First Prev
of 3
Next Last
GBR

Princeton, WV

#1 Apr 21, 2010
Foodland is family owned by the Meadows family in Fayetteville, we need more people to support our business to keep us up and running. I like to go to Walmart and Kroger, they have more to choose from, but you all need to support your local business before the BIG BOX RETAILERS run them out of your towns. Foodland offers fresh cut Meat and low prices and has a fresh Produce and Deli/Bakery that Caters and does Custom Cakes.
Rhinda

Beckley, WV

#2 Apr 21, 2010
I agree. I support this small business. There isnt muc left in oak hill these days. sad.
well

Beckley, WV

#3 Apr 22, 2010
Foodland in Oak Hill has the worst customer service in the world. If you go in there and shop, when you go to the checkout lines, they are backed up a mile long when there are employees outside smoking or hanging out in that office beside the registers. Not to mention, their prices are rediculous! I am all for shopping and supporting the smaller businesses, but when the prices are sky-rocketing, I prefer to go where I can get what I want alot cheaper!
Also, the last time I was there, a female emplyee with long dark hair was outside by the door smoking and blurting out profanities that would make the devil blush! I had my grandchild with me and this upset me to say the least!!! I told the lady in the office about it, but I am not sure if anything was done b/c she just acted as if she could care less about what I had to say! I just think that they could at least have a little more decency!
Bren

United States

#4 Apr 22, 2010
I go to Foodland all the time and have for years...they have supported our Football teams here in Oak Hill and never batted an eye doing it. Have always had friendly service and the management has been great! Will pass this info along. Thanks for sharing it.
1 post removed
GBR

Princeton, WV

#6 Apr 22, 2010
Thanks to all those who support our business.
JoAnn

AOL

#7 Apr 23, 2010
well wrote:
Foodland in Oak Hill has the worst customer service in the world. If you go in there and shop, when you go to the checkout lines, they are backed up a mile long when there are employees outside smoking or hanging out in that office beside the registers. Not to mention, their prices are rediculous! I am all for shopping and supporting the smaller businesses, but when the prices are sky-rocketing, I prefer to go where I can get what I want alot cheaper!
Also, the last time I was there, a female emplyee with long dark hair was outside by the door smoking and blurting out profanities that would make the devil blush! I had my grandchild with me and this upset me to say the least!!! I told the lady in the office about it, but I am not sure if anything was done b/c she just acted as if she could care less about what I had to say! I just think that they could at least have a little more decency!
I just found this to be the funniest thread. Esp the part about the 'female w/long dark hair' blurting out profanities! U go girls!
fde

Oak Hill, WV

#8 Apr 26, 2010
Well, I believe that is with every store, because everytime I'm in Wal-Mart they never have enough registers open. A line two miles long and one register open. I use to like to shop at Wal-Mart but not since they moved to Fayetteville. And Foodland not only supports the Oak Hill Football team, they donate to local organizations, I've never known them to say No. And until you have walked a mile in the long brown haired girl's shoes don't judge. You have no idea what was going on in her life that may have justified her using that language.
Hello

Beckley, WV

#9 Apr 26, 2010
I have to agree with "well". If a store that I am shopping has long lines and employees standing around doing nothing, I am going to shop elsewhere. I personally choose Foodland b/c I have always shopped there, but I have seen this happen myself, and yes, there was a time when it was so bad that I left my cart full of groceries in the line and left the store one day when this happened!
As for the "profain" employee---I have a sailor's mouth at times myself, but when I am at work, I do not use that kind of language in front of my customers...whether I am inside or outside! She should use a little discretion.
hmmm

Oak Hill, WV

#10 Apr 27, 2010
not sure which girl you are talkin about, but the girl there named mary is absolutely beautiful. i sometimes go to foodland just to see her smile :)
Get a Life People

United States

#11 Apr 27, 2010
IM TEAM FOODLAND!!
srw

Oak Hill, WV

#12 Apr 27, 2010
OMG, Please, that girl is pretty but she's not that pretty and she's kinda rude and stuck on herself.
hmm

Oak Hill, WV

#13 Apr 27, 2010
srw wrote:
OMG, Please, that girl is pretty but she's not that pretty and she's kinda rude and stuck on herself.
to each his own i guess lol. she has never been rude to me
GBR

Princeton, WV

#14 May 2, 2010
FDE sorry whoever you are but the long brown haired girl was fired. You shouldn't use any sort of bad language at work. You leave your problems at the door, don't matter what they are.
LLL

Oak Hill, WV

#15 May 14, 2010
To GBR, do you leave all of your problems at the door when you go to work?? I'm sure not and it sounds like you have a personal issue in this matter, who are you?????
1 post removed
Just_tell_the_tr uth

Beckley, WV

#17 May 15, 2010
I've been to Foodland twice in the past 9 years. Both times, I found the employees to be very impersonal and lacking a professional demeanor. It's not likely I will ever go back to Foodland again. In my opinion, Foodland management doesn't seem to understand that everything they sell is really just a commodity that can be bought at any other grocery store. Having employees with good hospitality skills could set them apart from competition. Nothing about Foodland rises above a level of mediocity.
Jay Leno

AOL

#18 May 17, 2010
Just remember folks: Foodland ain't paying much above minimum wage---if that. You get what u pay 4.
GBR

Princeton, WV

#19 May 18, 2010
I may have personal issue in this matter, but its none of your business! So who are you, do you work there?
LLL

Oak Hill, WV

#20 Jun 2, 2010
Hell no I don't work there. I just know that you don't judge people on what you may NOT know about them or what may be going on in their lives. Do you want to be judged by somebody that doesn't know you? I bet not.
jla

Oak Hill, WV

#21 Jun 2, 2010
agreed with LLL
Guy

Beckley, WV

#22 Jun 12, 2010
LLL wrote:
Hell no I don't work there. I just know that you don't judge people on what you may NOT know about them or what may be going on in their lives. Do you want to be judged by somebody that doesn't know you? I bet not.
Doesnt have anything to do with judging anyone. Ive went through difficult times and still been nice to customers. You dont take things out on other people cause you got some other crap going on, im guessing this girl was 18 or older and should relize she isnt a child anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tabby Cox Is Now Clean. 3 min Bus buff 15
Coal Mines Will Come Back To WV. 18 min tina 7
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 1,484
Gary Jennings 5 hr where 6
Game - Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Aug '11) 9 hr Jon_B 4,819
Lori jasper 11 hr Trish 2
News Fayette man convicted in murder trial 21 hr fam 1

Oak Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance