fayette county animal shelter big joke

Posted in the Oak Hill Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sassy girl

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 9, 2011
 
they come in ur yard just takes ur dogs because they bark my dogs never bite no one they bark when someone was out late walking trying 2 warn us that theifs were out,theres alot of houses been broken into down here

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 9, 2011
 

Judged:

1

sassy girl wrote:
they come in ur yard just takes ur dogs because they bark my dogs never bite no one they bark when someone was out late walking trying 2 warn us that theifs were out,theres alot of houses been broken into down here
as far as i know, they cant take your dogs unless they are running lose or dont have rabies tags. if it is because of a noise complaint, then i would assume that you have to be served some kind of official complaint by the police or sherrifs deptartment before any action can be taken.
Oak hill Chick

Fishersville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 9, 2011
 
they have to serve you with a complaint first
Oak hill Chick

Fishersville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 9, 2011
 
you know i was thinking taking a dog for barking is like taking a snake for crawling or a fish for swimming i mean come on that's ridiculous
Been there

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 10, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

The Fayette County Animal Shelter has NOTHING to do with picking your dog up. The dog catcher works for only the Sherifff and the shelter has NO control of him. The only thing the shelter does is house and care for the dogs that he brings in or that the public bring in. They themselves don't have the authority pick up any animal anywhere. If you have a problem or complaint about the dog catcher you need to call the Sheriff. I doubt they do anything about him though. I discovered that my problems were not with the Shelter itself.
MrMess

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

The animal shelter does not pick up the animals it is the animal control officer that does it and he is under the direction and payroll of the sheriff of fayette county. The humane and animal shelter has no say so in what he does. The sheriff pays him and is his boss not the people at the animal shelter
Ammie

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

My mother-in-law is the kennel manager and MrMess and Been There is right. The dog catcher is not on the animal shelter's payroll and if it is nothing serious they do have to serve you papers first. His boss is the sheriff and the shelter just takes care of the animals that come in there.
concerned

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Its all a money racket.. My dog broke his chain while I was at work because of all the strays running around that the dog catcher WILL NOT pick up becuz i have called several times. Now they are holding my dog for 10 days becuz he got caught with some strays and the animal shelter is charging me $5 pr day, plus $25 to pick him up thats $75 they are getting. Now I know why they dont get strays its becuz they cant charge anyone for housing them... What a joke! My neighbors have 15 dogs, no exaggeration.. that run freely that the dog catcher just drives by and never picks up I seen it myself.
Ammie

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 10, 2011
 
Like I said, its not the animal shelter that messes with the dog catcher, its the sheriff. I'm sorry they are holding your dog but they have rules also. They have to hold any animal for 10 days. No matter if you want to pick it up that day or not. If you have problems with the strays call 911 and tell them, then the dog catcher will be there the same day that you call. I hope that helps..
concerned

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 14, 2011
 
Ammie wrote:
Like I said, its not the animal shelter that messes with the dog catcher, its the sheriff. I'm sorry they are holding your dog but they have rules also. They have to hold any animal for 10 days. No matter if you want to pick it up that day or not. If you have problems with the strays call 911 and tell them, then the dog catcher will be there the same day that you call. I hope that helps..
I have called numerous times, they never come to get the strays in fact the strays are still running free and my dog is at the pound, doesnt make sense
Knows

Scarbro, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 14, 2011
 

Judged:

1

russell is a punk b#tch
Been there

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 15, 2011
 
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I have called numerous times, they never come to get the strays in fact the strays are still running free and my dog is at the pound, doesnt make sense
The animal Shelter takes your call and makes up a form and gives it to the animal control officer (Sheriff's employee). From that point he can do with it what he wants. If he wants to go check out the strays he will, if he wants to throw the form in the garbage he can do that also. Every time you call they give him the form and from that point it is out of the shelters hands. I hate that you are having troubles but if the animal control officer isn't doing his job you need to tell the Sheriff. A pack of strays can be dangerous.
Ammie

Scarbro, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 15, 2011
 
You really need to call 911 and say this is not an emergency but you need to get ahold of the dog catcher and get the stray dogs outta there. Then they will take care of it. And if they try to say that they only take emergency cases for the animal control you need to tell them that you've done called the animal shelter and this is who they told me to cal was 911
SO SAD

Mount Hope, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 15, 2011
 
They came and got my pet while I was out of town. They did not even leave a note on the door. My dog dug out of the pin while I was gone. No note, call, or anything. Needless to say, my dog was killed by the time I arrived home. I have been so upset since then. That is dirty and WRONG.
hm

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 16, 2011
 
Yea Russell is the only dog catcher in Fayette county he's got his hands full all the time.
shaun

Craigsville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 16, 2011
 
concerned wrote:
Its all a money racket.. My dog broke his chain while I was at work because of all the strays running around that the dog catcher WILL NOT pick up becuz i have called several times. Now they are holding my dog for 10 days becuz he got caught with some strays and the animal shelter is charging me $5 pr day, plus $25 to pick him up thats $75 they are getting. Now I know why they dont get strays its becuz they cant charge anyone for housing them... What a joke! My neighbors have 15 dogs, no exaggeration.. that run freely that the dog catcher just drives by and never picks up I seen it myself.
thats a pretty familure story..... i had a stray attack my dog that was on the chain the other day and then it attacked my nephew.......... i was away from the house but i called 911 and they said i would have to call animal control on mon... there not even open on mondays.... so i told the 911 dispatcher i would just shoot it ........ and they seemed to informe me that that would be breaking the law..... so since the dog catcher wont do his job and pick up the strays.. were suppose to just let them come in our yards and do as they please........ yeah ok mr dog catcher we shall see!!
omg

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 17, 2011
 
shaun wrote:
<quoted text>thats a pretty familure story..... i had a stray attack my dog that was on the chain the other day and then it attacked my nephew.......... i was away from the house but i called 911 and they said i would have to call animal control on mon... there not even open on mondays.... so i told the 911 dispatcher i would just shoot it ........ and they seemed to informe me that that would be breaking the law..... so since the dog catcher wont do his job and pick up the strays.. were suppose to just let them come in our yards and do as they please........ yeah ok mr dog catcher we shall see!!
It came onto your property and attacked your dog and most importantly your nephew!! Why is it illegal to shoot it? I've been told you can trap or kill anything like that on your property. It's private property so what can they do??? And if a dog bites someone it would be put down. Do us all a favor. I'd be so pissed if I were you!
dog lover

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 18, 2011
 
Dogs need to live inside not outside on a chain.
The animal shelter is not run very well.
The dog catcher is a joke!
We need a no kill shelter in fayette county.

Come and volunteer one day at the shelter and you will see how we operate not very well i might add. we need more volunteers and more money from the county. the citizens of fayette will not donate because of the way the shelter is run. too many dogs are killed at this shelter They do a transport to virginia but too many are still not given a chance to be adopted. Also set up at the new pet smart for adoptions.
alynnes

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 21, 2011
 
shaun wrote:
<quoted text>
thats a pretty familure story..... i had a stray attack my dog that was on the chain the other day and then it attacked my nephew.......... i was away from the house but i called 911 and they said i would have to call animal control on mon... there not even open on mondays.... so i told the 911 dispatcher i would just shoot it ........ and they seemed to informe me that that would be breaking the law..... so since the dog catcher wont do his job and pick up the strays.. were suppose to just let them come in our yards and do as they please........ yeah ok mr dog catcher we shall see!!
I agree with you, I would have picked up a 22 and shot it! No animal has the right to bite a child!! Next time don't threaten and don't tell anyone, people need to take responsibility for dogs that bite and not just let them run free and expect everyone else to just deal with it!
So mad

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 25, 2011
 
So. Fayette county animal control comes and gets my dog and leaves no papers and then I'm told by a neighbor that charges are gonna be pressed on me for abandonment of him? I haven't been staying at my house for two weeks I've been at a family members house right up the street and I was down there with him every afternoon I fed him made sure he had water I bathed him and walked him. He wasn't abandoned.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Oak Hill Forum right now

Search the Oak Hill Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 7 min fitness-guru 52,156
sexygirl in silver n purple f150 11 min ballsto the wall 1
Game of Three Words,... (Aug '13) 3 hr notBeavis 940
Word of the Day (Mar '12) 3 hr notBeavis 1,019
Let's Play One Word,...!!! (Mar '13) 3 hr notBeavis 1,273
Game - Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Aug '11) 3 hr notBeavis 3,929
by scouts (Mar '13) 3 hr Immigration 159
•••
•••
•••
Oak Hill Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Oak Hill Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oak Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Oak Hill News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oak Hill
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••