Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52083 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#34441 Jul 6, 2012
CUZ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have asked my kids, and they are fine with it. They are good kids, honor roll students, etc. The only problems they have come from a very FEW peers who have parents who think like you and are raising their children to be bigots. Not to mention fact that many, many children of heterosexuals in this country are missing one or both parents anyway. Our kids know they have two parents who love them very much. That's all they really care about.
Right. I have spent over thirty years working with foster/adopted kids. That is pure ugly BS. Every chid in any situation missing a parent prefers their father and mother.
dick blisterod

Edwardsville, IL

#34443 Jul 6, 2012
thinking wrote:
Ask the gays how about MBLAman boy love assioation how do you condone that!!! Putting men and boys as mentors but useing them as sex pardners!!!!
I like to go to the hot dog eating contests and see how may wieners I can choke down but then again i had a lot of practice in th gay bars!
he is looking

Arnold, MO

#34444 Jul 6, 2012
dick blisterod wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to go to the hot dog eating contests and see how may wieners I can choke down but then again i had a lot of practice in th gay bars!
this old man is looking for a man. he lives in cahokia in a shack near the tracks and is ready to tack it in the crack.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34446 Jul 6, 2012
ned wrote:
Gay people are mentally ill because being on this planet demands that you go on via having your own children....they have none because the male wants the father to enter him from the rear and he equates that with love...it is not love...
and so what you're telling us is that the planet demands that you continue your genetic line. why do you believe that your genetic line is worth continuing?

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34447 Jul 6, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. I have spent over thirty years working with foster/adopted kids. That is pure ugly BS. Every chid in any situation missing a parent prefers their father and mother.
bullshit belongs in the barnyard. nobody would ever let you work near children and you know it. give it a miss.

not only that, but children in a same sex family have two parents. wtf is your problem, anyway? do you just want to spread your bias and hatred to see how far it goes and how many people you can hurt?

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#34448 Jul 6, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. I have spent over thirty years working with foster/adopted kids. That is pure ugly BS. Every chid in any situation missing a parent prefers their father and mother.
Your prejudice colors your experience.

I've worked over 40 years with abused and abandoned kids in foster homes and institutional settings as well as in family homes. I've seen kids with gay foster parents and gay adoptive parents who wanted to stay with their gay parents rather than return to abusive biological parents. The research also supports the conclusion that kids do best and want to be where they are appreciated and loved. Gender or sexual orientation of the parent is not the determining factor.

Meanwhile the irrational, scientifically unsupportable prejudice promoted by you and the hate troll of many names here, results in needless suffering and death.
CUZ

Chicago, IL

#34449 Jul 6, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. I have spent over thirty years working with foster/adopted kids. That is pure ugly BS. Every chid in any situation missing a parent prefers their father and mother.
Mine are not missing a parent. They have two. And I find it hard to believe that ''every child in any situation missing a parent prefers their father and mother''. Really? Because there are some pretty horrid parents out there.
CUZ

Chicago, IL

#34451 Jul 6, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Your prejudice colors your experience.
I've worked over 40 years with abused and abandoned kids in foster homes and institutional settings as well as in family homes. I've seen kids with gay foster parents and gay adoptive parents who wanted to stay with their gay parents rather than return to abusive biological parents. The research also supports the conclusion that kids do best and want to be where they are appreciated and loved. Gender or sexual orientation of the parent is not the determining factor.
Meanwhile the irrational, scientifically unsupportable prejudice promoted by you and the hate troll of many names here, results in needless suffering and death.
Thank you.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#34453 Jul 6, 2012
KiMare wrote:
Good question. Here are some responses and thoughts;
If you
believe denying marriage to a relationship
will prevent love
If you
demand any committed relationship
has to be called marriage
If you
claim rights and benefits can only be acquired
by a imposition on marriage
If you
equate the diversity of two genders
with the redundancy of same genders
If you
desecrate the sacred tradition of all major religions
and violate the historic practice of every single culture in history
If you
believe a fundamental change to the building block of society
will have absolutely no affect
If you
think a law can change
the reality of crucial distinctions in relationships
If you
pretend duplicating sexuality
is the same as blending masculinity and femininity
If you
condemn some children to parents of only one gender
and deliberately deny some children one natural parent
If you
ignore the design of sexual union
to manipulate a harmful act
If you
violate evolution's law of reproduction
to equate a genetic dead end
If you
risk the healthiest human relationship
to include one of the unhealthiest
If you
parallel the sole birthplace of every other relationship
with one that can reproduce none
If you
dilute all these things
down to just 'a committed relationship of two people'
Then, and only then, can you equate same-sex unions with marriage.
Thank you! So is it that they want their union to be called a marriage? If you called it what it is, a Civil Union, would it be a problem then?
What is your definition of unhealthy? I am confused on it causing a dead end. If the entire population were same sex relationships then ok I can see that being a possibility, however, this would never be the case. If anything we have too many people in the world as it is. I can't comment on the religious factor because that's determined on a personal belief and fortunately in AMerica we have separation of church and state. But to say that we would violate historic practice is false. If you research a time in history concerning the Romans you may be shocked to learn a few things.
Do you feel that a parentless child will be better off than one who has a loving parent to raise them? Or that a child raised by an adopted parent is worse off than one that has their natural parent?
Thanks for the discussion!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#34454 Jul 6, 2012
ned wrote:
Gay people are mentally ill because being on this planet demands that you go on via having your own children....they have none because the male wants the father to enter him from the rear and he equates that with love...it is not love...
I know plenty of people who do not want children and are not gay. Does this mean they are mentally ill? And how do you know what someone elses love is? Were you there to watch them? OMG you're gay! Ew! Gross! lol

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#34455 Jul 6, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
bullshit belongs in the barnyard. nobody would ever let you work near children and you know it. give it a miss.
not only that, but children in a same sex family have two parents. wtf is your problem, anyway? do you just want to spread your bias and hatred to see how far it goes and how many people you can hurt?
Did you miss my last post to you?

Your character is showing again...

You do your father well, your vocation, that's another story, isn't it?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#34456 Jul 6, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Your prejudice colors your experience.
I've worked over 40 years with abused and abandoned kids in foster homes and institutional settings as well as in family homes. I've seen kids with gay foster parents and gay adoptive parents who wanted to stay with their gay parents rather than return to abusive biological parents. The research also supports the conclusion that kids do best and want to be where they are appreciated and loved. Gender or sexual orientation of the parent is not the determining factor.
Meanwhile the irrational, scientifically unsupportable prejudice promoted by you and the hate troll of many names here, results in needless suffering and death.
You violate your vocation's ethics with that distorted BS. I'd love to report you. God help the children you've 'helped'...

Poor childcare happens in every setting. The bottom line? Children prefer and find the best setting most often is their biological mother and fathers.

Give me your 'study'. A actual one with research methods explained.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#34457 Jul 6, 2012
CUZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine are not missing a parent. They have two. And I find it hard to believe that ''every child in any situation missing a parent prefers their father and mother''. Really? Because there are some pretty horrid parents out there.
Who are you trying to convince?

Only one of you is their natural parent.

Every type of setting has it's failures, don't they? Is it fair to only point out one side? Maybe we could start a pissing contest on horror stories of children in gay and straight homes.

The astounding thing is that a real parent would actually question whether a child wants their real parents...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#34458 Jul 6, 2012
nfgc wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! So is it that they want their union to be called a marriage? If you called it what it is, a Civil Union, would it be a problem then?
What is your definition of unhealthy? I am confused on it causing a dead end. If the entire population were same sex relationships then ok I can see that being a possibility, however, this would never be the case. If anything we have too many people in the world as it is. I can't comment on the religious factor because that's determined on a personal belief and fortunately in AMerica we have separation of church and state. But to say that we would violate historic practice is false. If you research a time in history concerning the Romans you may be shocked to learn a few things.
Do you feel that a parentless child will be better off than one who has a loving parent to raise them? Or that a child raised by an adopted parent is worse off than one that has their natural parent?
Thanks for the discussion!
I appreciate that you are interested in learning perspectives. That was my goal when I first came on topix.

1. You understand correctly, I do not agree in calling gay unions marriage. Marriage defines a unique, important and distinct relationship. Gays have every opportunity to pursue rights, just as other groups (minorities, handicapped and yes, married people) have.

2. Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. From a gay friendly site;

"Anal sex has a number of health risks. Anal intercourse is the riskiest form of sexual activity for several reasons, including the following:"

http://www.webmd.com/sex/anal-sex-health-conc...

3. 96% of marriages result in children. Gay unions birth 0%. That is what I mean by a dead end. It is not a matter of population control, it is a matter of distinguishing relationships. You need to ask why gays do not want to establish their own identity on their own merits as every other minority has done.

4. I didn't reference a religious doctrine. I referred to a civilized sensitivity to culture and religions. Nor is it inaccurate to reference 'historic practice'. Marriage has been a part of every single culture in recorded human history. From start to finish of that culture. Gay 'marriage' has never been accepted in a single culture from start to finish. You referenced Roman culture. I am very familiar with it. Gay 'marriage' was never legal. In fact, when it did briefly arise, it was mocked by political peers. Additionally, why did gay 'marriage' not establish itself when it did happen and spread?

5. The simple facts are that on average, a child outside a biological family setting is worse off. I have a problem equating any situation with nature's design. A gay couple ALWAYS deprives a child of one gender and at least one parent. I have a severe problem with a gay couple DELIBERATELY birthing a child without both biological parents to raise them.

Thank you for your honest questions!

Since: Jan 10

Mason City, IL

#34459 Jul 6, 2012
Legalize gay marriage, this IS supposed to be a free country. How is it free if people can't marry who they love? If you don't like gay marriage, then don't get married to the same sex. Simple enough!
All that said I am a straight mother of 3 and I believe in God.
Dick Face Durbin

Romeoville, IL

#34463 Jul 6, 2012
How utterly creepy is this whole gay thing. Think about it man on man women on women just sends a chill up my spine.
GOPvsUSA

Romeoville, IL

#34464 Jul 6, 2012
You may have some credibility if you could learn to construct a sentence.
Saiperus wrote:
Legalize gay marriage, this IS supposed to be a free country. How is it free if people can't marry who they love? If you don't like gay marriage, then don't get married to the same sex. Simple enough!
All that said I am a straight mother of 3 and I believe in God.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#34465 Jul 7, 2012
Saiperus wrote:
Legalize gay marriage, this IS supposed to be a free country. How is it free if people can't marry who they love? If you don't like gay marriage, then don't get married to the same sex. Simple enough!
All that said I am a straight mother of 3 and I believe in God.
Marriage defines a distinct relationship.

You described marriage in your identity;

In every culture, in all of human history, marriage has been the union of diverse genders who bear the fruit of humanity.

It is the design of evolution and God.

Redundant genders united are sterile. They may be gay unions, but they are not marriage.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#34466 Jul 7, 2012
nfgc wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! So is it that they want their union to be called a marriage? If you called it what it is, a Civil Union, would it be a problem then?
What is your definition of unhealthy? I am confused on it causing a dead end. If the entire population were same sex relationships then ok I can see that being a possibility, however, this would never be the case. If anything we have too many people in the world as it is. I can't comment on the religious factor because that's determined on a personal belief and fortunately in AMerica we have separation of church and state. But to say that we would violate historic practice is false. If you research a time in history concerning the Romans you may be shocked to learn a few things.
Do you feel that a parentless child will be better off than one who has a loving parent to raise them? Or that a child raised by an adopted parent is worse off than one that has their natural parent?
Thanks for the discussion!
This list fails to provide any scientifically justifiable excuse or legitimate governmental interest sufficient for denial of equal treatment under the law as required by the constitution. It is based on prejudice alone.

It also ignores that ability for procreation has never been a requirement to get a marriage license.

And while gay people will never be the majority, even if everyone turned gay tomorrow, people would still have children. Gay people can and do reproduce, using all of the same wide variety of methods available to straight couples who need assistance. The turkey baster method is the most popular method of assisted reproduction at home, and requires no medical assistance. Some couples choose to use biological material from one partner combined with the biological material from a relative of the other partner, so that the child is related to both partners. Some women choose to use the fertilized egg from one, implanted in the other so that one parent is the biological mother while the other parent is the birth mother.

For many couples, being biologically related is not important, and they simply adopt.

Adopted children can do just as well and are often treated better than biological children.

30 years of research shows children of gay couples can do just as well as those from straight couples, and the determining factor is the relationship between the parents and child, not the gender of the parents.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#34467 Jul 7, 2012
"Same sex marrriage in early Christian
Contrary to myth, Christianity's concept of marriage has not been set in stone since the days of Christ, but has constantly evolved as a concept and ritual.

Prof. John Boswell, the late Chairman of Yale University’s history department, discovered that in addition to heterosexual marriage ceremonies in ancient Christian church liturgical documents, there were also ceremonies called the "Office of Same-Sex Union" (10th and 11th century), and the "Order for Uniting Two Men" (11th and 12th century).

These church rites had all the symbols of a heterosexual marriage: the whole community gathered in a church, a blessing of the couple before the altar was conducted with their right hands joined, holy vows were exchanged, a priest officiatied in the taking of the Eucharist and a wedding feast for the guests was celebrated afterwards. These elements all appear in contemporary illustrations of the holy union of the Byzantine Warrior-Emperor, Basil the First (867-886 CE) and his companion John.

Such same gender Christian sanctified unions also took place in Ireland in the late 12th and early 13th centuries, as the chronicler Gerald of Wales (‘Geraldus Cambrensis’) recorded.

Same-sex unions in pre-modern Europe list in great detail some same gender ceremonies found in ancient church liturgical documents. One Greek 13th century rite, "Order for Solemn Same-Sex Union", invoked St. Serge and St. Bacchus, and called on God to "vouchsafe unto these, Thy servants [N and N], the grace to love one another and to abide without hate and not be the cause of scandal all the days of their lives, with the help of the Holy Mother of God, and all Thy saints". The ceremony concludes: "And they shall kiss the Holy Gospel and each other, and it shall be concluded".

Another 14th century Serbian Slavonic "Office of the Same Sex Union", uniting two men or two women, had the couple lay their right hands on the Gospel while having a crucifix placed in their left hands. After kissing the Gospel, the couple were then required to kiss each other, after which the priest, having raised up the Eucharist, would give them both communion.

Records of Christian same sex unions have been discovered in such diverse archives as those in the Vatican, in St. Petersburg, in Paris, in Istanbul and in the Sinai, covering a thousand-years from the 8th to the 18th century.

The Dominican missionary and Prior, Jacques Goar (1601-1653), includes such ceremonies in a printed collection of Greek Orthodox prayer books,“Euchologion Sive Rituale Graecorum Complectens Ritus Et Ordines Divinae Liturgiae”(Paris, 1667).

While homosexuality was technically illegal from late Roman times, homophobic writings didn’t appear in Western Europe until the late 14th century. Even then, church-consecrated same sex unions continued to take place.

At St. John Lateran in Rome (traditionally the Pope's parish church) in 1578, as many as thirteen same-gender couples were joined during a high Mass and with the cooperation of the Vatican clergy, "taking communion together, using the same nuptial Scripture, after which they slept and ate together" according to a contemporary report. Another woman to woman union is recorded in Dalmatia in the 18th century."

http://www.christianity-revealed.com/cr/files...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Lawn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min woodtick57 1,347,904
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min Earthling-1 57,320
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Dr Phil 207,642
Word (Dec '08) 25 min boundary painter 5,651
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 28 min boundary painter 1,847
abby2-12-16 30 min boundary painter 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 35 min boundary painter 7,323
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oak Lawn Mortgages