River Grove Library

Posted in the Oak Park Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
flossy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 24, 2011
 
I wish they would just shut up!!!!!!!!! at the River Grove LIbary
Soupy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 4, 2011
 
No kidding...the people working at the front desk, especially the younger women just yak yak yak yak..some of us using the computers would like to have some quiet. And not only that....they gossip about themselves. That library is so unprofessional.
Marie

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 4, 2011
 
I agree...it seems the library staff has nothing to do... they are always standing around the front desk talking all the time. I never see them working. The only person who was nice and always working was that little older lady with the glasses and gray hair. In fact the older ladies seemed to be working more than the younger ladies. Truly unprofessional..
Mr Blake

Palos Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 5, 2011
 
I was at the library and you are right..the ladies behind the desk are quite noisy. I know everything about one of the girls life. Maybe it is because the library is small, but please be considerate. I always picture the librarians telling the patrons to shushh..but come one.. when the patrons have to tell the staff to be quiet.. that tells you something is wrong.
Bert

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 19, 2011
 
Staff is very inconsiderate. And the computers keep breaking down. Also they never clean the computers after people use them. I had a person wipe is runny nose and then grab the computer mouse at the computer. How disgusting. Also the library is not equipped for handicapped. There is no computer for a wheelbound person. In fact the doors are very cumbersome to walk in even for those who are not handicapped.
When is the new library going to break ground?
Heather

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 21, 2011
 
I wish the library would be open on Sundays. That is the only day I have with my kids and the library is closed. I usually wind up going to other libraries and take out their books which is a drag, because I have to keep going back to those libraries. I live half a block from the River Grove library. It stinks.
JJ Lee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 21, 2011
 
I just got back home after a trip to the Chicago area. I don't have time for libraries or books, but the people I viseted said the Schiller Park Library was the worst in all respects.
Young Unprofessionals

Harwood Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 31, 2011
 
There's a young woman who works at this library and the Northlake one who's also pretty rude. Northlake library also had a young burly manager who was very belligerent. And as the above poster says, they're not very friendly in Schiller Park either.

A lot of good people are looking for work. Maybe these libraries will start hiring people who will be more thankful they have a job.
mickey miguel

Franklin Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 1, 2011
 
You know why they have them looks on there faces.
Because they hate there jobs and it shows.
joe

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 9, 2011
 
I know of who you are referring to and I disagree with you. This young lady is a very nice lady and she is smart. You probably dont like her because she is smarter than you.. and you are intimidated by her brains.
Young Unprofessionals wrote:
There's a young woman who works at this library and the Northlake one who's also pretty rude. Northlake library also had a young burly manager who was very belligerent. And as the above poster says, they're not very friendly in Schiller Park either.
A lot of good people are looking for work. Maybe these libraries will start hiring people who will be more thankful they have a job.
George

Elmwood Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 14, 2011
 
seems like you are a library stalker.
Young Unprofessionals wrote:
There's a young woman who works at this library and the Northlake one who's also pretty rude. Northlake library also had a young burly manager who was very belligerent. And as the above poster says, they're not very friendly in Schiller Park either.
A lot of good people are looking for work. Maybe these libraries will start hiring people who will be more thankful they have a job.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 14, 2011
 

Judged:

1

You know what's more effective than filing a complaint on this forum? Filing one at the library!
Helen

Elmwood Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 18, 2011
 

Judged:

1

I dont know what this girl did.. but she has been more than nice and professional to me. She went out of her way to help me. I think you are a grumblebum.
joe wrote:
I know of who you are referring to and I disagree with you. This young lady is a very nice lady and she is smart. You probably dont like her because she is smarter than you.. and you are intimidated by her brains.
<quoted text>
The Sultan of Swing

Elmwood Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 7, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Dave,Tom, Laura, Virginia, Jon, Phyllis, Chris and everyone else at the library...YOU ROCK.... BIG TIME. WE LOVE YOU.
zippy

Elmwood Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 22, 2011
 
definitely the staff at the library rocks..too bad we cant say th same for the mayor and the library board. Those two are the most inefficient hacks there are. Stuck in a rut and cant think of a new out of the box thought.
Ms Dill Pickle

Elmwood Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 1, 2011
 

Judged:

1

You forgot to mention Marissa... she is awesome.
The Sultan of Swing wrote:
Dave,Tom, Laura, Virginia, Jon, Phyllis, Chris and everyone else at the library...YOU ROCK.... BIG TIME. WE LOVE YOU.
vince

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 1, 2012
 
You might think about running for the board. There will be a couple of openings in 2013.
zippy wrote:
definitely the staff at the library rocks..too bad we cant say th same for the mayor and the library board. Those two are the most inefficient hacks there are. Stuck in a rut and cant think of a new out of the box thought.
buddy

Elmwood Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 13, 2012
 
sharla too..
Ms Dill Pickle wrote:
You forgot to mention Marissa... she is awesome.
<quoted text>
always looking

Elmwood Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

well all of the staff that were mentioned above are already gone.

And when I go there, the library is always quiet.

And now there is a tall, dark and handsome fella working at the desk. This will bring in the ladies for sure.

what a dream boat.

All ladies....make sure you make a visit to the library to check out this handsome man.
wise guy

Elmwood Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 11, 2013
 
they got some hot babes working there too now.

both guys and girls...

i can sit there and look at those girls walking by all day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oak Park Discussions

Search the Oak Park Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Waxman 1,072,722
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min OzRitz 45,539
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 17 min andet1987 401
easter house adoptions (Jan '11) 48 min meme 16
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,451
Hillside Academy more like jail than school (May '07) 1 hr Domingo 175
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Grand Birther 173,710
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 3:21PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Oak Park Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Oak Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oak Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Oak Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oak Park
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••