Jobs how do I get over 'Not willing t...

Jobs how do I get over 'Not willing to train' ?

Posted in the Oak Park Forum

Since: Sep 08

Palos Hills, IL

#1 Mar 10, 2013
The sad state of jobs in the United States is painful for the average joe here in America. It doesn't matter if you're a Republican or Democrat they both have reasons to support your not so local K1B-Visa Holder and NAFTA.

For Republicans its cheap labor overseas to where they go back treating and paying the employee less than livable wages before the whole Standard Oil Breakup.

For Democrats they see as a way to spread the wealth and empower developing nations.

For those who do not know what a K1B-Visa holder is....thats someone who is from another country but brought over to work here because there is no one who can fill that job but you can pay them less then what you'd pay an American as long as you make sure as a company to take care of living expenses.

We the workers know that's all bull and I am tired of jobs who can't get their own little K1B-Visa Indentured servant or have not off shored. They do not want to train the younger workers. For positions that require little skill in every each of the job market jobs not require many once Entry Level jobs to go to school and pay 1,500 or more for things like being a truck driver or learning how to operate a forklift.

It's like many of these managers do not want to train generation coming after them and are willing to take on undocumented workers who get paid in cash off the books. As a now middle aged American I've grown up in a country that fails to pass the torch on to the next generation.

In and around Chicago unless you know someone you'll never make a livable wage. Even these kids who go to College come out and have a hard time.

Then we have the government job credits which are now on every job site. Believe it or not the Government gives Tax Credits to hire someone with a felony! Why? I think background checks are not needed and a person who served time should get a fair shake but why is it we are paying for people who have a felony to get a job?

We are we giving tax credits for people on food stamps to get a part-time job? What about people on unemployment? No where do I see any tax credit for people who were working but laid of! Where are these tax credits?

Why is it the doors to young Americans who want a piece of the American Dream seem shut? I just want to work but it seems no company out there is willing to train around the Chicago area... Every place out there you either have to know someone, be able to help the company out with tax credits or you have to pay thousands for a 12 dollar an hour job.

Please tell me someone knows a company that's willing to take on people and train! Run them to work hard for 40 hours or more a week!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Into The Night 60,044
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 30 min OzRitz 1,394,925
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min Dr Guru 216,659
Insane Popes 34th Hoyne Park (Nov '12) 2 hr Haha 19
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 3 hr WasteWater 39
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 70,719
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr GEORGIA 8,865
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oak Park Mortgages