Lowes at Fayetteville
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pinkbroom

Princeton, WV

#1 Mar 16, 2013
The girl that works in the carpet area has a major problem. She is so rude.I asked when could they lay carpet and she said I would have to pay for it in order to tell me then I wanted to but a rug and she picked up a ugly little left over piece and put it in my arms. she needs fired for being so stupid. she lost a big sale I went to Lee's carpet and bought all my carpet. The man from Lee's was a really nice man and he liked our business
Batmitten.

Beckley, WV

#2 Mar 17, 2013
pinkbroom wrote:
The girl that works in the carpet area has a major problem. She is so rude.I asked when could they lay carpet and she said I would have to pay for it in order to tell me then I wanted to but a rug and she picked up a ugly little left over piece and put it in my arms. she needs fired for being so stupid. she lost a big sale I went to Lee's carpet and bought all my carpet. The man from Lee's was a really nice man and he liked our business
That is true. Order has to be paid for before they can schedule the job. I went through that before to. I will say that they installed my carpet and done a great job. I also upgraded my carpet and the price was still $312 cheaper than at Lee's carpet for basic carpet and pad. I like Lowes and have never had an issue with that store.
Lets be honest

Oak Hill, WV

#3 Mar 17, 2013
pinkbroom wrote:
Maybe she knew you were known as "Pinkbroom" on Topix. Your reputation for complaining about trivial stuff is well known here.
Kkl

Beckley, WV

#4 Mar 17, 2013
Lowes is terrible! An elderly lady on my street had her roof badly damaged in the storm this summer. So she went to lowes and paid for a new roof to be put on IN FULL. Here it is several months later & the lady still hasn't had a roof even started. Terrible customer service & the laziest rudest people work there. I order all my stuff online from Home Depot & pick it up in charleston just to avoid that crappy ass place.
Lets be honest

Oak Hill, WV

#5 Mar 18, 2013
Kkl wrote:
...An elderly lady on my street had her roof badly damaged in the storm this summer. So she went to lowes and paid for a new roof to be put on IN FULL. Here it is several months later & the lady still hasn't had a roof even started...
I think there's more to this story than you're telling us.
Kkl

Beckley, WV

#6 Mar 18, 2013
More to the story? She paid several thousand dollars for the roof in September. It's now almost April. Nobody from Lowes has nailed the first shingle on. She has pots sitting around her house to catch rain water. They've called her twice, blaming the weather for the 7 month delay. There's the rest of your story. I know for a fact I'd be up there every day in someone's face til I had a roof put on or a full refund, but this woman is in her 80's & obviously nonconfrontational, so I guess lowes gets away with jerking her around.
unbelievable

Chesapeake, OH

#7 Mar 18, 2013
Kkl wrote:
More to the story? She paid several thousand dollars for the roof in September. It's now almost April. Nobody from Lowes has nailed the first shingle on. She has pots sitting around her house to catch rain water. They've called her twice, blaming the weather for the 7 month delay. There's the rest of your story. I know for a fact I'd be up there every day in someone's face til I had a roof put on or a full refund, but this woman is in her 80's & obviously nonconfrontational, so I guess lowes gets away with jerking her around.
She purchased in September which means there is a big chance she had other roof installs ahead of her. Many people do not realize that the temperature needs to be consistently dry & above 40 for shingles to properly adhere, & for Owens Corning to warranty their product.... lowes wouldnt want to install something improperly to void warranty on a product she has paid good money for.
Was this an install out of the Fayetteville Lowes?
Batmitten.

Beckley, WV

#8 Mar 18, 2013
unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>She purchased in September which means there is a big chance she had other roof installs ahead of her. Many people do not realize that the temperature needs to be consistently dry & above 40· for shingles to properly adhere, & for Owens Corning to warranty their product.... lowes wouldnt want to install something improperly to void warranty on a product she has paid good money for.
Was this an install out of the Fayetteville Lowes?
Your statement is correct. I don't understand why someone would wait so late in the year to buy roofing! Lol!
Supporter

Summersville, WV

#9 Mar 18, 2013
Lowes shouldn't have taken her money until time to put on the new roof.
Batmitten.

Fayetteville, WV

#10 Mar 18, 2013
Same with my flooring. You have to pay for order to be put on schedule.
bright

Oak Hill, WV

#11 Mar 18, 2013
[QUOTE who="Batmitten. "]<quoted text>
Your statement is correct. I don't understand why someone would wait so late in the year to buy roofing! Lol![/QUOTE] Well the storm was in July and they did say she was 80 years old. Shame on them.
Kkl

Beckley, WV

#12 Mar 18, 2013
The roof was tore up in July & she bought the new roof as soon as she got the insurance money to do so. Don't you think we've had more than a few days of 40+ degrees in the past 7 months? & I agree there probably were other jobs ahead of hers, but 7 months worth? They assured her it would be done before the first snowfall. Just terribly bad customer service x
Batmitten.

Beckley, WV

#13 Mar 18, 2013
Then someone should have called and spoke to the manager. I'm sure they would've have taken care of any issues. If the manager does not know about a problem then the manager can not fix the problem. A simple call may have taken care of it.
unbelievable

Chesapeake, OH

#14 Mar 19, 2013
U still never said if this was the Fayetteville Lowes. Ive shopped there for years & have never had a bad experience.
Im sure their installers have no way of predicting the weather or delays in other jobs. Being a contractor, i have also ran into these issues. Maybe the weather got too bad before they could get to her.
1 post removed
pinkbroom

Princeton, WV

#16 Mar 19, 2013
Lets be honest wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she knew you were known as "Pinkbroom" on Topix. Your reputation for complaining about trivial stuff is well known here.
you are so funny.
Kkl

Beckley, WV

#17 Mar 19, 2013
Do y'all work at lowes? It sure sounds like it. Yes, it's the Fayetteville Lowes. The manager is aware of it bc he's the one who's called her every 3-4 months to say "we'll get it done soon!" And whatever weather you may have, doesn't last 7 months without a window to have gotten that roof done. It's pathetic. Lowes has terrible customer service. I prefer to spend my $$ at small locally owned places anyway. You should too. Lowes is never gonna put anything back into our community. You've heard one example now of how they treat our senior citizens.
Random Dude

United States

#18 Mar 19, 2013
I dont work there but have never had a bad experience there. If anything folks are TOO nice. lol. Everytime I go there is at least 3-5 people that ask me if I need help finding anything. Now Beckley Lowes is a whole different story.
Really

Summersville, WV

#19 Mar 19, 2013
Kkl wrote:
Do y'all work at lowes? It sure sounds like it. Yes, it's the Fayetteville Lowes. The manager is aware of it bc he's the one who's called her every 3-4 months to say "we'll get it done soon!" And whatever weather you may have, doesn't last 7 months without a window to have gotten that roof done. It's pathetic. Lowes has terrible customer service. I prefer to spend my $$ at small locally owned places anyway. You should too. Lowes is never gonna put anything back into our community. You've heard one example now of how they treat our senior citizens.
Really? I'm sure this is a complete exaggeration being that I've always had nothing but great experiences at this opposed to the many others I've been in. And I'm sure if this really happened she's always had the option to get her money back and go elsewhere. I also find it very hypocritical to say in one post that you order everything you got online from Home Depot and drive all the way to charleston to pick it up, then in this post you talk about buying from small businesses.
Batmitten.

Beckley, WV

#20 Mar 19, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Really? I'm sure this is a complete exaggeration being that I've always had nothing but great experiences at this opposed to the many others I've been in. And I'm sure if this really happened she's always had the option to get her money back and go elsewhere. I also find it very hypocritical to say in one post that you order everything you got online from Home Depot and drive all the way to charleston to pick it up, then in this post you talk about buying from small businesses.
LOL!! They prob never shop any where but the liquor store! I call BS on the while story.
wow

Sophia, WV

#21 Apr 6, 2013
Erik reynolds

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get a education, and get out. 26 min Robert 4
last post wins! (Jan '11) 31 min Hatti_Hollerand 1,944
tara kinzer een woodson 2 hr amanda smith mcmi... 2
Why are so many actual conversational threads b... 3 hr BalowMie Sammich 2
"DIE-bersity bee hour screnfs" 3 hr BalowMie Sammich 3
dreamers? 5 hr Agree 18
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 9 hr Princess Hey 1,025

Oak Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance