Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#170023 Dec 5, 2012
KiMare wrote:
Marriage laws at their core exist to tie men to responsibility to their children.
A gay person cannot be put in this position. He/she cannot abandon his/her offspring that were naturally created with a same sex partner.
Marriage is about responsibility, not privilege. Each party has a duty to the other.
Traditionally the man had the responsibility to provide and protect and women had to be faithful and nurture. The laws were designed to support the natural order.
Homosexual relations cannot be part of this natural order because they do not give life and do not need protection the same way that life giving relations do.
:-)
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd isn't it that a significant number of fathers beat, kill or leave their offspring.
And they don't care if they leave the marriage.
Given that doesn't it make your ignorant blanket statement as dumb as claiming Florida oranges are in the animal kingdom?
LOL!!!
What idiotic gay twirl!

"A SIGNIFICANT number of fathers beat, kill or leave"?

Really.

What would that have to do with the facts I stated? You have no answer so you make a ad homoan attack with a twist of lie?

Please, be specific, how does your claim related to any specific point I made.

As to yours, speaking of oranges in the animal kingdom, FAR less fathers beat, kill or leave their children than do non-biological substitutes. Ever hear of the Cinderella Effect?

Furthermore, those behaviors are in conflict with every single aspect of fatherhood and masculinity. A severe disqualification.

No LOL, but Smirk.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#170024 Dec 5, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you in turn emblazon your car with gay pride stickers only to advise those looking that you're anti-gay?
Your buddy Bill does!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#170025 Dec 5, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
*Sniff*
**Sniff**
The world is so unfair....
HaK machine works

Covina, CA

#170026 Dec 5, 2012
Never can tell when someone posts over because they don't enjoy the previous posting.
Armey

Covina, CA

#170029 Dec 5, 2012
In a move not publicly announced, former Rep. Dick Armey, the folksy conservative leader, has resigned as chairman of FreedomWorks,

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#170030 Dec 5, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
While his pipes are piping tonight...
Bill's real silly. Always posts stuff putting down straights, forgetting he's straight himself!

Funny!
Plasork

Covina, CA

#170031 Dec 5, 2012
Put a cork in it, the matter has already been settled.

Gays etc. can marry!@

End of story, get a life and move on with it.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#170032 Dec 5, 2012
Plasork wrote:
Put a cork in it, the matter has already been settled.
Gays etc. can marry!@
End of story, get a life and move on with it.
You go first. Stay away for 1 month then I will. OK jackass?
Jone Rivers

Covina, CA

#170036 Dec 5, 2012
Jone Rivers has been a supporter.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#170037 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for showing everyone you are an idiot.
Thank you for showing everyone you can't counter my argument, so you just call me a name.

Los Angeles, CA

#170038 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do not believe in the right of succession?
Our founders did.
They are all worm poop now.
They believed in slavery, denying women the vote, killing Natives and taking their land.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#170039 Dec 5, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for showing everyone you can't counter my argument, so you just call me a name.
Thank you for always amusing us with your silly nonsense.

Tell me the one about equal rights only applies to gender.

And the only morons care about children one.

Funny stuff! HAHA!

Los Angeles, CA

#170040 Dec 5, 2012
Still waiting for a rational argument against gay marriage...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#170041 Dec 5, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I would be more than happy to take away your ability to vote
We have been a democratic republic from the beginning, back to school with you.
Our founders knew too well the danger of a pure democracy, the same as with a pure republic. The examples in history are vivid. Most of the quotes you find are them arguing with those that wanted a pure democracy. The balance between the two is not perfect, but safer than either.
We are a Republic, not a Democracy Dan. You should learn the difference.

Poor Dan, has such a had time admitting he is wrong. Look, he is arguing with the founders now..
"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself."- John Adams
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
Benjamin Franklin
"We are a Republican Government, Real liberty is never found in despotism or in the extremes of democracy...it has been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable would be the most perfect government. Experience has proved that no position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity."- Alexander Hamilton
"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%." Thomas Jefferson
"Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their death."- James Madison
"We may define a republic to be - a government which derives all its powers directly or indirectly from the great body of the people, and is administered by persons holding their offices during pleasure for a limited period, or during good behavior. It is essential to such a government that it be derived from the great body of the society, not from an inconsiderable proportion or a favored class of it: otherwise a handful of tyrannical nobles, exercising their oppressions by a delegation of their powers, might aspire to the rank of republicans and claim for their government the honorable title of republic."- James Madison
"Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos."- John Marshall
You were saying Dan??

Location hidden

#170042 Dec 5, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You must first make a valid argument if you wish for someone to counter it Rose.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#170043 Dec 5, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Sure sign of mental illness, waiting for something you insist doesn't exist!

You're stupid. Not our problem, toots.

Location hidden

#170044 Dec 5, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
They are all worm poop now.
They believed in slavery, denying women the vote, killing Natives and taking their land.
Yet what they wrote STILL governs this Republic.

Location hidden

#170045 Dec 5, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Still waiting for you to say ANYTHING rational.

Los Angeles, CA

#170047 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You must first make a valid argument if you wish for someone to counter it Rose.
I did, but you couldn't counter it. LOLSER!

Los Angeles, CA

#170048 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet what they wrote STILL governs this Republic.
But, it's being interpreted differently, and much has been added.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr big meech 16,010
Crook in Arnold Sep 28 henry 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sep 28 No Time for Tea 5,084
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 27 Bucketeers 7,965
Review: 5 Star Auto Sales Inc (Aug '10) Sep 26 motownx 6
Gay People Sep 23 Bucket96 2
Pet Vet: Fleas become resistant to typical trea... Sep 22 Seth Ashford 1

Oakdale Jobs

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oakdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oakdale

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]