First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Level 1

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1 Apr 20, 2011
does anyone know of any haunted places in Fayette County? I heard Sun Mine Rd was very haunted. Any input?
Haunted Park

Beckley, WV

#2 Apr 25, 2011
Cabin # 13 at Babcock park is haunted. Its where a preacher killed a woman.
Level 1

Location hidden

#3 Apr 26, 2011
I had never heard that one before. thanks...
ladyluck

Mount Hope, WV

#4 Apr 26, 2011
Mill creek road toward piney view is said to be haunted. A white figure is said to cross the road at night in front of motorists. Some have pulled over thinking someone needed help to find nothing...
Level 1

Location hidden

#5 Apr 26, 2011
ok thats is just creepy...I used to travel that road often and at night....glad I didnt know about that back then! I have heard Sun Mine Rd is a very haunted place to be at night.
ladyluck

Mount Hope, WV

#6 Apr 27, 2011
its a fact wrote:
ok thats is just creepy...I used to travel that road often and at night....glad I didnt know about that back then! I have heard Sun Mine Rd is a very haunted place to be at night.
It is creepy sounds from the old mines been there a few times never saw anything just noises.
Level 1

Location hidden

#7 Apr 27, 2011
I heard that a man who is now a preacher was walking home one night when he was a teen (maybe 30 or more yrs ago) and he came upon a a man dressed in a soldiers uniform and when he looked back the man was gone...also heard there was some sort of creature in the woods and it made a screaming sound at night. It supposedly came after one guy who grew up on the hill one night and it scared him so bad that he came thru the front door and still had the door in his hands when he stopped at the back bedroom!
ladyluck

Mount Hope, WV

#8 Apr 27, 2011
Preacher(Parker?) my grandmother grew up there.. Drive through scarbro after dark with the radio on.. You'll here fingers snapping from the back seat.. Story goes teens back in the early 60's were speeding down the road two girls on backseat were singing to the radio snapping along with the beat.. Car crashes goes over hill everyone died. Now when you go the snapping you hear will be a different beat than song you have playing.
Level 1

Location hidden

#9 Apr 28, 2011
ladyluck wrote:
Preacher(Parker?) my grandmother grew up there.. Drive through scarbro after dark with the radio on.. You'll here fingers snapping from the back seat.. Story goes teens back in the early 60's were speeding down the road two girls on backseat were singing to the radio snapping along with the beat.. Car crashes goes over hill everyone died. Now when you go the snapping you hear will be a different beat than song you have playing.
Yes it was Butch Parker that told the story. I grew up in Scarbro myself. I had never heard that story before either. Thanks for sharing! I know Sun was an awful scary place at night. I also heard Milburn was haunted as well.
California Chloe

San Francisco, CA

#10 Apr 28, 2011
its a fact wrote:
does anyone know of any haunted places in Fayette County? I heard Sun Mine Rd was very haunted. Any input?
I've heard some tales about the old Mountainair Hotel in the middle of Mount Hope.
tru

Charleston, WV

#11 Apr 28, 2011
walk thru scarbro at nite like your going toward the old slate dumps me and a friend saw a man dressed in all white walking towards us then he just dissapeard we both saw this at the same time
spookie

Beckley, WV

#12 Apr 28, 2011
I used to live up Sun years ago, and I was always affraid, but I never really seen anything, I was just scared, cause it was dark and creepy up there.
wow

Beckley, WV

#13 Apr 28, 2011
ladyluck wrote:
Mill creek road toward piney view is said to be haunted. A white figure is said to cross the road at night in front of motorists. Some have pulled over thinking someone needed help to find nothing...
I travel this road almost every single day to pick my husband up from work. Sometimes late at night. Im gonna be scared to death next time of seeing something.
ladyluck

Mount Hope, WV

#14 Apr 28, 2011
I Will Not drive that road afterdark. I'd love to try some of these places. Just to see if the stories are true..
ladyluck

Mount Hope, WV

#15 Apr 28, 2011
California Chloe wrote:
<quoted text>I've heard some tales about the old Mountainair Hotel in the middle of Mount Hope.
I've heard stories. The man that used to own it used to tell us about seeing strange shadows in the upper hall and hearing odd noises. I've been in there several times but never afterdark!
cool

Beckley, WV

#16 Apr 30, 2011
My husband said an airplane went down on Mill Creek in the early 80's and the pilot was decapitated, maybe thats' what people are seeing, maybe its the pilots ghost! He is from Scarbro and said nothing has happened like that during his entire life, though...doesnt meaan it isnt true though!
Charlestonease

Beckley, WV

#17 Apr 30, 2011
ladyluck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard stories. The man that used to own it used to tell us about seeing strange shadows in the upper hall and hearing odd noises. I've been in there several times but never afterdark!
I heard that during the renovations they had allowed a group to tour, one of the people with the group said they'd felt a presence behind them... but when the turned around, nobody was there. The was in one of the upper floor rooms.
7gwinner

Newark, NJ

#18 May 1, 2011
Some of the Sewell mtn curves on 60 are supposed to be haunted. Many people have been killed on that road. Heard of bloody ghosts carrying their heads standing on side of the road. Strange noises coming out of the woods all kinds of crazy stuff. Would like to drive it real slow late one night and see if anything happens
Level 1

Location hidden

#19 May 2, 2011
I grew up in Scarbro and had never heard of anything being haunted. But I was never looking either. They say now the old company store (Madges Trading Post for those of us who knew it by that name) is haunted. Never seen nothing there either. I grew up right above the power plant and we used to walk the road there all the time even at night. We were never scared. But we were young! LOL!
ladyluck

Mount Hope, WV

#20 May 2, 2011
Oswald is said to be haunted. Sounds from the old mines even read on wv ghost stories about some people reported seeing a " creature" of some sort. There's a few stories on that sight that seem interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sherrie jennings 16 min sherrie jennings 56
flowers stolen 36 min sarah 19
Biggest Pillheads In Oakhill??? and go! 2 hr jesco black 15
Game - Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Aug '11) 3 hr Memorial Day Sock 4,733
ler Mandatory System 3 hr Diggler 1
Trump for President 5 hr Just Sayin 4
sherrie jennings 12 hr sherrie jennings 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oak Hill Mortgages