C. Adam Toney Tire
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Likes good service

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Feb 18, 2012
I've had another bad experience with C. Adam Toney Tire. I'll never have another bad one with these jerks. Mr. Toney may one day realize that we don't have to put up with sloppy, unprofessional employees and pay his high prices.

If you want good prices on tires, go to " tires.com ". That's Discount Tire's website. They operate about 600 retail locations nationally and also sell tires through their website. If you order tires through their website, you'll have them in 2-3 days. They don't charge for shipping and handling and don't charge tax to West Virginia tires.

You can take the tires from " tires.com " to someplace like Davis in Oak Hill and they'll mount them for just few dollars. This is a great way to save a lot of money and not have to deal with the slobs at C. Adam Toney Tire.
tophat

Oak Hill, WV

#2 Feb 18, 2012
Why not buy the tires from Davis?
Gorge Guy

Oak Hill, WV

#3 Feb 18, 2012
tophat wrote:
Why not buy the tires from Davis?
Probably because Discount Tire and/or www.tires.com has much better prices (I'm assuming).
Fact

Charleston, WV

#4 Feb 18, 2012
Don't forget who you are dealing with;an x sheriff and crook and has a brother Hamm who is just as crooked.
fact is

Sophia, WV

#5 Feb 18, 2012
If you buy tires at tires.com , you will wind up paying more for the tires than locally. Don't take my word, go to the website, and price them. Looks good, huh? Now add in shipping. uh,oh. Now, think again, Davis or anybody else is not going to mount them for a "few dollars". Try about 15-20 bucks a piece or more, way more if you have tire pressure monitoring system. If you have a need for some exotic tire or a high speed tire, which you will pay out the nose for for no benefit on our roads, you may be alright buying on the internet. But you better do the math.
Just the truth please

Oak Hill, WV

#6 Feb 18, 2012
fact is wrote:
If you buy tires at tires.com , you will wind up paying more for the tires than locally. Don't take my word, go to the website, and price them. Looks good, huh? Now add in shipping. uh,oh. Now, think again, Davis or anybody else is not going to mount them for a "few dollars". Try about 15-20 bucks a piece or more, way more if you have tire pressure monitoring system. If you have a need for some exotic tire or a high speed tire, which you will pay out the nose for for no benefit on our roads, you may be alright buying on the internet. But you better do the math.
Who in the hell would pay 15-20 dollars per tire to have them mounted, balanced and installed? Maybe you should "do the math" and use realistic numbers. Also, the guy who started this thread said there was no shipping charges and they don't charge sales tax if they ship to a West Virginia address.
fact is

Sophia, WV

#7 Feb 18, 2012
Just the truth please wrote:
<quoted text>
Who in the hell would pay 15-20 dollars per tire to have them mounted, balanced and installed? Maybe you should "do the math" and use realistic numbers. Also, the guy who started this thread said there was no shipping charges and they don't charge sales tax if they ship to a West Virginia address.
Ok, you tell me what a reputable tire shop would charge you to take off your tires, demount, remount, balance and put it back on. I have a feeling you have not done this. If you buy your tires from the dealer, Davis tire, Toney tire, yes the mount and balance is free (well, its figured into the price the charge for the tire, but thats just business). Take some tires in of your own, and that is what you will get charged. Its not 1975 anymore, and tire machines, and the balanceer will cost a tire dealer, 3k to 6k or more apiece. Tires.com and tirerack.com , all charge shipping. Go there and price tires, then you will be asked for your zip for shipping quote.
who cares

Summersville, WV

#8 Feb 18, 2012
lol
meagan

Sophia, WV

#9 Feb 18, 2012
for 189$ i got 2 brand new tires, had the good front tires rotated to the back and the 2 new ones put on the front and had them balanced and all that good stuff, dont think it was a bad deal myself,and the tires were kimonos or something like that, hellll idk my husband knows all about that crap but i have never had issues with them, but i tell you what stay the hellll away from walmart, now them idiots are rip offs,especially when you take a tire to them to be plugged they will come in and be like uh this tire is bad and we cant fix it u need a new one and when you tell them you dont have the money for a new one, guess what, that old tire is fixable...lol tards,i had this happen 3 diffrent occasions
Calls it like I see it

Beckley, WV

#10 Feb 19, 2012
I shop at Toney Tires on Harper Rd. They have always treated me fairly. I'm running a set of Kellys on my Ram for the past 5 years, and there is NO SIGN of wear. I pull people out of ditches, so they must have a lot of traction. I don't slip and slide.
My car has Kumos...best gripping, quietest tire I ever owned. Excellent wear. Of course I do run WinterMark studded winter tires for the front in the winter months. I go where other FWDs fail. And all came from Toney Tires.

