Thinkers Amazing Liberals

Thinkers Amazing Liberals

Posted in the Oak Hill Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Feinds Of Coal

Oak Hill, WV

#1 May 5, 2013
I just love this sort of heavy thought stuff.

http://2012election.procon.org/view.resource....

Differences in Conservative and Liberal Brains
16 peer-reviewed studies show liberals and conservatives physiologically different.

----------
Dang if those brain doctors don't thunk they know it all.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ulterior-...

"...In these analyses, children with parents who were more authoritarian and less egalitarian( <sic what dat word mean) tended to grow up with more conservative political views.
Children who had difficulty focusing their attention on playing were more conservative than those who had less difficulty focusing attention. Finally, children who were more fearful were more likely to express conservative views than children who were less fearful ..."
No FEAR Boys

----------

http://www.americanscientist.org/science/pub/...

"Study: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives?

…A libertarian (and, as such, nonpartisan) researcher, Satoshi Kanazawa of the London School of Economics and Political Science, has just written a paper that is set to be published in March by the journal Social Psychology Quarterly. The paper investigates not only whether conservatives are dumber than liberals but also why that might be so….

The short answer: Kanazawa's paper shows that more-intelligent people are more likely to say they are liberal.
...He argues that smarter people are more willing to espouse "evolutionarily novel" values…"
bob

Beckley, WV

#2 May 6, 2013
re4al
Fiends Of Coal

Oak Hill, WV

#3 May 13, 2013
Has anybody else noticed -
Many conservatives do not seem to have empathy (the ability to imagine yourself in another persons shoes).
Have I heard autistic kids don't have empathy?

I see in one of the 16 peer reviewed studies they show conservatives have trouble with eye gaze.
Have I heard autistic kids do not look people in the eye?

Perhaps conservatives are a little autistic?

I also saw how afraid the conservatives are according to that study.
I am sorry mommie didn't hug you.

No Fear boys. No Fear. It'll be OK.
Fiends Of Coal

Oak Hill, WV

#4 May 13, 2013
bob wrote:
re4al
Maybe a little too thoughtful for me?

Does it mean real for all?
Fiends Of Coal

Oak Hill, WV

#5 May 18, 2013
bob wrote:
re4al
These kids and their slang.
Back in my day we had to walk 5 miles in snow a foot deep to get to school. We were too tired for slang. ;-)

Well I see little bug had a pithy comment. Does it every contribute a thought too or is it just one liners? <laugh here>

So -- a poor ditch digger, that has to make a living with his back because he hasn't had a chance to make a living using his brain ...
This ditch digger, because he works 70 hours a week since globalization and lack of unions ...
Doesn't have the time and hasn't gained the smarts and critical thinking to look past the pithy news spoon fed to him by Faux and The Brothers?...
This strong backed worker bee is a conservative?

Well Golly Gee Gomers.
Tell us more news ...

Perhaps it also is time for a pithy one liner? <laugh here>?
How about ---- a THOUGHT too besides the pithy one liner ;-0
Fiends Of Coal

Oak Hill, WV

#6 May 19, 2013
I see the name "Fiends Of Coal" is Now popping up in many cities. Thanks my Brother from another Mother.

Power to the People ---(i.e. not some corporation).
Olinekova

Oak Hill, WV

#7 May 21, 2013
Fiends Of Coal

Oak Hill, WV

#8 May 22, 2013
Fiends Of Coal wrote:
I see the name "Fiends Of Coal" is Now popping up in many cities. Thanks my Brother from another Mother.
Power to the People ---(i.e. not some corporation).
and many gay sites. thanks
Max

Oak Hill, WV

#9 May 24, 2013
Feinds Of Coal wrote:
I just love this sort of heavy thought stuff.
http://2012election.procon.org/view.resource....
Differences in Conservative and Liberal Brains
16 peer-reviewed studies show liberals and conservatives physiologically different.
----------
Dang if those brain doctors don't thunk they know it all.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ulterior-...
"...In these analyses, children with parents who were more authoritarian and less egalitarian( <sic what dat word mean) tended to grow up with more conservative political views.
Children who had difficulty focusing their attention on playing were more conservative than those who had less difficulty focusing attention. Finally, children who were more fearful were more likely to express conservative views than children who were less fearful ..."
No FEAR Boys
----------
http://www.americanscientist.org/science/pub/...
"Study: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives?
…A libertarian (and, as such, nonpartisan) researcher, Satoshi Kanazawa of the London School of Economics and Political Science, has just written a paper that is set to be published in March by the journal Social Psychology Quarterly. The paper investigates not only whether conservatives are dumber than liberals but also why that might be so….
The short answer: Kanazawa's paper shows that more-intelligent people are more likely to say they are liberal.
...He argues that smarter people are more willing to espouse "evolutionarily novel" values…"
Let me enlighten you (yes - pun intended). Do you know what a pun is dumbo?

"Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis)[1] is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality.[2][3]
Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas such as free and fair elections, civil rights, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free trade, and private property.[4][5][6][7][8]

Liberalism first became a distinct political movement during the Age of Enlightenment, when it became popular among philosophers and economists in the Western world. Liberalism rejected the notions, common at the time, of hereditary privilege, state religion, absolute monarchy, and the Divine Right of Kings.

The early liberal thinker John Locke is often credited with founding liberalism as a distinct philosophical tradition. Locke argued that each man has a natural right to life, liberty and property[9] and according to the social contract, governments must not violate these rights..."

So we want some great capitalism without big money buying and avoiding government. We don't need to be Somalia Pirates in our capitalism!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism
Max

Oak Hill, WV

#10 May 24, 2013
It's a new dawn boys. Get with the program or get left behind (Darwin).
So -- that ditch digger, that has to make a living with his back because he can't make a living using his brain ...
This ditch digger, because he works 70 hours a week since globalization and lack of unions ...
Doesn't have the time and hasn't gained the smarts and critical thinking to look past the pithy news spoon fed to him by Faux and The Brothers?...
This strong backed worker bee is a conservative?
Well Golly Gee Gomers.
Tell us more news ...
Definition of a Conservative - a 1950s moral bumpkin, a one percenter or
just clueless and dumb as dirt.
N O.
F E A R.
B O Y S.
No Fear.
It'll be OK.
Dry Creek

Oak Hill, WV

#11 Jun 12, 2013
"...The short answer: Kanazawa's paper shows that more-intelligent people are more likely to say they are liberal.
...He argues that smarter people are more willing to espouse "evolutionarily novel" values…"

In other words?

GROW up lil boyz.

Get it.
G R O W.
Fiends of Coal

Oak Hill, WV

#12 Jun 12, 2013
I live in dry creek, but I use coal generated electricity, and I will be damned if I will pay for alternatives. I like to talk about how intelligent I am, it makes me feel better about my self esteem issues.
2 posts removed
harvey wall banger

Barboursville, WV

#15 Jun 12, 2013
Max wrote:
<quoted text>Let me enlighten you (yes - pun intended). Do you know what a pun is dumbo?

"Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis)[1] is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality.[2][3]
Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas such as free and fair elections, civil rights, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free trade, and private property.[4][5][6][7][8]

Liberalism first became a distinct political movement during the Age of Enlightenment, when it became popular among philosophers and economists in the Western world. Liberalism rejected the notions, common at the time, of hereditary privilege, state religion, absolute monarchy, and the Divine Right of Kings.

The early liberal thinker John Locke is often credited with founding liberalism as a distinct philosophical tradition. Locke argued that each man has a natural right to life, liberty and property[9] and according to the social contract, governments must not violate these rights..."

So we want some great capitalism without big money buying and avoiding government. We don't need to be Somalia Pirates in our capitalism!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism
Liberalism was good in the beginning stages but has turned into a destructive force against individual pursuit of true happiness. They have destroyed family values, work ethics, and the definition of life has been bastardized. Liberalism needs to go back to the beginning stages of its existence and add into it the true value of life and pursuit of happiness.
Musee Rodin

Oak Hill, WV

#16 Jun 30, 2013
"…A study at University College London in the UK has found that conservatives’ brains have larger amygdalas than the brains of liberals. Amygdalas are responsible for fear and other “primitive” emotions. At the same time, conservatives’ brains were also found to have a smaller anterior cingulate — the part of the brain responsible for courage and optimism…."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/28/conserv...

let me think on this
Amazing Thinkers

Oak Hill, WV

#17 Sep 23, 2013
Musee Rodin wrote:
"…A study at University College London in the UK has found that conservatives’ brains have larger amygdalas than the brains of liberals. Amygdalas are responsible for fear and other “primitive” emotions. At the same time, conservatives’ brains were also found to have a smaller anterior cingulate — the part of the brain responsible for courage and optimism…."
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/28/conserv...
let me think on this
Rodin I get it
A good one
Working it Out

Oak Hill, WV

#18 Dec 6, 2013
Feinds Of Coal wrote:
I just love this sort of heavy thought stuff.
http://2012election.procon.org/view.resource....
Differences in Conservative and Liberal Brains
16 peer-reviewed studies show liberals and conservatives physiologically different.
----------
Dang if those brain doctors don't thunk they know it all.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ulterior-...
"...In these analyses, children with parents who were more authoritarian and less egalitarian( <sic what dat word mean) tended to grow up with more conservative political views.
Children who had difficulty focusing their attention on playing were more conservative than those who had less difficulty focusing attention. Finally, children who were more fearful were more likely to express conservative views than children who were less fearful ..."
No FEAR Boys
----------
http://www.americanscientist.org/science/pub/...
"Study: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives?
…A libertarian (and, as such, nonpartisan) researcher, Satoshi Kanazawa of the London School of Economics and Political Science, has just written a paper that is set to be published in March by the journal Social Psychology Quarterly. The paper investigates not only whether conservatives are dumber than liberals but also why that might be so….
The short answer: Kanazawa's paper shows that more-intelligent people are more likely to say they are liberal.
...He argues that smarter people are more willing to espouse "evolutionarily novel" values…"
I digress err do I mean disagree err do I mean ----- OK you're right !!!!
ReinventingtheWh eel

Oak Hill, WV

#19 Dec 6, 2013
Psychology Today is not necessarily a scientific journal, and what you read in it should be taken with a grain of salt.
ReinventingtheWh eel

Oak Hill, WV

#20 Dec 6, 2013
The world was once flat, holes were drilled in heads to release the evil spirits, smoking doesn't cause cancer (now it does), hippie liberal tree huggers protested nuclear power (now they are proponents), global warming is man made/isn't man made/is man made/isn't man made. Unfortunately, science occasionally goes to the highest bidder and the only real way to know is to drop the bias and seek the answers with your own eyes.
1 post removed
Third Wheel

Mount Hope, WV

#22 Apr 22, 2014
ReinventingtheWheel wrote:
The world was once flat, holes were drilled in heads to release the evil spirits, smoking doesn't cause cancer (now it does), hippie liberal tree huggers protested nuclear power (now they are proponents), global warming is man made/isn't man made/is man made/isn't man made. Unfortunately, science occasionally goes to the highest bidder and the only real way to know is to drop the bias and seek the answers with your own eyes.
We could almost call this critical thinking OMG, LOL, forgive me
Rolling Under The Floor Laughing.

"Own eyes"--- so forget about things from a microscope or telescope. You are comparing scientists from flat earth days to todays O M G.
Climate variation has been understood very well for decades, sorry you did not bother to look into it well. Tenured College Researchers pretty much get paid no matter what they say and actually get looked upon favorably when they can disprove a common idea or theory.

But you ALMOST got S O M E T H I N G correct in your post ..... your name. LOL
Radny

Oak Hill, WV

#23 Apr 22, 2014
Dude, this country is headed for a train wreck. Non renewable resources will be more in demand as population grows. That is a fact. People are renewing faster than the stuff we use to heat and cool our homes, than the stuff we use to drive our cars. The ice melts away from the Arctic and countries are planting flags trying to claim those newly uncovered resources. Tensions will rise as some countries will withhold necessary resources from countries that need them. Clearly nothing to worry about there. Be naďve, I don't care, but bad days are ahead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tiffany garrison 1 min Oak hill 4
Lee Morton what did he do? (Jul '12) 1 min Brittany 11
Brian Allen, the boy in the car chase 4 min Just saying 6
Double Word Alphabet Game,... (Jan '14) 21 min POM 38 264
Drugs for 45 dollars 21 min In recovery 12
Solar Eclipse 49 min Sagan 18
last post wins! (Jan '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 1,706

Oak Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oak Hill Mortgages