State Police investigators are examining the Oak Hill Volunteer Fire Department's finances after an internal audit indicated funds may have been embezzled.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.
#22 Feb 2, 2010
Wow, yeah I'm gonna agree you definetly don't get much of the real story in the news. Thanks for clarifying.
#23 Feb 2, 2010
latest word. charges are pending, but are waiting until after the Levy vote on Saturday. There are concerns that with all the negative press the Levy may not pass. The Levy is combined now, it includes, law enforcement, fire, and education. Displeasure in the Sheriffs Dept and no votes could inturn effect education levies and fire protection. I believe the reason for this combination, was that the levy votes in the past have been extremely close, and tying education into the nut roll ensures it will pass
#24 Feb 2, 2010
Just to say one more thing. The majority of fireman and police officers throughout the county do a honorable job and truely have the best interests of the citizens in mind. But there are some bad apples that ruin the reputation of those who truely do protect and serve. Until, we can put folks in office that have the "stones" to make a positive change, it will always be business as usual. With that being said, voting against the levy, only punishes good departments. The bad apples will always be bottom feeders and get through. Plus, who wants to see the kids suffer for what a bad officer did?
#25 Feb 2, 2010
its not just officers that are bad,,,,it goes up the ladder.anytime someone can STEAL 60,000 dollars and get 90 days in jail ,,,,well nuff said
#26 Feb 3, 2010
Questions that are never answered in Fayette County.
1. Whatever happened to Sheriff Kesslerís daughter who was arrested after stealing drugs and money from the sheriff department evidence locker?
2. What happened to former assistant prosecutor Hewitt after she went on a drunken rampage pulling a gun on her lovers ex?
3. Why was the only drug unit (TRIDENT) in Fayette County dismantled?
4. How come the members (Mostly Deputies) of the Iron Pigs Motorcycle Club are allowed to participate in outlaw biker parties that lead to them drinking and driving? Hey Sheriff Kessler, how do you feel having these guys represent your department? Not to mention their belief they are a gang 99%er.
5. Why are cops hanging out on a regular bases at the local bars, should they not be held to higher standards?
6. Why is it ok for Fayette County Commissioner Lopez to participate in an organized gambling ring that meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays beside Pizza Hut in Smithers?
7. Why did Judge Hatcher throw out the largest drug bust (Johnny Glassburn of smithers, wv) in probably the history of Fayette County?
8. Why are murders like Charles Keenan and Gene Carol allowed to walk free?
9. Why was the Martin boy not charged with the murders of the three boys at Stringtown?
10. Whatever happened to Pat Atkins?
11. What happened to the Jonathan Skaggs investigation? Skaggs was murdered and burned in a fire pit in Fayette County.
12. Why is BB (Owner of Montgomeryís Bennyís Bar and Grill believe his real name is Bobby Pauley) allowed to continue running his underground Football Gambling Cards?
13. Why is Fayetteville Police Officer Chad Vickers allowed to write DUIs when he is barely able to drive his personal vehicle sober?
14. What happened to Ex-Chief Gary Purdue and his alleged strong arming of Ex-Chief Lopez cab company?
15. Whatís going on with these fire departments in Fayette County? There have been 2 or 3 within the last several months. Smithers closing and one of their members stating on tv that the finances were unknown and now a rogue deputy/firefighter from Oak Hill.
16. Donít forget Levitt and Hutch in Montgomery!
17. Hey isnít this Mr. Woodrumís (Arrested 2009) second go around with stealing Fayette County Tax dollars?
18. Is there anyone out there that cares enough to do something about this? How much more do you need.
19. FBI PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
20. Start a change and at least vote Lopez out this election year and donít forget that Levy Election This Week, Oops shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not supposed to mention that!
#27 Feb 3, 2010
Wow I love to hear the answers to the questions listed above.
I personaly want to know about #11 Jon Skaggs. How do you let someone murder and burn someone (alive) in a pit behind your house and not even get questioned much less arrested and convicted.
#28 Feb 3, 2010
If anyone from the County reads this you may hear of them falling out. I dont think they have ever seen this much truth on one page.....for crying out loud we know they dont know how to tell the truth...wonder if they are capable of reading the truth??
#29 Feb 3, 2010
I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN POLICE OFFICERS ARE YOUR BIGGEST CROOKS, THEY GET BY WITH IT THAT IS WHY THEY ARE CROOKED... ALL OF THE FAYETTE LAW SYSTEM IS CROOKED, MT HOPE PD IS CROOKED, FAYETTEVILLE PD IS CROOKED, GAULEY BRIDGE IS CROOKED SMITHERS IS CROOKED.. THEY POCKET CASH FROM TICKETS MT HOPE IS THE WORST ONE BUT HAVE YET TO GET CAUGHT THAT IS WHY THE PULL OVER OUT OF STATERS BECOUSE THEY DONT KNOW THEM LIKE WE ALL DO...
#30 Feb 3, 2010
Would anyone care to elaborate on #3? Don't know much about that. But the drugs in our area are COMPLETELY out of control. It's really sad.
#31 Feb 3, 2010
Trident supposedly ran out of money but the deputy under investigation for the Oak Hill volunteer fire department theft was a part of the Trident task force.
#32 Feb 3, 2010
Not to be off track with this article, but I think a couple more questions need to be answered.
1. Why was the Wipkey Brothers terminated from Summersville Police Department, but hired as the Chief and Assisted Chief in Gauley Bridge (Fayette County). How is it they are able to operate with a Ticket Budget equivalent to that of Oak Hill and Fayetteville? Thatís a lot of tickets being wrote, do you believe they are maybe fluffing tickets (adding extra MPH on peopleís speed, known of several people who stated they know for a fact they wasnít breaking the speed limit). And I wonder if there are any complaints filed by females out there on these guys.
2. Why is the Mayor of Gauley Bridge allowed to serve as the Mayor and Fire Chief? Didnít the Mayor of Pratt get in trouble for being the Police Chief and Mayor?
3. Why were some Police Officers in their police vehicles allowed to carry, deliver, and hand out Sheriff Candidatesí signs during this past Sheriff Election? It was mainly Lopez and Kessler signs? Where was Mr. Holiday when this was going on?
4. If you have a scanner then you know about this: How is it that Mount Hope Police have time to run radar on Rt. 19, but never seem to find time to respond to calls within their own town?
5. What gives Police Officers the right to speed and us the right to a ticket? Think about this: Try and recall a time when you was driving on turnpike, Rt. 19, or some other four lane in the county and noticed a police car coming up on you quickly with no lights. When you saw this what happen? I bet most will say that they moved over to the slow lane as they checked their speed. And after pulling over to that lane you realized that the cop was going about 10 -20 MPH over the speed limit. State law requires emergency vehicles to obey the same laws as you and me, but they can use their own judgment while responding to calls. However, if a cop on a four lane road is responding then they should be operating their lights and using their siren.
6. Why have no arrest been made in the Oak Hill Fire Department ordeal? I bet it will occur after the citizens of Fayette County cast their vote on the Fire/Police Levy this week!
7. What does it take to be part of the Iron Pig Motorcycle Club? If it is such a great club, then why do most law abiding police officers condemn their actions. Why do police officers in IPMC treat their women like property? What makes them any different from the Hells Angels or Avengers? I had read a posting by some outlaw bikers on their website several weeks ago and discovered that they see the IPMC as a rival gang. If anybody would like any national news on these guys, just Google Iron Pigs Motorcycle Club.
8. What was Ex Deputy and Montgomery Police Chief Washingtonís connection to George Brockman ďAKA Little GeorgeĒ?
9. Who else was involved with Ex-Gauley Bridge Police Officer Lee Jones?
10. How to become a politician in Fayette County:
1. Have money.
2. Make back room deals.
3. Cut peoplesí throats.
4. Buy votes.(Magistrates are pretty good at cutting deals with criminals of friends)
5. Sell your soul to the devil.
6. Once elected, find ways to take bribes.
7. Create a pack with the other politician for survival.
8. Donít go into the Black or White, but rather the Grey.
9. Blame others not yourself for the problems you helped to create.
10. Keep the News watch 4, and other local media gagged and on your side.
If you meet these qualifications, then apparently youíre the man/woman the county desires for office.
Once more I am pleading to anybody who cares not only for the Liberties of the people of Fayette County, but also the Liberties of us all to please stand up and say enough is enough. And if the FBI isnít too busy then maybe they might come to Fayette County and save it from the Corrupt Political System that fears nobody!
#33 Feb 3, 2010
How many people can testify to the fact of certain,(not all) Oak Hill police officers beating people in their custody? I personally know of 3 people close to me,(not ever mentioned in the news) whom they beat very badly. They've been known to use the baton a little to much while people are handcuffed. And before anyone says it, no I'm not a crackhead and neither were they. Not saying they were innocent, but there's some Rodney King beatings that go on around here. When you have 3 or more cops and the man or woman cuffed, there should be no reason to have to beat someone that badly.
#34 Feb 4, 2010
Why cant we just get along
#35 Feb 4, 2010
Great statement and that would be wonderful if we all could...but I just dont see myself getting along with the lying...deceitful...manipulati ve...corrupt people that are holding posirions in Fayette County. If you can get along with those people...maybe you should check into getting yourself a job there. Dont want that to sound hateful or sarcastic at all...but why would anyone that has any respect for themselves want to get along with those kind of people. Why cant we all pull together and get them out of there...is a more appropriate statement I do believe. I would hope that there are more honest..trustworthy..equal and fair people out there and we are not out numbered by the corrupt ones.
#36 Feb 4, 2010
I posted this on another topic concerning the Levy, encourage everyone to check out other peoples posting there.
Its not just one man, it is the politicians who will be in charge of the distribution of these levy funds (Your Tax Dollars)! If you havenít read any of my other posting, then I will paste them here. Fayette Resident, I know you sound like a great person but sometime in your life you will have to realize that the local government isnít as candy coated as you seem to believe. I know because I was in your shoes once. Trust me I wanted to believe in these guys, but the truth is there are too many questions that go unanswered in Fayette County. This is why I decided to leave the County several years ago. So I ask each to read my other postings and see if you can answer these questions please. And to Night rider, yes I do know where the ticket money goes. A percent goes to the State Police, the municipality in which the ticket was written (If city is issuer), State Police Academy, County (If brought before magistrate court) and sometimes the board of education. The levy didnít pay for the new police vehicles that Oak Hill, Fayetteville, Smithers, Gauley Bridge are driving. Check public records as you have a right to know how and where you tax dollars are being spent. If they were bought of the Levy, then where are Ansted, Montgomery, and Mount Hopeís new police vehicles? The bottom line is these towns with the exception of Montgomery write an excessive amount of unnecessary tickets. I think these tickets are double taxation. I defend this by asking you to name a drug dealer close to your home. Now think about this, if that cop wasnít so worried about writing a ticket for 5mph over the speed (Defective EquipmentÖ..) on Rt. 19, 60, 16, 35, or 61 then maybe He/She might do some real police work and remove the true problem in your neighborhood. Iím not making any ignorant comments, but rather I think we should wait until the investigation is completed. I bet the conclusion of the investigation will just so happen to be finished right after the Levy!
#38 Feb 5, 2010
Please tell me you did'nt just say that. So stealing is not that bad huh? Yeah it's not rape or molestation. There are alot of things in this world that are horrible. However stealing is a crime. No matter who you are. Just because you walk around with a badge does not make you invincible. They of all people should know that. I'm not saying he's guilty and I hope for his sake and the Sheriff's Department he's not. Because that place already has a bad rep because of poor judgement and poor morals.
#39 Feb 5, 2010
I also think your comments on taxpayer theft is disgusting. I can only surmise that you are a friend or relative of the accused. Betraying taxpayers trust and stealing their tax dollars justifies sending him to prison. If he is found guilty I do not want to see a 90 day jail sentence and a slap on the wrist this time. If this is swept under the rug then I will help organize a march on the court house.
#40 Feb 5, 2010
Whatever happened to Innocent Until Proven Guilty you ask?? You tell me since you are on top of everything else....there has never been an Innocent Until Proven Guilty in Fayette County...it always been....WHO YOU KNOW TO HELP YOU GET OFF...OR WHO YOU KNOW THAT CAN SWEEP IT UNDER THE RUG AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!! If you havent figured it out by now...I feel very sorry for you ...that you live in such a nieve lil world!!! Everyone working in this county has something on each other...so thats when you run into your problems...if one gets caught doing something they ALL start sweating wondering if that person is gonna roll over on another and another and well yo see where I am going with this..the ol domino effect!! Like I said many times before if this was your average everyday person...someone working at say a fast food place..or a dept store and had NO contacts or CONNECTIONS with THE FAYETTE COUNTY CLICK....they would have done crucified them!! Yes I also agree that NO ONE has led a perfect life and NO ONE ever will...we have all done things that we later regret or wish we could change...but most of us regular citizens paid the consequences for our actions..which is how it should work!! You make the statement that it isnt even a set thing thats its him yet..but funny thing on ALL the news reports his name is the only one mentioned...they havent even hinted around that there maybe others involved...just him!! His name and his name only is what you here about!!
#41 Feb 5, 2010
If you guys would even pay a little bit of attention on what is going on you would quit crying, pissin', and moaning about the levy. This has not one thing to do with the levy. The money in question was taken from city funds to the Fire Dept and not levy money. Most of you fuck-tards probably don't vote anyway. You have nothing better to do than get on here and talk smack. You say things like the taxpayers are being cheated, the fire depts are slow and don't know what they're doing, and those cops are dirty. The cops you can wave good-bye outside of any city (Then you're probably gonna hear whinning when the police isn't available to come to your home late at night when someone has broke in and butt-raped you.) Bet you won't say it then. The Fire departments will have to cut equipment they buy from levy money, Which interns a lower ISO score on your home insurance and Fire Dues that will cost you in the long run. The Levy is not going to raise your taxes, they've been here the last thirty years. I for one as well don't like being lied too, theft, and corruption. People should pay for their crimes and these people will get what is comming to them. Some of you say this will disappear after the levy, ARE YOU STUPID? Why the hell would anyone in the corrupt county as you say it is, let this kind of news come out before a big vote like this? Answer me that. Think before you speak or better yet don't.
#42 Feb 5, 2010
ha ha,you remind me of chris rock. you are right on point,,,keep em comin babe
Add your comments below
|Cheating husband||5 hr||Danielle||18|
|Donna ashwood||5 hr||Steven||8|
|last post wins! (Jan '11)||5 hr||75 Scorpio||1,116|
|Sewer Rates (Nov '14)||9 hr||Wrong||92|
|Game - Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Aug '11)||9 hr||-Glinda-||4,764|
|Kink or fetish||10 hr||Bill||4|
|King COAL BODY SHOP MANAGER IS A CROOK||16 hr||Big Shatika||3|
Find what you want!
Search Oak Hill Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC