NREparent

Saint Albans, WV

#1 Oct 4, 2012
IM SICK AND TIRED OF THE SCHOOL STAFF AT NEW RIVER ELEMENTARY NOT DOING ANYTHING TO THESE BUILLIES......MY CHILD GETS HIT ALL THE TIME AND PICKED ON AND ITS NOT RIGHT! THEY NEED TO DO SOMETHING WITH THESE BULLIES, BEFORE SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS. WE SEE ALL THE TIME WHERE A CHILD HAS KILLED THEM SELF OVER A BULLY....AND IT GOESON RIGHT HERE IN OAK HILL!
I TOTALLY AGREE

Mount Hope, WV

#2 Oct 4, 2012
I agree with you 100%!! Bullies need to be taken serious and put a stop to asap. Its sad that there are bullies in elementary school. I hope something is done for your child BEFORE something bad happens. I will say a prayer for your child. If the school wont do anything go to the board and if they won't go to the newspapers and news stations and then I bet they will. Fayette County BOE does NOT need any more problems. Good Luck to you and especially your child.
Unsatisfied
#3 Oct 4, 2012
I dont like NRE at ALL. They dont take complaints seriously. Their excuse is that they have over 700 students and cant monitor them all. Smh. Pathetic.
NREparent

Saint Albans, WV

#4 Oct 4, 2012
I TOTALLY AGREE wrote:
I agree with you 100%!! Bullies need to be taken serious and put a stop to asap. Its sad that there are bullies in elementary school. I hope something is done for your child BEFORE something bad happens. I will say a prayer for your child. If the school wont do anything go to the board and if they won't go to the newspapers and news stations and then I bet they will. Fayette County BOE does NOT need any more problems. Good Luck to you and especially your child.
Yes and thank you!
NREparent

Saint Albans, WV

#5 Oct 4, 2012
Unsatisfied wrote:
I dont like NRE at ALL. They dont take complaints seriously. Their excuse is that they have over 700 students and cant monitor them all. Smh. Pathetic.
Yes you are absolutely right! they dont watch the kids, and its awful....but what is a parent suppose to do? With the min.wage jobs you cant afford to send your kid to a private christain school, and if you homebound them they dont make friends, and if you keep them home...you go to jail....so they NEED TO DO SOMETHING AT NRE!
OakHillNeedsNewL eadership

Beckley, WV

#6 Oct 4, 2012
NREparent wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are absolutely right! they dont watch the kids, and its awful....but what is a parent suppose to do? With the min.wage jobs you cant afford to send your kid to a private christain school, and if you homebound them they dont make friends, and if you keep them home...you go to jail....so they NEED TO DO SOMETHING AT NRE!
I may not be a parent, but my younger brothers and sister went to New River Elementary and had several ongoing problems as well. I think things were fine around here when there was multiple schools in the area. I mean has anyone drove past the old East End Elementary School, it looks so bad in that area now. Why doesn't this area focus more on taking care of it's buildings, appearance, and town in a whole instead of wasting what is part of our tax money on useless causes that doesn't benefit our town in the least.
Sad

Oak Hill, WV

#7 Oct 4, 2012
I hate to tell you this but it only gets worse in middle school. It's terrible there as well. Something definately needs done. Parents feel helpless.

Level 4

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#8 Oct 4, 2012
If the bullies got their little asses busted by the parent or the school, then alot would change. Personally I think they need to bring paddling back into schools. I blame alot of it on the parent's of these bullies as well. Most parent's dont' or won't admit that their child is a bully! It's a shame that this school let's this go on and if I had a child that was being done this way in this particular school, then I would contact the BOE. If you get no satisfaction from the BOE, then it's time to call the new's stations!! Take whatever stand you need for your child and DO NOT allow this to go on and your child to be bullied!! I would hate to be a child and be in school nowdays and it's a shame that some of these little ones, and bigger ones as well, have to endure this!! PLEASE, seek whatever help you have to for your child!!
1 post removed
stand up

Hillsboro, WV

#10 Oct 7, 2012
you need to file a formal written complant with the board of education.follow up with state dept of education then the federal dept of ed if there are problems do this and stay on it a lot of problems lie with the adminstration seem not to care a awful much

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
breaking news chad wll be my bit@@ 59 min boo 2
does rachel simmons changes randy prince diapers? 2 hr terd 1
Who is the father Neal or Een???? 3 hr Deb 15
Who got hit? 4 hr Nope 5
Trump "the great deal maker" 7 hr snitch 13
Game - Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Aug '11) 7 hr Jon_B 4,957
Brandon Mims 8 hr lol 7

Oak Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance