Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Warren Buffet invests in old stable companies like Gillette and Coca Cola. Then he sells options to stupid people and makes a huge fortune.
Thank you. He manipulates the market for his personal gain.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn’t support stupid tea bagger ideas, that makes him the enemy.
if he was saying something else they would be singing his praises
all political, no actual thought goes into it.
Here I thought you liberals were mad at wall street greed and big banks? Now you are not? make up your mind.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Warren Buffet invests in old stable companies like Gillette and Coca Cola. Then he sells options to stupid people and makes a huge fortune.
we who wanted tax rates to go back up on the welathy, owe him a debt of gratitude..

he pointed out that his secretary pays a higher percentage of his income that warren did....

any billionaire who is advocating raising rates on the wealthy and gives billions TO philanthrpic software moguls is OK in my book....

and has earned his corporate jet....

see, im ok with capitalism??

if the billionaires are not FIGHTING toooth and nail over EVERY SINGLE million dollars they make off us....
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Here I thought you liberals were mad at wall street greed and big banks? Now you are not? make up your mind.
it all depend on how they act....

if they give back to society like mr buffet and mr gates do??

then they get to keep playing the game.

if they act like the koch brothers and try to BUY the whitehouse or break up unions?? JUST so they can make MORE money??

then they suck...and must be exposed...

but every billionaire has dirty laundry??

right? it is the nature of the game...

his company has to pay a fine in the AIG debaucle...

but unlike BP.....they learned their lesson...
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. He manipulates the market for his personal gain.
that is wHAT all the wealthy folks do>>>

it is the nature of capitalism...

why are you so naive this morning??

weak coffee??

you are a craven toady to the rich. in that you sheild them from critisizim and them defend their incomes....

I think warren knew he would continue to make billions regardless of how mauch money he gave away......bill gates too.

I think you should take a lesson in generosity from them?

Ive seen no other billionaires pledge that kinda money...
FanDango

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Lots of concrete for those shoes.

Maybe it's a good time to get a deposit on the swimming lessons being sold to GOP, Republicans and alike in Congress?
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Most major islands accept gay marriage
I laughed so hard when some very right wing friends of mine talked about moving to Australia, until I mentioned the atheist PM and universal health care. The look on their faces, you would think I told them Santa didn’t exist.
this country is truly their only safe haven...

and we are going to be drifting left too, economically and socially keeps doubling down on stoopid...

it is like they were the best gift ever to progressives like me!!

.....and then there is GWBush, who will be remembered not just for tanking the economy and starting two wars he couldnt end??

he will be remembered as the captain of the titanic...his party.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

I meant to say...if the tea baggers keep doubling down on stooopid.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Imagine a Republican president regularly invoking the wisdom of a multibillionaire businessman who had profited off companies with questionable business practices, and who law-enforcement officials had recently asked to provide information about his own company’s questionable practices. No question about it: Democrats and the media would be having a field day.

So why do we hear so little about the dark side of Warren Buffett?

I’ve never seen a business figure get such a free pass from the media even when his public pronouncements are oozing with hypocrisy, let alone when he steps over the line into sleaze — as Buffett has done on more than one occasion.

But then “St. Warren” wears his liberal politics on his sleeve: He wholeheartedly backed Obama back in 2008, and now is lending his name (and his secretary’s) to Obama’s cockamamie tax scheme, a k a the Buffett Rule — which would barely make a dent in the federal deficit, but would certainly squeeze small-business owners and other job-creators.

He decries the fact that rich investors like him get taxed mainly at the lower capital-gains rate of 15 percent. Yet he made his vast fortune enjoying that favorable treatment, and largely kept his mouth shut until now, as he nears the end of his long career. Plus, he plans to use a charitable trust to further shield much of his income from taxes.
Gluck Gluck

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

That must be another tea party member doubling down.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

It’s also hard to believe that any conservative businessman who was just interviewed by the Securities and Exchange Commission over some corporate sleaze would be getting invitations to the White House, much less be touted at the State of the Union Address.

The SEC interviewed Buffett last year over one of the most sordid corporate affairs ever seen in a long time: His longtime aide and one-time heir-apparent bought shares in a company called Lubrizol just before Buffett purchased the outfit.

The executive, David Sokol, made a hefty profit from the purchase, and even advised Buffett to buy the company in the first place.

Insider trading? I can’t say if it was outside the law. But the SEC is looking into the matter.(SEC and Sokol spokesmen declined to comment on the probe’s status; Buffett didn’t return repeated calls seeking comment.)

Yet I don’t recall any major media outfit bringing up the sordid affair while Buffett was lecturing the nation on tax fairness. Nor did any jump on Buffett’s bizarre initial reaction as Sokol was resigning from Berkshire last year: He defended Sokol’s actions — which, even if they weren’t illegal, still smack of the kind of corporate favoritism that Obama and the rest of the left continually denounce.

Buffett later issued a statement that, after reviewing the facts, he’d changed his mind: What Sokol did was bad, after all. But why did it take Buffett so long to realize that corporate cronyism reeks?

You’ve also got to ask why the president has embraced a businessman with this type of record — and why the media are letting him get away with it.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Buffett is free to send a check to the US Treasury, why hasn't he?

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Some 20,000 middle-class jobs could have immediately come from Obama's approval of the Keystone XL pipeline from Canada, with hundreds of thousands more created over the project's lifetime. Yet he shut it down, even while he claimed in his address that he supported an "all of the above" energy strategy.

Now Bakken producers say they'll be dependent on railway tank cars — Buffett's railway tank cars.

Many of the rail shipments from the Bakken fields are being handled by Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway Co., which has more than 1,000 miles of track in the region.

Buffett's holding company, Berkshire Hathaway, has agreed to buy BNSF in a deal valuing the railroad at $34 billion. Berkshire already owns 22% of Burlington Northern and will pay $100 a share in cash and stock for the rest.

How convenient?

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Warren Buffett says he paid only $7 million in taxes last year. But, he fails to mention that he owns something like 23% of Berkshire Hathaway, and in 2010, Berkshire Hathaway's income tax expense was $5.6B.

Therefore, Warren Buffett's pro-rata share of Berkshire Hathaway's income tax expense was more than one billion dollars.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
Warren Buffett says he paid only $7 million in taxes last year. But, he fails to mention that he owns something like 23% of Berkshire Hathaway, and in 2010, Berkshire Hathaway's income tax expense was $5.6B.
Therefore, Warren Buffett's pro-rata share of Berkshire Hathaway's income tax expense was more than one billion dollars.
LOL

You really don’t know how tax works to you.

The people feeding you this line probably do know but are aware that you don’t know. So it is a way they can lie to you and you will believe it because you so desperately want to.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
Some 20,000 middle-class jobs could have immediately come from Obama's approval of the Keystone XL pipeline from Canada, with hundreds of thousands more created over the project's lifetime. Yet he shut it down, even while he claimed in his address that he supported an "all of the above" energy strategy.
Now Bakken producers say they'll be dependent on railway tank cars — Buffett's railway tank cars.
Many of the rail shipments from the Bakken fields are being handled by Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway Co., which has more than 1,000 miles of track in the region.
Buffett's holding company, Berkshire Hathaway, has agreed to buy BNSF in a deal valuing the railroad at $34 billion. Berkshire already owns 22% of Burlington Northern and will pay $100 a share in cash and stock for the rest.
How convenient?
even if that was true?? does it compare to the NO bid contracts handed out to halliburton(the vP's former company)

those were worth billions??

you said nothing......

who can take you seriously??
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
How convenient?
20000 temporary jobs(you forgot to mention)

and the project would endanger a sensative aqaufir that supports the US grain crop, that is worth billions...

and canada will sell our crude to china....

and gas prices in the midwest will go up.

it is a lose, lose proposal....

and we dubunked it througly in 2011.

next!!!

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You really don’t know how tax works to you.
The people feeding you this line probably do know but are aware that you don’t know. So it is a way they can lie to you and you will believe it because you so desperately want to.
I knew I should have consulted with you, I know you know more then The Wall Street Journal, Forbes and the rest. I'm sure that's why you didn't dispute it. Simply put, while Mr. Buffett believes that everyone ELSE should pay higher tax rates, he utilizes the current tax code to eliminate as much of his own tax burden as possible.

Ask Mr. Buffett how he would feel if long-term capital gains were taxed as ordinary income? That is clearly his primary source of taxable income, so if he feels that “rich” people should pay more, he should be on board with that kind of plan.

If Buffett REALLY thought the government should receive more tax revenue, why did he make that giant gift commitment to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation? That gift will deprive the government of billions of tax revenue.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
even if that was true?? does it compare to the NO bid contracts handed out to halliburton(the vP's former company)
those were worth billions??
you said nothing......
who can take you seriously??
Why do you always go back to Bush? lol...so funny. Move on. What other company was bidding besides Halliburton?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oakdale Discussions

Search the Oakdale Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr frozen c 7,852
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr Orange Cove cow licker 200,366
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr rain or snow to slow 15,928
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 5 hr tail pipe 4,898
Couple wants middle names to include 'Seamonster' 22 hr wichita-rick 6
Police: Naked intruder fell asleep in couple's bed 23 hr Ted Haggard s Gospel Rub 2
Walmart in Oakdale? (Aug '07) Jul 28 chris j 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Oakdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE