“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#83299 Apr 1, 2013
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f483/...

Thinkgeek.com delivers once again for April Fool's.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83300 Apr 1, 2013

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83301 Apr 1, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/produ ct/f483/?pfm=AprilFools_homepa ge_Featured_1_f483
Thinkgeek.com delivers once again for April Fool's.
That's wful

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#83302 Apr 1, 2013
BTW, anyone see that guy break his leg in the Louisville game? Holy FSM. I just told my friend E that if that ever happens to her, I'm just going to run away and call 911 after I stop barfing, and she's free to do the same to me.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#83303 Apr 1, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
For April Fool's Day, I bought a bunch of googly eyes and have started afixing them to food items in the kitchen. And the phone inthe kitchen. I keep them in my pocket, so as more people arrive and put their lunches in the fridge, I'll add eyes to them.
Cute and playful!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#83304 Apr 1, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
:D

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#83305 Apr 1, 2013
Good Morning All!
Thank you for the kinds words and support!
Today is a new day. My husband is home and we are taking the boys to "Big Wheels Day". The Township brings all of their vehicles to the mall and lets the kids sit in them and honk the horns. Police cars, ambulances, constructions vehicles, fire trucks, etc. It's very loud, but the kids love it. They have a dj and door prizes. The weather is beautiful today (almost 60 degrees) and I'm looking forward to it, too, although I will take some excedrin before we go :)

Location hidden

#83306 Apr 1, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
Good Morning All!
Today is a new day. My husband is home and we are taking the boys to "Big Wheels Day". The Township brings all of their vehicles to the mall and lets the kids sit in them and honk the horns. Police cars, ambulances, constructions vehicles, fire trucks, etc. It's very loud, but the kids love it. They have a dj and door prizes. The weather is beautiful today (almost 60 degrees) and I'm looking forward to it, too, although I will take some excedrin before we go :)
VERY cool and fun!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#83307 Apr 1, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
One of the things I love and respect about the pastor of my church is that when it comes time for the collection, he makes a point of saying that if you're a first-time visitor, not comfortable, or don't feel able, DON'T GIVE. He truly preaches "God loves a cheerful giver" and does not want to coerce or pressure anyone.
I don't know if it's an Episcopal thing, but at our church, money is NEVER asked for. The plates go around of course, but rarely do they actually get passed down the whole row. And I usually miss seeing the ushers come around because if it's music time, then the kids think it's also goof off time, so I'm busy corraling them.

Location hidden

#83308 Apr 1, 2013
OVerheard my boss say just now:

"I'd rather spit than swallow."

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#83309 Apr 1, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Klassy.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Cedar Grove, TN

#83310 Apr 1, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
BTW, anyone see that guy break his leg in the Louisville game? Holy FSM. I just told my friend E that if that ever happens to her, I'm just going to run away and call 911 after I stop barfing, and she's free to do the same to me.
That was absolutely horrible. I don't get why it happened. Players jump out like that all the time.

On a positive note, the two Michigan games I was at were two of the best games I have ever seen in person. The comeback Friday night was amazing, even though Kansas had like 5 chances to put it away. And the Florida game being a blowout was excellent. I hate hate hate the Gators, and watching Michigan destroy them was bliss. Plus I was not up for nail-biters two games in a row. My friend said there is about a 20% chance she can get us tickets for the Final Four. I am not holding my breath but that was be a very good thing.

I hope that player for Louisville ends up being able to play again. If not, I really hope he is working on a real degree instead of something just to stay eligible.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Cedar Grove, TN

#83311 Apr 1, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Spitters are quitters.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Cedar Grove, TN

#83312 Apr 1, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
Good Morning All!
Sounds like someone should have some aspirin handy.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#83313 Apr 1, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
That was absolutely horrible. I don't get why it happened. Players jump out like that all the time.

I hope that player for Louisville ends up being able to play again. If not, I really hope he is working on a real degree instead of something just to stay eligible.
My first thought was "Bone cancer? Calcium deficiency?" He has probably jumped like that hundreds of thousands of times in his life.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Knoxville, TN

#83314 Apr 1, 2013
So I just saw on CNN.com that the prosecutor in the James Holmes (Colorado shooter) case rejected a plea deal and says the State will move ahead and seek the death penalty. I have no problem with that since there is absolutely no question James Holmes did it. I am just on the fence as to which punishment is better. The death penalty is final and brings closure for the families and victims, and apparently Mr. Homes doesn't want to die, so I say off with his head. On the other hand, I think being in jail for the reset of your life would be perpetual hell for someone like him and I think that would be a more fitting trouble given all the grief he has caused. But then I don't want all that money and resources spent on him. In the end I'd prly vote for the death penalty, but I am on the fence.

Thoughts?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#83316 Apr 1, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
So I just saw on CNN.com that the prosecutor in the James Holmes (Colorado shooter) case rejected a plea deal and says the State will move ahead and seek the death penalty. I have no problem with that since there is absolutely no question James Holmes did it. I am just on the fence as to which punishment is better. The death penalty is final and brings closure for the families and victims, and apparently Mr. Homes doesn't want to die, so I say off with his head. On the other hand, I think being in jail for the reset of your life would be perpetual hell for someone like him and I think that would be a more fitting trouble given all the grief he has caused. But then I don't want all that money and resources spent on him. In the end I'd prly vote for the death penalty, but I am on the fence.
Thoughts?
Hard to say, pretty much for the reasons you said. It's not like there's any danger of executing an innocent man, but the mandatory appeals process with the death penalty sucks up so much time and money. I'd probably be fine with him rotting in jail, too.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#83317 Apr 1, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
Thoughts?
He did it. I'm not in favor of spending money on him either. At the same time, I don't think any State should put to death anyone as that is legalized murder. I do think rotting in jail for the rest of your life is a tougher sentence than a humane death.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#83318 Apr 1, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
Thoughts?
Death penalty cases have lots of automatic appeals. Holmes sounds like he could bring a pretty strong insanity defense.

I wonder if anyone has don a cost comparison of the amount neded to keep a healthy 25 year old in jail fr life as compared to teh costs of trial, appeal and frying him.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#83319 Apr 1, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Death penalty cases have lots of automatic appeals. Holmes sounds like he could bring a pretty strong insanity defense.
I wonder if anyone has don a cost comparison of the amount neded to keep a healthy 25 year old in jail fr life as compared to teh costs of trial, appeal and frying him.
Yes. It's actually cheaper to keep someone in prison for life than to execute them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min John Galt 1,144,208
Boycott all Topix Sponsors 14 min People Please 6
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min OzRitz 48,591
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min wojar 180,944
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 1 hr Molly Pitcher 1,262
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,797
2 Blue Island brothers in line for 6 government... (Nov '13) 3 hr Mind Your Business 53
Oak Park Dating
Find my Match

Oak Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oak Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oak Park

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:00PM
Breaking Down What Colt McCoy Brings to the Washington Offense in Place of RGIII
NBC Sports 4:45 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Bears season falls into irrelevancy
NBC Sports 4:50 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Megatron reaches 10,000 yards
Bleacher Report 5:33 PM
Bears vs. Lions Video Highlights
Yahoo! Sports 6:07 PM
Lions, Eagles serve up Thanksgiving Day routs