Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232653 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#665051 Jun 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
But I like it. You & your buddy Geppetto have nothing to say to defend your party's actions.
I am not nor ever have been a republican. Meathead!!! Actually was raised a democrat. WV democrats are to the right of most republicans. Something you will never understand. You may call me Archie. I consider it an honor!
HIRE the GOP

Lakewood, NJ

#665052 Jun 19, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
oh these clueless waters.....
these extremists on here,
Yeah mannnnnnnn,
kick close to 7 million off medical insurance!!
The USA should just pay for all of them to go to the ER!!
Why allow med. insurance for citizens,
that is communism!!
no DB, that is common sense, and costs less than the way the USA pays now!!
Do you think republicans are all extremists like YOU?
Ask them why they voted FOR OBAMA last time?
and will again!!
Mitt Mitt the POS!!! just loves right wing extremists!!
but they are falling in numbers everyday!!
don't vote for the filthy rich azzzzzzzzhole!!!
Romney "feels" your stupidity.
HIRE the GOP

Lakewood, NJ

#665053 Jun 19, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
Mitt Mitt YOU GIANT POS!!!
Rich Guy Tax Cuts so Far:
1986 capital gains tax rate 33% <--- Who Complained? GOP?
1990 capital gains tax rate 28% <---- TAX CUT!!!
This gave Mitt $1 Million Dollars per year!!
2002 capital gains tax rate 20% <---- TAX CUT!!!
This gave Mitt $3 Million Dollars per year!!
2003 capital gains tax rate 15% <---- TAX CUT!!!
This gave Mitt $4 Million Dollars per year!!
Mitt, baby, YOUR taxes are so low already, 13.9% tax rate!! On MILLIONS per month!!
Mitt Mitt YOU GREEDY POS!!!
On TV 50 times a day: Cut My Taxes!! waaaah waaaah waaaah
Tell Mitt Romney: stfu!!!
Romney is actually beginning to enjoy your stupidity.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#665054 Jun 19, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the difference is that Fox gets an infinite number of strikes before they're out.
At least to the dittohead crowd.
"Dittohead", that still cracks me up.
Do you know how the term 'Dittohead' came about?

Since: Dec 07

United States

#665055 Jun 19, 2012
Children Heckled While Singing Patriotic Song

A group of New York City children banned from singing “God Bless the USA” at a graduation ceremony were heckled by adults when they sang the song at a nearby playground.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stor...

Sick f**k liberals.

Since: May 11

Mountville, PA

#665056 Jun 19, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: the GOP should bow to the Messiah's demands because he's only trying to help us, the struggling middle class.
The stimulus bill that passed was not much different from the stimulus bill the Republicans wanted.

Both would have helped us.

The Republicans should have rooted for America to recover instead working against it.

Notice after 9-11, the Democrats stood behind Bush.

After this economic disaster, the Republicans never stood behind Obama.

Since: May 11

Mountville, PA

#665058 Jun 19, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I am not nor ever have been a republican. Meathead!!! Actually was raised a democrat. WV democrats are to the right of most republicans. Something you will never understand. You may call me Archie. I consider it an honor!

So you're a sidelines stone thrower that just happens to support mainly Republicans.

You do realize that Archie Bunker was basically ignorant & quite the bigot.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#665059 Jun 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now Tenzing. Temper, temper.
"Many on the right" don't like Obama because he is black is a pretty broad and inclusive statement.
And you keep defending it.
Now say you're sorry. To me.
I'm not defending his statement, I don't need to, it defends itself. You see the proof of it every day right here. You called him a liar and claimed he said all racists were in one party which pretty much just makes you the liar.

I'm sorry you're a compulsive liar ... better?
HIRE the GOP

Lakewood, NJ

#665060 Jun 19, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
let's see what happens when ONE RICH GUY,
like Mitt Mitt YOU POS!!!
gets a $4,000,000 tax cut in ONE YEAR,
Remember, This ONE GUY was already the richest in town,
had 4 or 5 luxury homes, 10 luxury cars, boats, trucks, vacation homes, plush retirement plans for every member of the family, plush medical insurance for every member of the family, etc.......
Before the tax cuts, already had all this!!
Then, this ONE RICH GUY is handed $4,000,000 free money from the USA Treasury, who then borrows to replace it!!
Dose this ONE RICH GUY, with all this free money go spend every dime of it?
NO!!
He just hoards it,
what? he already has the best of everything!!
is he going to help the economy by buying:
4 or 5 more luxury homes?
50 more luxury cars?
175,000 bags of groceries?
500 visits to the Dr.?
400 more visits to the hardware store?
NO! it's just ONE RICH GUY, remember?
He just hoards it!! No trickle down, it didn't work.
IT DOES NOT WORK, NO TRICKLE DOWN!!
Just pure greed, on display,
Mitt, baby, YOUR taxes are so low already, 13.9%!!!
Romney thinks you're a laugh riot!

Since: Dec 07

United States

#665061 Jun 19, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the difference is that Fox gets an infinite number of strikes before they're out.
You "guess" wrong. And with all those racist Obama haters you claim are out there, why does a national media network have to invent the racist hate?
Florida

Lithia, FL

#665062 Jun 19, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
let's see what happens when ONE RICH GUY,
like Mitt Mitt YOU POS!!!
gets a $4,000,000 tax cut in ONE YEAR,
Remember, This ONE GUY was already the richest in town,
had 4 or 5 luxury homes, 10 luxury cars, boats, trucks, vacation homes, plush retirement plans for every member of the family, plush medical insurance for every member of the family, etc.......
Before the tax cuts, already had all this!!
Then, this ONE RICH GUY is handed $4,000,000 free money from the USA Treasury, who then borrows to replace it!!
Dose this ONE RICH GUY, with all this free money go spend every dime of it?
NO!!
He just hoards it,
what? he already has the best of everything!!
is he going to help the economy by buying:
4 or 5 more luxury homes?
50 more luxury cars?
175,000 bags of groceries?
500 visits to the Dr.?
400 more visits to the hardware store?
NO! it's just ONE RICH GUY, remember?
He just hoards it!! No trickle down, it didn't work.
IT DOES NOT WORK, NO TRICKLE DOWN!!
Just pure greed, on display,
Mitt, baby, YOUR taxes are so low already, 13.9%!!!
RealDave Post#664387:- This is what I love about you right wingers.
You are so sure your information is correct.
Who told you this????
1) He was hired by a church based group to be a community organizer. Not a public sector job.
2) He worked for a privately owned law firm between law school & the IL State Senate.
3) He worked as Lecturer at the University of Chicago, A private educational institution.
4) We was self employed as an author, making millions of dollars.
There are 4.
So how did you get so stupid?
-
Number (4) Filthy Rich azzholes? obama??
-
It's the culture

Location hidden

#665063 Jun 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Geppetto here knows more than the CBO.
He's much rather back the party that passes bills without concern about paying for them
How is that Medicare drug program woprking out for you.
Tax cuts for the wealthy will add how many billion to the national debt?? Pay for them? Nay.
When the ACA was passed, there was funding in the bill for pay for the costs associated with it. I realize, Geppetto, that this is a new & novel way to legislate for you right wingers.
According to the National Debt Clock $20.8 trillion in unfunded liabilities ($5 trillion more than SS). Thanks Republicans!
Anonymous

Lubbock, TX

#665064 Jun 19, 2012
i would not vote for this jackass if was the person on earth he is all for him self and will you and every one else out to get what he wants . your a big fool if u put him in againg u can bend over and kiss this world good bye if he get rehired

Location hidden

#665065 Jun 19, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know how the term 'Dittohead' came about?
Nope. What baffles me is why Rush's faithful would proudly proclaim themselves "dittoheads". I've seen 'em do it, en masse.

Its embarrassing.
Florida

Lithia, FL

#665066 Jun 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're a sidelines stone thrower that just happens to support mainly Republicans.
The evidence that many demokkkRats really are Aryan white-on-black racist is revealed by Joe Biden's 'clean and articulate' comment about obama. It wasn't Jesse Jackson's political radicalism that kept him from gaining any traction in the Aryan (D)party, it was Jackson's authenticity. The white Aryan demos would never consider someone who talks black for president like Cain.
-
It's the culture...
Tournefort

Richmond, IN

#665067 Jun 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was you right wingers using the gassing of the Kurds as a reason to invade Iraq is beyond stupid....
Iraq's continued material breach of its cease-fire DISARMAMENT OBLIGATIONS was the trigger for the invasion of Iraq, not the gassing of the Kurds. As of March 2003, Iraq still had not fulfilled its obligation to provide FFCD ... Full, Final and Complete Disclosures ... of all its WMD programs.

1) In January 2003 Hans Blix began his first report to the UN by summarizing the 1991 cease-fire conditions:

"In 1991, resolution 687 (1991),adopted unanimously as a part of the cease-fire after the Gulf War,had five major elements. The three first related to disarmament. They called for:

- declarations by Iraq of its programmes of weapons of mass destruction and long range missiles;

(FFCD - Full, Final and Complete Disclosures, one each for chemical, biological, nuclear and delivery programs)

- verification of the declarations through UNSCOM and the IAEA;

- supervision by these organizations of the destruction or the elimination of proscribed programmes and items."

2) In September 1998, SEVEN years after that cease-fire agreement, inspector Scott Ritter testified before Congress:

"We do not know the totality of what Iraq has. What we do know is that the declarations they have made to the Special Commission to date are false. And the explanations that they give to us about how they disposed of weapons are wrong. And therefore we know we have a job to do. How much longer will it take? I can say this, and I'll echo the words of the executive chairman. If Iraq gave us today a full and final accounting of all of its weapons of mass destruction -- programs and retained weapons capabilities -- our job would be over very quickly. But because we don't have such an accounting, our job has become a mission of discovery. We must go forth and find these weapons that Iraq is hiding."

Four months after that report, inspections came to an end without that "full and final accounting of all of its weapons of mass destruction".

3)In 1999, UNSCOM gave a final disarmament report to the UN. "UNSCOM - Report to the Security Council - 25 January 1999
REPORT : DISARMAMENT" http://www.fas.org/news/un/iraq/s/990125/dis-...

In that detailed report, UNSCOM echoed Ritter's comments. It stated "From the inception of the relevant work, in 1991, Iraq's compliance has been limited. Iraq acknowledges that, in that year, it decided to limit its disclosures for the purpose of retaining substantial prohibited weapons and capabilities."

"Iraq's disclosure statements have never been complete"

" ... the Commission has been obliged to undertake a degree of forensic work which was never intended to be the case. This was derived, virtually exclusively, from Iraq's inadequate disclosures, unilateral destruction and concealment activities"

4) In November of 2002, Iraq was given a final opportunity to comply with the WMD declarations obligation.

UBSCR 1441 said the UNSC "Decides that, in order to begin to comply with its disarmament obligations ... the Government of Iraq shall provide ... a currently accurate, full, and complete declaration of all aspects of its programmes to develop chemical,biological, and nuclear weapons, ballistic missiles, and other delivery systems ... "

5) In his 2003 reports to the UN, Hans Blix speaks of Iraq's increased cooperation on inspections (process).

However, he did NOT report progress on those FFCD. Blix reported that much of Iraq's December WMD declaration was out-of-date and incomplete. It did not address the outstanding issues remaining from 1998. He said Iraq's failure to provide documentation was the most serious problem UNMOVIC faced.

5)March 2003: Iraq was STILL limiting its disclosures and not providing inspectors with the required documentation. It still had not fully complied with its cease-fire obligations of 1991.
dum_4_my_ ntire_life

Euless, TX

#665069 Jun 19, 2012
Liberal4Life wrote:
<quoted text>Get a Life You Far Right Loser Wannabe Mitlitant without access to Unemployment Benefits and Health Care Your Sorry Jack Azz Loving Corporate Radical Fascist would be History!!! You live of the Boob of The Koch Brothers You Darn Loser I'll bet you can't even hold a Real Job much less have any formal Education except if you consider listening to Rush Bimbo and Glenn Beck "U' University count for an education??? Get A Life You Far Rightl Loser Before I stick My Boot Up Your Sorry Arse!!!!! JaJaJaJaJaJa!!!!!=)!!!
Boohoo teat suckler!

You are not ashamed of your suckling time: its all you know as you have been doing it your entire life. When anyone threatens your Aff Action breast you spazzz out.

You wont last long....we can fly...you can't....you won't live without obama.....you are pathetic...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#665070 Jun 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should go back and watch a few reruns. You might be surprised.
john

Perris, CA

#665071 Jun 19, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks...
don't keep track that closely about who is who except for a few particularly obnoxious phonies...
....if you dont pay attention, the next language you will learn, may not be what you expected!!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#665072 Jun 19, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. What baffles me is why Rush's faithful would proudly proclaim themselves "dittoheads". I've seen 'em do it, en masse.
Its embarrassing.
Baffled? Not too sharp, are ya?

Not that anyone cares much, but what could you possibly have against a little ol' punctuation mark that means "as already stated or likewise?"

My guess is you're just bein' a jerk like always. Am I close?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Lawn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blue Island go to your page 13 min Doubting Thomas 1
So Midlothian is Short on Cash... 16 min Doubting Thomas 11
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Jock Itch been had 189,861
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 35 min Michael Satterfield 99,538
Blue Island Water (Oct '14) 35 min Unlikely Event 46
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min Trey LaTrache 53,489
abby 5-25-15 1 hr RACE 2
More from around the web

Oak Lawn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]