Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
148,901 - 148,920 of 200,360 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Slighted

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

What a waste of keypad pad pecking time to continue ther tide has turned in favor, so let it be and it will be worked out.
Slighted

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

It's a waste of keypad pecking time to continue this haggling.

Society has warmed to the idea and it's not going to back down.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
There are obviously people here that donít, requires English, when you have been in the country longer maybe you will understand it better.
I was "in country" before you were born. I understand English very well and some Vietnamese too. You're welcome for my service you ungrateful coward.

I suggest you don't attempt to insult other people's intelligence with your limited resources and sissy-ass background.

What a jerk!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way genius....a republic is a democratic institution by it's makeup.
The Founding Fathers made those comments given they knew an absolute democracy would not work in regards to the protection of individual rights of the citizens it contained.
Perhaps it's too deep for you to understand but that is a fact.
I'm working on a Dan impression. Let me know how this is, it's rough but it's a start:

Our government was formatted on a full set of liberties that causes no viable inherent harm amongst them. It is aspects dealing with the republic democratic institution by it's makeup they clamor for.

As far as freedoms which groups and some individuals clamor for they are reviewed on the basis of viable inherent harm and formatted on democratic priorities and a Democratic Republic dumbass.

Get lost punk. Geezus! LOL!!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Slighted wrote:
What a waste of keypad pad pecking time to continue ther tide has turned in favor, so let it be and it will be worked out.
Says the silly jackass troll as he pecks his ridiculous nonsense on 100 different threads!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm beat...
LOL!!!
Yep. Bye!

Too Funny!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I was "in country" before you were born. I understand English very well and some Vietnamese too. You're welcome for my service you ungrateful coward.
I suggest you don't attempt to insult other people's intelligence with your limited resources and sissy-ass background.
What a jerk!
No attempt needed, and you telling other not to insult will just have everyone laughing at you
DeNuts

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Nothing says it better then when you stop yapping Denuts.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No attempt needed, and you telling other not to insult will just have everyone laughing at you
I said ATTEMPT to insult jackass! Pay attention dummy! Or at least attempt to pay attention.

What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of laughs. We need some. Tell us how Clinton's impeachment "failed in the Senate"!

C'mon Big Dope! Tell us again!

Funny!
Reed

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

We really don't worry about the likes of you anymore!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Muskets, cannons, cavalries, brother killing brother over ideology, the decimation of the South, etc. was all related to the Civil War.
Are we discussing gay marriage or are we discussing the Civil War DUMBFUCK.
The inclusiuon of the 13th Amendment was used as an illustration to your dumb as a rock ass in explaining why the Amendments exist.
Now if you're so fucking lost in this topic of same sexed marriages that you want to discuss the fashions women wore in 1862 I suggest you find another thread moron.
Is it your opinion that- Lincoln, slavery, the southern states, and the 13th Amendment are NOT related to the Civil War?

Like I said Dan, you are like Rose, you try an post in cryptic noncommittal terms in an attempt to make it impossible for someone to call you out on your nonsense. The only problem- neither you or rose are smart enough to do so.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you to claim our nation was not based on democratic principles???
Really????
WOW. What an IDIOT your momma must have raised.
We are a Republic Dan, not a Democracy. You should learn the difference.

Poor Dan, has such a had time admitting he is wrong. Look, he is arguing with the founders now..
"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself."- John Adams
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
Benjamin Franklin
"We are a Republican Government, Real liberty is never found in despotism or in the extremes of democracy...it has been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable would be the most perfect government. Experience has proved that no position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity."- Alexander Hamilton
"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%." Thomas Jefferson
"Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their death."- James Madison
"We may define a republic to be - a government which derives all its powers directly or indirectly from the great body of the people, and is administered by persons holding their offices during pleasure for a limited period, or during good behavior. It is essential to such a government that it be derived from the great body of the society, not from an inconsiderable proportion or a favored class of it: otherwise a handful of tyrannical nobles, exercising their oppressions by a delegation of their powers, might aspire to the rank of republicans and claim for their government the honorable title of republic."- James Madison
"Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos."- John Marshall
You were saying Dan??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way genius....a republic is a democratic institution by it's makeup.
The Founding Fathers made those comments given they knew an absolute democracy would not work in regards to the protection of individual rights of the citizens it contained.
Perhaps it's too deep for you to understand but that is a fact.
We are a Republic, not a Democracy Dan. You should learn the difference.

Poor Dan, has such a had time admitting he is wrong. Look, he is arguing with the founders now..
"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself."- John Adams
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
Benjamin Franklin
"We are a Republican Government, Real liberty is never found in despotism or in the extremes of democracy...it has been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable would be the most perfect government. Experience has proved that no position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity."- Alexander Hamilton
"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%." Thomas Jefferson
"Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their death."- James Madison
"We may define a republic to be - a government which derives all its powers directly or indirectly from the great body of the people, and is administered by persons holding their offices during pleasure for a limited period, or during good behavior. It is essential to such a government that it be derived from the great body of the society, not from an inconsiderable proportion or a favored class of it: otherwise a handful of tyrannical nobles, exercising their oppressions by a delegation of their powers, might aspire to the rank of republicans and claim for their government the honorable title of republic."- James Madison
"Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos."- John Marshall
You were saying Dan??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
People, look up the term "democratic republic"
the US is the first example given.
We are both a democracy of the representative type, and a republic.
Yes, if you look up Democratic Republic in Websters Dictionary you will not find it, i doesn't exits. The only reference in the Democratic Republic of Yemen.

If you look it up on Wiki- you will find some nonsense about it being a hybrid of a republic and a democracy but all sources cited, which are only 2 are from 1997 and 2011. It is a made up term, and has nothing to do with the founding. You will find NOTHING in the writings of the founders referring to the US as anything other than a REPUBLIC. Not a Democracy, and not a Democratic Republic.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

onetimeatbandcamp wrote:
<quoted text>Why is this so surprising. Are you worried about the sanctity of marriage? What is the divorce rate at now? 60% or so? What a joke.
Now come on, they are desperately trying to preserve the sanctity of Brittany Spears 3 day "just for fun" marriage
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, if you look up Democratic Republic in Websters Dictionary you will not find it, i doesn't exits. The only reference in the Democratic Republic of Yemen.
If you look it up on Wiki- you will find some nonsense about it being a hybrid of a republic and a democracy but all sources cited, which are only 2 are from 1997 and 2011. It is a made up term, and has nothing to do with the founding. You will find NOTHING in the writings of the founders referring to the US as anything other than a REPUBLIC. Not a Democracy, and not a Democratic Republic.
LOL

I would be more than happy to take away your ability to vote

We have been a democratic republic from the beginning, back to school with you.

Our founders knew too well the danger of a pure democracy, the same as with a pure republic. The examples in history are vivid. Most of the quotes you find are them arguing with those that wanted a pure democracy. The balance between the two is not perfect, but safer than either.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Government is not required for marriage.

Smile.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
What's funny is, that he can type in that, and when I type in that same word, I get this: Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.
LOL!!!

...Well then....STOP.

LOL!
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
fffuqqqing gay.
Love your avitar.

And you say you're no 'rpo union'.

Interesting.

Do you in turn emblazon your car with gay pride stickers only to advise those looking that you're anti-gay?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oakdale Discussions

Search the Oakdale Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr Ban Central Station 4,895
Couple wants middle names to include 'Seamonster' 7 hr wichita-rick 6
Police: Naked intruder fell asleep in couple's bed 7 hr Ted Haggard s Gospel Rub 2
Walmart in Oakdale? (Aug '07) Jul 28 chris j 11
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 27 Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 27 Facts facts 15,927
•••
•••
•••
•••

Oakdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••