Why do people treat coal miners like ...
minerman

Minneapolis, MN

#94 Feb 9, 2013
U ignorant people.we are proud.not because of money but the fact we take our ass 2 miles underground between 2 rocks to feed our family and chase the 1 thing our country strives on.yes linemen and ever one else has there own job but come live in my 30 inch high world and i promise ill show you why we wear our strips in public and strut like hot shit.we are our own breed and no matter how much you shit talk us you will never hold up to what we go threw.
1 post removed
WOW

United States

#96 Feb 10, 2013
Miners make good money but what they don't say is how many double shifts and how many days a week they work to make that money a year. Yeah they get a couple weeks off a year for vacation. But who wants to send their loved one off everyday wondering are they going come back alive or get crushed to death or blew up etc... Let's look at weighing this out. I think people don't like miners cause their other half(not always better) makes them look bad cause they think they are better than everyone else. When I was growing up the mines were shut down and not a whole lot of people had jobs in the mines. It a pattern just look at history boom and bust. I hope those miners making all that money are saving a little bit of it for when the mines shut down. Don't get on that high horse cause on day its going to buck you and that's a long fall
truth

Peterstown, WV

#97 Feb 10, 2013
Its just a job no bg deal
Neutral

Chesapeake, VA

#98 Feb 10, 2013
A hero is born among a hundred, a wise man is found among a thousand, but an accomplished one might not be found even among a hundred thousand men.
Donkey Kong

Chesapeake, OH

#99 Feb 10, 2013
This is an aggravating subject. Why do all you coal miner's and wives assume that just because someone isn't a miner that they are waiting on their check? Coal mining is just a job like any other. Coal miner's don't deserve to be treated like heroes. Save that for the people that save lives.

Oh and one more thing. You miner's aren't keeping the lights on. If you would do any type of research you would be aware that the majority of the coal mined in this area is mined for steel mills.
3 posts removed
coalminerschild

Beckley, WV

#103 Feb 10, 2013
think they deserve respect as in other occupation fields for the risks they take underground I dont see many older coal miners walking around dirty and with their work clothes on think I started seeing the younger miners wearing their coal dust every where in public after the UBB horrific tragic nitemare in 2010 ,{that we also lost a very close friend and cousin in }and the series COAL possibly they think it gives them some kind of status? recognition? Hope they just go back the coal miner t shirts,jackets and caps and get rid of the dirt especially when I am eating my dad, my pawpaws .2 brothers,my uncles , and my ex were or are coalminers .never seen any of them dirty in public unless they ended up at the hospital when working or just got home .I do have respect for them just wish they would clean it up in public
7 posts removed
coalminerschild

Beckley, WV

#111 Feb 10, 2013
Backwoods Heathen wrote:
<quoted text>Well honey child, you must be pretty young, because people grew up rough here, miners and others. Maybe you should call your N@@@@er in Charge , Obama and complain some people are still willing to work and are proud of it.
Yes YOu are a nasty *ssBackwoods Heathen>I am 41 ,my family has been coal mining for years and yes doubt your as rough as you say and yep I 'd have ur @ss stomped in heart beat if you were in my face , so superman your not the only one that grew up here and its people like you that keep the rednecks being rednecks ( yep I am kin to some of them too ) lets hope the next time your *ss comes in my ER and I am working , that I did wash my hands before I take care of you and I didnt leave the super germs / blood /guts on me , from the person with Mrsa , ESBLa , hiv , hep , strep or what ever that I just took care , lets hope I am more into taking care of some idiot like you instead of bragging I am a RN and here *sshole important coal miner & here is the germs to prove it, BTW your the only N@@#ger /trash here , u probaly have no sense to do anything in your free time except trash people because you brain just doesnt have the ability to work correct, at least from the appearance of your previous post
2 posts removed
just saying

Seth, WV

#114 Feb 10, 2013
coalminerschild wrote:
<quoted text> Yes YOu are a nasty *ssBackwoods Heathen>I am 41 ,my family has been coal mining for years and yes doubt your as rough as you say and yep I 'd have ur @ss stomped in heart beat if you were in my face , so superman your not the only one that grew up here and its people like you that keep the rednecks being rednecks ( yep I am kin to some of them too ) lets hope the next time your *ss comes in my ER and I am working , that I did wash my hands before I take care of you and I didnt leave the super germs / blood /guts on me , from the person with Mrsa , ESBLa , hiv , hep , strep or what ever that I just took care , lets hope I am more into taking care of some idiot like you instead of bragging I am a RN and here *sshole important coal miner & here is the germs to prove it, BTW your the only N@@#ger /trash here , u probaly have no sense to do anything in your free time except trash people because you brain just doesnt have the ability to work correct, at least from the appearance of your previous post
wow where did u get your own er. You sound like a real people Pearson also good job super rn
yup

Beckley, WV

#115 Feb 10, 2013
Coal miners make a lot of money that is spent in west virginia so in a round about way, they put food on more tables than just their own. It is an extremely dangerouse and hard job. Most people in west virginia have several family members in the coal mines. Why would you let it bother you? Not every man or woman will work that hard for loooong hours. It's not at all easy. Give them the respect they deserve.
Oh ok

Oak Hill, WV

#116 Feb 10, 2013
minerman wrote:
U ignorant people.we are proud.not because of money but the fact we take our ass 2 miles underground between 2 rocks to feed our family and chase the 1 thing our country strives on.yes linemen and ever one else has there own job but come live in my 30 inch high world and i promise ill show you why we wear our strips in public and strut like hot shit.we are our own breed and no matter how much you shit talk us you will never hold up to what we go threw.
yea ill pass. That's why I have an education. You should try it. You could learn how to use there, their and they're correctly, learn how to spell stripes because when you don't add the silent " e" it is strips - like I ate three strips of bacon this morning and learn the correct forms of threw and through and usage. For example you threw a baseball but we will never hold up to what you go through. LOL. You could learn the meaning of ignorant because surely if you are practically illiterate yourself you'd not be calling others ignorant would you? Or would you? Oh God Bless the ol dumb coal miner these days! Not all but the majority indeed!
Oh ok

Oak Hill, WV

#117 Feb 10, 2013
Backwoods Heathen wrote:
Being around the military , pretty born and raised. This jealously affliction and the bashing associated with it is to be expected. Those who do not want to work always bash those who do. Those working get the toys and the babes. So cry all day, I personally like to hear the whining.
I make money. Lots of it. I'm educated...highly. I have a large savings account, I don't dip into my 401k every time I turn around and I have paid for a college education for my kid with no help from the government because i saved money for college. People get irritated with these miners and their lazy wives because of their nasty attitudes. They live well beyond their means yet walk around bragging like they make the only money there is to be made around here. It is really funny and sad at the same time. Not all are this way but many are. Education means nothing any more. They are not even trying to instill the value of higher education in their children even though they see this industry imploding before their eyes. And coal keeps all the lights on? Wake up because there are a lot of other forms of energy keeping lights on on this country and in other countries and coal as it is mined today is not the future. All you will get back from this is a bunch of non-educated ignorance as response so you have to just look beyond it. Those who can use their brains know what I'm talking about.
Oh ok

Oak Hill, WV

#118 Feb 10, 2013
coalminerschild wrote:
<quoted text> Yes YOu are a nasty *ssBackwoods Heathen>I am 41 ,my family has been coal mining for years and yes doubt your as rough as you say and yep I 'd have ur @ss stomped in heart beat if you were in my face , so superman your not the only one that grew up here and its people like you that keep the rednecks being rednecks ( yep I am kin to some of them too ) lets hope the next time your *ss comes in my ER and I am working , that I did wash my hands before I take care of you and I didnt leave the super germs / blood /guts on me , from the person with Mrsa , ESBLa , hiv , hep , strep or what ever that I just took care , lets hope I am more into taking care of some idiot like you instead of bragging I am a RN and here *sshole important coal miner & here is the germs to prove it, BTW your the only N@@#ger /trash here , u probaly have no sense to do anything in your free time except trash people because you brain just doesnt have the ability to work correct, at least from the appearance of your previous post
wow. I'm sure your coal mining family must be proud of that disgusting mouth you have on you. I'm hoping if you work for a hospital around here the business will find out the kind of trash they have working for them. Education is important and hats off to you for being educated if you're an RN but at the same time if you don't have professionalism and you can't contain yourself any better than this I'm sure you'll find yourself with issues in the future if you haven't already. You just embarrass yourself by posting this filth.
4 posts removed
Kevin93

Beckley, WV

#123 Feb 11, 2013
Miner wrote:
I am a miner. I stop in stores on my way to work and on my way home. Last time I check Its a free country. My job requires office work and somtimes work underground. I do not always get dirty. There is alot of Miners that work in the office that wear there mining clothes that dont even get dirty.
maybe these miners that you see struting around might be the miners that work in a office. Or maybe they are getting off work after 12 or 14 hrs and picking stuff up from the store. But it really piss's me off somone this stupid would start a topic like this. I didnt know America Had a Dress Code. Just like people Do not want God in schools!!!
thats what you People remind me of. yes I have Miner stickers on my truck and car so what, if you dont like it then mind your own dam busniess. Sounds Like These People are so jelous they can't see straight, My job pays my bill's Pays for my kids clothes, There toys for christmas, Birthdays,
food. Roof over there head and a nice Safe Car.
and a nice 401k retirement. So while your still on here bit*hing about miners i spoke my mind and I have a family to attend to and not waste no more time of what your thinking about a coal miner. if your that jelous go work in a coal mine yourself
and quit living off a state check or welfare that the coal miners pay for!! later looser's
Hey Bud not a coalminer . dont want to be a coalminer & guess what I work long hard hours ,good pay , great benefits , decent truck , cars,sweet woman and home , Your not the only people that work hard for a good a life .
Question with a question

Summersville, WV

#124 Feb 11, 2013
Carol wrote:
First off before anyone say's anything, I'm not a hippie. I'm not a tree hugger or Obama supporter.
But why do people act like miners are heroes? People cheer them on. People get signs like "coal miner's wife". Why would a coal miner's wife be more proud than any other working man's wife?
I don't know anyone who got into coal for anything other than money.
And there's nothing wrong with that.
But why idolize them like they're doctors, firefighters, etc?
Why do people idolize sports figures?
minerman

Washington, DC

#125 Feb 11, 2013
U say most of our coal goes to steel mills.true in fact so lets see if u can live with out ur cars hospitals and so on.oh and we dont save lives.hmm if our coal goes to steel what are the guns made out of in irac our soldiers carry or ur local police man.i thank we should get credit becuz its long over due
Oh ok

Oak Hill, WV

#126 Feb 12, 2013
minerman wrote:
U say most of our coal goes to steel mills.true in fact so lets see if u can live with out ur cars hospitals and so on.oh and we dont save lives.hmm if our coal goes to steel what are the guns made out of in irac our soldiers carry or ur local police man.i thank we should get credit becuz its long over due
omg please stop with this already. Lol hail to the coal miner! Where would we be without you?
hm.

Oak Hill, WV

#127 Feb 15, 2013
Oh ok wrote:
<quoted text>yea ill pass. That's why I have an education. You should try it. You could learn how to use there, their and they're correctly, learn how to spell stripes because when you don't add the silent " e" it is strips - like I ate three strips of bacon this morning and learn the correct forms of threw and through and usage. For example you threw a baseball but we will never hold up to what you go through. LOL. You could learn the meaning of ignorant because surely if you are practically illiterate yourself you'd not be calling others ignorant would you? Or would you? Oh God Bless the ol dumb coal miner these days! Not all but the majority indeed!
Well said!
MissMiner

Sedalia, MO

#128 Feb 17, 2013
Educate It Is Great wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know what mines you are working at but I have a family member that makes in the mid to upper 50s and he is underground! So we have ignorance proven on this site once more! Also if you will actually read; I stated that I make much more than the higher paying bossing positions. My statement said these miners that are making 80k a year think they are living large. It is humorous. There are MANY in the coal companies that won't see making even that much. I also have a buddy who's family is in the business of owning mines so I know not all miners make 80k. Thank you for confirming your stupidity. That is my point. Nobody has to really even point it out; you people make your own case! And for the Humility person...if you will read in the thread; you will find Mr Highly Intelligent Coal Miner made the assumption that he as a miner made more income than I made. My point is that is the problem with miners. Most believe they are the only ones making money in this state when in fact they don't make squat when you consider the life risk they take. It is just coal company owners taking advantage of unintelligent men who don't know any better. It is really kind of sad. Anyway...hats off to continuing to prove my point! Thanks.
You claim to be highly educated yet your grammar and punctuation is at a fourth grade level at best. You can't be a humility person. It's called being humble. Also, you might want to learn how to use a comma. Being a miner does not mean one is uneducated. I have a bachelor's degree and am halfway through my master's and still chose to work in the mines. I have mining stickers on my truck because I take pride in my work and that even though I'm only five feet tall and 104 lbs. I can still keep up with the guys. Maybe I don't make as much as you but my self-worth isn't based on my paycheck like your seems to be. Have fun in your cubicle.
just me

Beckley, WV

#129 Feb 17, 2013
Carol I when you turn your light switch on or have heat in your house, then you may figure out the fact that someone's husband, brother, father, son ect. Went underground to insure idiots like you have those "little" things.
Carol wrote:
First off before anyone say's anything, I'm not a hippie. I'm not a tree hugger or Obama supporter.
But why do people act like miners are heroes? People cheer them on. People get signs like "coal miner's wife". Why would a coal miner's wife be more proud than any other working man's wife?
I don't know anyone who got into coal for anything other than money.
And there's nothing wrong with that.
But why idolize them like they're doctors, firefighters, etc?
Kyle

Bastrop, TX

#130 Feb 18, 2013
Im glad my home is solar powered so I don't have to deal with the coal bastards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
robert on topix biggest puss in oakhill lol 4 min Robert 5
President Trump Is Coming To Fayette County Mon... 1 hr Robert 22
rachel simmons lost 5 kids due to abuse and neg... 1 hr victoria 1
Ricky Simmons triva 1 hr old terd 7
little robert wont stop asking me out on topix 1 hr little boy robert 1
little robert cries all the time on topix 1 hr little boy robert 1
robert is a terd 1 hr little boy robert 1

Oak Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance