Captain Obvious

Sikeston, MO

#124 Sep 11, 2012
Son wrote:
<quoted text>It would always piss me off when that announcer would patronize us while we would be losing to you guys. I think it was the same guy from eighth grade up. We'd be losing big to Jackson and he'd be "How bout them Indians?" then he'd say "And how bout them Mules?" I hated that sh*t. It has to be fun to be in your stands because you have a PA anouncer that's actually paying attention to the game. We just got a new guy and he's 100 times better than the old one. I'm a Poplar Bluff guy but I enjoy chatting on the Jackson forums about football because I have a respect for the Jackson program and their fans' passion, something that's been lost here, and respect for the game.
Good luck to you this week, Poplar Bluff. It'll be a good game.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#125 Sep 11, 2012
Son wrote:
<quoted text>It would always piss me off when that announcer would patronize us while we would be losing to you guys. I think it was the same guy from eighth grade up. We'd be losing big to Jackson and he'd be "How bout them Indians?" then he'd say "And how bout them Mules?" I hated that sh*t. It has to be fun to be in your stands because you have a PA anouncer that's actually paying attention to the game. We just got a new guy and he's 100 times better than the old one. I'm a Poplar Bluff guy but I enjoy chatting on the Jackson forums about football because I have a respect for the Jackson program and their fans' passion, something that's been lost here, and respect for the game.
Yes our announcer has been doing it for over 20 years now! He goes to every game and tries to even give the players nicknames! In my opinion he is a far announcer and does his job well and he dont even get paid for doing it! He just loves football! Go Indians beat those Mules this week!!

Location hidden

#126 Sep 11, 2012
downlow wrote:
Almost forgot.....Fans need to end the announcers sentence of "there goes another Jackson Indian" "FIRST DOWN!". Pretty sure he felt lonely. Other teams hate that sh*t.
Well maybe the other teams should get first downs when they come to the "Pit"

Location hidden

#127 Sep 11, 2012
downlow wrote:
Wow, you guys need to get you act together. The new smoke tunnel kept you guys from running through the cheerleader made teepee. They just carried it off unbroken. They need to paint over Farmington and paint Bluff. Please somebody bust it up.

Another WoW! Is the holding hands 2x2 on your way to the field. Yeah I get the team thing, but it looks like a wedding. Lose that! It is very gay and very not intimidating. I am for you guys 100%, but we need to sharpen things up. Go Jackson!
Sir/Maam its not gay its a sign of unity and team pride! Im glad to see it and im glad Coach Eckley is teaching these boys more than just football!
Son

Poplar Bluff, MO

#128 Sep 12, 2012
Jaxindians12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes our announcer has been doing it for over 20 years now! He goes to every game and tries to even give the players nicknames! In my opinion he is a far announcer and does his job well and he dont even get paid for doing it! He just loves football! Go Indians beat those Mules this week!!
The only two losses the Indians will have on their schedule this year will be to the Mules we'll see you this week and later on in district play. Can't wait to visit The Pit and witness a great football game this Friday Night.
Captain Obvious

Sikeston, MO

#129 Sep 12, 2012
We got us a nice field decal in the middle of the field today. Looks great!
Jimmy

United States

#130 Sep 12, 2012
Yes, the Indians announcer is the best around. I've been to a lot of games and heard a lot of announcers but he has to be the best! He does the basketball games to and he's really good at it. I know other teams don't like him but he sure does fire up the Jackson crowd. He should do the Semo games their announcer sucks!
Clem

United States

#131 Sep 12, 2012
Well ain't it nice them there boys have that big ol ballon helmet to run through. I was a wondering if them football folks plan on lugging that new you to all the softball and soccer games also. Sure would be neighborly if everybody got to share its use don't you think? But wait, that might show some acknowledgement that the the sun don't solely rise and shine on just the football bunch. Could have bought a lot of pencils and paper for what was spent on this!
Captain Obvious

Sikeston, MO

#132 Sep 12, 2012
Clem wrote:
Well ain't it nice them there boys have that big ol ballon helmet to run through. I was a wondering if them football folks plan on lugging that new you to all the softball and soccer games also. Sure would be neighborly if everybody got to share its use don't you think? But wait, that might show some acknowledgement that the the sun don't solely rise and shine on just the football bunch. Could have bought a lot of pencils and paper for what was spent on this!
Well considering its a football helmet tunnel...
Jimmy

United States

#133 Sep 12, 2012
The money for the tunnel was raised by private individuals. It didn't cost the public a dime!

Sikeston, MO

#134 Sep 12, 2012
Jackson wont beat cape

Location hidden

#135 Sep 12, 2012
guest wrote:
Jackson wont beat cape
And why wont they?
downlow

Sikeston, MO

#136 Sep 12, 2012
Jaxindians12 wrote:
<quoted text>Well maybe the other teams should get first downs when they come to the "Pit"
Wow...you completely missed my post. Yeah I want other teams to get first downs. Ha! I hate that we do not back the announcer up, he is awesome. I have talked to the many of the players, and in their terms, "It is gay.". To emphasize quote, unquote. I could care less. Unity can be shown many ways. I wasn't slamming gays.
downlow

Sikeston, MO

#137 Sep 12, 2012
Good luck PB fan glad to hear from you. You get it. You have a solid team...as always.

Location hidden

#138 Sep 12, 2012
downlow wrote:
<quoted text>Wow...you completely missed my post. Yeah I want other teams to get first downs. Ha! I hate that we do not back the announcer up, he is awesome. I have talked to the many of the players, and in their terms, "It is gay.". To emphasize quote, unquote. I could care less. Unity can be shown many ways. I wasn't slamming gays.
Obviously u didnt read my quote i disnt say anything about you slamming gays! I said it was a form of team unity and pride! But PB fans dont understand a winning tradition like is Jackson Fans!

Jackson, MO

#139 Sep 13, 2012
the football helment was bought by Tim Smith and the spahgettii dinner that we sold tickets too. Have your own fund raisers and quit sucking funds from the football team.
jhs7

Jackson, MO

#140 Sep 13, 2012
well said (guest) seems like every time you turn around other sports are at the football game trying to raise money for their sport

Location hidden

#141 Sep 13, 2012
For all you people think Jackson inst any good this year, Quarterback Ty Selsor is the #1 player in the state right now! He has 721 yards already in only 3 games.

You can look it up on maxpreps.com and just search missouri high school football!

Location hidden

#142 Sep 13, 2012
http://www.maxpreps.com/list/leaderboard_list...

Here is the website to show how good Jackson's quarterback is!
bert

Jefferson City, MO

#143 Sep 13, 2012
Jaxindians12 wrote:
http://www.maxpreps.com/list/l eaderboard_list.aspx?state=MO &teamsize=0&teamtype=p layer&leaguetype=overall &category=offense,passing &position=-All-&classy ear=-All-&ssid=37631434-bc 40-4d46-a7c5-1042c42e338c
Here is the website to show how good Jackson's quarterback is!
He is having a good season so far, but Jackson has not played a team that is good yet. Let's see how he does against Columbia Hickman next month. That is really the only good team on the regular season schedule.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gilster Mary lee (Mar '12) 18 min Walter Godat 47
Cracraft Miller Funeral Home 1 hr Guest 1
Tilley: Legislature makes education state's top... (Sep '07) 1 hr Amused 3
Austin Luye on Probation 1 hr Amused 3
justin trim homo 3 hr kitkat 1
Why is the water so bad in jackson 6 hr Guest 6
busted 20 hr TripleNegative 36
Oak Ridge Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oak Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?