Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,161

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Winston Smiths dog

Alexandria, VA

#171344 Dec 14, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
dude he wasn't found guilty of impeachment. The trial is part of the process...
Dude! No one is found guilty or innocent of impeachment. Unless you're pointing a finger at the House. One is impeached. By the house. If the House is successful with the impeachment, then the house is "guilty" of impeaching the president. Then there is a hearing in the Senate. About the articles of impeachment.

Think in terms of being arraigned. If I am arraigned on murder charges and the arraignment is a success, I go to trial. If the arraignment is a failure I do not go to trial. I'm not arraigned during THAT trial. I am tried on the charges levied, successfully, during the arraignment. The arraignment isn't a failure if I go to trial.

Why is it necessary to keep discussing this?

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#171345 Dec 14, 2012
Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion.
I see you dancing. Dancing around the fact American citizens...ALL American citizens are due a full set of liberties unless those liberties produce harm and as of yet you have no proof of viable harm gay marriage causes.
You are really handing Hudson's backside to him on a platter!
Winston Smiths dog

Dumfries, VA

#171346 Dec 14, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
As I recall, the U.S. was attacked by al-Queda in Afghanistan. Had the Taliban handed him over to us, we would not have invaded the country, overthrown the Taliban, and killed bin Laden and many of his cronies.
As I recall, Saddam Hussein violated numerous U.N. resolutions on an almost daily basis. Had he simply left the country, we would not have invaded the Iraq, overthrown his dictatorship, and killed Hussein, his sons, and many of his cronies.
Both military actions were eminently justified.
Iraq,
Dude! The US was attacked by al Qaida in New York City. By no Afghan citizens. Saddam had nothing to do with the September 11 attacks and was, by all means, a stabilizing entity in the middle east. No, he wasn't a saint, but with his presence things were down to a dull roar. Had Bush II simply done what Clinton attempted, and failed to do, and Obama attempted and succeeded in doing we wouldn't be bringing body bags home from the middle east like we've been doing.

Think carefully on this one, Bush got us in, Obama continued his policies in the region. Bush started the fire, Obama failed to extinguish it. At least be reasonable and recognise the simple fact that once you chuck a large military presence into a country you It takes an eternity to leave. If it weren't for Bush's folly we might have a Republican in the oval office right now. We probably wouldn't have the mountain of debt that the two wars have created (note for the hard of thinking, Obama and Bush share credit).

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#171347 Dec 14, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, listen to yourself, grandly sweeping away any family associations, and inheritances...All we get (in your world) is to be Americans, forget who we are, where we come from, and forget how we, as a society, feel about certain portions of our citizenry. Then, I take it, all felons and convicts have a full set of rights, according to you, as they are Americans ? Forget that gays are outside the normal scope, and functioning in default of their design ?
Your hideous face is outside of the normal scope, but you don't have to be inside the normal scope to be protected by the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment. Lucky for you, huh?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#171348 Dec 14, 2012
Winston Smiths dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude! No one is found guilty or innocent of impeachment. Unless you're pointing a finger at the House. One is impeached. By the house. If the House is successful with the impeachment, then the house is "guilty" of impeaching the president. Then there is a hearing in the Senate. About the articles of impeachment.
Think in terms of being arraigned. If I am arraigned on murder charges and the arraignment is a success, I go to trial. If the arraignment is a failure I do not go to trial. I'm not arraigned during THAT trial. I am tried on the charges levied, successfully, during the arraignment. The arraignment isn't a failure if I go to trial.
Why is it necessary to keep discussing this?
Because "Big D" keeps harping on it insisting that Clinton's impeachment "failed". This "Karma" clown jumped in supporting him.

"Big D" is the mastermind here! He doesn't understand what impeachment means. Of course "Karma" doesn't either.

How ya doin' Winnie? How's that funny looking Harley running?

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#171349 Dec 14, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you. Take your own advice.
gee... i notice a gun lover like you killed children today... hmmm

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171350 Dec 14, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>gee... i notice a gun lover like you killed children today... hmmm
We feel your deep grief and compassion on this terrible day.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#171351 Dec 14, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
We feel your deep grief and compassion on this terrible day.
whatever dousche... what happened was a trajedy and exactly why no one needs assault weapons
Pending

Covina, CA

#171353 Dec 14, 2012
The day has almost come to an end.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#171357 Dec 15, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hideous face is outside of the normal scope, but you don't have to be inside the normal scope to be protected by the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment. Lucky for you, huh?
lol ... Wakanatabi posted your hideous face too. LMAO

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#171358 Dec 15, 2012
<quoted text>gee... i notice a gun lover like you killed children today... hmmm
What a shallow silly assessment!

I would say it was a desolate soul, not a 'gun lover'.

Know anyone like that?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171360 Dec 15, 2012
<quoted text>whatever dousche... what happened was a trajedy and exactly why no one needs assault weapons
Yes it was terrible. Innocent little children gunned down.

Have some class for once in your life and don't use this horrible tragedy to support your stupidity on a silly topix thread.

Mr. Hudson didn't do it for chrissakes. If I had to guess between the two of you who would be more likely to do this, it would be you.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171362 Dec 15, 2012
Is that dope Big D gonna post all day again today insisting that Clinton's impeachment failed?

Anyone know?
Impeachment Cobblers

Randallstown, MD

#171363 Dec 15, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Because "Big D" keeps harping on it insisting that Clinton's impeachment "failed". This "Karma" clown jumped in supporting him.
"Big D" is the mastermind here! He doesn't understand what impeachment means. Of course "Karma" doesn't either.
How ya doin' Winnie? How's that funny looking Harley running?
I'm fine. Thanks for asking.

That funny looking "HD" is doing well too. I need to pull the pod filters off and reinstall the OEM airbox to bring it fully back to stock (apart from the electronic ignition). It will run better after that (and putting stock jets back in) as there is now a mismatch of aspiration and expulsion of gases since the 4 into 1 header was replaced with OEM pipes.

How do ya like my new name?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171364 Dec 15, 2012
Impeachment Cobblers wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm fine. Thanks for asking.
That funny looking "HD" is doing well too. I need to pull the pod filters off and reinstall the OEM airbox to bring it fully back to stock (apart from the electronic ignition). It will run better after that (and putting stock jets back in) as there is now a mismatch of aspiration and expulsion of gases since the 4 into 1 header was replaced with OEM pipes.
How do ya like my new name?
It's cool! In honor of "Big D" and me? As you know we love to jovially discuss Clinton's impeachment for hours on end. Can't get enough!

Wish I kept my old Kawasaki, I thought it was silly back when I owned it and wished I had a Harley.

Have fun with your ride.

P.S. Maybe "Big D" will have some more input on the impeachment today!
Impeachment Cobblers

Randallstown, MD

#171365 Dec 15, 2012
<quoted text>whatever dousche... what happened was a trajedy and exactly why no one needs assault weapons
Lilith, of course no one "needs" assault weapons. Likewise, I don't "need" a garage full of motorcycles, but I sure don't want some total stranger telling me I can't have them. And I really don't want some legislative body to make a criminal out of me with the stroke of a pen.

I know a number of sensible gun owners. I don't know a single homicidal lunatic that would go on a rampage killing innocent little kids. Not one. I'm going to go out on a limb here and make the claim that the vast majority of gun owners are decent sensible people. At least the ones who obtained their guns through legal channels.

So, in effect, you call for the punishment of the majority based upon the actions of an incredibly tiny minority. There are two problems with this mehod IMHO. You punish a large segment of the population who've not done anything. And you do nothing, not one teensy weensy little thing to prevent the next tragedy. Where there is a will there is a way. If he hadn't had a gun he could've sat in the parking lot and waited for school to let out and killed just as many kids with an SUV.

I was listening to the radio all day yesterday and there were some fairly not well thought out solutions offered up by the public. A new look a the second amendment was suggested. Putting a single armed security guard was suggested. Metal detectors at entrances were suggested. All reactionary BS that would only serve to incrase costs, hamper learning, and offer no net benefit.

I've already covered the second amendment approach.

One armed guard would have had to have been, by chance, in the first room the young man entered to have made a difference. Or you could argue for one in every class room. At a living wage that would kill budgets. Or would you want a minimum wage earner at the ready?

Metal detectors? Seriously! By the time every kid goes through successfully with any variety of items that aren't dangerous that set them off, the day would be over an it would be time to go home. OOOOO! Here's an argument for home schooling for everyone. Then we can turn into a nation of fat unsocialized poorly educated dough balls.

The bottom line is that people are going to commit horrible acts. As long as we walk the face of the earth, some of us are going to do some pretty awful stuff. You cannot legislate this out of the population. Just be thankful it is a tiny minority of us that are capable of such things.
Impeachment Cobblers

Randallstown, MD

#171366 Dec 15, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
It's cool! In honor of "Big D" and me? As you know we love to jovially discuss Clinton's impeachment for hours on end. Can't get enough!
Wish I kept my old Kawasaki, I thought it was silly back when I owned it and wished I had a Harley.
Have fun with your ride.
P.S. Maybe "Big D" will have some more input on the impeachment today!
Refresh my memory...

Was that Kawi a two stroke or a four stroke? Kawi always tuned their stuff to the max right out of the box. It didn't do much for reliability (Honda as notorious for reliability at the expense of some of the excitement), but it sure made for a wild ride. Especially the H2 750 triple. AKA widowmakers and flexiflyers.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#171367 Dec 15, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are confusing my posts with yours/dans, you'll have to provide a post # for an example. I did not say that, you/dan did...
Im not.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#171368 Dec 15, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to read some of my prior posts, to see examples of harm. I do not dance, I get right to the point, as I have previously stated, and done.
You showed no harm in gay marriage. And yet here you are trying to dance around that as well.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#171369 Dec 15, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
As I recall, the U.S. was attacked by al-Queda in Afghanistan. Had the Taliban handed him over to us, we would not have invaded the country, overthrown the Taliban, and killed bin Laden and many of his cronies.
As I recall, Saddam Hussein violated numerous U.N. resolutions on an almost daily basis. Had he simply left the country, we would not have invaded the Iraq, overthrown his dictatorship, and killed Hussein, his sons, and many of his cronies.
Both military actions were eminently justified.
Iraq,
had the US not trained, armed and pissed off bin ladden with our FUBAR foriegn policy, he most likly would have not attacked the US. As for Iraq, Hussein complied with UN resoultions. The simple fact remains not one WMD was found, that alone was the reason Bush went to war. Unless one finds the real reason, he wanted finish what his daddy didn't.

Clinton got a BJ........wow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New OAKDALE Fema Concentration camps being buil... (Nov '08) 19 hr classified1234 12
Review: A & A Temporary Fencing (Jun '14) Thu Matt Dalek 2
Obamaa s Action on Immigration Praised in Modesto Dec 3 stell88 1
1980's Restaurant; Rax or Arbies? (Jul '06) Nov 23 xsturgeonx 3
Turlock candidate has long history in Stanislau... (Oct '06) Nov '14 Joe 6
Walmart in Oakdale? (Aug '07) Nov '14 Riverbank resident 13
Any Milfs In The Modesto-Merced Area? (May '13) Nov '14 missymarie 9
Oakdale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oakdale News, Events & Info