Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
31,501 - 31,520 of 49,265 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
non smoker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

MARY JO wrote:
<quoted text>women have been carpet munching since day one-men have been swallowing each other since day one--you have no right to judge any of this if you have not tried it--go to an adult book store and go into the movie booths -- the little hole in the wall is so who ever is in the booth next to you can do you --stick your ass up to it(might want to lube b/4 you leave home) and let them do the brown eye--then you know how a man feels when a man gets him from behind -nobody will know but you two--then come back and tell us how it felt..you will then have the right to comment..
Wow, u r gay...literally and figuratively Sick person u r
mahz

Trenton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Mister E wrote:
<quoted text> Oh. So what you are sayin is the constitution says gay is ok right from the get-go. And of course, women were not made equal in this document you now sight. They had to fight for that right and eventually they got their protection and admission of equality, yet they still fight the battle today, the battle of the sexes. And that's the key to me. There are but two sexes- male and female. In the human genome, it is highly irregular and unusual for a human to be born both ways, though it happens from time to time. Should there be a provision in the constitution for those few individuals? No. Waste of time and effort.
Protecting the minority is a waste of time and effort? The framers of the Constitution did not see it that way. I'll go with their opinion over yours.
mahz

Trenton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Mister E wrote:
<quoted text> Oh. So what you are sayin is the constitution says gay is ok right from the get-go. And of course, women were not made equal in this document you now sight. They had to fight for that right and eventually they got their protection and admission of equality, yet they still fight the battle today, the battle of the sexes. And that's the key to me. There are but two sexes- male and female. In the human genome, it is highly irregular and unusual for a human to be born both ways, though it happens from time to time. Should there be a provision in the constitution for those few individuals? No. Waste of time and effort.
More importantly, some Christian congregations offer gay marriage rights in their churches. By not honoring them you are denying people their first amendment right to religious freedom.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>Every generation is also more accepting of gays and lesbians and same sex marriage. Every poll and other indicator shows this. As homophobes such as yourself die off, equality makes ever greater strides...
You haven't met the kids I know . They are more of a throwback to the 1950's than today. Just wait & see who is right.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

MARY JO wrote:
<quoted text>women have been carpet munching since day one-men have been swallowing each other since day one--you have no right to judge any of this if you have not tried it--go to an adult book store and go into the movie booths -- the little hole in the wall is so who ever is in the booth next to you can do you --stick your ass up to it(might want to lube b/4 you leave home) and let them do the brown eye--then you know how a man feels when a man gets him from behind -nobody will know but you two--then come back and tell us how it felt..you will then have the right to comment..
The only adult store/strip club we had around here, thankfully was destroyed in a tornado & the owners decided not to rebuild. It's the only business that was destroyed that volunteers wouldn't go help with severe removal or to help salvage anything from it. That was on leap day 2012 & it still sets the exact same way it was after the tornado hit it. It hasn't been touched. Kind of funny if you ask me!!! Lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

non smoker wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, u r gay...literally and figuratively Sick person u r
Thank you so glad some one else sees this. Just not sure if "it's" a woman or not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

mahz wrote:
<quoted text>More importantly, some Christian congregations offer gay marriage rights in their churches. By not honoring them you are denying people their first amendment right to religious freedom.
They can start their own so called churches. But they will never really be a church in the Bible sense of the word.
mahz

Trenton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Southern Lady01 wrote:
<quoted text>
They can start their own so called churches. But they will never really be a church in the Bible sense of the word.
Who cares about the bible. They have their own Christian Churches and denying them their right to marry is a violation of the First Amendment. I couldn't care less what your book of mythology, or theirs, actually says.
mahz

Trenton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Southern Lady01 wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't met the kids I know . They are more of a throwback to the 1950's than today. Just wait & see who is right.
I'd wager to say you exist in a pretty tiny bubble.

Support for gay marriage breaks down along generational lines. The older you are the less likely you are to support it.

64% of those born after 1981 do and that number keeps growing. In another 20 years more than 2/3 of the people will support gay marriage. Currently more than half do. Its time has come.
mahz

Trenton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Southern Lady01 wrote:
<quoted text>
So churches are not allowed to contain sinners? I thought the biblical sense of the word was congregation of people gathered together to worship Christ? Sinners included.

Actually, you just committed a sin by casting judgement upon them and saying they cannot be true followers of Christ because they don't do what you do.
control

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

It is very interesting what some people call progress is what others call moral decline.
mahz

Trenton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

control wrote:
It is very interesting what some people call progress is what others call moral decline.
And yet when priests spend a couple hundred years having gay pedophile sex they didn't mention anything about moral decline.

When 50% of marriages end in divorce their answer to protect the sanctity of marriage is to make sure gay people don't have one.

They have no problem with drone bombing that targets people when they are in the midst of their families. Killing women and children is perfectly moral. As long as they are Muslim women and children.

Hypocrites.
mahz

Trenton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Mister E wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhhh. I see now. So you now want it forced upon me to (and I will use YOUR word) honor gays AND honor a church/religion and some sort of sanctity shared by the two groups? Honor them. Or I am denying them a first amendment right? What if I choose to honor neither? Am I in double jeopardy for failing to properly honor each group seperately? Sounds like communism with a flair to me...
Wow! How completely clueless. You really just don't get it do you? No one cares about your beliefs. It is the action of the Federal Government that matters.

You can deny their marriage vows all you like. It will remain as meaningless as your beliefs do now.

It's when the government does it that it becomes a constitutional violation. Their marriage is not a violation of your rights. Stop trying to play the victim.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

truth wrote:
2013 should have new law if you dont have drivers license or insurance you can not buy gasat the gas stations this will help the usa. oil shortage and save the 0-zone air etc. take drunks off the road and get rid of all the wrong doers on the road help safe America post this we need your help.
Sugar; that won't work
People purchase gasoline for many purposes that don't require a drivers license
Here's a few:
tractors
mowers
generators
chippers
ATVs
go carts
mini bikes
weedeaters
blowers
golf carts
airplanes
boats
chain saws
helicopters
See what i mean; Vern?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/08...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

mahz wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares about the bible. They have their own Christian Churches and denying them their right to marry is a violation of the First Amendment. I couldn't care less what your book of mythology, or theirs, actually says.
If they are homosexual then it's not a Christian church!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

mahz wrote:
<quoted text>I'd wager to say you exist in a pretty tiny bubble.

Support for gay marriage breaks down along generational lines. The older you are the less likely you are to support it.

64% of those born after 1981 do and that number keeps growing. In another 20 years more than 2/3 of the people will support gay marriage. Currently more than half do. Its time has come.
That is just stupid. No one can say what is going to happen in 20 years, except God. Like I said you don't know the young people I know. I don't know of any of them who support this junk,
mahz

Trenton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Sugar; that won't work
People purchase gasoline for many purposes that don't require a drivers license
Here's a few:
tractors
mowers
generators
chippers
ATVs
go carts
mini bikes
weedeaters
blowers
golf carts
airplanes
boats
chain saws
helicopters
See what i mean; Vern?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/08...
WTF is this oil shortage they are talking about? The United States is going to become the largest producer of Petroleum in the world within a couple years.

Some people are so painfully clueless.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/13/business/en...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

mahz wrote:
<quoted text>So churches are not allowed to contain sinners? I thought the biblical sense of the word was congregation of people gathered together to worship Christ? Sinners included.

Actually, you just committed a sin by casting judgement upon them and saying they cannot be true followers of Christ because they don't do what you do.
Read I Corinthians & then tell me that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

control wrote:
So true.
mahz

Trenton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Southern Lady01 wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are homosexual then it's not a Christian church!!!
You are still missing the point. It doesn't matter whether or not you agree with what they do in their church, or that you hold the opinion they are not Christians. What matters is they have a First Amendment right to practice Christianity any way they choose, including offering gay marriage rites. Your opinion does not change that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oak Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,096,105
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 40 min Whiny1 4,640
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min LRS 176,797
Word (Dec '08) 56 min andet1987 4,633
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 557
Abby 8-15 1 hr Kuuipo 19
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 1 hr Hoodies Skittles ... 24

Search the Oak Park Forum:
•••
•••