truth2

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Or,too quote Stephen Hawkin,what was he doing all that time before he created man?
Leslie

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

God has no beginning of days nor ending of days as we do.
truth2

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Leslie wrote:
God has no beginning of days nor ending of days as we do.
Sort of a non-answer don't you think?
1 post removed

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

You still on here causing trouble... LOL. :) Okay, I'll bite. God is eternal.
joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Which of the thousands of gods are you talking about?
Nancy

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

joe wrote:
Which of the thousands of gods are you talking about?
Another unintelligent person!
truth2

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

penguy wrote:
You still on here causing trouble... LOL.:) Okay, I'll bite. God is eternal.
So he was a trillion years old and one day he was feeling really bored and decided to create man in his image? Who was he keeping track of before man?
Level 1

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

the bible says the earth is 6000 years old and evolution says the earth is 4.5 billion years old and that the univeres is 13.5 billion years old.. so when did the creator come to be?? i would think that the creator is way older than 13.5 billion years damn!!!! one day of our time could be like a million years to gods time... so i would think the creator would be at least a googol years old.
truth2

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

I_know_truth wrote:
the bible says the earth is 6000 years old and evolution says the earth is 4.5 billion years old and that the univeres is 13.5 billion years old.. so when did the creator come to be?? i would think that the creator is way older than 13.5 billion years damn!!!! one day of our time could be like a million years to gods time... so i would think the creator would be at least a googol years old.
Too quote MLK,longevity has its place.
HPL

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

truth2 wrote:
<quoted text>
So he was a trillion years old and one day he was feeling really bored and decided to create man in his image? Who was he keeping track of before man?
God wasn't a trillion years old! God has no beginning. In reality it took that long to perfect you and you "LACK of wisdom".
Garry

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

I_know_truth wrote:
The Bible doesn't say the Earth is 6000 years old. Give Scripture and Verse.
truth2

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

HPL wrote:
<quoted text>God wasn't a trillion years old! God has no beginning. In reality it took that long to perfect you and you "LACK of wisdom".
Could you possibly expand on your statements?
Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Genesis Ch 1 1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.(period)
2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The word "WAS" translates in the Hebrew (haw-yaw) which means "To become" So Versus 2 should be read, And the earth "became void.
If it became Void there had to be something here that was destroyed. This show that some time pass between versus 1&2 (Could be thousands or millions of years)
Psalms 104 talks about a flood that destroyed the earth and its inhabitance. This could not be Noah’s flood because Noah’s flood took months to recede. In psalms 104:7 God tells the water to recede and it receded immediately. It did not take months.
In Genesis 1:28 God tells Adam to go and replenish the earth. If you are replenish something there had to be something there prior to this.

In 2 Corinthians 12:2 It talks about John Being Caught up to the 3rd heaven age (Revelation 21 where it talks about a new heaven and a new earth.) This is after the Satan is thrown into the pit.

So the First Heaven & earth age was when Satan tried to over throw God. That age was destroyed
The second began with Adam.
The 3rd will begin in the eternity when Satan is thrown into the lake of fire and heaven and earth is renew
This earth age is possibly between 6000-13000 years old
There is so much more info but this is a good conversation starter.
Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Simply put, it came from the Bible. Of course, the Bible doesn’t say explicitly anywhere,“The earth is 6,000 years old.” Good thing it doesn’t; otherwise it would be out of date the following year. But we wouldn’t expect an all-knowing God to make that kind of a mistake.

God gave us something better. In essence, He gave us a “birth certificate.” For example, using a personal birth certificate, a person can calculate how old he is at any point. It is similar with the earth. Genesis 1 says that the earth was created on the first day of creation (Genesis 1:1–5). From there, we can begin to calculate the age of the earth.

Let’s do a rough calculation to show how this works. The age of the earth can be estimated by taking the first five days of creation (from earth’s creation to Adam), then following the genealogies from Adam to Abraham in Genesis 5 and 11, then adding in the time from Abraham to today.

Adam was created on day 6, so there were five days before him. If we add up the dates from Adam to Abraham, we get about 2,000 years, using the Masoretic Hebrew text of Genesis 5 and 11.3 Whether Christian or secular, most scholars would agree that Abraham lived about 2,000 B.C.(4,000 years ago).

So a simple calculation is:

5 days
+~2,000 years
+~4,000 years

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

God is a myth.
HPL

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

I_know_truth wrote:
Simply put, it came from the Bible. Of course, the Bible doesn’t say explicitly anywhere,“The earth is 6,000 years old.” Good thing it doesn’t; otherwise it would be out of date the following year. But we wouldn’t expect an all-knowing God to make that kind of a mistake.
God gave us something better. In essence, He gave us a “birth certificate.” For example, using a personal birth certificate, a person can calculate how old he is at any point. It is similar with the earth. Genesis 1 says that the earth was created on the first day of creation (Genesis 1:1–5). From there, we can begin to calculate the age of the earth.
Let’s do a rough calculation to show how this works. The age of the earth can be estimated by taking the first five days of creation (from earth’s creation to Adam), then following the genealogies from Adam to Abraham in Genesis 5 and 11, then adding in the time from Abraham to today.
Adam was created on day 6, so there were five days before him. If we add up the dates from Adam to Abraham, we get about 2,000 years, using the Masoretic Hebrew text of Genesis 5 and 11.3 Whether Christian or secular, most scholars would agree that Abraham lived about 2,000 B.C.(4,000 years ago).
So a simple calculation is:
5 days
+~2,000 years
+~4,000 years
God is not (googol years old) as you put it. God is not old, God is God, God is ageless, God is a Spirit, no beginning with a Spirit. God the creator was there in the beginning! God created all thing despite what some may think, well it's their choice to think and believe what ever thay want. God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent and omniscient and God never once told us the age of the heavens and the Earth. Have a good day.
truth2

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

HPL wrote:
<quoted text>God is not (googol years old) as you put it. God is not old, God is God, God is ageless, God is a Spirit, no beginning with a Spirit. God the creator was there in the beginning! God created all thing despite what some may think, well it's their choice to think and believe what ever thay want. God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent and omniscient and God never once told us the age of the heavens and the Earth. Have a good day.
I am applying your answers to the laws of physics but they do not seem to compute. Do you suppose I made a mistake?
joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>Another unintelligent person!
Ok then Nancy, he or she(god)is the same age as Santa Claus, Easter Bunny and Humpty Dumpty and just as real too!!!
joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Darwin wrote:
God is a myth.
Exactly gods are a myth and religion is a scam!!
Darwin

Chapel Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Amen, lol, and Jesus has missed over 400 chances of his so called return. What is that jerk waiting for.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Oak Hill Forum right now

Search the Oak Hill Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr Yes it is me 53,378
Rails To Trails Rape In Oak Hill Open And Shut ... 1 hr old fashioned 26
whats up with them olds brothers 2 hr victim 3
top tall woman fayette county 2 hr jwc 4
who knows tonya legg 2 hr oakhill 4
Children exposted to religion 3 hr truth2 19
Players 4 hr Oak Hill Midget Football 4
•••
•••
•••
Oak Hill Dating

more search filters

less search filters