Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,566)

Showing posts 151,301 - 151,320 of199,067
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if you call me a liar anymore, everyone knows it's not true. It's time I take you to task for your lies.
Tell us what is the difference between "Clinton wasn't impeached" and "Clinton's impeachment failed"? If it failed, then he wasn't impeached. He WAS impeached, it did NOT fail.
You have dishonestly changed your assertion from "Clinton's impeachment failed" to "...the intent and goals failed" Tell us why you are not a liar.
Also as an interesting aside, please tell us what were these "intents and goals"?
Of course you donít care

and again you are reporting things I never said, and you cannot find that I ever said

that is why you have to firmly established yourself as a liar, not once have I never said that did not happen and you fail again to find the post where I ever said that.

You remain a liar

further you post during the holidays that I am the one harping on the subject, but once again you expose yourself as a liar while you keep harping on that subject that I already determined you can never ever be honest about.

Of course it was a failure, we all know that.... but as you want to continue to harp on this subject I will continue my automatic response until you tire of it. You cannot contradict any of it, so the only resort you have is to lie.

You are, and remain a liar
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if you call me a liar anymore, everyone knows it's not true. It's time I take you to task for your lies.
Tell us what is the difference between "Clinton wasn't impeached" and "Clinton's impeachment failed"? If it failed, then he wasn't impeached. He WAS impeached, it did NOT fail.
You have dishonestly changed your assertion from "Clinton's impeachment failed" to "...the intent and goals failed" Tell us why you are not a liar.
Also as an interesting aside, please tell us what were these "intents and goals"?
here you go Liar
Yes Clinton was impeached by a partisan vote in the house on Dec 18 1998
Yes the impeachment trial was voted upon in the senate, and failed by partisan vote on Feb 12 1999, and Clinton was acquitted.
Yes the Articles of impeachment specifically stated the penalty was removal from office.
Yes the impeachment failed in its every intent and goal as stated in the articles of impeachment.
Yes he was impeached, yes the impeachment ended in total failure at achieve any of its stated goals.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
I donít care what your or anyone elseís imaginary playmate says. This is a legal issue, a real issue, not a "belief" issue.
Reason #22 Marriage is also a sacred union. Godís in the mix.- B. Obama
Reason #23 Faith - J. Biden

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
Call yourself a Christian. You ignore Gods word and yet say you are a believer.
I've never claimed to be Christian.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am offended
I have never once called myself a Christian
What a disgusting insult!
I am tolerant of Christians that donít try and legislate their belief system on others, but donít you dare call me one of them.
Why are you so offended? Do you carry guilt?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so offended? Do you carry guilt?
'
Offended as that is an attack on my character.

I donít try and rule over others not of my "beliefs' forcing them to conform as you try to do. I believe in this country, in the ideals we were set to strive for, our founders did not achieve it of course, and knew they had not, but they set the path.

We are a nation of free men, where we are not judged by who our fathers were, or what religon we happen to believe in, but by the rule of law that applies equally to everyone, that is what blind justice means.

There is no guilt in me, I am free

and even if you are right, and God is a monster that sits on a throne and says "worship me or you will be tortured forever", I am still right, as that thing is not worthy of worship.

Im good either way, but I have no worries, of the billions of Gods that man has dreamed up, they all have something in common, they are merely beliefs, nothing more.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you donít care
and again you are reporting things I never said, and you cannot find that I ever said
that is why you have to firmly established yourself as a liar, not once have I never said that did not happen and you fail again to find the post where I ever said that.
You remain a liar
further you post during the holidays that I am the one harping on the subject, but once again you expose yourself as a liar while you keep harping on that subject that I already determined you can never ever be honest about.
Of course it was a failure, we all know that.... but as you want to continue to harp on this subject I will continue my automatic response until you tire of it. You cannot contradict any of it, so the only resort you have is to lie.
You are, and remain a liar
Clinton was impeached. It did not fail. You are wrong.

You have dishonestly changed your original assertion that "Clinton's impeachment failed" to "The intent of the impeachment failed" to avoid embarrassment at having your ass handed to you.

You're not fooling anyone. You didn't know what impeachment means. Now you do. Admit it and move on.

Be a man. Not a liar.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
'
Offended as that is an attack on my character.
I donít try and rule over others not of my "beliefs' forcing them to conform as you try to do. I believe in this country, in the ideals we were set to strive for, our founders did not achieve it of course, and knew they had not, but they set the path.
We are a nation of free men, where we are not judged by who our fathers were, or what religon we happen to believe in, but by the rule of law that applies equally to everyone, that is what blind justice means.
There is no guilt in me, I am free
and even if you are right, and God is a monster that sits on a throne and says "worship me or you will be tortured forever", I am still right, as that thing is not worthy of worship.
Im good either way, but I have no worries, of the billions of Gods that man has dreamed up, they all have something in common, they are merely beliefs, nothing more.
By just reading your posts one can tell you have past experiences of being a christian and are now struggling against it.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
By just reading your posts one can tell you have past experiences of being a christian and are now struggling against it.
No doubt. His home town Modesto is a hot and dusty sh!thole with some nasty pockets of fundies.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I stopped believing in any Gods about the same time as I stopped believing in Santa Claus

But as so many Christians around me kept saying things that were so against even their own beliefs, I decided to read the bible. Which I did, cover to cover and in context, in later years I read it again as a refresher.

I do probably know more of it than your standard Christian who only reads select passages and it "told" what it is supposed to mean rather than what is actually says.

But no I donít struggle with any religion, never have really.

I realized they were nothing more than behavior control for the ďlittle peopleĒ the same as Santa, and the bogey man.

A childís reason to do right, and adult does not need that.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton was impeached. It did not fail. You are wrong.
You have dishonestly changed your original assertion that "Clinton's impeachment failed" to "The intent of the impeachment failed" to avoid embarrassment at having your ass handed to you.
You're not fooling anyone. You didn't know what impeachment means. Now you do. Admit it and move on.
Be a man. Not a liar.
here you go Liar
Yes the impeachment trial was voted upon in the senate, and failed by partisan vote on Feb 12 1999, and Clinton was acquitted.
Yes the Articles of impeachment specifically stated the penalty was removal from office.
Yes the impeachment failed in its every intent and goal as stated in the articles of impeachment.
Yes he was impeached, yes the impeachment ended in total failure at achieve any of its stated goals.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I stopped believing in any Gods about the same time as I stopped believing in Santa Claus
But as so many Christians around me kept saying things that were so against even their own beliefs, I decided to read the bible. Which I did, cover to cover and in context, in later years I read it again as a refresher.
I do probably know more of it than your standard Christian who only reads select passages and it "told" what it is supposed to mean rather than what is actually says.
But no I donít struggle with any religion, never have really.
I realized they were nothing more than behavior control for the ďlittle peopleĒ the same as Santa, and the bogey man.
A childís reason to do right, and adult does not need that.
So you rebelled did you eh?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
here you go Liar
You are wrong. The impeachment did not fail. Clinton was impeached.

You have dishonestly changed your original assertion that "Clinton's impeachment failed" to "The intent of the impeachment failed".

Why did you do that?

You didn't know what impeachment means. Now you do. Admit it, be a man.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You're supposed to give a sh!t about the jackass's dopey religious journey like it's very profound or something. Be nice.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:3-5 (NASB)
3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.
5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.
Ho, Ho, Ho.
<quoted text>
I'm simply pointing out that the Bible says there was day and night BEFORE plant life occurred.
Just one more absurdity, day and night before there was a sun.
Along with plants growing before there was a sun.
Without a sun, idiot, the temp would be close to 0 Kelvin. Plants wouldn't last a second, even if there were light.
KiMare wrote:
That means you didn't know what you are a blonde ho who didn't know what you were talking about once again.
Ho, Ho, Ho
I know exactly what I'm talking about.
You are so dumb, you believe that creation myth is history.
<quoted text>
KiMare wrote:
This is what happens when a Ho tries to understand things that require reasoning.
Here are a couple of the theological thoughts about a concise passage (less than three pages) about creation.
-Written in a simple language that could be understood before modern science (99%) of the time period.
Well, god would know what went on, and could explain it. You're too dumb to understand something like "a cloud of interstellar dust...", but most people could get it. People knew about clouds, stars and dust back then.
KiMare wrote:
-One theological 'theory' of this passage is that the length of a day refers to the time frame of God, not humans.
Doesn't matter. The story has plants growing before there is a sun, that's absurd.
KiMare wrote:
-Richard Dawkins, to name one of a few, said life may have been 'seeded' by aliens. Life 'injected' onto earth from another place.
And?
KiMare wrote:
-Even more striking, the passage refers to life beginning from the ground (scientists; a pool of amino acids), and that humans began as simple genderless life forms. Considering any other creation account from that time period (and a LONG time afterward), this account stands distinctly apart.
Go back to the kitchen, you are in no shape for the bedroom, focus on woman's work, and leave the thinking to real men.
Ho, Ho, Ho.
You're not a real man, you have a woman's genes.
LOL!
Do you think you should have been aborted?

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it say the day though God made each? "on the sixth day god made", "and the second day god made" ect.
LOL, stupid fundie.
Not only should it be obvious, after all, stories aren't normally told with the events being related in random order, the Buy-bull explicitly states:
"And the evening and the morning were the third day." (Genesis 1:13) after the plants were created and growing.

"And there was evening, and there was morning--the fourth day." (Genesis 1:19) after the sun was created.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. The impeachment did not fail. Clinton was impeached.
You have dishonestly changed your original assertion that "Clinton's impeachment failed" to "The intent of the impeachment failed".
Why did you do that?
You didn't know what impeachment means. Now you do. Admit it, be a man.
here you go Liar
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no stopping my belief in Santa was no big deal, I was quite young.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
here you go Liar
Your original assertion was: "Clinton's impeachment failed".

You were wrong. It did not fail.

You have changed that assertion to: "The impeachment ended in total failure at achieve any of its stated goals." Which is a totally different statement.

Why did you do that?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no stopping my belief in Santa was no big deal, I was quite young.
My older grandkids are funny. They don't believe in Santa till around a week before Christmas! The little ones are precious, they BELIEVE! And I wouldn't ruin that for anything.

P.S. You were wrong. Clinton's impeachment did not fail. Impeachment is the sole power of the House. The Senate cannot fail it, only try it and either convict or acquit. They did. And they acquitted. This in no way fails the impeachment. Clinton was impeached.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 151,301 - 151,320 of199,067
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Oakdale Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Oakdale Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Oakdale People Search