Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
150,221 - 150,240 of 200,627 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#171835 Dec 21, 2012
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said I cant fix stupid. Have a great day sugar nipples
Wait, wait! Don't go Fruitloop.

You forgot to tell us- why can't a man marry a tree?

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#171837 Dec 21, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would he need to, has he been with your wife ?
oh hello "Mr Hand"

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171838 Dec 21, 2012
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa Rock, thats a big ole load of manure you are passing off.
Procreation is not a requirement of marriage, never has been. Buttercup, you don't have to be married to have children. People do it all the time. The way you make marriage sound, and older couple pass the age of procreation should be denied the priviliage of marriage. Now please tell me just how telling a child that something is wrong is the same thing as dening two concenting adults the privilage of marriage. I will wait for your half ass answer
Now if you care to do just a little work ( Google) you will find that same sex marriage goes back a few thousand years. Shoot son, 1100 years ago you can find record of it in churches. So back up the bus and read before you make such silly claims.
Yes. I agree 100%. Procreation is irrelevant to marriage. That is one reason that incest marriage should be allowed.

And sure, SSM has always been around. We remember all those same sex couples from the history books! George and Harry Washington. Abraham and Bruce Lincoln. Marge and Bertha Thatcher. Very common.

WOOHOOO!
VegOmatic

West Covina, CA

#171839 Dec 21, 2012
Stocks sink after Republicans cancel budget vote in Washington D.C..

Investors sent Washington a reminder Friday that Wall Street is a power player in talks to avoid the "fiscal cliff."

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171840 Dec 21, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think that we have any misconceptions about gay people, why don't you explain the realities to us ? This oughta be good.....
He's priceless, ain't he? Gonna be fun.
Topeka

West Covina, CA

#171844 Dec 21, 2012
You to old bruders, really should patch things up between you to and get on with it. Or flip a coin to see you goes first.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#171846 Dec 21, 2012
KiMare wrote:
Gays have the right to pursue a distinct description and rights that meet their unique needs. They are not however the same as a diverse gendered couple for the reasons I listed and more.
Gay and Lesbian couples have THE RIGHT to pursue MARRIAGE.......period, not something you claim is different, but EXACTLY the same marriage as what heterosexuals get to do.......why? Because PROCREATION IS NOT NOW OR EVER BEEN A REQUIREMENT TO GET MARRIED, and therefore it is an IRRELEVANT issue!!!

Something you simply don't understand.....as long as there is ONE heterosexual couple who CAN NOT OR DOES NOT want children.......that argument has already lost!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#171850 Dec 21, 2012
KiMare wrote:
Gay couples have never and CAN never replicate that.

The fact is, the number of married couples that don't/can't procreate is so minor, we don't bother to distinguish.
Who said ANYTHING about replicating another's relationship? Gay and Lesbian couples can and do create children and the law DOESN'T care how the children are conceived or if they are adopted......both are considered the offspring of the couple!!!

It DOESN'T matter how many opposite-sex couples CAN/DO/DON'T have children.......if one heterosexual couple is allowed to marry and CAN'T have children.....there goes the procreation argument.......just like it only took one woman to fight for the right to an abortion.....and we have that today!!!

The fact is that the institute of Marriage has been evolving steadily over the last 500 years and it matters not if you agree with it or like it....YOUR APPROVAL OR ACCEPTANCE is not REQUIRED!!!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#171851 Dec 21, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay and Lesbian couples have THE RIGHT to pursue MARRIAGE.......period, not something you claim is different, but EXACTLY the same marriage as what heterosexuals get to do.......why? Because PROCREATION IS NOT NOW OR EVER BEEN A REQUIREMENT TO GET MARRIED, and therefore it is an IRRELEVANT issue!!!
Something you simply don't understand.....as long as there is ONE heterosexual couple who CAN NOT OR DOES NOT want children.......that argument has already lost!!!
Since when did ANYONE have to require procreation???

Since when did the government have the POWER to require procreation???

Are you for real???

Marriage is the cross cultural constraint on mating behavior. Gays are a direct and devastating defect to mating behavior.

Smile.

Location hidden

#171852 Dec 21, 2012
Seriously?!?!

Bellevue, WA

#171855 Dec 21, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, the hell with it. I'm sorry to hear it.
it was really sad :(

Location hidden

#171857 Dec 21, 2012
KiMare wrote:
Gay couples have never and CAN never replicate that.

The fact is, the number of married couples that don't/can't procreate is so minor, we don't bother to distinguish.
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said ANYTHING about replicating another's relationship? Gay and Lesbian couples can and do create children and the law DOESN'T care how the children are conceived or if they are adopted......both are considered the offspring of the couple!!!
It DOESN'T matter how many opposite-sex couples CAN/DO/DON'T have children.......if one heterosexual couple is allowed to marry and CAN'T have children.....there goes the procreation argument.......just like it only took one woman to fight for the right to an abortion.....and we have that today!!!
The fact is that the institute of Marriage has been evolving steadily over the last 500 years and it matters not if you agree with it or like it....YOUR APPROVAL OR ACCEPTANCE is not REQUIRED!!!
You have GOT to be a natural platinum blonde!!!

Never ever has a gay couple mutually procreated. You and I are GIFTED with one mother and one father. No one can ever replace that relationship. Any other is a default lessor substitution!

Your argument for marriage is ABORTION!?!?! A mother violating her one unique and sacred privilege? The one place where every child should be the safest??? I am astounded...

What kind of twisted sickness has gripped you as a woman?

Then, "marriage has evolved?" How so? I have traveled around the world. Never had a problem distinguishing marriage anywhere. I love history. NEVER have I had a problem seeing marriage as a diverse gendered couple. Please, I'd love to hear how 'marriage has evolved'...

Do you THINK about what you say, or just repeat gay twirl comments by others???

Seriously!

Please, I'm just a hermaphroditic genetic chimera. A lesbian trapped in an old straight man. I have enough to deal with, don't stress me with this blonde stupidity!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171858 Dec 21, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
OOOH! Lies. It wasn't great, or funny.
:-D
;)

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#171860 Dec 21, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple, telling a child that something is wrong is the same thing as dening two concenting adults the privilage of marriage if the concenting[sic] adults do not fit the pre-approved pattern of mates. 1100 years ? ROFLMAO at your claim, and I will not bother using the internet to find some prefabricated propaganda that has been recently slipped in, to support your arguments. We are not interested in any religious arguments, in here, and to attempt to do so will result in your being called a fundie. We are using the Constitution, and nought else. But, in order to be a sport, would you please provide me with a link to your "record of it in churches", that I may get a chortle ?
Thank you, in advance, for the belly laugh...Because the Christian church has never (until recently) allowed gay marriage, it was a sin to try to do so.
:-D

Thank you, swizzle stick.
The first historical mention of the performance of same-sex marriages occurred during the early Roman Empire.[68] For instance, Emperor Nero is reported to have engaged in a marriage ceremony with one of his male slaves. Emperor Elagabalus "married" a Carian slave named Hierocles.[69] These were usually reported in a critical or satirical manner.[70] It should be noted, however, that conubium existed only between a civis Romanus and a civis Romana (that is, between a male Roman citizen and a female Roman citizen), so that a marriage between two Roman males (or with a slave) would have no legal standing in Roman law (apart, presumably, from the arbitrary will of the emperor in the two aforementioned cases).[71] Furthermore, "matrimonium is an institution involving a mother, mater. The idea implicit in the word is that a man takes a woman in marriage, in matrimonium ducere, so that he may have children by her."[72] Still, the lack of legal validity notwithstanding, there is a consensus among modern historians that same-sex relationships existed in ancient Rome, but the exact frequency and nature of "same-sex unions" during that period is obscure.[73] In 342 AD Christian emperors Constantius II and Constans issued a law in the Theodosian Code (C. Th. 9.7.3) prohibiting same-sex marriage in Rome and ordering execution for those so married.[74]

A same-sex marriage between the two men Pedro Díaz and Muño Vandilaz in the Galician municipality of Rairiz de Veiga in Spain occurred on 16 April 1061. They were married by a priest at a small chapel. The historic documents about the church wedding were found at Monastery of San Salvador de Celanova.[75]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriag...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171862 Dec 21, 2012
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>
The first historical mention of the performance of same-sex marriages occurred during the early Roman Empire.[68] For instance, Emperor Nero is reported to have engaged in a marriage ceremony with one of his male slaves. Emperor Elagabalus "married" a Carian slave named Hierocles.[69] These were usually reported in a critical or satirical manner.[70] It should be noted, however, that conubium existed only between a civis Romanus and a civis Romana (that is, between a male Roman citizen and a female Roman citizen), so that a marriage between two Roman males (or with a slave) would have no legal standing in Roman law (apart, presumably, from the arbitrary will of the emperor in the two aforementioned cases).[71] Furthermore, "matrimonium is an institution involving a mother, mater. The idea implicit in the word is that a man takes a woman in marriage, in matrimonium ducere, so that he may have children by her."[72] Still, the lack of legal validity notwithstanding, there is a consensus among modern historians that same-sex relationships existed in ancient Rome, but the exact frequency and nature of "same-sex unions" during that period is obscure.[73] In 342 AD Christian emperors Constantius II and Constans issued a law in the Theodosian Code (C. Th. 9.7.3) prohibiting same-sex marriage in Rome and ordering execution for those so married.[74]
A same-sex marriage between the two men Pedro Díaz and Muño Vandilaz in the Galician municipality of Rairiz de Veiga in Spain occurred on 16 April 1061. They were married by a priest at a small chapel. The historic documents about the church wedding were found at Monastery of San Salvador de Celanova.[75]
Cool story bro.

So what?

Bellevue, WA

#171863 Dec 21, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been enjoying taunting you, but it was for fun, not for any other reason. I am sorry to hear that, but you will, I hope, keep taunting me, too, as I believe that is why we come in here, no ? Stay tough.
you have a deal mr hand.... its all good.. i'm back to stripping as of this past wednesday night and i'm seeing clients again.... but school does start in january

Bellevue, WA

#171864 Dec 21, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been enjoying taunting you, but it was for fun, not for any other reason. I am sorry to hear that, but you will, I hope, keep taunting me, too, as I believe that is why we come in here, no ? Stay tough.
you know the crazy part is .. that i really don't lie about my life on here.. i think its kinda therapy to express my journey i guess

Location hidden

#171865 Dec 21, 2012
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>
A 'marriage' mocked by Nero's peers. A seriously demented Caesar...

A speculation that is countered by the attempted 'marriage' of two women in Spain. They were promptly corrected.

That's it?

Smile.

Location hidden

#171870 Dec 21, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, did you read the part about "the priest discovered the deception..." ? And using Nero, and the Romans, as examples....LOL.
This is a perfect example of gays using gay twirl talking points without thinking about them. They have no idea what reality has in store. ASSuming that others are as ignorant as they are...

Bellevue, WA

#171871 Dec 21, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Although, this last post of yours, apart from a missing comma, and 2 capitals, is spelt perfectly. My bad.
well you know... even a hooker can come close to perfection once in a while

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 min memo maddnes 5,020
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 12 hr papersup 15,971
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 19 hr punch tips 7,935
Judge John D. Freeland is wrong! (Dec '13) Aug 28 Kes 8
Family Aug 27 Baby Girl 1
I am a multi millionaire (Aug '13) Aug 27 KeS 11
Fraud claims coming to court (Jun '07) Aug 26 KeS 2
•••
•••
Oakdale Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Oakdale Jobs