Next Last
why

United States

#2 Dec 1, 2008
God help us all
why

United States

#4 Dec 8, 2008
Do you think he and his wifw will actually stop for stop signs then?
bounty

Chicago, IL

#5 Dec 8, 2008
why wrote:
Do you think he and his wifw will actually stop for stop signs then?
do you stop for all stop signs? That is such a BIG campaign topic........
why

United States

#6 Dec 8, 2008
As a matter of fact I do. I don't feel the need to harm my children, my self or any other innocent person. Or paying someone (ticket fee) my money by being stupid and not stopping. Haven't had a ticket in 20 yrs THANKYOU.

Since: Dec 08

Oak Lawn, IL

#8 Dec 10, 2008
After reading the comments here I wonder if "why" is talking in circles. That is a shame. I live in the 1st District where Mr. Hurkes is the Trustee. Last year at Christmas he passed out FREE!! food to the senior citizens, and one lucky family was on my block so I know itís true. Does your Trustee do that?
Mr. Hurkes gathered volunteer students and Boy Scouts to help the elderly rake their leaves and clean out the gutters last month, does your trustee do that. And during the winter he personally uses a snow plow to clear the driveways for seniors that cannot shovel their driveways and sidewalks, does your trustee do that? I went to one of his local town hall meetings to learn about the new AT&T internet service that was coming to Oak Lawn last year. At least he was able to bring in people with the information for those who wanted to make a choice.
This talk about stopping at stop signs is petty little nonsense and gives no facts of substance only silly mud slinging. That does none of us any good. I watch the village meetings on cable all the time, we should all watch them and stay informed.
why

United States

#9 Dec 29, 2008
I guess the law doesn't apply to him
Blueblood

Oak Lawn, IL

#12 Jan 27, 2009
To the 30yr Resident you must lead a sheltered life and really do not care about your neighborhood because Mr. Hurkes does not. There are so many violations(city code and village code)that are abuused or not adheared to and this guy does nothing. I also live in the 1st district and all I can say this guy does nothing to enhance dist 1. sounds like another Blagojevich. (do nothing with out recompense) wake up and smell the coffee the jestures you mentioned are nothing but a figment of your warped imagination like his
Blueblood

Oak Lawn, IL

#13 Jan 27, 2009
If he ever become Mayor you will the first to kick yourself in the head. Boo
Blueblood

Oak Lawn, IL

#14 Jan 27, 2009
If your still looking for politics as usual(corrupt and do nothing) you will get with Hurkes
harnew road resident

Alsip, IL

#15 Jan 27, 2009
I hope he wins. I've already said I'll do anything I can for who ever runs against the present mayor. Heilman has ruined the village. He should be ashamed of himself for letting the personal attacks by Bob Streit go on at the village and public works board meetings.
Grow up boys.
oak lawn resident

Alsip, IL

#16 Jan 27, 2009
You're worried about stop signs, you should worry more about what the mayor and his pals have been doing. For example, all the new construction..... Who's looking at the plans and approving them?? Is anyone watching? Why do we need hundreds of condos and huge homes that are standing vacant. What about the monster houses that don't meet the codes but get built anyway? Ask the mayor who's living in them? Anyone he knows??

“bounty2963”

Since: Nov 08

oak lawn

#17 Jan 27, 2009
oak lawn resident wrote:
You're worried about stop signs, you should worry more about what the mayor and his pals have been doing. For example, all the new construction..... Who's looking at the plans and approving them?? Is anyone watching? Why do we need hundreds of condos and huge homes that are standing vacant. What about the monster houses that don't meet the codes but get built anyway? Ask the mayor who's living in them? Anyone he knows??
you are so right!! And what about Senior Citizens whose taxes have sky rocketed because of all the new condos and homes? Oak Lawn looks like the city with buildings crammed into each other little houses right next to hugh ones that towers over them...... what about the police who are getting fat and lazy because of the cameras at lights and so much more
oak lawn resident

Alsip, IL

#18 Jan 27, 2009
The mayor wants it to look like Naperville or other suburbs with the big homes....then he should go be the mayor there. We are all being taxed out of our homes!!!
bounty2969

Berwyn, IL

#19 Jan 27, 2009
papertowel boy you are an uninformed smf

“bounty2963”

oak lawn

#20 Jan 28, 2009
bounty2969 wrote:
huh?

“bounty2963”

oak lawn

#21 Jan 28, 2009
bounty2969 wrote:
oh and nice name couldn't think of one on your own?? That does require using a brain something which you might want to try and use your own!
why

Chicago, IL

#22 Jan 28, 2009
Blueblood ,
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Blue

Palos Hills, IL

#23 Jan 28, 2009
Bounty, in what ways are the police getting fat and lazy? Provide examples.

“bounty2963”

oak lawn

#24 Jan 28, 2009
ever seen the police inside the station sitting around or the one (forget his name) he is always spitting over his head and proud he can! Just seems like since they put those red light cameras up you do not see patrol cars out very much or when the gas station on SW and Cicero got robbed it took them like 8-10 minutes to respond to the 911 call and by then the robber was gone. Oh and no I wasn't locked up I was there for my wallet that got stolen....and I know some of them personally..........it is just my opinion
Blue

Palos Hills, IL

#25 Jan 28, 2009
Bounty, I am one. You have the report number? I can look up the times from when the call came out to when the first car on scene arrived.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Lawn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Bluestater 1,224,613
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 45 min jimi-yank 53,065
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Learn to Read 187,892
When are the new officials being sworn in? 2 hr Stunod 27
News Ridge heading toward fire protection district? (Jun '10) Apr 27 Struggling to Kee... 46
News Will Oak Forest Residents 'Give a Dog' a Park? (Jun '11) Apr 19 OF Mom 23
News 8 people shot across city since Monday afternoon Apr 15 reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Oak Lawn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]