Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,508)

Showing posts 150,141 - 150,160 of200,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
SSOOTP

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Same Stupid Out Of Town Poster.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike's Law: Morons who dream up "Laws" and name them after themselves are silly.
You bet sugar nipples. One day soon you might not be stuck on stupid.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
So, basically, what you are saying, is that you don't want to read a rational argument against SSM, um OK, don't read it. But it makes perfect sense, and you know it. So, snore away, while the adults deal with it.
Oh snap, we all have been waiting for a rational argument against SSM, when will you be posting one?
SSOOTP

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Does it still come in a can?
The Flag is

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Once again the idiot Tea Party is about to crash the system, it's is all to apparent that the Tea Party needs to be outlawed and declared a danger to all american citizen's.

It;s another big defeat for John Boehner, Republicans party because they have nixed his fiscal "Plan B," because they didn't have the votes to pass it.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>You bet sugar nipples. One day soon you might not be stuck on stupid.
What a dumb post!

You're funny Fruitloops. What's with the tin foil hat?
Floride

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

It's another big defeat for John Boehner, Republicans party. The Macco Nuts in the Tea Party are as dum as they look. Right Judy Nelson of the glendora city council.

Your all a bunch of terrible gamblers, just look at the fool calling himself Tim Donnelly.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Most "pole smokers" are straight women, but I wouldn't expect you'd have any experience in that area.
<quoted text>
Rose's Law: Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
<quoted text>
Sexually insecure?
Most are strait women but the male pole smokers wants the scales tipped. Youve made no point. I hope you dont infect thosr around you with your obviously high level of intelligence.

What about the children? Exactly, that is increasingly.societies attitude.

Thanks for the concern, but im quite secure in my sexuality.

If my comment offended you personally, perhaps you should psycho-analyze yourself, not me.
Bll Grimeson

Oxnard, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

American DC-7C by "Y" of Japan with original box. Same aircraft featured in the Twilight Zone episode "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" starring actor William Shatner.
Chrisnris

Hesperia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You might...
So let me get this straight are you saying that the true definition of marriage is a union that can procreate through sexual intercourse of the person that they are married to? So according to that bs than I guess all those infertile hetrosexual couples are not considered to married either. Now that doesn't seem right. Or what about the couples that get married but choose not to have kids? Is that not considered marriage either? Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the asumption that marriage was a union joined together by love. But I guess I'm just a nieve legally married in this state of california lesbian and a mother of five highly intelligent, well rounded children.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Was one particular jackass named "J-bird56" or some such silly sh!t a while ago used to post dumb stuff just like this jazzybird dope. Thought maybe they're the same.
This one wears a tin foil hat for chrissakes. It doesn't get any better than that.
My guess would be he is the same one

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Chrisnris wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me get this straight are you saying that the true definition of marriage is a union that can procreate through sexual intercourse of the person that they are married to? So according to that bs than I guess all those infertile hetrosexual couples are not considered to married either. Now that doesn't seem right. Or what about the couples that get married but choose not to have kids? Is that not considered marriage either? Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the asumption that marriage was a union joined together by love. But I guess I'm just a nieve legally married in this state of california lesbian and a mother of five highly intelligent, well rounded children.
Mating behavior today is the end result of simple genderless life forms evolving into two genders resulting in the ability for those species to survive.

Marriage is simply various customs culture created to support and celebrate the mating behavior union of those two genders. It is a union that hails back to the very roots of evolution, the recreation of a simple single genderless life form.

Duplicate genders cannot in any aspect replicate those basics.

Marriage links the beginning of life to the present. That has always been the case in every single culture. A 'reunion' of genders to 'one.' What has changed? Please, be specific.

Gay couples have never and CAN never replicate that.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Smile.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
You didn't keep your marriage male/female. You got a divorce....
^^^Rose knows this is untrue; I've been married more than 25 years. She tells untruths because the truth isn't on her side.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you DISHONESTLY changed your assertion that "Clinton's impeachment failed" to "all the intents and objectives listed in the impeachment failed"?
And then called me a liar to deflect further from your original lost argument.
Nice! Liberal rules.
P.S. Are you ever going to tell us what these "intents and objectives listed in the impeachment" are? I cannot find them.
I have made my automatic reply smaller to annoy others less
Yes he was impeached, partisan vote in the house
Yes it was a failure, partisan vote for acquittal in the senate
Yes the impeachment was a total and absolute failure, it accomplished nothing
Chrisnris

Hesperia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Mating behavior today is the end result of simple genderless life forms evolving into two genders resulting in the ability for those species to survive.
Marriage is simply various customs culture created to support and celebrate the mating behavior union of those two genders. It is a union that hails back to the very roots of evolution, the recreation of a simple single genderless life form.
Marriage links the beginning of life to the present. That has always been the case in every single culture. A 'reunion' of genders to 'one.' What has changed? Please, be specific.
Smile.
I understand your idea of the evolution into the two genders for survival, on the flip side of that idea don't you think that maybe the world could be evolving again for the purpose of controlling the population? At this point in time I would have to say that most people would agree that our world is over populated.

I believe that everybody is entitled to their own oppinion, but what I just dont get is why and how can my marriage to another woman instead of a man harm hetrosexual married couples.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Chrisnris wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your idea of the evolution into the two genders for survival, on the flip side of that idea don't you think that maybe the world could be evolving again for the purpose of controlling the population? At this point in time I would have to say that most people would agree that our world is over populated.
I believe that everybody is entitled to their own oppinion, but what I just dont get is why and how can my marriage to another woman instead of a man harm hetrosexual married couples.
On the flip side, as there is documented homosexuality in many different animals, I wouldn’t spend too much time on that idea

This is America, you are free, free to love, free to choose, free to be yourself, your marriage to another woman has not or would not hurt my heterosexual marriage in any way at all, I honesty don’t see how it could.

There is a large ( but shrinking ) segment of our population that are busybodies, wanting to tell everyone else how they must live their lives. They claim to be opposed to "big government" but in truth wants a government that gets right into your life telling you how you must live.

Fortunately for you this is a shrinking segment, and support to equality in marriage is increasing dramatically

Please know you have the support of many of us heterosexuals as well.
Chrisnris

Hesperia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
O.K.
You stand corrected, because your marriage was the result of a "fad" that won't last long...
HOW DARE YOU belittle the grounds under which I was legally able to marry the woman that I LOVE. Its very sad to see so many people in this world filled with hate and ignorence. Just because I'm gay doesn't mean that I discredit hetrosexual couples I just dont understand why certain people can't do the same for same sex couples. What are you so afraid of? How is it directly affecting YOU? How is it making the world worse? Igrnorance must be bliss for you? Its so sad to see people like you that are so full of opinions on something they now nothing about. I feel sorry for you
Chrisnris

Hesperia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
On the flip side, as there is documented homosexuality in many different animals, I wouldn’t spend too much time on that idea
This is America, you are free, free to love, free to choose, free to be yourself, your marriage to another woman has not or would not hurt my heterosexual marriage in any way at all, I honesty don’t see how it could.
There is a large ( but shrinking ) segment of our population that are busybodies, wanting to tell everyone else how they must live their lives. They claim to be opposed to "big government" but in truth wants a government that gets right into your life telling you how you must live.
Fortunately for you this is a shrinking segment, and support to equality in marriage is increasing dramatically
Please know you have the support of many of us heterosexuals as well.
Thank you very much for voicing your opinion on this topic. It truly is nice to hear or read rather. After all we are all sharing this beautiful earth that we live upon and hopefully one day we will all able to share it in peace. Thank you again :)

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Well, as usual.....you keep trying to tie procreation and marriage together and what you have NEVER understood is that that's not all that marriage is about......if it was, only those couples who could naturally procreate would be allowed that "SPECIAL" title......but in reality that's not ALL that marriage is about.......sucks to be you!!!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have made my automatic reply smaller to annoy others less
Yes he was impeached, partisan vote in the house
Yes it was a failure, partisan vote for acquittal in the senate
Yes the impeachment was a total and absolute failure, it accomplished nothing
You cannot tell us what the "intents and objectives listed in the impeachment" were. Or what the impeachers hoped to accomplish that turned out to be "a total and absolute failure".

You are of course very wrong. Clinton was successfully impeached. It's history. Look it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 150,141 - 150,160 of200,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Oakdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••