Oak Hill resident charged with multiple counts of sexual assault

Full story: Register-herald.com

A Fayette County man was arrested Thursday and charged with 28 counts of third-degree sexual assault and 28 counts of sexual abuse by a parent, guardian or custodian, reported Fayette County Sheriff Steve Kessler.
Comments
41 - 60 of 1,957 Comments Last updated Nov 14, 2013

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

You assume that the girl was unwilling. The age of consent in WV is 16. If this girl had sex or other intimate contact with this guy 55 times, and did not report it, then it does bring her credibility into question.

It is not illegal for an immature 28 year old to have sex with a willing 16 year old. Even the "Dad" called it an "affair".

We don't know if they were a couple, were dating or sneaking around. We don't know anything yet. That's what trials are for. In America, we are not supposed to convict someone without a fair trial.

Emotions run high, but the facts, not the fury, should be what determines this guy's fate.

Level 2

Elyria, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Each count is in it's own, a child is a child. Willing or not, he should have known better. She may well be in fact just as guilty as he is, but that in the end won't let him off the hook. This is the second high sexual account in oak hill, over a year ago a similiar arrest was made, where the girl was a litral skank & the man was hated by society, but because he was hated by so many, people already branded him a sex offender. With nearly 60 counts, 1 girl or more were involved. It's really kind of hard to escape those charges without evidence to back it up.
fail

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Judged:

TheOnlyKermit wrote:
You assume that the girl was unwilling. The age of consent in WV is 16. If this girl had sex or other intimate contact with this guy 55 times, and did not report it, then it does bring her credibility into question.
It is not illegal for an immature 28 year old to have sex with a willing 16 year old. Even the "Dad" called it an "affair".
We don't know if they were a couple, were dating or sneaking around. We don't know anything yet. That's what trials are for. In America, we are not supposed to convict someone without a fair trial.
Emotions run high, but the facts, not the fury, should be what determines this guy's fate.
sorry going to have to fail you on this its 16 and within 3 years so he would have to be no older than 19.
citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Judged:

This child was NOT 16. Subtract 3 years. He is a sicko!
mad

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I am far from being a child! And I have no shame in wanting to see justice for the one's being abused. What is your problem? Why do you think it should be swept under a rug? I know why, I see you didn't deny being one in the same as the accused. Are you the frickin' pervert? Is that why you are on the defense, and getting all peeved because people want to see the man who hurt this child punished? As far as for what I hope for you, I hope Bubba and the boys at MOCC have fun passin' you around til you feel as used and abused as the poor victim does!
That isn't Jeremy I guarantee you, that is a leftist who believes in criminal rights above justice. Casey Anthony got off because of this kind of language. If that was Jeremy, the spelling and grammar would be terrible. This guy at least has some semblance of a basic education. I believe the 'scott' character is Jeremy.

“Boriiiiiing :)”

Level 3

Since: Nov 10

Route 61

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

I think no matter if it was consensual or not he should still go to jail. He was the adult in the situation and should not have even tried. He is a pedophile and whenever he goes to jail he's gonna get what he gave to that child.
DAD

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Judged:

TheOnlyKermit wrote:
FACT: The child was 13 and Jeremy forced himself on her.#1 You don't get 28 counts of sexual assault from having sex with a willing partner.#2 A 13 year old child cannot be a willing partner in any sexual matter with someone 17 years older than they are. So your 'affair' theory is just inconsequential and ridiculous.#3 The child is testifying against him and there is a lot of physical evidence and the facts will present themselves and Jeremy will be found guilty because he will be advised to plead out to avoid the time of each count. If he doesn't, he will face a long time in prison. I'd prefer him to plead not guilty and get the full fury of the justice system. He is doomed to a life of being a punk for some degenerates in Mt. Olive.

In any case, Jeremy Scott Clayton will always be known as a pedophile. At this moment he hides at his mothers and trembles every night and probably has begun to pee the bed again. Every day his world gets darker and every night he can't find sleep without medication or drink. How's hell treating you Jeremy? I am going to make it worse. I'd suggest you take back what you stole immediately you fat, perverted, rotten toothed imbecile. Everyone hates you and I will see you in court. And when your sentenced I will have some words for you and I will watch you cry and get red faced just like the day I turned you in. You are weak and pathetic and have no right to breath my oxygen. We trusted you and you broke every rule to being an adult there is. Don't be a fool and have hope, that would be foolish.

Level 3

Route 61

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

DAD wrote:
<quoted text>
FACT: The child was 13 and Jeremy forced himself on her.#1 You don't get 28 counts of sexual assault from having sex with a willing partner.#2 A 13 year old child cannot be a willing partner in any sexual matter with someone 17 years older than they are. So your 'affair' theory is just inconsequential and ridiculous.#3 The child is testifying against him and there is a lot of physical evidence and the facts will present themselves and Jeremy will be found guilty because he will be advised to plead out to avoid the time of each count. If he doesn't, he will face a long time in prison. I'd prefer him to plead not guilty and get the full fury of the justice system. He is doomed to a life of being a punk for some degenerates in Mt. Olive.
In any case, Jeremy Scott Clayton will always be known as a pedophile. At this moment he hides at his mothers and trembles every night and probably has begun to pee the bed again. Every day his world gets darker and every night he can't find sleep without medication or drink. How's hell treating you Jeremy? I am going to make it worse. I'd suggest you take back what you stole immediately you fat, perverted, rotten toothed imbecile. Everyone hates you and I will see you in court. And when your sentenced I will have some words for you and I will watch you cry and get red faced just like the day I turned you in. You are weak and pathetic and have no right to breath my oxygen. We trusted you and you broke every rule to being an adult there is. Don't be a fool and have hope, that would be foolish.
Hell yes
DAD

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Judged:

Slammer wrote:
<quoted text>
16 ain't no baby! I've seen 16 year olds with two kids already. I'll reserve judgement until after the guy tells his side of the story.
16 is a baby unless you are 16. I would hope you are a child yourself. any 30 year old who would have sex with a 16 year old is a degenerate. But the child in this matter is 13. When you're old enough to have fathered a 16 year old, come back and tell us 16 'aint' a baby. Lord, the world is so full of degenerates and leftist hedonism. I suppose you'd say,'if they iz old nuff to bleed they iz old nuff to breed.' I so much hope your kind gets sterilized and quit over-populating the Earth and thinking you have a right to breath my oxygen.

Level 3

Route 61

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

I agree that 16 is a baby. I hope to God that that guy isn't a grown man.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Judged:

fail wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry going to have to fail you on this its 16 and within 3 years so he would have to be no older than 19.
That is what I belived too until I was on the grand jury. We had a case of a 16 year old girl who willingly had a sexual relationship with a middle-aged man. The parents wanted him tried for statuary rape. Because 16 is the age of censent in WV (no 3 years apply here), and the female was a willing partner, we could not indict him.

I did not know that the girl in this topic was 13 not 16. Someone posted that she was 16. If she is 13, then this is a horse of a different color.

I am not some ignorant hick as "Dad" has portrayed. I am someone who believes in the greatest justice system in the world. Every American should fight against the "hang em high" mentality of some individuals.

If we don't fight for the rights of all, there will be no rights for any.

Level 2

Elyria, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

If he did it let the courts deal with it. And if they find out nothing happened the charge the girl or the parents. Just let the courts do there job for now. Cause you know if he did do it and gets away with it someone will deal with him on the streets
messed up

Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

what about the kids rights. what about all the abuse that happens to kids who are afraid to tell.
DAD

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Judged:

TheOnlyKermit wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what I belived too until I was on the grand jury. We had a case of a 16 year old girl who willingly had a sexual relationship with a middle-aged man. The parents wanted him tried for statuary rape. Because 16 is the age of censent in WV (no 3 years apply here), and the female was a willing partner, we could not indict him.
I did not know that the girl in this topic was 13 not 16. Someone posted that she was 16. If she is 13, then this is a horse of a different color.
I am not some ignorant hick as "Dad" has portrayed. I am someone who believes in the greatest justice system in the world. Every American should fight against the "hang em high" mentality of some individuals.
If we don't fight for the rights of all, there will be no rights for any.
Nothing I've said about your post here portrayed you as an ignorant hick. I simply informed you on the factual information. You're obviously not a 'hick' as you say. The user 'scott' is what I would classify as a 'hick'. You couldn't help being ignorant on the actual age of the child involved. Ignorance is not the same as stupidity which is what I gather you mean by 'hick'.

I don't share your opinion that America has the greatest justice system in the world. It has become bogged down with superfluous legalities and the fact that the ACLU has lobbied for the protection of the criminal and created legislation that is an economic nightmare on the judicial system. In fact, we have one of the worst justice systems in the entire world and i can quote many cases that prove this statement. Casey Anthony, O.J. Simpson and on and on. With tort reform and common sense, maybe America could have a great justice system, but as of now, we do not.

'Hang 'em High' was a great movie. John Wayne also dealt with sickos and trouble makers in a way that deterred future sickness and trouble making. Our criminal system creates more criminals and while they do their time they learn how to be better criminals. You think that is the greatest justice system in the world? I believe taking five minutes to hear both sides and making a common sense judgment then issuing a death order (in a case such as this) would save America a lot of money and time and rid us of the plague of sickos we now have roaming the streets on probation.

The leftist mentality is always about the criminal.'Oh come on guys, let's be nice and let the law sort it out. Leave him alone, he could be innocent. Poor accused man.' And all that BS just creates trouble for the victim and the people who really care. I guarantee you there will come a day when the people get sick of that attitude and just start taking care of the problem citizens themselves. People are already sick of the economic state of the country and yet, we keep building prisons and wasting time and money trying to ensure justice for criminals. I mean, we must make sure criminals are protected, correct?

I can assure you, if we just shot child molesters, rapists, murderers and the like right on Court Street in Fayetteville and let WOAY broadcast it, we would have less problems with such crimes. So what is exactly wrong with the 'Hang 'em High' mind set? Justice is justice, but leftists want enough red tape to wrap around the entire Earth a few hundred times. It is just proof that America's justice system is screwed up.

Regardless, at the end of this, anyone who defended Jeremy's actions are going to feel like fools and the rest are going to feel very happy that another sicko is off the street. His family and he himself can come on here and make all the defense they want to, the truth is he raped a 13 year old child multiple times and the evidence is present. All we are doing now is awaiting 'the greatest justice system in the world' to punish him. Until that day, he is free on bond and probably scoping out every little girl he sees.

'What a wonderful system we have.' says the ignorant. so yes,'Hang 'em High'.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Judged:

Yes this is the best justice system in the world. The "justice" you advocate is carried out in Iran, Iraq, etc. Would you care to move there? If not, then be an American and support our constitution.

I have no doubt that if you are speaking about your daughter, and she is 13 years old, and had any sexual contact with this individual, then he will spend possibly the rest of his life in prison. As he should.
DAD

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

TheOnlyKermit wrote:
Yes this is the best justice system in the world. The "justice" you advocate is carried out in Iran, Iraq, etc. Would you care to move there? If not, then be an American and support our constitution.
I have no doubt that if you are speaking about your daughter, and she is 13 years old, and had any sexual contact with this individual, then he will spend possibly the rest of his life in prison. As he should.
Sharia Law is something quite different than early American justice. Sharia Law is enacted as a means to suppress individual freedom, women, and other religious beliefs. Early American justice served as a deterrence against the creation of delinquency in minors that results in such deviance as we have displayed before us here. You're just recounting liberal talking points. I never said I wanted Islam's Sharia Law which is the legal systems in both Iran and Iraq.

I believe what you are arguing is that the evolution and additions to the constitution are constitutional. I believe the original document has gone through some leftist translations and amendments. So, I support the founding father's constitution, but not the amended version. Common sense would support the original document's intent that black's are human beings, so no amended rights were needed. Of course women are human beings too, so why shouldn't they be able to vote? And so on and so on. I think you are comparing apples to oranges here. I can believe in hanging criminals and also support the United State's Constitution. I don't support the evolution our 'justice system' has undergone. It is a bureaucratic nightmare. Just ask any rape victim how they feel about it.

Your argument is a political argument. My argument is about how well the constitution is being adhered to. It is that very document that created the 'Hang 'em High' mentality, and the constitution was framed using the Bible as a reference for justice and law. An eye for an eye was never a process that took 5 years and 50 million dollars to achieve. You either did it and got punished, or you were proven innocent and were set free. This was quick and painless.

The Constitution, in it's purest form, supports my position more than it does the state of our judicial system now. There is absolutely nothing in it that says it should take years and loads of cash to punish a criminal. How you relate my statements to Sharia Laws in Iran and Iraq only you know. But I can agree with you, we should hang those people high too, and quickly, without concern to international opinion or bureaucratic nonsense. There is only one thing evil responds to and that is force that comes quickly and painfully, and guess what... when people live in that type of system, they tend to try not to be evil with much more vigor than the people who live under our current system.
Amanda ex wife

Tarboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

DAD wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing I've said about your post here portrayed you as an ignorant hick. I simply informed you on the factual information. You're obviously not a 'hick' as you say. The user 'scott' is what I would classify as a 'hick'. You couldn't help being ignorant on the actual age of the child involved. Ignorance is not the same as stupidity which is what I gather you mean by 'hick'.
I don't share your opinion that America has the greatest justice system in the world. It has become bogged down with superfluous legalities and the fact that the ACLU has lobbied for the protection of the criminal and created legislation that is an economic nightmare on the judicial system. In fact, we have one of the worst justice systems in the entire world and i can quote many cases that prove this statement. Casey Anthony, O.J. Simpson and on and on. With tort reform and common sense, maybe America could have a great justice system, but as of now, we do not.
'Hang 'em High' was a great movie. John Wayne also dealt with sickos and trouble makers in a way that deterred future sickness and trouble making. Our criminal system creates more criminals and while they do their time they learn how to be better criminals. You think that is the greatest justice system in the world? I believe taking five minutes to hear both sides and making a common sense judgment then issuing a death order (in a case such as this) would save America a lot of money and time and rid us of the plague of sickos we now have roaming the streets on probation.
The leftist mentality is always about the criminal.'Oh come on guys, let's be nice and let the law sort it out. Leave him alone, he could be innocent. Poor accused man.' And all that BS just creates trouble for the victim and the people who really care. I guarantee you there will come a day when the people get sick of that attitude and just start taking care of the problem citizens themselves. People are already sick of the economic state of the country and yet, we keep building prisons and wasting time and money trying to ensure justice for criminals. I mean, we must make sure criminals are protected, correct?
I can assure you, if we just shot child molesters, rapists, murderers and the like right on Court Street in Fayetteville and let WOAY broadcast it, we would have less problems with such crimes. So what is exactly wrong with the 'Hang 'em High' mind set? Justice is justice, but leftists want enough red tape to wrap around the entire Earth a few hundred times. It is just proof that America's justice system is screwed up.
Regardless, at the end of this, anyone who defended Jeremy's actions are going to feel like fools and the rest are going to feel very happy that another sicko is off the street. His family and he himself can come on here and make all the defense they want to, the truth is he raped a 13 year old child multiple times and the evidence is present. All we are doing now is awaiting 'the greatest justice system in the world' to punish him. Until that day, he is free on bond and probably scoping out every little girl he sees.
'What a wonderful system we have.' says the ignorant. so yes,'Hang 'em High'.
By any chance will I be able to attend the hearing on the 26th??
DAD

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Amanda ex wife wrote:
<quoted text>
By any chance will I be able to attend the hearing on the 26th??
I am not sure but I don't think pre-trial hearings are public. If you have something to say on either side then I would get in touch with either his attorney or the Magistrate's office and you may be able to be subpoenaed.

Level 3

Route 61

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

scott wrote:
<quoted text>you dont know him so watch your mouth little biotch
Little bitch? HUH UH! I am actually a pretty decent sized bitch and you are nothing but a pedophile yourself for taking up for his child molesting ass. You were probably involved in it. People like you make me sick.
Amanda

Tarboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

DAD wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure but I don't think pre-trial hearings are public. If you have something to say on either side then I would get in touch with either his attorney or the Magistrate's office and you may be able to be subpoenaed.
No it's more less because I am sick of the lies.. Every time they open their mouths they lie to me. Which with your daughters age they my keep it a closed hearing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Oak Hill Forum right now

Search the Oak Hill Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 21 min fitness-guru 53,697
Some Low Life! 32 min DIRTY OLD MAN 2
home wreckers who destroys a mans family 53 min Tango 6
clothing vouchers 1 hr oak hill family 6
Why are there so many fat people in Oak Hill? 2 hr breanda 14
List Your Favorite One Hit Wonder Tunes To Share (Oct '13) 3 hr Honesthillbilly 44
where are u tiffany newman 4 hr Honesthillbilly 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Oak Hill Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oak Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE