June 8 Primary Election: Did you vote?

Created by MagnoliaWarbler on Jun 8, 2010

581 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

LuC

Elk Grove, CA

#23 Jun 8, 2010
Even though it feels like it wont matter in the end, I like to have an opinion so I Voterd.
CheryCox IsAWeenie

Chula Vista, CA

#24 Jun 8, 2010
Ugghhhhhghghghghhg!!! Four more years of that incompetent butterball!

Guess the city will be laying off even more service workers!

“Ki Ki Ki Ki Ki Ki Ki!!!!”

Since: Jun 10

Chula Vista, CA

#25 Jun 8, 2010
MagnoliaWarbler wrote:
Do you vote in primary elections? My polling place was completely deserted this morning.
I'm going to eat you!

Since: May 10

Dago

#26 Jun 8, 2010
CheryCox IsAWeenie wrote:
Ugghhhhhghghghghhg!!! Four more years of that incompetent butterball!
Guess the city will be laying off even more service workers!
Thank god I no longer live in Chula Vista.
Anon

San Francisco, CA

#27 Jun 8, 2010
What a pathetic situation. Any dot com billionaire can win a primary, you just have to spend enough money. This plutocracy we have is absolutely revolting. It is not any better than the old fashioned aristocracies. At least there was no hypocrisy or pretense about the genesis of the aristocracy: it was based on lineage, familial and cordial, and subject to the whims and fiats of the monarch.

It wasn't graft and corruption and vote-buying and slimy partisan back room deals and "across the aisle handshakes" masquerading as democracy.
Politeman

Pittsburg, CA

#28 Jun 8, 2010
Go KRAMMER....
Brooks is a chevron lackie

“America & LEGAL Americans 1st”

Since: Aug 08

Chatsworth

#29 Jun 8, 2010
Anon wrote:
What a pathetic situation. Any dot com billionaire can win a primary, you just have to spend enough money. This plutocracy we have is absolutely revolting. It is not any better than the old fashioned aristocracies. At least there was no hypocrisy or pretense about the genesis of the aristocracy: it was based on lineage, familial and cordial, and subject to the whims and fiats of the monarch.
It wasn't graft and corruption and vote-buying and slimy partisan back room deals and "across the aisle handshakes" masquerading as democracy.
Spoken like a true Bay Area socialist. I'd rather they spend their own money for their campaign than mine or yours. To me, it shows commitment to their principles. If they really wanted to gain public office in the manner you envision they would use donations and none of their own.
Inspektor Friggen Gadget

Santa Clara, CA

#30 Jun 9, 2010
Go Meg... one more to go!

I'd rather she spend her own money as she did for her campaign than someone else's. Put your thinking cap on, Anon, and think about it. It demonstrates commitment to her principles.

Again, Anon, it's none of your business what she spends her personal money on. Why do you care? sheesh.

“Rockin the Republic”

Since: May 10

Pasadena

#31 Jun 9, 2010
WHITMAN ~ FIORINA = CLASSY and QUALIFIED

BROWN ~ BOXER = OUTDATED, STALE and PASSE'!
Anon

San Francisco, CA

#32 Jun 9, 2010
West Valley Dave Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true Bay Area socialist. I'd rather they spend their own money for their campaign than mine or yours. To me, it shows commitment to their principles. If they really wanted to gain public office in the manner you envision they would use donations and none of their own.
How does objecting to the elitist rich buying elections make me a socialist?

Public office should not be sold to the deepest pockets. Admit you hate democracy. At least be honest that what you like, is the system where elites run everything, simply because they have more money. That's called a plutocracy.

That's what you're saying, right?

“America & LEGAL Americans 1st”

Since: Aug 08

Chatsworth

#33 Jun 9, 2010
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
How does objecting to the elitist rich buying elections make me a socialist?
Public office should not be sold to the deepest pockets. Admit you hate democracy. At least be honest that what you like, is the system where elites run everything, simply because they have more money. That's called a plutocracy.
That's what you're saying, right?
That's not what I'm saying at all. What I am saying is that women like Whitman and Fiorina (or anyone else for that matter) who strongly feel they have something to offer by offering themselves for public service are willing to put their money where their mouth is. They didn't become wealthy by being stupid. Why else would they spend their millions for jobs that only pay a minute fraction of their "investment"? Why would they put themselves in a situation where there would be so many problems to deal with and be responsible for from day one?

And as far as "elites" running everything... how about your elitist democrats Moonbeam and Boxer? Elitists who think they know better what is good for us than we do ourselves. California and America are tired of their arrogance and mismanagement. Time for real hope and change.
Kudos

Norwalk, CA

#34 Jun 9, 2010
West Valley Dave Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I'm saying at all. What I am saying is that women like Whitman and Fiorina (or anyone else for that matter) who strongly feel they have something to offer by offering themselves for public service are willing to put their money where their mouth is. They didn't become wealthy by being stupid. Why else would they spend their millions for jobs that only pay a minute fraction of their "investment"? Why would they put themselves in a situation where there would be so many problems to deal with and be responsible for from day one?
And as far as "elites" running everything... how about your elitist democrats Moonbeam and Boxer? Elitists who think they know better what is good for us than we do ourselves. California and America are tired of their arrogance and mismanagement. Time for real hope and change.
Well said!
Winners

Hanford, CA

#35 Jun 9, 2010
Good going TEAM LEE:)
RealityBytes

Mountain View, CA

#36 Jun 9, 2010
As a moderate and someone who voted, I am extremely disappointed with the California electorate.

You have shown me that you will be duped into thinking that the right candidate was the one who is "more conservative" than the other not realizing that they are not conservative, but failed corporatists who are more interested in lining their pockets than helping you. You have proven to me that the woman who screams the loudest wins even if she has no facts to back her up or are not even successful in their chosen vocations.

You may think you are so smart voting for Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina, but look at their track records. Meg lead a company where you had to be a total moron to fail and left it in a state of anarchy and Carly Fiorina will be known in history as probably one of the most inept CEOs in history destroying not just two companies she lead (Lucent and HP), she destroyed countless more in order to line her own pocket. Both of these women are not going to help you -- they prided themselves in offshoring HIGH PAYING PROFESSIONAL JOBS to China and India where they will stay for the forseeable future.

What did you get out of this deal? A better job? Probably not. Did you get any money out of the transaction? Maybe some, but not a lot in the grand scheme of things. Chances are you are making about the same amount of money you did 10 years ago. Is that something you are proud of? Are you proud of the fact that our country will be sold to the lowest bidder. That is disgraceful and shameful and those who dare question me are fools.

Before you jump here are the facts. I am not a socialist -- I am a realist. I want everyone to win which means everyone does well. Carly and Meg don't want you to succeed because it means that they will put more money in their own coffers. They don't care about you -- they never have and they never will.

While Boxer and Brown may be "liberal", those "liberals" will save your ass when you need it most like right now.

I will be there in 2014 when you cry that you lost your job and can't find another one. I will be there when you say that your family can't afford to eat because those "damn _______s screwed us over." I will be there when you say it's the Democrats fault, but you can't say that because the Democrats won't be in power at that point.

You all are beyond disgusting and those of you who vote for these women rot in hell where you belong.
RealityBytes

Mountain View, CA

#37 Jun 9, 2010
You clearly have no idea what an elitist is. Meg and Carly made their money by stealing it from you and me. She sold our jobs overseas and they made off like queens.

If you don't understand why they want the job, let me explain it to you - it's all about power. Once you make a certain amount of money, it's not about the money anymore. It's about control -- if it means hurting others, so be it.

At least Brown and Boxer despite their flaws do want what's best for everyone in the grand scheme of things.
West Valley Dave Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I'm saying at all. What I am saying is that women like Whitman and Fiorina (or anyone else for that matter) who strongly feel they have something to offer by offering themselves for public service are willing to put their money where their mouth is. They didn't become wealthy by being stupid. Why else would they spend their millions for jobs that only pay a minute fraction of their "investment"? Why would they put themselves in a situation where there would be so many problems to deal with and be responsible for from day one?
And as far as "elites" running everything... how about your elitist democrats Moonbeam and Boxer? Elitists who think they know better what is good for us than we do ourselves. California and America are tired of their arrogance and mismanagement. Time for real hope and change.
RealityBytes

Mountain View, CA

#38 Jun 9, 2010
WHITMAN + FIORINA = two women who will destroy our state as we know it. They have destroyed the companies they lead in the name of lining their pockets -- ask anyone who worked for these organizations. Even the most conservative person can't honestly say that they were better off by working for these fascist tyrants.

BROWN + BOXER = two people who will save your ass when the time comes.
Republic Rocker wrote:
WHITMAN ~ FIORINA = CLASSY and QUALIFIED
BROWN ~ BOXER = OUTDATED, STALE and PASSE'!
Anon

San Francisco, CA

#39 Jun 9, 2010
West Valley Dave Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I'm saying at all. What I am saying is that women like Whitman and Fiorina (or anyone else for that matter) who strongly feel they have something to offer by offering themselves for public service are willing to put their money where their mouth is. They didn't become wealthy by being stupid. Why else would they spend their millions for jobs that only pay a minute fraction of their "investment"? Why would they put themselves in a situation where there would be so many problems to deal with and be responsible for from day one?
And as far as "elites" running everything... how about your elitist democrats Moonbeam and Boxer? Elitists who think they know better what is good for us than we do ourselves. California and America are tired of their arrogance and mismanagement. Time for real hope and change.
So you deny the label elitist to these billionaires and then who does that leave? If they aren't who is?

They ARE the elite, maybe you have some kind of agenda to promote them otherwise, but they are certainly not "of the people".

There's always something in it for these people. Whatever it is, is will be something.

You seem to have a great desire to exchange one elitist horse for another. It doesn't make much difference.
Anon

San Francisco, CA

#40 Jun 9, 2010
RealityBytes wrote:
You clearly have no idea what an elitist is. Meg and Carly made their money by stealing it from you and me. She sold our jobs overseas and they made off like queens.
If you don't understand why they want the job, let me explain it to you - it's all about power. Once you make a certain amount of money, it's not about the money anymore. It's about control -- if it means hurting others, so be it.
At least Brown and Boxer despite their flaws do want what's best for everyone in the grand scheme of things.
<quoted text>
ughh, Brown and Boxer are the worst kind of elitists; the hypocritical do gooder elitist. What they want is dangerous redistributive socialism, and as much as they can impose.

No thanks.
DeportOrlyTaitz

Mountain View, CA

#41 Jun 9, 2010
BZZZT - Brown and Boxer are not elitists.
What exactly do you mean is "dangerous redistributive socialism" anyways? Smells something like Glen Beck or Rush Limbaugh would say -- then again, they never back up their facts ...
You're a tool.
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
ughh, Brown and Boxer are the worst kind of elitists; the hypocritical do gooder elitist. What they want is dangerous redistributive socialism, and as much as they can impose.
No thanks.
Jezz

Tipton, CA

#42 Jun 9, 2010
RealityBytes wrote:
As a moderate and someone who voted, I am extremely disappointed with the California electorate.
You have shown me that you will be duped into thinking that the right candidate was the one who is "more conservative" than the other not realizing that they are not conservative, but failed corporatists who are more interested in lining their pockets than helping you. You have proven to me that the woman who screams the loudest wins even if she has no facts to back her up or are not even successful in their chosen vocations.
You may think you are so smart voting for Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina, but look at their track records. Meg lead a company where you had to be a total moron to fail and left it in a state of anarchy and Carly Fiorina will be known in history as probably one of the most inept CEOs in history destroying not just two companies she lead (Lucent and HP), she destroyed countless more in order to line her own pocket. Both of these women are not going to help you -- they prided themselves in offshoring HIGH PAYING PROFESSIONAL JOBS to China and India where they will stay for the forseeable future.
What did you get out of this deal? A better job? Probably not. Did you get any money out of the transaction? Maybe some, but not a lot in the grand scheme of things. Chances are you are making about the same amount of money you did 10 years ago. Is that something you are proud of? Are you proud of the fact that our country will be sold to the lowest bidder. That is disgraceful and shameful and those who dare question me are fools.
Before you jump here are the facts. I am not a socialist -- I am a realist. I want everyone to win which means everyone does well. Carly and Meg don't want you to succeed because it means that they will put more money in their own coffers. They don't care about you -- they never have and they never will.
While Boxer and Brown may be "liberal", those "liberals" will save your ass when you need it most like right now.
I will be there in 2014 when you cry that you lost your job and can't find another one. I will be there when you say that your family can't afford to eat because those "damn _______s screwed us over." I will be there when you say it's the Democrats fault, but you can't say that because the Democrats won't be in power at that point.
You all are beyond disgusting and those of you who vote for these women rot in hell where you belong.
Hell Yes!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New OAKDALE Fema Concentration camps being buil... (Nov '08) 1 hr classified1234 12
Review: A & A Temporary Fencing (Jun '14) 6 hr Matt Dalek 2
Obamaa s Action on Immigration Praised in Modesto Dec 3 stell88 1
1980's Restaurant; Rax or Arbies? (Jul '06) Nov 23 xsturgeonx 3
Turlock candidate has long history in Stanislau... (Oct '06) Nov '14 Joe 6
Walmart in Oakdale? (Aug '07) Nov '14 Riverbank resident 13
Any Milfs In The Modesto-Merced Area? (May '13) Nov '14 missymarie 9
Oakdale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oakdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oakdale

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:12 pm PST