The Great Red Light Camera Hoax

Posted in the Oak Park Forum

In the Know

Alsip, IL

#1 Aug 25, 2012
People connect the dots.

Roy McCambell is friends with Current Technologies that never installed a Red Light camera until together with MCCambell they decide there is money to be made.

MCCambell introduces Current to Zito who get cameras approved throughout the state.Zito gets rich for his sales efforts.

MCCambell knows he will retire and wants a sales job at Current.

All 3 get rich together.

So who loses?

The public! These 3 crooks knew all along that the cameras don't increase public safety....but they do generate money. They knew and they lied and personally got rich.

Eventually Current was kicked out of Bellwood but that didn't stop McCambell and Zito from still selling on their behalf to every other West Cook Village.

How many people paid $100 for a Red Light ticket in the name of public safety when the reality was that they were donating $100 to these crooked politicians and company?

Follow the money trail from Isreali connections to the main players.
pc tech

Chicago, IL

#2 Aug 25, 2012
My girlfriend told me those guys at Current Technologies were always bragging about all the money they made and how they were connected.

Very sleazy company.
In the Know

Alsip, IL

#3 Aug 25, 2012
Yep. We the FBI or State Pollce figure this all out you can say you read it here first.
Disgusted

Miami, FL

#4 Aug 27, 2012
There are actually people that are so used to Illinois corruption that they say "so what"? As if corruption is just ok in Illinois?
so what

Chicago, IL

#5 Aug 30, 2012
I just read an article that RedLight cameras actually cause more fender bender accidents!
Now I am mad.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#6 Aug 30, 2012
so what wrote:
I just read an article that RedLight cameras actually cause more fender bender accidents!
Now I am mad.
Yep, people slam on the brakes to stop at the light. Phoenix area removed quite a few for that reason
Disgusted

Miami, FL

#7 Aug 31, 2012
Is Roy McCambell and Steve Daugherty in jail?

Location hidden

#8 Aug 31, 2012
Disgusted wrote:
Is Roy McCambell and Steve Daugherty in jail?
Don't sound like it. He was only indicted .
In the Know

Alsip, IL

#9 Sep 1, 2012
I'm sure they will all do time when all the facts come out.
Dr Feelgood

Chicago, IL

#10 Dec 29, 2012
In the Know wrote:
People connect the dots.
Roy McCambell is friends with Current Technologies that never installed a Red Light camera until together with MCCambell they decide there is money to be made.
MCCambell introduces Current to Zito who get cameras approved throughout the state.Zito gets rich for his sales efforts.
All 3 get rich together.
So who loses?
The public! These 3 crooks knew all along that the cameras don't increase public safety....but they do generate money. They knew and they lied and personally got rich.
Eventually Current was kicked out of Bellwood but that didn't stop McCambell and Zito from still selling on their behalf to every other West Cook Village.
How many people paid $100 for a Red Light ticket in the name of public safety when the reality was that they were donating $100 to these crooked politicians and company?
Why was Current Technologies kicked out of Bellwood? Did someone get hold of some information that should be shared and is being kept a secret?

Location hidden

#11 Dec 29, 2012
Dr Feelgood wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was Current Technologies kicked out of Bellwood? Did someone get hold of some information that should be shared and is being kept a secret?
u been living under a rock?

Since: Jul 07

PARK RIDGE IL.

#12 Dec 29, 2012
In the Know wrote:
People connect the dots.
All 3 get rich together.
So who loses?
Did you get a ticket? There's a reason why thse cameras are being installed. There's too many people blowing these lights. I've seen it first hand where my side turns green and a second or 2 later a car goes whizzing and if there's an increase in these which I suspect there are, then they must do something.
Dr Feelgood

Chicago, IL

#13 Dec 29, 2012
MIKETOUHY wrote:
<quoted text>Did you get a ticket? There's a reason why thse cameras are being installed. There's too many people blowing these lights. I've seen it first hand where my side turns green and a second or 2 later a car goes whizzing and if there's an increase in these which I suspect there are, then they must do something.
Drum roll please.....and the idiot of the year award goes to....Mike Toughy for his post on why there are Red Light Cameras.

Yes Mike is the only person on the planet that has NOT figured out that Red Light cameras do NOT cut down on accidents but rather increase fender bender accidents. More importantly, politicians use them to generate revenue.

We all look forward to Mike Toughys next ignorant post.

Since: Jul 07

PARK RIDGE IL.

#14 Dec 29, 2012
The 1 who name calls is the idiot themselves.
Dr Feelgood

Chicago, IL

#15 Dec 29, 2012
MIKETOUHY wrote:
The 1 who name calls is the idiot themselves.
Brilliant Mike Toughy! People like you are why Roy McCambell got away with a 400k per year salary and his aecretary was making 175K per year while Bellwood was going into financial ruin. You believe anything.LOL

Red Light cameras serve no purpose other than to generate cash for politicians that cannot adhere to financial responsibility and are looking for shortcuts to solve their financial mis management.

But Mike Toughy you go ahead and keep believing that politicians are installing them because they believe in public safety.LMAO.
Friend of Darryl Bosak

Chicago, IL

#16 Dec 29, 2012
In the Know wrote:
People connect the dots.
All 3 get rich together.
So who loses?
The Isreal connection is Red Speed company that makes the software for the cameras that Current Tec installs. I heard that Curent Tec and red Speed dont have a good relationship? Maybe they are trying to point the finger at each othet of who will take the fall and be in trouble with the law?

These cameras are big business and many people got rich. With MCCambell indicted and the State having his assistant testifying it will just be a matter of time before the law all go after the big money of red light cameras becayse MCCambell and Current Tec was at the center of the red light camera craze.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,115,630
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min in the end 50,065
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 17 min edogxxx 98,374
Abby 10-2 19 min edogxxx 1
Amy 10-2 21 min edogxxx 1
Rauner, Quinn clash on Obamacare expansion ahea... 55 min Le Jimbo 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 47,074
Oak Park Dating
Find my Match

Oak Park Jobs

Oak Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oak Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oak Park

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]