Mandy Robinson

Mount Hope, WV

#21 May 4, 2011
Every place has a haunted past in some way. There is a old and I mean OLD coal mine type thing I think its called Nuttall Coal Mine. I am not sure I think its in Wynonna some where. My gf and her sis took me there so I am not sure where...its really creepy and the stories they told me about night time down there is really creepy it would be a really good adventure for anyone who is crazy enough to go down there about 3 in the morning...
bed and breakfast

Beckley, WV

#22 May 5, 2011
I don't know how true it is, but I heard that the bed and breakfast accross from United Bank in Fayetteville was haunted. supposidly in one of the rooms and old man died, or was murdered. If you google, "haunted places in WV", it will come up to somethings and this is where I found this.
Supporter

Clay, WV

#23 May 5, 2011
No such thing. Stupid.
chris sanson

United States

#24 May 5, 2011
I worship the devil.
Summer Rain

Oak Hill, WV

#25 May 5, 2011
Wolf Creek Road and Pleasent View Road in Fayetteville are both hanted. I lived in two different houses on Wolf Creek Road growing up and I heard footsteps in both houses also knocking in the walls and on the windows at night, my Dad even went outside to check it out once and nothing was there. I als had many other scary things happen in those houses, both houses were part of families history. My Mother told me that when she was young her and her sister had walked to the bus stop (a couple hundred yards away) and they heard knocking in the walls of the bus house and then something came out of the walls and chased them all the way home, this was on Wolfe Creek Road and the house they lived in was also the house I lived in for a short time and that I heard footsteps and knocking. My aunt and her friend were walking on Pleasent View Road a long time ago at night and she swears that a ghost from the cemetery on that road came out and was chasing them.
Level 1

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#26 May 6, 2011
I also heard Pax was a haunted place. There are some really weird things around Wyoming County where my husband is from. I was reading some of them on the Pineville site here on Topix.
OHM

Beckley, WV

#27 May 7, 2011
bed and breakfast wrote:
I don't know how true it is, but I heard that the bed and breakfast accross from United Bank in Fayetteville was haunted. supposidly in one of the rooms and old man died, or was murdered. If you google, "haunted places in WV", it will come up to somethings and this is where I found this.
I think you may be referring to the White Horse Inn and yes, I've heard it was haunted.
1 post removed
elana

Saint Albans, WV

#29 Apr 1, 2012
MY FARTHER WAS MURDERED IN SUN 1961 OCTOBER FOUR MONTHS BEFORE I WAS BORN MY MOM TOLD ME ABOUT THE BIG SNOW STORM THEY HAD THE NEXT NIGHT AFTER HIS DEATH SOME PEOPLE HAVE SAID THEY OFTEN SAW MY FARTHER WALKING THE DIRT ROAD OUT THE HOLLA FROM SUN MINE ROAD
1 post removed
blue beard

United States

#31 Feb 20, 2013
I heard your mommas panties were haunted them ghoulish things scared your pa so bad he bout die. And I've heard of people seeing a brown streaking figure there
porter wagoner

Beckley, WV

#32 Feb 21, 2013
go down thurmond, cross the bridge by the old train station, go thru the old town of thurmond, take the right that goes up a steep hill, then turn left and follow the dirt road to the white house at the end at the very top. Best to go right after midnight, its cool. Have fun.
lord sanson

Beckley, WV

#33 Feb 21, 2013
No, scratch that... i am the devil.
My Opinion

United States

#34 Feb 21, 2013
blue beard wrote:
I heard your mommas panties were haunted them ghoulish things scared your pa so bad he bout die. And I've heard of people seeing a brown streaking figure there
Show some respect, Jerk!!! Someones father dying is not a joking matter. How would you like for someone to make a jerk comment like that about your dad? I'm sure you wouldn't like it very well!! My advice to you is, Grow Up!! God forbid something tragic like that happen in your family!! And if it did, I would hope someone would show you a little more respect than you're showing this lady!!!!!
sammy stricklin iv

Beckley, WV

#35 Feb 23, 2013
i seen a ghost in my house one night, just starin at me, ofcourse i had been on a 3 day cocaine binge, so.. anythings possible.
Momma

Beckley, WV

#36 Feb 26, 2013
There' a place called Thar past Thurmond. It has an old building that I believe used to be a hospital or a crazy house for african americans back before they stopped segregation. We used to go there when I was a kid and some freaky stuff always happened. Later I was watching a show hosted by Linda Blair called America's most haunted places or something like that. Anyway, that place was #6 on the list. I don't know if the buildingi still there. I haven't been back since the 90's and it was in bad shape back then. You go past the church and it's not far from there. We always parked at the church and walk the rest of the way because there was a guy living in a school bus right passed the haunted place and he'd shoot a shot gun in the air to scare us off when he caught us. Like I said it may have fallen in by now, it looked pretty rough when we were there in the 90s.
Momma

Beckley, WV

#37 Feb 26, 2013
porter wagoner wrote:
go down thurmond, cross the bridge by the old train station, go thru the old town of thurmond, take the right that goes up a steep hill, then turn left and follow the dirt road to the white house at the end at the very top. Best to go right after midnight, its cool. Have fun.
Yes! That's the place I'm talking about. One of the upper roooms glows a light green color but when you go inside the walls are not green and there are birds in there that followed us throught the whole house one time and just hovered right out of reach in every room we went. Another time a door that was really hard to push open becaue it dragged the ground opened and slammed shut after we went through it. We've also had foot step sounds run toward us but nobody was there and seen shadows and voices. It's really creepy there.
typical

Beckley, WV

#38 Feb 26, 2013
sammy stricklin iv wrote:
i seen a ghost in my house one night, just starin at me, ofcourse i had been on a 3 day cocaine binge, so.. anythings possible.
A ghost wakes me up for sex twice a week. Usually around 4AM. Good thing I am accommodating.
porter wagoner

Beckley, WV

#39 Feb 27, 2013
we was in the house at thurmond, and all of a sudden sounded like footsteps walking up out of the basement, and bout a yr ago i left a recorder in there all night, played it back and you could hear whispering, footsteps, and the recorder got scooted, and you could hear breathing in it. Also flinderation tunnel is a trippin place to check out, it haunted for sho.
elana

Pine River, WI

#40 Apr 20, 2014
Im really not concerned ablut the ignorant comment made by blue beard concering my farthers murder i could be ignorant like you and vo back and fourth with not so nice comments but instead God bless you for the laxy wbo spoke on my behalf thank you so much God bless you as you stated it usually takes tragedy in that persons life before they can understand what someone else has gone threw
Scott

Beckley, WV

#41 Apr 20, 2014
The forest of my pubes is haunted with crabs.
My Opinion

Beckley, WV

#42 Apr 25, 2014
elana wrote:
Im really not concerned ablut the ignorant comment made by blue beard concering my farthers murder i could be ignorant like you and vo back and fourth with not so nice comments but instead God bless you for the laxy wbo spoke on my behalf thank you so much God bless you as you stated it usually takes tragedy in that persons life before they can understand what someone else has gone threw
You're very welcome!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason Gill 3 hr Veteran 9
Christy craigo 3 hr Lol 4
woay news 3 hr Rachel 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 9 hr legendfork 4,274
News Oak Hill man dies after shots exchanged in Faye... 11 hr Jsaying 24
Russell Walker Is Alive and Well 14 hr Tommy 21
jason singleton ? 17 hr Angelina Jolie 2

Oak Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance