Imperial Methods Co. ???

Imperial Methods Co. ???

Posted in the Oak Park Forum

Danny Hoehne

New Braunfels, TX

#1 Oct 13, 2007
I have an old (35 to 50 years) recipe box that says RECIPIES-Imperial Methods Co Forrest Park, Ill. Does this company still exist? Thanks
harrison

Ankeny, IA

#2 Nov 28, 2007
I don't believe that the Imperial Methods Co. exists any longer. I have the same oak recipe box that belonged to my grandmother more than 75 years ago and possibly longer.
OMK

United States

#3 May 16, 2008
The Imperial Methods Company made filing cabinets and filing supplies. It was located at 750 Circle Avenue in Forest Park. Building was built in 1919 and added to in 1929.
Terry B

Schaumburg, IL

#4 Nov 10, 2012
Don't know how long ago this question was asked but I can add a little more information to it. I used to work for Imperial Methods Co from 1978 - 1981 (my first job out of college). They were a Division of Oxford Pendaflex Corp of New York and were a manufacturer of filing supplies. Shortly after I joined, the parent company sold itself to Esselte, a Swedish corporation, and the name was changed from Oxford Pendaflex to Esselte Pendaflex. We were closed, permanently, by the parent corporation on March 31st 1981 right at the start of the '81-'82 recession. The address as given by OMK above was correct up until 1980 when we moved into new quarters (still in Forest Park) at 7500 W Industrial Drive. Our old location. 750 S Circle, was right next to Ferrara Pan Candy Co.
George E

Bonaire, GA

#5 Dec 31, 2012
The smell of the candy and lunch at the Starship are my fondest memories of this great old complany!
Bottom Line

United States

#6 Jul 1, 2014
That building originally housed the Roos Cedar Chest Company. I still have one that my mother bought at Weiboldt's at Lake St. and and Harlem Ave. in the 50's.
annecloett

South Boston, VA

#7 Oct 15, 2015
I just purchased a Vintage Recipe Box that is a greenish-blue color that has the Imperial Methods Company tag on the front ! I LOVE IT ! So glad to have found this thread. I purchased mine on ebay for $2.99 and can't wait to add a few embellishments and start adding my recipe cards to it ! I love old distressed pieces and this is a true FIND ! Excited to find out more about the company. THANKS !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min ROY 1,396,543
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Rogue Scholar 05 217,126
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 50 min Patriot AKA Bozo 60,182
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 50 min Common Sense 8,799
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr John Schanahan 102,570
Who's this Fauxcahontas? 3 hr Welcome2theWigWam 32
Fat Ankles and hairy toes. 3 hr Bills Babes 26

Oak Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oak Park Mortgages