Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,988
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48635 Feb 5, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it is your burden to prove or at least show evidence that your Jesus is NOT a delusion.
ahh - I should of read forward.

Location hidden

#48636 Feb 5, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---why compare REAL/Jesus with fiction/Homer, wise child?
Maat---Mon, you're EFFIN BRILLIANT!
HughBe--- Thanks Maat, it is a GIFT.
Frijoles---“Irony is wasted on the stupid”
HughBe--- Well said, YOU "effin" FOOL.
Thats not irony. Thats vainly concealed anger.

Location hidden

#48637 Feb 5, 2013
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/del...

Definition of DELUSION

1: the act of deluding : the state of being deluded

2a : something that is falsely or delusively believed or propagated

2b : a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary; also : the abnormal state marked by such beliefs
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48660 Feb 5, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats not irony. Thats vainly concealed anger.
HughBe---why compare REAL/Jesus with fiction/Homer, wise child?

Maat---Mon, you're EFFIN BRILLIANT!

HughBe--- Thanks Maat, it is a GIFT.

Frijoles---“Irony is wasted on the stupid”

HughBe--- Well said, YOU "effin" FOOL.

Frijoles---Thats not irony. Thats vainly concealed anger.

HughBe--- sonny boy, I DELIBERATELY ignored Maat's calling me EFFIN and focused on the positive i.e. BRILLIANT. This went right over your head. Now that I have explained it, go back and see in you understand it now.

Next, there is no anger and was no anger towards Maat, YOU "effin" FOOL.

By the way did you pick up on the "concealed anger" via your Satan?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48661 Feb 5, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that he is anything other than a delusion.
Be a man, not an agnostic.
HughBe--- In what way is Jesus a "DELUSION figure"?

Frijoles---Prove that he is anything other than a delusion.

HughBe--- son son, YOU called Him a delusion so YOU explain it and ANSWER my question.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48662 Feb 5, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Being agnostic on the matter means I have no proof either way. I am nuetral. Vs being atheistic. Since we are talking about a historic fact, not a deity, this is an adaptive use of the actual word.
Anyone intelligent would of figured that out.
1. Do as you are told.

2. You talk too much BS or better yet Chicken S.

3. Any intelligent person would NOT avoid answering the questions and would give an INTELLIGENT answer for AGNOSTIC. YOU have FAILED in every department.

4. Try again.

5. Here is a push start for you. Agnostic= a person who DOUBTS that there is a god or a "disbeliever, nonbeliever, unbeliever; doubter,"

6. Take it from here.

YOUR words,"I never DOUBTED the existence of historical Jesus..... I am AGNOSTIC on the matter."
Genius what is the meaning of AGNOSTIC?

Reconcile being an AGNOSTIC with you NEVER doubting.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48663 Feb 5, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that he is anything other than a delusion.
Be a man, not an agnostic.
Frijoles--Be a man, not an agnostic.

HughBe--- Thanks for the CONFIRMATION that functionally you are a woman. Note the contrast man versus AGNOSTIC and you have said, "Being agnostic on the matter". So you have called yourself an AGNOSTIC and NOT a man.

Bi-Frijoles

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48664 Feb 5, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it is your burden to prove or at least show evidence that your Jesus is NOT a delusion.
HUghBE---Greetings my Battyboy friend.

Your man called MY Jesus, the Christ, a DELUSION and so it is appropriate for me to ask him, in what way is Jesus a "DELUSION figure"?

Take your time to understand the flow and the basic logic.

Much love from JJ.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#48665 Feb 5, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HUghBE---Greetings my Battyboy friend.
Your man called MY Jesus, the Christ, a DELUSION and so it is appropriate for me to ask him, in what way is Jesus a "DELUSION figure"?
Take your time to understand the flow and the basic logic.
Much love from JJ.
]

Frijole posted the definition of delusion for you:

a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary; also : the abnormal state marked by such beliefs

So back to the central question....do you have any evidence to support your delusion??
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48666 Feb 5, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>]
a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary; also : the abnormal state marked by such beliefs
So back to the central question....do you have any evidence to support your delusion??
Since your man is UNABLE to apply the definition you do so now and answer this, in what way is Jesus a "DELUSION figure"?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48667 Feb 5, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>]
While at it explain your man's/Frijoles' words i.e. "I never DOUBTED the existence of historical Jesus."

Having explained it, integrate it into your previous assignment.

Location hidden

#48668 Feb 5, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
While at it explain your man's/Frijoles' words i.e. "I never DOUBTED the existence of historical Jesus."
Having explained it, integrate it into your previous assignment.
off on tangents.

This is why we see you as a slime ball. You are incapable of following the conversation - because you know you have no way to answer our initial question - so as a result you get hung up on tangents.

Location hidden

#48669 Feb 5, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- In what way is Jesus a "DELUSION figure"?
Frijoles---Prove that he is anything other than a delusion.
HughBe--- son son, YOU called Him a delusion so YOU explain it and ANSWER my question.
I have no evidence that he is a messianic figure or real. Do you? If not, and you still consider him messianic and/or real, he is a delusion by definition.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#48674 Feb 5, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The oldest human religion, and the most commonly encountered tribal religion, is shamanism.
Most forms of Islam are not shamanistic, though the sufis come close in their use of altered states.
Shamanism (pron.:/&#712;&#643; &#593;&#720;m&#601 ;n/ shah-m&#601;n or /&#712;&#643;e&#61 8;m&#601;n/ shay-m&#601;n) is a practice that involves a practitioner reaching altered states of consciousness in order to encounter and interact with the spirit world.[2] A shaman is a person regarded as having access to, and influence in the world of benevolent and malevolent spirits, who typically enters into a trance state during a ritual, and practices divination and healing.[3]
The OLDEST religion in the world is what was practised by Adam the first human on earth and it was Islam, nothing else.

All other isms came after that. We have to see and examine how far they go along with the basic teachings of Islam, that is from God and rest is human distortions.

So easy to check and verify.

PS:

Am I being impossible? Try Joe or HUgh
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#48678 Feb 5, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, Mecca
Makkah is OK, but you need a Visa to enter Makkah.

And that Visa is you declare with your mouth "ASHAD -U - AN LA ILAH A ILL A ALLAH MUHAMMAD AL RASOOL ALLAH"

i.e. "I bear witness that their is no deity to worship except Allah, and Mohammad is His Messenger".

messianic Jews, Normal Jews, Christians or people of any other faith can enter Makkah after fulfilling this Visa requirement.

Makkah is a sanctuary and safe place of Allah, it has to be kept pure and uncluttered. Should it not?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48688 Feb 5, 2013
Hi.

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48689 Feb 5, 2013
Hi.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#48690 Feb 5, 2013
First HI was with smiles and second HI when Smile was wiped off the face?

Location hidden

#48695 Feb 6, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The OLDEST religion in the world is what was practised by Adam the first human on earth and it was Islam, nothing else.
All other isms came after that. We have to see and examine how far they go along with the basic teachings of Islam, that is from God and rest is human distortions.
So easy to check and verify.
PS:
so easy to check and verify that there is no objective evidence.

Shamanism, on the other hand, is verified not only in the archaeological record, but among recent ethnographic studies of tribal groups

Islam is a recent religion. Thousands of years after Judaism. But both are believed to come from a common ancestor.

Location hidden

#48696 Feb 6, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

PS:
Actually I dont see much difference. All of you are hypersensitive to correction.

Though at least you are capable of self-reflection.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min wojar 181,707
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr RC Hotstuff 1,153,042
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 3 hr Sublime1 19
What concerns you most living in Berwyn? (Feb '08) 4 hr rico 114
Deat Abby 12-16 4 hr Mister Tonka 51
Cicero largely silent as residents rail about a... (Jun '09) Dec 10 rico 80
lookingforoldfriend Dec 6 guest 1
Oak Park Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oak Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oak Park News, Events & Info