Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
150,581 - 150,600 of 200,565 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Jane Pudenda wrote:
<quoted text>hahahahahah
ahahahahahha
ahahahahhaha
ahahahhaha
You keep believing that lie. That study has more methodology flaws than a beach has sand.
There's that psychotic Mona Lott laugh we love to hear! A big long one this morning.

But the thing is, you're not really laughing so it looks real silly when you fake it like that.

Why are your sock puppets always female?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m sure they are all non-gay.
How can you be so sure? Did you ask them? What do gay people look like?
And why does it matter to you so much?

What a bigot!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a heads up, the Regenarus study has passed all challenges. It stands as the most scientific, extensive, comprehensive study of family types in existence to date.
I know it had a hard time finding long term gay 'families', a problem with stability. Just below single parenting in fact...
:-)
<quoted text>
It won commendations for it's methodology.
It was challenged on six counts and acquitted of every single one.
You just don't like the facts it exposes.
I'm sorry.
Merry Christmas!
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbelievable, another skewed study you hold as fact. You and obviously the author doesn't know anything about how to conduct an 'unbiased' study. Pure Bigoted BS.
A gay blogger already made that claim.

The study was acquitted on all counts.

That's the true facts, not your (bigoted, ignorant) opinion.

Merry Christmas!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dopey red neck global warming mobile! Only in Sacramento! They'd tow that heap to the impound if you drove it around the bay area or NY.
That thing is too funny! Bet you think it's cool. No one else does.
So Funny!
Correction. "Marram" thinks it's cool.

Even funnier!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Marram.
Well, I don't seem to have any trouble attracting your attention, do I, Big Boy?
Ronald
Ronald.

"Marram" seems to be a very angry young man.

Michael.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo is not an inspiration to me because she's stupid, selfish and arrogant. A very dopey combination.
Don't forget racist and bigoted. I hope the Ho Ho Ho got a fresh bunch of bananas for Christmas Ho Ho Ho
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a heads up, the Regenarus study has passed all challenges. It stands as the most scientific, extensive, comprehensive study of family types in existence to date.
I know it had a hard time finding long term gay 'families', a problem with stability. Just below single parenting in fact...
<quoted text>
I'm sorry.
Merry Christmas!
<quoted text>
Merry Christmas!
Nothing like the stability of Brittany Spears 3 day marrage
I oatA

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

Petition Targeting Macy's, Donald Trump Grows even louder since it's inception before Xmas 2012.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Merry Christmas!
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing like the stability of Brittany Spears 3 day marrage
Out of 30,000 questioned, 3 is the number of stable gay 'families' they found.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
The pagans named their holiday after Christ? I don't think so dummy!
What a dope!
Too funny!
I suggest you educate your self on the origins of Christmas

http://www.lasttrumpetministries.org/tracts/t...

http://rcg.org/books/ttooc.html

http://www.history.com/topics/christmas

what a MAROON, TOO FUNNY

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

Here is a new and excellent overview of the Regnerus study;

http://www.crisismagazine.com/2012/
was-the-regnerus-study-on-gay- parenting-defective

"My approach was different than those of the other commentators, who were generally “for” or “against.” My main question was,“How different was what Regnerus did methodologically compared to what other scholars have done in the past ten years when investigating similar issues?” I considered sample selection, sample size, definition of family forms, measurement of sexual orientation, statistical analysis, funding, and consistency of results with other research, citing over 110 examples of other previous research."

"As my own review of other studies shows, however, the wholesale ad hominem attacks on Professor Regnerus and the complete dismissal of all of his methods and professionalism continue to be unjustified, even though his research—as all research—deserves careful scrutiny. His decisions about research design and analysis were within the ball park of what other credible and distinguished researchers have been doing within the past decade."

Merry Christmas!
CrazyJudy

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

Crazy Judy maybe one of yu handlers can read this to you since it appears you can't do that either.

The greatest slogan that I hated during this last campaign was We want to take back our country. Guys, it's not your country anymore - it's our country.

Those Tea Party nuts are and always have been on the wrong track, at first you were just attack dogs for the stupid Republican party. But you even bit them, your just plain crazy.

Judy is a puppet on the city council for Glendora, California..

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.lasttrumpetministries.org/tracts/t...
http://rcg.org/books/ttooc.html
http://www.history.com/topics/christmas
what a MAROON, TOO FUNNY
So why did the pagans name their holiday CHRISTmas moron?

What a dope!
BigMerrys

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

I want to give the Glendora Police Department men and women a hardy Merry Christmas and a safe new year.

Starting with the dispatchers, the community service officers, volunteers, reserve officers and the sworn officers.

They need our continued support with the unbelievable position this city has put them into.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you slag off Karma dude!

Merry Christmas Jackass!

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you slag off Karma dude!
Merry Christmas Jackass!
spoken like a true Christian

How Did Christmas Come to Be Celebrated on December 25?

Roman pagans first introduced the holiday of Saturnalia, a week long period of lawlessness celebrated between December 17-25. During this period, Roman courts were closed, and Roman law dictated that no one could be punished for damaging property or injuring people during the weeklong celebration. The festival began when Roman authorities chose “an enemy of the Roman people” to represent the “Lord of Misrule.” Each Roman community selected a victim whom they forced to indulge in food and other physical pleasures throughout the week. At the festival’s conclusion, December 25th, Roman authorities believed they were destroying the forces of darkness by brutally murdering this innocent man or woman.

The ancient Greek writer poet and historian Lucian (in his dialogue entitled Saturnalia) describes the festival’s observance in his time. In addition to human sacrifice, he mentions these customs: widespread intoxication; going from house to house while singing naked; rape and other sexual license; and consuming human-shaped biscuits (still produced in some English and most German bakeries during the Christmas season).

In the 4th century CE, Christianity imported the Saturnalia festival hoping to take the pagan masses in with it. Christian leaders succeeded in converting to Christianity large numbers of pagans by promising them that they could continue to celebrate the Saturnalia as Christians.

The problem was that there was nothing intrinsically Christian about Saturnalia. To remedy this, these Christian leaders named Saturnalia’s concluding day, December 25th, to be Jesus’ birthday.

Christians had little success, however, refining the practices of Saturnalia. As Stephen Nissenbaum, professor history at the University of Massachussetts, Amherst, writes,“In return for ensuring massive observance of the anniversary of the Savior’s birth by assigning it to this resonant date, the Church for its part tacitly agreed to allow the holiday to be celebrated more or less the way it had always been.” The earliest Christmas holidays were celebrated by drinking, sexual indulgence, singing naked in the streets (a precursor of modern caroling), etc.

The Reverend Increase Mather of Boston observed in 1687 that “the early Christians who first observed the Nativity on December 25 did not do so thinking that Christ was born in that Month, but because the Heathens’ Saturnalia was at that time kept in Rome, and they were willing to have those Pagan Holidays metamorphosed into Christian ones.” Because of its known pagan origin, Christmas was banned by the Puritans and its observance was illegal in Massachusetts between 1659 and 1681. However, Christmas was and still is celebrated by most Christians.

Some of the most depraved customs of the Saturnalia carnival were intentionally revived by the Catholic Church in 1466 when Pope Paul II, for the amusement of his Roman citizens, forced Jews to race naked through the streets of the city. An eyewitness account reports,“Before they were to run, the Jews were richly fed, so as to make the race more difficult for them and at the same time more amusing for spectators. They ran… amid Rome’s taunting shrieks and peals of laughter, while the Holy Father stood upon a richly ornamented balcony and laughed heartily.”
Rattled

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

Is that ARMa or Karma?

Get your pin-head screwed on right next time.
Jane Pudenda

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I'm sorry.
Merry Christmas!
hahaahah
HAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHHAHA
AHAHAHAH

It won commendations for its methodology? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHHAHAHAAHHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHHA
AHHAHAHAHAHAHA

You are hilarious!

It was NOT acquitted of ANYTHING, you big LIAR. It was never investigated. The University dissmissed the charges because they said there wasn't enough evidence. There was to "trial." It was a very poorly orchestrated cover-up of influence pedalling and propaganda, bought and paid for by anti-gay lunatics. The University of Texas covered its own ass to avoid ethics sanctions that would hurt its accreditation. The only people that arte fooled by what's going on here are people who know absolutely NOTHING about research methodology and validity. A first year sciology student could spot the flaws in this piss-poor excuse for a "study."

You clueless moron crack me up with your blabberings. I mean really. Do you think we don't know any better?
Jane Pudenda

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I'm sorry.
Merry Christmas!
<quoted text>
Merry Christmas!
You can keep repeating that crap all you like. That doesn't change the fact that none of it is true. You are a simple liar.
Jane Pudenda

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Here is a new and excellent overview of the Regnerus study;
http://www.crisismagazine.com/2012/
was-the-regnerus-study-on-gay- parenting-defective
"My approach was different than those of the other commentators, who were generally “for” or “against.” My main question was,“How different was what Regnerus did methodologically compared to what other scholars have done in the past ten years when investigating similar issues?” I considered sample selection, sample size, definition of family forms, measurement of sexual orientation, statistical analysis, funding, and consistency of results with other research, citing over 110 examples of other previous research."
"As my own review of other studies shows, however, the wholesale ad hominem attacks on Professor Regnerus and the complete dismissal of all of his methods and professionalism continue to be unjustified, even though his research—as all research—deserves careful scrutiny. His decisions about research design and analysis were within the ball park of what other credible and distinguished researchers have been doing within the past decade."
Merry Christmas!
Imagine that! Catholic Laity lining up to back-up right-wing horseshit. What a surprise. That's like Goebels writing a letter of recommendation for Hitler. You loons are HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr Sgt Deadhead USMC 7,920
Fraud claims coming to court (Jun '07) 7 hr KeS 2
to the young girl selling tamales at winco (Feb '10) 8 hr KeS 100
Homeless Modesto Men Headed for Trial (Apr '08) 8 hr KeS 25
Broker held in realty scam (Nov '08) 9 hr KeS 4
Stanislaus county Embezzles hundred of thousand... (Nov '08) 9 hr KeS 8
Modesto's Calvary Temple Academy To Close (Jun '08) 10 hr KeS 34

Search the Oakdale Forum:
•••
•••