its meaning!
So, it's not all literally true? Fine.
I just don't get why so many Christians insist everything in the buy-bull is literally true when so much of it is clearly absurd.
Randy Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is about Prop 8. What does Prop 8 have to do with polygamy?
It refused to allow any marriage, except between man and woman. Thus excluding polygamy, as it did SSM. Any argument that defends SSM must also defend polygamy, for the exact same reasons, freedom of choice. Silly, that was easy. Go apply some make-up and think of yourself as normal. LOL As if you can...
Randy Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
That lame-ass excuse again?...yawn... It was laughable the first time you posted it, now it's just boring.
No, it is not bopring. It is a valid question. Answer it, as you expect your questions to be answered.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 152,181 - 152,200 of200,321
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Oakdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••