lyons, il politics
bbc

Riverside, IL

#6215 Jan 18, 2013
question wrote:
Does anyone know why last nights Village Board Meeting wasn't televised? Very suspicious as if they were trying to hide something from us? And I was told that there was a police officer there for security! WTH is going on?
thought you would tell us !
Della

Riverside, IL

#6216 Jan 18, 2013
question wrote:
Does anyone know why last nights Village Board Meeting wasn't televised? Very suspicious as if they were trying to hide something from us? And I was told that there was a police officer there for security! WTH is going on?
This one's for Perry Mason.
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6217 Jan 18, 2013
Tried to look at the agenda on the village web site. Silly me! To even think the "open and transparent" Getty regime would actually post it ahead of time.
Stefano

Riverside, IL

#6218 Jan 18, 2013
WTH wrote:
Tried to look at the agenda on the village web site. Silly me! To even think the "open and transparent" Getty regime would actually post it ahead of time.
It was posted on the doors in accordance with the Statutes.

Curious

Willow Springs, IL

#6220 Jan 18, 2013
You can always go to County Hospital, a bus to the Pink Line.

That is the core of County Health Services.
She Back

Chicago, IL

#6221 Jan 18, 2013
Curious wrote:
You can always go to County Hospital, a bus to the Pink Line.
That is the core of County Health Services.
Aren't you curious to know that CCDPH has a clinic in Cicero and one at 1701 First Avenue?

http://www.cookcountypublichealth.org/healthw...

http://www.cookcountypublichealth.org/healthw...

But if VOL isn't interested in partnering to provide services, maybe the Township or a neighboring community will be...
Just Great

Forest Park, IL

#6222 Jan 18, 2013
Stefano wrote:
<quoted text>
It was posted on the doors in accordance with the Statutes.
Of course, but the statutes also REQUIRE posting the agenda and approved minutes on the village web site. But, then Getty never seemed to care much about the law.
Stefano

Riverside, IL

#6223 Jan 18, 2013
Just Great wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, but the statutes also REQUIRE posting the agenda and approved minutes on the village web site. But, then Getty never seemed to care much about the law.
Please tell me the statute that mandates the agenda shall/must be posted on the website.

Just post the statute, so we can go to it and read it for ourselves.
tks
She Back

Chicago, IL

#6224 Jan 18, 2013
Stefano wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me the statute that mandates the agenda shall/must be posted on the website.
tks
(5 ILCS 120/2.02)(from Ch. 102, par. 42.02)
Sec. 2.02. Public notice of all meetings, whether open or closed to the public, shall be given as follows:
(a) Every public body shall give public notice of the schedule of regular meetings at the beginning of each calendar or fiscal year and shall state the regular dates, times, and places of such meetings. An agenda for each regular meeting shall be posted at the principal office of the public body and at the location where the meeting is to be held at least 48 hours in advance of the holding of the meeting. A public body that has a website that the full-time staff of the public body maintains shall also post on its website the agenda of any regular meetings of the governing body of that public body. Any agenda of a regular meeting that is posted on a public body's website shall remain posted on the website until the regular meeting is concluded.

You're welcome....
Details

Willow Springs, IL

#6225 Jan 18, 2013
Does the Village have full time staff maintaining the web site? Ouch, you're welcome.
She Back

Chicago, IL

#6228 Jan 18, 2013
Personally, Details, the issue of what is or is not on the VOL website is pretty trivial to my mind; much bigger issues to address than that in such a "target-rich environment".

Posted the applicable Statute for benefit of Stefano ... since the question of web posting of approved minutes, as well as agendas, were brought up by Just Great.
question

Forest Park, IL

#6229 Jan 19, 2013
So, no one on here knows why the meeting was NOT televised, why a cop was there and what happened at the meeting?
Just Great

Forest Park, IL

#6230 Jan 19, 2013
Details wrote:
Does the Village have full time staff maintaining the web site? Ouch, you're welcome.
It seems that someone was "maintaining" the site after the Village got hammered on their "transparency rating." And since the Getty Blog may be considered a "Village website" as it is being maintained at taxpayer's expense, the answer is an obvious "yes". Of, course, one could debate the meaning of "full time" and slip through a loophole, which is what I would expect from a village president that states "As President, Christopher believes in an open and transparent government" Oh, BTW, it seems someone is "maintaining" the website as they added the "125 years" stuff.
Funny

United States

#6231 Jan 19, 2013
She Back wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't that part of Kyle's job? Anyway, the statute doesn't specify one or more full time staffer doing web maintenance as one of their primary job functions; if ANY full time staffer "maintains" (i.e, adds or deletes from or updates) the site at any time, that probably qualifies as maintenence.
I was about to reply the same answer
Funny

United States

#6232 Jan 19, 2013
She Back wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't that part of Kyle's job? Anyway, the statute doesn't specify one or more full time staffer doing web maintenance as one of their primary job functions; if ANY full time staffer "maintains" (i.e, adds or deletes from or updates) the site at any time, that probably qualifies as maintenence.
I was going to reply the same answer.
wondering

Forest Park, IL

#6233 Jan 19, 2013
She Back wrote:
<quoted text>
I, too, was told Kyle is the one in charge of the website. Maybe, the BGA needs to do a follow up.
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6234 Jan 19, 2013
Stefano wrote:
<quoted text>
tks
Well, Stefano - you have the statutes - so now you can start posting your excuses. Come on - you asked for it, now how about a little bit of honesty? Or do you have to consult with Chris to find out what you are allowed to say, of course, unless you are Chris.
Stefano

Riverside, IL

#6235 Jan 19, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Stefano - you have the statutes - so now you can start posting your excuses. Come on - you asked for it, now how about a little bit of honesty? Or do you have to consult with Chris to find out what you are allowed to say, of course, unless you are Chris.
Glad to see you know how to find the answers, "she back" does your research....you take the credit.
Funny

Lisle, IL

#6236 Jan 19, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
It is!!!!
Just Great

Forest Park, IL

#6237 Jan 20, 2013
Stefano wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to see you know how to find the answers, "she back" does your research....you take the credit.
Hey, big mouth, I just didn't have the time to do it, she just beat me to the punch. Now, instead of just making stupid comments, how about addressing the issue - and the FACT that Chris Getty is a bald faced LIAR! How can any taxpayer trust someone who states they believe in transparency, then does everything possible to avoid it? Oh, yeah, they post the agenda at the hall according to statute, but barely at the last possible minute - don't let the citizens have time to do some research before the meeting. And when the agendas are posted on the web site? Check it out, the date of the PDF file is after the statutory requirement for a minimum 48 hour notice. Think it is time to have a talk with the State's Attorney regarding violation of Illinois Statutes and possible charges.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Dr Guru 219,744
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min An NFL Fan 1,406,070
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 3 min GEORGIA 1,813
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 min GEORGIA 2,869
Word (Dec '08) 6 min GEORGIA 6,571
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 min Ize Found 70,839
This is reason Pat Buchanan fired from CNN. 24 min PB is truthful 3

Oak Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oak Park Mortgages