Not to mention my lawn tractor tires and my ATV tires that I also got at C. Adam Toney.

Sure, the customer waiting area needs expanded, updated AND cleaned (hint hint), but tire deals are great.

---- Honestly written. No I am not an employee or relative - just a loyal customer.
Anonymous

Gilbert, WV

#11 Feb 19, 2012
Tirerack.com saved me $4o/tire, and a local shop mounted each tire less than $5 each. Theres real math. The dealers dont care, they can slap 4 tires on in 15 minutes.
Just the truth please

Oak Hill, WV

#12 Feb 19, 2012
blacksky1 wrote:
Tirerack.com saved me $4o/tire, and a local shop mounted each tire less than $5 each. Theres real math. The dealers dont care, they can slap 4 tires on in 15 minutes.
Please don't confuse people with the truth.
Not the village idiot

Oak Hill, WV

#13 Feb 19, 2012
fact is wrote:
<quoted text>
Go there and price tires, then you will be asked for your zip for shipping quote.
OK, I went to tires.com and I went through the steps to put a set of tires in my "shopping cart." I was then asked for my zip code and I entered 25901. The word "FREE" appeared in the blank for the shipping cost. The sales taxes were also $0.00. If you don't want valve stems and the road hazard insurance, be sure to uncheck those two boxes.
1 post removed
fact is

Sophia, WV

#15 Feb 19, 2012
Not the village idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I went to tires.com and I went through the steps to put a set of tires in my "shopping cart." I was then asked for my zip code and I entered 25901. The word "FREE" appeared in the blank for the shipping cost. The sales taxes were also $0.00. If you don't want valve stems and the road hazard insurance, be sure to uncheck those two boxes.
Good for you, I will buy locally, support business and be glad that they will rotate my tires for free, fix a flat for free and welcome my business. In the end, I still save money.
jus sayin

Summersville, WV

#16 Feb 19, 2012
Yea adam c. Toney tires is a j ok e. They put too much oil in my car not once but I went back and they did it again!!! Can't even perform a simple oil change. Duh!!!!
nothing but the truth

Saint Albans, WV

#17 Feb 19, 2012
Well out that works out there is pill heads and coke heads they all are a joke out there I dont go there any more and they are a** holes any way
just sayn

United States

#18 Feb 20, 2012
ok i just got on the site told me it was free too ... thanks for the info likes good service ... ill tell my husband .
Supporter

Richwood, WV

#19 Feb 20, 2012
Have always got good deals and service from Toney's.
WOW

Oak Hill, WV

#20 Feb 20, 2012
Supporter wrote:
Have always got good deals and service from Toney's.
They've always been good to me. I can't tell you how many times I've taken my car in to have the oil changed, tire pressure checked, etc. and they've found nails and screws in my tires (usually after a heavy snow) and they plugged the holes w/out charging me a dime.

In fact, one time I purchased brand new tires and only had them for like two weeks and punctured the side wall of my tire when a pothole opened up under my car in a parking lot and had to replace the tire.

Not only did they replace the tire, they adjusted the price of the replacement so I didn't have to pay the full price for another new tire.
Ordinary Citizen

Oak Hill, WV

#21 Feb 20, 2012
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>...and they plugged the holes w/out charging me a dime....they adjusted the price of the replacement so I didn't have to pay the full price for another new tire.
They already made a generous profit from your prior transactions. They can easily afford to plug a tire for free and discount the price of a tire. You must be easily impressed.

I refuse to do business with them. Their place in Oak Hill is a nasty, dirty dump and their sales employees lack professionalism. Also, their tire prices are high and not competitive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jimmy Smith 1 hr I know 2
Who is Allison Harper? (Aug '13) 1 hr Whoopyoazz 44
JUSTICE FOR JOHNSONS , Gary arrested with murder 2 hr ETURAWitness 95
Randy prince heard his teeth is rotten?? 3 hr Pork chops 1
Desiree 5 hr Curious 6
Rebels Flagg (Aug '15) 5 hr LaPd 58
General Lee 5 hr Emily 16

Oak Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance