Riverbank teen hit by car, killed

Aug 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Modesto Bee

According to the California Highway Patrol, Austin Lundberg, 16, was walking along the road with another person when the accident happened at 9:45 p.m. Leonardo Mendez, 26, of Riverbank was driving a 1996 Nissan Maxima east on Morrill at about 45 to 50 mph.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Joe Evans

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

This was a beautiful young man, a member of our family that will never be replaced or forgotten! I pray for his mom and dad, she an I grew up together and although I didn't get as much time with this talented young man as I should have, I know what he meant to this family! God be with you guys! Austin, I will see you again some day where the world won't be such a negative and ugly place! You are a star that will never fade! We love you forever! RIP Austin Jesse lundberg!!!
Tina Holman

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

I am a friend of his grandmother Leanna and I would like to say I am so sorry for your loss.I had just recently met Austin while visiting his grandparents in hemet.He seemed to be happy and very outgoing.May you rest in peace Austin and I will keep his family in my prayers.
sharon gonzalez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

I never had the pleasure to meet Austin, but I know his mother and how proudly she talked about her son. She is one of the aids in my grandsons deaf and hard of hearing classroom. She is a amazing lady! My deepest sympathy goes out to his family. Sending prayers to your family. God bless u all.
soto

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Sorry for the loss but what were they doing walking at,that time i think this was an accident and person who was driving shouldnt be sentenced
Jamie

Santa Rosa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Soto- Yes it was an accident but if the guy had his headlights on Austin would have seen him coming. He was 17 years old. Why wouldn't he be walking down the street with his friend to pick peaches at 9:45 in his neighborhood. That was a rotten statement and an insensitive 'sorry but". Especially when all you see here is his family sharing their grief. Get a life and think before you talk. Ass hole. An accidental shooting still kills someone and there should still be consequences for not paying attention or following the law. The dude saw Austins mom and ran instead of wrapping his arms around her. Coward.
Austin Jess

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Hey I am Ghost I miss my Family

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Oakdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••