Who cares

Bronx, NY

#44 Dec 27, 2012
Miner, coal from here doesn't stay her it's sent out of state
Wv lineman

New York, NY

#45 Dec 27, 2012
I didn't see no miners climbing any poles during the summer storm nor workin 18 hours a day for months straight who kept the lights on lineman
just saying

Winfield, WV

#46 Dec 27, 2012
Wv lineman wrote:
I didn't see no miners climbing any poles during the summer storm nor workin 18 hours a day for months straight who kept the lights on lineman
whered those linemen trucks get built and thrm linemen motor blocks guess electric fired those plants?
just saying

Winfield, WV

#47 Dec 27, 2012
Didnt know u guys made power and took it up the poles and far as that goes I went and got one of these families in horrible weather cause the dad was workin outa town
just saying

Winfield, WV

#48 Dec 27, 2012
Wv lineman wrote:
didnt see no fireman out there either did ya its ur job
Will

Bronx, NY

#49 Dec 27, 2012
Coal miners and lineman r both thankful for power and everyone that work to run this community
lmao

Beckley, WV

#50 Dec 27, 2012
MasTec lineman wrote:
Lineman keep the lights they when power goes who do the coal mines call lineman
Thank god they don't call you for a grammar lesson!
I only speak English

Fayetteville, WV

#51 Dec 27, 2012
MasTec lineman wrote:
Lineman keep the lights they when power goes who do the coal mines call lineman
Wuttuhell?
MasTec lineman

Bronx, NY

#52 Dec 27, 2012
Sry I was tryin to type fast, I'm out here restoring the power from the wind storm yesterday
bendrinking

Oak Hill, WV

#53 Dec 28, 2012
well it shows now why it takes so long to get power back .ol twitter thumbs cant put the phone down
hatchet man

Wayside, WV

#54 Dec 28, 2012
coal miners get treated like hero cause were the ones doing that probaly can kill us to feed our kids and we save sory ass peoples ass's like who wrote this shtt cause ur too weak u cant do what we do go back in that hole and look up at the loose top en say lets keep going so we could be a hero for ristin our lives so every one can set in their homes watchin Tv being safe
6 posts removed
Amused

United States

#61 Jan 5, 2013
Red wrote:
Coal miners are dick heads. I ought to know because my brother is one.
I'm sure the reason you think your brother is a dick head isn't because he's a coal miner! It's because he's the only one in your family that has a real job & a family that he provides for & hasn't had anything to do with the trash you call family in years. You're just mad cause he has everything you want & won't hand out to your lazy worthless butt! Get a real job & move out of your parent's house then you can talk crap.
mee

Mount Hope, WV

#62 Jan 5, 2013
Miner wrote:
I am a miner. I stop in stores on my way to work and on my way home. Last time I check Its a free country. My job requires office work and somtimes work underground. I do not always get dirty. There is alot of Miners that work in the office that wear there mining clothes that dont even get dirty.
maybe these miners that you see struting around might be the miners that work in a office. Or maybe they are getting off work after 12 or 14 hrs and picking stuff up from the store. But it really piss's me off somone this stupid would start a topic like this. I didnt know America Had a Dress Code. Just like people Do not want God in schools!!!
thats what you People remind me of. yes I have Miner stickers on my truck and car so what, if you dont like it then mind your own dam busniess. Sounds Like These People are so jelous they can't see straight, My job pays my bill's Pays for my kids clothes, There toys for christmas, Birthdays,
food. Roof over there head and a nice Safe Car.
and a nice 401k retirement. So while your still on here bit*hing about miners i spoke my mind and I have a family to attend to and not waste no more time of what your thinking about a coal miner. if your that jelous go work in a coal mine yourself
and quit living off a state check or welfare that the coal miners pay for!! later looser's
Well said!!
Are you serious

Oak Hill, WV

#63 Jan 5, 2013
My husband is a strip miner. He has been off work for 5 months now. He plans to return to it when he can because we love this state and does not want it to basically shut down. Have you looked around? Everything is closing. Lines at DHHR are growing. The amount our goverment has to budget with is depleting, all because West Virginia is built on mines. Btw. My nephew is in the Army and I see as many decals for the military as a miner. Yes I a a proud miner's wife and also proud of my military:)
Who cares

Lawrenceville, GA

#64 Jan 6, 2013
Wv coal does not keep our lights on... None of west virginias coal is consumed here... We get our power from hydroelectric stations.. Most of our coal goes to china or out of the state hence the huge barges full of coal going down the kanawha to the ohio to the gulf to the rest of the world.. I respect coal mining and it has made my family very wealthy.. But it is a candle almost burnt out as the epa is determined to abolish burning of fossil fuels... So get ready and get your kids in school so they can leave this junk and junkie filled place in their rearview...
Anonymous

Charleston, WV

#65 Jan 6, 2013
Any person having a blue collar job in this state is hailed high in my book. Everyone from miners to emts, firemen to linemen. I tend to lean more toward miners myself because they are the underdog in the area right now, but that's just my opinion. Nothing wrong with miners, nothing wrong with linemen, nothing wrong with the cable man either lol. They are all just good old boys trying to make a living. Who cares if you push coal or mud around? Long as you make a living, does it really matter? I know men (like my dad who worked sanitation for years) who would shovel crap out of a crevasse if it paid the bills.
Just another stupid idiot

Fayetteville, WV

#66 Jan 6, 2013
Who cares wrote:
WV coal does not keep our lights on... None of west virginias coal is consumed here... We get our power from hydroelectric stations..
That is fascinating. I always thought the Amos Power Plant burnt coal. I love reading Topix posts... they're so enlightening and educational!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_E._Amos_Pow...
Educate It Is Great

Beckley, WV

#67 Jan 6, 2013
miner wrote:
Natural gas companys want to go back to burning coal because the gas is not working as they planed it to. So you can go feed that crap to somone that will listen to you cause I'm not.
And I been working in the mines now for 15yrs and I am no pillbilly either. Msha has a new law if u fail a drug test your miners card gets took away and you will never work in a mine again. So know your laws before you accuse Somone of being a pill head. Idiot.
Will MSHA please provide you all an education?? Corrections: companies; planned; end sentence with planned not " planed it to"; miner's card; taken away; someone. I could give other pointers but I'll leave it at that. Thanks.
just saying

Winfield, WV

#68 Jan 6, 2013
Educate It Is Great wrote:
<quoted text> Will MSHA please provide you all an education?? Corrections: companies; planned; end sentence with planned not " planed it to"; miner's card; taken away; someone. I could give other pointers but I'll leave it at that. Thanks.
and we make four times what you do correct that smart ass
bendrinking

Oak Hill, WV

#69 Jan 6, 2013
if you dont like wv coal miners move the hell away ! this is what we do here so just deal with it or move . if this was some other state where they do something else for a living im sure someone would be bitching about that to

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
biggest pos 20 min DIRTY ROTTEN OLD MAN 24
Let's Play One Word,...!!! (Mar '13) 1 hr aka Deja Blue 1,575
Aka Deja Blue (Feb '14) 1 hr aka Deja Blue 822
Game of Three Words,... (Aug '13) 2 hr aka Deja Blue 1,148
Let's Play,...One Word I Stole From A Dead Person! (Oct '13) 2 hr aka Deja Blue 367
Game - Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Aug '11) 2 hr aka Deja Blue 4,203
Word of the Day (Mar '12) 2 hr aka Deja Blue 1,219
Oak Hill Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oak Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oak Hill News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oak Hill

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News