concerned Lyons resident

Berwyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

So why did the village hire a media consultant at a cost of $2000.00 a month? Don't we have other things in town that the money could have been used for like roads or fixing the water fountain on the river walk? Why are we also paying Mr. Bennet to remove graffiti in town when the county does it for free? Perhaps its some bad financial advice being given by our village financial consultant Dan Denys but wait didn't Mr. Denys work for the village of Bridgeview in a similar capacity and isn't their town in some really serious financial straights right now? Come on Mr. Mayor no wait you were elected as a village president no mayor but anyway thamaybe you should worry about all the vacant storefronts and lots in town cause news flash and youdont need your media consutsnt or financial guy to tell you that no money comes in from vacant anything! Oh and the teamsters taking the other side of Otto Bros. is great for filling the storefront but what money is generated from them tht goes to the village? Oh well go ahead and brag about that little jewel of a business and maybe just maybe it will sprout money somehow!
Just Great

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

We may have gained a Thai restaurant, but DJ's Dive Shop is gone, so is Metz Bricks, the "grocery store" at 44th and Lawndale, and Mansfield Roofing. Don't see any of that on Getty's blog, do you?
BTW as I remember, the deal with the Teamsters was that Otto Brothers couldn't afford the cost of the building and by allowing the Teamsters in it kept them from going out of business.

But, instead of a planning or economic development person, we get a personal publicist for Getty. Check out his "I love Me" blog - try to post a comment - good luck. Its great when stories on the site are even written by the person the blog supports. But, as long as the taxpayers foot the bill, who cares?
abc

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Just Great wrote:
We may have gained a Thai restaurant, but DJ's Dive Shop is gone, so is Metz Bricks, the "grocery store" at 44th and Lawndale, and Mansfield Roofing. Don't see any of that on Getty's blog, do you?
BTW as I remember, the deal with the Teamsters was that Otto Brothers couldn't afford the cost of the building and by allowing the Teamsters in it kept them from going out of business.
But, instead of a planning or economic development person, we get a personal publicist for Getty. Check out his "I love Me" blog - try to post a comment - good luck. Its great when stories on the site are even written by the person the blog supports. But, as long as the taxpayers foot the bill, who cares?

what is the Getty blog??
Florence Nightingale

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Lyons has a health clinic:

http://takecarehealth.com/Default.aspx
who cares

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

stigmada wrote:
why does a covicted ex felon have a key and a office to our village hall
Cause his son is the president!
question

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Does anyone know why last nights Village Board Meeting wasn't televised? Very suspicious as if they were trying to hide something from us? And I was told that there was a police officer there for security! WTH is going on?
bbc

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

question wrote:
Does anyone know why last nights Village Board Meeting wasn't televised? Very suspicious as if they were trying to hide something from us? And I was told that there was a police officer there for security! WTH is going on?
thought you would tell us !
Della

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

question wrote:
This one's for Perry Mason.
WTH

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Tried to look at the agenda on the village web site. Silly me! To even think the "open and transparent" Getty regime would actually post it ahead of time.
Stefano

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

WTH wrote:
Tried to look at the agenda on the village web site. Silly me! To even think the "open and transparent" Getty regime would actually post it ahead of time.
It was posted on the doors in accordance with the Statutes.

Curious

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

You can always go to County Hospital, a bus to the Pink Line.

That is the core of County Health Services.
She Back

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Curious wrote:
You can always go to County Hospital, a bus to the Pink Line.
That is the core of County Health Services.
Aren't you curious to know that CCDPH has a clinic in Cicero and one at 1701 First Avenue?

http://www.cookcountypublichealth.org/healthw...

http://www.cookcountypublichealth.org/healthw...

But if VOL isn't interested in partnering to provide services, maybe the Township or a neighboring community will be...
Just Great

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Stefano wrote:
<quoted text>
It was posted on the doors in accordance with the Statutes.
Of course, but the statutes also REQUIRE posting the agenda and approved minutes on the village web site. But, then Getty never seemed to care much about the law.
Stefano

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Just Great wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, but the statutes also REQUIRE posting the agenda and approved minutes on the village web site. But, then Getty never seemed to care much about the law.
Please tell me the statute that mandates the agenda shall/must be posted on the website.

Just post the statute, so we can go to it and read it for ourselves.
tks
She Back

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Stefano wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me the statute that mandates the agenda shall/must be posted on the website.
Just post the statute, so we can go to it and read it for ourselves.
tks
(5 ILCS 120/2.02)(from Ch. 102, par. 42.02)
Sec. 2.02. Public notice of all meetings, whether open or closed to the public, shall be given as follows:
(a) Every public body shall give public notice of the schedule of regular meetings at the beginning of each calendar or fiscal year and shall state the regular dates, times, and places of such meetings. An agenda for each regular meeting shall be posted at the principal office of the public body and at the location where the meeting is to be held at least 48 hours in advance of the holding of the meeting. A public body that has a website that the full-time staff of the public body maintains shall also post on its website the agenda of any regular meetings of the governing body of that public body. Any agenda of a regular meeting that is posted on a public body's website shall remain posted on the website until the regular meeting is concluded.

You're welcome....
Details

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Does the Village have full time staff maintaining the web site? Ouch, you're welcome.
She Back

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Personally, Details, the issue of what is or is not on the VOL website is pretty trivial to my mind; much bigger issues to address than that in such a "target-rich environment".

Posted the applicable Statute for benefit of Stefano ... since the question of web posting of approved minutes, as well as agendas, were brought up by Just Great.
question

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

So, no one on here knows why the meeting was NOT televised, why a cop was there and what happened at the meeting?
Just Great

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Details wrote:
Does the Village have full time staff maintaining the web site? Ouch, you're welcome.
It seems that someone was "maintaining" the site after the Village got hammered on their "transparency rating." And since the Getty Blog may be considered a "Village website" as it is being maintained at taxpayer's expense, the answer is an obvious "yes". Of, course, one could debate the meaning of "full time" and slip through a loophole, which is what I would expect from a village president that states "As President, Christopher believes in an open and transparent government" Oh, BTW, it seems someone is "maintaining" the website as they added the "125 years" stuff.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oak Park Discussions

Search the Oak Park Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min THE DEVIL 1,083,731
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 53 min LRS 175,138
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr andet1987 4,568
Why do crackheads live in trailer parks? 2 hr Dah 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Terry rigsby 49,010
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr truth-facts 45,892
Bdubs In Berwyn 3 hr angry dad 1
•••
•••
•••
Oak Park Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Oak Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••