Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,173

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#171280 Dec 14, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
There are lots of them. Everyone has seen them.
You say Clinton's impeachment failed. If it failed, he wasn't impeached you dolt.
What a dope!
That you don't understand what impeachment means is the root of your stupidity and your embarrassment at being wrong is the driving force.
How do you like that psychobabble Dr. Phil?
WOOHOO!
apparently you don't understand the impeachment process.

impeachment is like an indictment....in simple terms charges brought up on....

Clinton was impeached by the House of Representative but he wasn't convicted in the Senate

ergo the impeachment process was not completed

Clinton's impeachment failed.......

kinda like when someone is brought up on charges and found innocent...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#171281 Dec 14, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton was impeached by the House of Representative but he wasn't convicted in the Senate
The impeachment ends with the House. Go read the Constitution. Impeachment is nothing more than being formally charged.

The trial is a separate process which occurs in the Senate.

The "impeachment process" begins and ends with the House.

"The House of Representatives shall ... and shall have the sole power of impeachment." US Constitution Article I Sec 2

"The Senate shall have the sole power to try all impeachments. " US Constitution Article I Sec 3

Now how could the Senate try an impeachment if it failed?

So yes, it is clear that you do not understand the "impeachment process."
Gloo

Covina, CA

#171282 Dec 14, 2012
Hasn't been this good since YESTERDAY.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#171283 Dec 14, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
The impeachment ends with the House. Go read the Constitution. Impeachment is nothing more than being formally charged.
"The House of Representatives shall ... and shall have the sole power of impeachment." US Constitution Article I Sec 2
"The Senate shall have the sole power to try all impeachments. " US Constitution Article I Sec 3
Or you could continue to read the constitution and know more than you do now.

Article 1 Section 3

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#171284 Dec 14, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't.

It didn't fail. The House has the sole power of impeachment. The Senate cannot fail an impeachment. They can only try it. They did. And they acquitted Clinton. The process was completed. This in no way "fails" the House's impeachment. He was impeached he still is impeached.

Big D

Modesto, CA

#171285 Dec 14, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't.
It didn't fail. The House has the sole power of impeachment. The Senate cannot fail an impeachment. They can only try it. They did. And they acquitted Clinton. The process was completed. This in no way "fails" the House's impeachment. He was impeached he still is impeached.
Yes he was impeached and still impeached, however the impeachment failed the vote in the senate and not a single penalty listed in the impeachment was implemented.

Same with Andrew Johnson

both of them ended up failures and not achieving any of their stated objectives.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171286 Dec 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you could continue to read the constitution and know more than you do now.
Article 1 Section 3
The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments.
Quit your lying, you know that I know Article 2 very well. See how you lie?

The Senate cannot fail the House's impeachment, that is the House's sole power. The Senate can only try it. You insist the impeachment "failed in the Senate" it did not. It was tried in the Senate. They acquitted. This in no way fails the House's impeachment. You are wrong.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171287 Dec 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he was impeached and still impeached, however the impeachment failed the vote in the senate and not a single penalty listed in the impeachment was implemented.
Same with Andrew Johnson
both of them ended up failures and not achieving any of their stated objectives.
You're changing your tune jackass liar. Now you're saying the vote failed. Before you said that the impeachment failed.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#171288 Dec 14, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit your lying, you know that I know Article 2 very well. See how you lie?
The Senate cannot fail the House's impeachment, that is the House's sole power. The Senate can only try it. You insist the impeachment "failed in the Senate" it did not. It was tried in the Senate. They acquitted. This in no way fails the House's impeachment. You are wrong.
you can argue with the constitution all you like.. I donít care Liar Mike

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#171289 Dec 14, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't.
dude he wasn't found guilty of impeachment. The trial is part of the process...

"A process that is used to charge, try, and remove public officials for misconduct while in office.

Impeachment is a fundamental constitutional power belonging to Congress. This safeguard against corruption can be initiated against federal officeholders from the lowest cabinet member, all the way up to the president and the chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. Besides providing the authority for impeachment, the U.S. Constitution details the methods to be used. The two-stage process begins in the House of Representatives with a public inquiry into allegations. It culminates, if necessary, with a trial in the Senate. State constitutions model impeachment processes for state officials on this approach. At both the federal and state levels, impeachment is rare: From the passage of the Constitution to the mid-1990s, only 50 impeachment proceedings were initiated, and only a third of these went as far as a trial in the Senate. The reluctance of lawmakers to use this power is a measure of its gravity; it is generally only invoked by evidence of criminality or substantial abuse of power."

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

again it appears to be you who doesn't understand the legal definition of impeachment and the process
Big D

Modesto, CA

#171290 Dec 14, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
dude he wasn't found guilty of impeachment. The trial is part of the process...
"A process that is used to charge, try, and remove public officials for misconduct while in office.
Impeachment is a fundamental constitutional power belonging to Congress. This safeguard against corruption can be initiated against federal officeholders from the lowest cabinet member, all the way up to the president and the chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. Besides providing the authority for impeachment, the U.S. Constitution details the methods to be used. The two-stage process begins in the House of Representatives with a public inquiry into allegations. It culminates, if necessary, with a trial in the Senate. State constitutions model impeachment processes for state officials on this approach. At both the federal and state levels, impeachment is rare: From the passage of the Constitution to the mid-1990s, only 50 impeachment proceedings were initiated, and only a third of these went as far as a trial in the Senate. The reluctance of lawmakers to use this power is a measure of its gravity; it is generally only invoked by evidence of criminality or substantial abuse of power."
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...
again it appears to be you who doesn't understand the legal definition of impeachment and the process
Wow, you are more eloquent than I am, I donít think it will help him... but very well said.
Gloo

Covina, CA

#171291 Dec 14, 2012
The more you talk about it the worse it gets.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171292 Dec 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you are more eloquent than I am, I donít think it will help him... but very well said.
And AK is more eloquent than I, so I'll cut and paste his post on this-

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171293 Dec 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Eloquence schmeloquence. It's a cut and paste job. But notice he didn't say the impeachment failed. Because it didn't. If it had it wouldn't have gone to the Senate.

But you know this. Which is why you are changing your tune from "the impeachment failed in the Senate" to "the impeachment failed to get the votes in the Senate". Which is still wrong. They don't vote to "pass" or "fail" the impeachment. Only to convict or acquit.

You remain a devious liar and a jackass!

FUN STUFF!
Gloo

Covina, CA

#171294 Dec 14, 2012
Those idiot Republicans an Tea Party nuts are seasoned just right with their ideas, buring on a wood piles.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#171297 Dec 14, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Eloquence schmeloquence. It's a cut and paste job. But notice he didn't say the impeachment failed. Because it didn't. If it had it wouldn't have gone to the Senate.
But you know this. Which is why you are changing your tune from "the impeachment failed in the Senate" to "the impeachment failed to get the votes in the Senate". Which is still wrong. They don't vote to "pass" or "fail" the impeachment. Only to convict or acquit.
You remain a devious liar and a jackass!
FUN STUFF!
Well, he knows what he is talking about, you are still a moron.

I have never changed my tune liar, not once have I ever said he was not impeached, not once Liar

Yes it failed to get the votes and died there. and not a single penalty spelled out in the impeachment was actually implemented, 100% failure.

It died in the Senate
WaggingFinger

Covina, CA

#171298 Dec 14, 2012
Tey must have a liflock on their tongues.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#171299 Dec 14, 2012
WaggingFinger wrote:
Tey must have a liflock on their tongues.
ROFLMAO

yeah.,..im tired of it, but I dont think Liar Mike ever will be

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171300 Dec 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he knows what he is talking about, you are still a moron.
I have never changed my tune liar, not once have I ever said he was not impeached, not once Liar
Yes it failed to get the votes and died there. and not a single penalty spelled out in the impeachment was actually implemented, 100% failure.
It died in the Senate
Yes liar you're changing your tune from the impeachment "failed in the Senate" to "failed to get the votes and died there."

Neither is true. It didn't fail. It failed to get the votes to convict is what you mean.

And it did not "die" in the Senate. It was tried in the Senate.

It "died"! Too FUNNY!

What a dope!

P.S. You can produce evidence of any lying by me anytime otherwise your accusations are groundless and ridiculous.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#171301 Dec 14, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes liar you're changing your tune from the impeachment "failed in the Senate" to "failed to get the votes and died there."
Neither is true. It didn't fail. It failed to get the votes to convict is what you mean.
And it did not "die" in the Senate. It was tried in the Senate.
It "died"! Too FUNNY!
What a dope!
P.S. You can produce evidence of any lying by me anytime otherwise your accusations are groundless and ridiculous.
you are so close to understanding it

yeah.. it didnít get the votes it needed to apply any of the penalties within it

Yeah no penalty in it was actually applied

yeah.. it went to the Senate, and nothing whatsoever happened to it or Clinton because of it after that.

You know all that, and still call it a success

Maybe we just have very different understanding of the word success

The only accusation I have made against you we have covered in another forum, you have retracted a statement you made, Iím done with that as long as you donít misreport what I say again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Available for dating Bachelorette (Dec '13) Sat KeS 2
New OAKDALE Fema Concentration camps being buil... (Nov '08) Thu classified1234 12
Review: A & A Temporary Fencing (Jun '14) Dec 18 Matt Dalek 2
Obamaa s Action on Immigration Praised in Modesto Dec 3 stell88 1
1980's Restaurant; Rax or Arbies? (Jul '06) Nov 23 xsturgeonx 3
Turlock candidate has long history in Stanislau... (Oct '06) Nov '14 Joe 6
Walmart in Oakdale? (Aug '07) Nov '14 Riverbank resident 13
Oakdale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oakdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oakdale